1. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

2. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Ariana Grande Collaboration Event! 1/19

Discussion in 'Old News & Events' started by Sapphire, Jan 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David M Pollard

David M Pollard Well-Known Member Supporter

Yea, I am in the same boat on sleep wise too. Can't say I wasn't taking it a little further than it needed to be. Just didn't wanted to cause more of a arguement then I already caused.

2. Rinny

Rinny くノ一 VIP Supporter

Jose, Sapphire and David M Pollard like this.
  3. Requiem

Requiem Ascended Member Supporter

What a sad ending for this game, sold their souls for a profit.

Adenascht likes this.
  4. Requius

Requius Active Member

I am certainly one of the ones in that demographic but we're not just talking US as far as Global FFBE goes. I'm not going to start making any claims I can't backup...but there are a some specific countries that are notorious for having rich preteens to teens with unlimited access to their parents bank accounts.

There are also people that are legitimately cheating. It's harder to tell now, because of the influx in available 5* Trust Moogles, but a couple months ago it was pretty easy to spot it...because, at the time, there was NO way that a 28 rank player could've possibly had 5 or 6 TMRs! It's still true to this day. I painstakingly got my Dual Wield...that was some serious time! It's still easy to spot too...but at the same time, the people with low rank who have way too many good TMRs may just have endless amounts of money, and do so many summons for their 5* bases, that they get the units with the good TMRs in the process.

Pretty sure Enix and Gumi are making a TON of money off BE...or my luck is absolutely horrible. Fairly sure it's the former.

5. Requius

Requius Active Member

6. Lionhear

Lionhear Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Leader Noctis 763 atk dual wield
    I think the song sounds nice
    [​IMG]

Jose and Vash426 like this.
  7. Requius

Requius Active Member

I suppose I'm just confused about what "civil" means, in your eyes. There was only one instance in which I accidentally offended somebody, and I hope that I've cleared that up with that individual. As far as the current conversation goes...I don't believe it is a problem to discuss a serious concern that has suddenly arisen in the Brave Exvius community.

I know, I just finally today became an actual contributor to the site - but I have been a patron of this site since I started playing the game. Nonetheless, I was under the impression that this site was created as a place where fans of the game could come together and discuss. If bringing up concerns about the future of the game - which many of us have spent a lot of money playing - then I'm quite confused.

Are we not allowed to question authority? Are we not allowed to wonder why and how and where our money goes when we spend it? Are we not allowed to question the direction of a game we all continue to play??? Are we not allowed to speculate as to whether or not the game is rigged to benefit those with a larger wallet than others? Well I won't sit back and allow my voice to be stifled. I may not be able to keep up with this every day, I do have a family and a job, but I will not hesitate to continually question the inner working of this game whenever I feel like it. Under this user name, or another, or another, or another. You can try to block my email, IP address, anything that makes u feel better - don't worry, I'll always come back if the goal of this site is to block the question askers and praise the mighty gods who run the game.

We will not be silenced.

8. Rinny

Rinny くノ一 VIP Supporter

lol this is a fansite that I just run for someone else, it's not affiliated with the creators calm down

And that statement was towards everyone, this seems to be a sensitive subject for people. Unless you're feeling guilty?

Cherub, jeremyj26 and shabaescaba like this.
  9. Fantasy

Fantasy Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Elza
    I think what Rinny said was directed to everybody, not specifically to you. But I think some of your words were too harsh/rude also. Like this below.

Even I who said "to try to put your shoes on other people" (in other thread) can be sounded disrespectful to others. Your words can be sounded even more disrespectful and offended other people. You can make your arguments without those words.

Pris likes this.
  10. Sylenti

Sylenti Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Bartz/Exdeath
    Well when Faye Wong collab for FF8, there was no objections to it. It turned out great.

Arriana as a unit in FFBE is not an issue. Celebrity endorsement for mobile games are common.

Kira and Lionhear like this.
  11. Vash426

Vash426 VIP VIP Supporter

Reading this thread is funny. I see both sides but have to say I agree that some content should not be added. I love Star Wars but don't want a Luke or Leia characters running around. I like McDonald's French fries but don't want a Ronald mcdonalds character either. Just like I like the James Bond series but don't want James bond popping up in Star Wars as himself (the actor Daniel Craig as a random storm trooper cool, bond no). Cross endorsements happen sometimes to try to expose people outside the market to something in hopes of drawing in more players. And yes more players = more money spent = more content. But there is other ways to promote an item with out gutting the core of what it stands for. People can be a fan of a pop artist but not want her running around the game. I like Nathan Fillion for his works and voice additions to products but doesn't mean I want him running around final fantasy as himself with a title like "Macho dude" or some crap like Ariana as a "Dangerous Girl". Lol
    She could have as easily liked the game on her social media while helping promote the game at functions while plugging her album or having talks of her doing a song for the game. That I wouldn't care about because in the past they had pop star songs in the games as well. That's fine but again once you start throwing random content in there to just get a few extra users where do you draw the line? Its cool getting new content but I prefer to keep it within the developers wheel house. Square enix games.... even Gumi's product was fine and tolerable because it was with in the same genre. But once you start throwing in random celebs for quick endorsements to me it cheapens the product I come to love. That's my opinion and not based on the characters sex, personality or any other excuse. I just don't like it and don't think it should be done.

