1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Armeggeddon - ELT, Use 25 Different Unit, DONE!

Discussion in 'Rants, Raves and Accomplishments' started by Jimmy Li, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Jimmy Li

Jimmy Li Ascended Member

I chose the safe way, only swap one at a time, after 20 run since Thursday's release, finally got the achievement done. It is a great trial but seems like only design for Esther, for those that clear without Esther at all including friend unit, you have my respect!

Stats: very steady 7-turn KO by using Esther's counter at 4% threshold, or beginning of 8th turn by chaining it off.

Well, bye-bye Eggy, I don't want to see you again!!!

(in case if you want to see my strategy for reference, check out the link below)

https://brave-exvius.com/threads/armeggeddon-lgd-strategy.49301/

Ferax likes this.
  2. Bardiel

Bardiel Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Good job!!

I too just beat it in exactly 7 turns with 2 Esthers, Sylvie, Eiko, full evasion Basch and Ellesperis.
    In the end only Ellesperis died a couple of times near the end 'cause she don't have the bulkyness needed to survive the last hits but in the end her role is just to cast Barstonra in the first turn...the fact that she helped with the chaining is probably the only reason I beated the trial in 7 turns and not in 8-9 but whatever.

I think Eiko is better than Fina in this trial not only because she can heal with an ability but she can ALSO build up the summon gauge that helped me tons of times to fully heal up with 3* Lakshmi.

Now I just have to beat it 25 more times at least...yay -_-

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  3. spada

spada All hail the baconl0rd! VIP Supporter Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Currently Esther
    I'm changing 3 units per run. Keeping A. Rain since i can get him to 300% earth resist with gear and Esther since... well it's pretty obvious why. Still, i've had to come up with some weird team comps to clear it, so it's been a fun and interesting trial so far

Now... i'm hoping in the future they come up with different extra reward missions. Like, kill with different esper, kill with different skill or unit. You know, to spice it up every now and then

Ferax likes this.
  4. Lótus Haddock

Lótus Haddock "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Zeno
    Yeah, people doing the challenge, even the ELT, without Esther at all are worthy of great respect. I used a 6* SS Charlotte with 250% Earth Resist (with active buff) and a 7* Beryl evade provoke(+breaker on turn 2) and a Zeno with 2650 Atk and a lightning weapon to chain with a friend Esther so I always changed two units every try. In general my strategy was got the boss above and near 81% (before the first mitigation skill is used) and in turn 3 use Esther LB and chaining with Kaleido Slash from Zeno to KO the boss. Sometimes with friend Esther friends with low Atk I used Beryl LB on turn 3 to have a better def break and Ko him.

Sometimes the boss got down to 23% HP but not triggered his mitigation skill... Maybe I crossed two threesholds and one of them is negated?

5. Wdiggums

Wdiggums VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    depends on event and on request baybe
    He’s actually referencing legend not elite

6. Zzaaiidd

Zzaaiidd Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    bahamut esther
    this trial was really easy , i kept only ester = MVP and changed the rest every roude
    hope they dont make trials with only one unit( or DPS) in mind , it destroys the purpose of these 25 unit trials .

7. Bardiel

Bardiel Ascended Member

Global ID:
    What...you put on her alone 100% dodge and 150% and more of earth resistence at the same time? Otherwhise I dunno how using only herfor the trial...also it would take like...20 and more turns ::thonk::

8. Ferax

Ferax Be excellent to each other & party on dudes! Arena Runner Up S3 VIP Supporter

Cool man! Congrats! I haven’t had a chance to run more than 2 teams through, but I’m hoping I have time to finish it up tonight. For all those who want to save some rounds of switching unit by unit, @Sinzar has a video where he really breaks down the roles to help you finish the 25 units mission in as few goes as possible. I felt kind of silly after watching this video with all my max stats 7 star units with sick gear getting smacked around when I decided not to dispel it’s buff. It just comes down to getting close to 300% earth Resist on a magic tank, 100% Evasion on a Provoke tank, solid ATK/MAG breaks, any ability based healer and dispelling his buffs AND rebreaking him after the 60% threshold. Once you cover these specifics, it’s a walk in the park. Esther for DPS sure does speed things up too. Good luck to everyone still chasing the 25 units clear on LGD and big thanks to @Sinzar for always making things look so easy.

Sinzar likes this.
  9. Somno

Somno Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Esther
    Yup done too: Folka, Esther, SS Charlotte and others :)

With SS Charlotte covering team, i don't think earth resist on others is that important....SPR is more impt imo

Be sure to dispel at thresholds too

10. Zzaaiidd

Zzaaiidd Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    bahamut esther
    i used esther( only 100% res) + friend esther as DPS
    for the rest 24 units i used : tanks : chow / sieg / Mranza /gladio /wilhelm / basch
    breakers : lid / beryl / loren / 2b / roy(+basch) /elephim
    healers : fina / folka / myra / eiko /ayaka /rem
    buffers/ earth resistance ( calamity border) : sylvie / nichol / marie /zarg /jiraya /yuraisha ( you can use any unit here )
    all you need is proper gear .

11. BigNBald5

BigNBald5 Layeth the bald headed smackdowneth VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    open
    im using esther, friend esther, beryl, sylvie. I swap out my provoke evade tank, and my healer. so far I have 11 units done. will switch beryl for Basch on one run, but I dont mind doing the slow grind to the 25 units. Its not like there is much else to do anyways, smh

12. b3l14l

b3l14l "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Congtas! ::up::

I got it about an hour ago, casually grinding the ultra-safe way and swapping 1 unit at a time. Used Esther, friend Esther, Folka, SSC, Sieggy and any random unit.