Onejah likes this.
  12. darkmaster81

darkmaster81 Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    604 896 415
    Exactly, something the FF purist here miss out I guess.
    People are getting way too emotional over a game.

13. AG918

AG918 Ascended Member

I don't see why this needs to have such a negative reaction. She's gonna be a limited unit and her event will last 2 weeks at most. Afterwards we can go back to the way things were. I'm more pissed off that they forced their crappy BF characters into the meta by making them OP. When I heard about Arianna I just laughed. No need to take it so seriously.

Cherub likes this.
  14. Vash426

Ok so the character in that game was a Japanese pop star? I thought so but its been so long since I played that game. I been playing these games since FF1. I love them but just hope this game goes a long time and keeps to fantasy characters that fit with in the narrative or have a pre-exsisting history that justifies the content of the game, the crystals, and how they are real people (in game) being summoned from other FF dimensions to help Rain and Friends with their struggles. That's why I was cool with other Square Enix products because I am a huge fan of all their works and would love to see many of those characters. I guess I am just salty too because we have so many units we have yet to see in this content that pretty much put Square on the map in the first place. I mean I knew about them before this but if it wasn't for FF7 on Playstation it would not have had nearly the numbers in sales it did or the then following success. When Playstation came out a lot of people questioned it and were not on board until 7. It made rpgs more popular in the States, made playstation the rpg machine to go to, and boosted sony sales in a huge way. I remember when sony was a known brand but after the successful launch of Playstation they really blew up. FF7 was Playstations Halo. Those two games made those systems. And yet we haven't seen any real content from that other than an underwhelming, sell from inventory, buster sword.

15. Vash426

I agree. I just find the back and forth fun. Also I remember the colab for FF8 but for the States she was an unknown really. When FF8 came out it was a pop star appearing in a Japanese game with all Japanese characters so it was easy not to notice or be affected really. It was there from the games start and built into the content. Not some added content from a known famous social media icon so newer players and even some older ones are worried its a start of a sell out for quick cross advertising. Especially when you take a certain greedy developer into account the possibilities are endless. After all if this is a raging success and they see a massive increase in sales then the possibilities of others could happen. What next a Trump Trial boss? Lmao.

16. Maverickbp

Maverickbp Lufia homer VIP Supporter

We will not be silenced!

LOL sorry I found that hilarious and pictured them saying it while holding a picketing sign with the same wording. Also found it to be a thinly veiled threat as well like another member said. You're a lot nicer than I Rinny :)

17. Vash426

I laughed too. I was like wow! This is funny. I wasn't mad about the BF characters because at the time I didn't know Gumi's history or greedy ways so I was like "oh those sprites look cool and they are op! Yay!". Lol. But now Tilith is my favorite because of how awesome she is.

18. Vash426

Oh I forgot.... I love your user picture. The Full Metal Panic mascot.... hilarious. I loved the series. Especially Fumoffu. I seen it several times. Nothing funnier when he goes all militant with overboard reactions. He reminds me of Jayne from the movie Serenity when he is grabbing grenades for the bank job. Lol.

19. Errkkk

Errkkk Ascended Member

Exactly bud a fantasy game. They can do as they want. What about FFBE units? Are they not FF units either? Because they weren't introduced until this game as Ariana is.

20. Jet Stingren

Jet Stingren Ephemeral God VIP

Japan ID:
    386, 889, 987
    Leads:
    Eileen
    I don't even understand why you're all complaining over something that at this point cannot be changed, or even helped. If any of you have dealt with Gumi in the past them going left field and bringing completely random exclusive units to their games is not anything new. I mean sure it was a bit random with it being a celebrity. But, for all we know she /could/ be a fan of the game. Instead of being bitter and not even looking into the whole story. You guys wanna be all prideful cause it's not a "FF" character. In that case, let's take all of the non FF characters out the game. Goodbye, BF, and holiday themed units.

It's even more mind blowing when none of you even know what she does. I bet alot of you will flip the script if she actually turns to be a fantastic unit and then everyone is gonna be like "oh, I want Ariana she's a great unit she can do this and that." I would even allow complaints to slide if her unit is confirmed to be bad but since we know nothing but bits, and pieces. There's no point in this senseless arguing.

bwompX2, Kira, Cherub and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.