So with this being the Armeggeddon - Silver, makes me wonder what will give up the Gold. Wouldn't make sense for it to be Hasiko, who I saw someone say will be next month, to be in the ArmEGGeddon. Will there be a "use 50 unique units" Humpty soon? ::sick::

13. Scheich

Scheich "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Leads:
    Event / Trial Units
    As it took so long to change gear every time I swapped 2 units every time on lgd. Was kinda safe, when u cover the basics of this trial.

14. Arkadi

Arkadi Ludicrous Speed! VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Something relevant for current events
    I didn't bother with a magic tank. I just brought a physical cover tank with 100% evasion and 95+% Earth Resist along with all other units having 100+% Earth Resist. Used Esther and Sylvie on every run and alternated my Tank, Healer, and Breaker every run. Tried Summer Folka & Citra on my last run but went brain dead after the 15 or so rounds it took to get to the first threshold and forgot to dispel. Decided to not bother and finished with Esther all the way...

Worth noting, the boss has 5000 SPR and 2000 DEF, so it's decidedly easier to bring physical DPS units, especially because after 50% he self breaks his DEF by 90% if hit by lightning... Also worth noting, it has 100% resist all except lightning which is 50% resist.

Tank: *
    Healer: *
    Breaker: *
    Support: Sylvie
    DPS x2: Esther x2

*= (Assume max * unless stated otherwise)
    (Run 1) Units: 1-5
    Tank: Sieghard
    Healer: Folka
    Breaker: Loren
    Support: Sylvie
    DPS x2: Esther x2

(Run 2) Units: 6-8
    Tank: Wilhelm
    Healer: Lotus Mage Fina
    Breaker: Heavenly Technician Lid

(Run 3) Units: 9-11
    Tank: Demon Rain
    Healer: Eiko
    Breaker: Kryla

(Run 4) Units: 12-14
    Tank: Lilith
    Healer: Rem
    Breaker: Beatrix

(Run 5) Units: 15-17
    Tank: Veritas of the Earth
    Healer: Tilith
    Breaker: Beryl 6*

(Run 6) Units: 18-20
    Tank: Warrior of Light
    Healer: Aerith 6*
    Breaker: Auron 6*

(Run 7) Units: 21-23
    Tank: Charlotte (3* base version, at 6*)
    Healer: Ayaka 6*
    Breaker: Prompto 6*

(Run 8) Units: 24-25
    Tank: Gladiolus
    Healer: Summer Fina & Lid 6*
    Breaker: Loren

Overall, not that bad a fight. Just some gimmicks to pay attention for and Esther and Sylvie are waaay overpowered for this battle.

Ended up leveling up quite a few units and enhancing a few too. Good way to use some Gil that I was way too high on and it's still story time for SS Charlotte so easy to replenish enhancement materials.

Scheich and UnAbleToChain like this.
  15. Ferax

Ferax Be excellent to each other & party on dudes! Arena Runner Up S3 VIP Supporter

I’m still just a few units short and it’s looking like I’m running out of breakers, magic tanks and Provoke tanks, so I’ll probably run two more runs with 2 new units each.

Here’s my first run with the A team: Double Esther, Sylvie, Charlotte, Sieg and Folka
    14C8488E-2F3C-45C3-BD36-6AED796A11BA.jpeg
    I swapped out everyone but Esther for some fun and brought the B team: Double Esther, Gladiolus, A. Rain, Eiko and Kryla
    CDBBC7B6-9ABC-4451-8EAB-C57664E3B28B.jpeg
    After that, I got weird with it and brought back some classics who’ve been benched for a long while: Noctis on Provoke, Lid, Basch and my girl Tilith back in the mix! I also tested out bringing my own 6th unit and chained my Kunshira with my Esther’s LB for the first time.
    505883A5-EE09-4BBC-9D1C-D6195F1C8BED.jpeg
    Then I went to the wayback tanks with a team of Double Esther, WOL, Mistair, Auron and Ayaka:
    FBE5F295-4C3B-46F8-B215-D26615B80138.jpeg
    Finally, I was starting to scrape the bottom of the barrel so Charlotte got jumped back in along with double Esther, Xon, Machina and Rem:
    9A4005FA-1F7A-4652-A3F4-F7437CDC2F64.jpeg

aa25 and leytachi like this.
  16. Arkadi

Arkadi Ludicrous Speed! VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Something relevant for current events
    I've found anything with 60% breaks or better worked fine. As for the tank, if everyone on your party has 100% earth resist + Sylvie's 100% earth resist buff, you don't even need a magic cover tank. I mean heck, I used 3* base Charlotte to tank for one of my runs and she did it like a champ!

Wdiggums and Ferax like this.
  17. Ferax

That’s fair, but I don’t feel like gearing the entire team for 100% Earth Resist. I’m thinking I’ll keep Double Esther and Charlotte and I can still use Lightening for Provoke, VOE for Provoke/100% Earth Resist buff and I’ll just need to scrounge up two 60% breakers. That should get me there. Just 4 unique units to go.

18. spada

spada All hail the baconl0rd! VIP Supporter Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Currently Esther
    Yeah, i noticed. I'm referenfing lgd too

Wdiggums likes this.
  19. victor975

victor975 Member

Global ID:
    Mine was a bit different, 1 regina, 1 sylvie, 1 strong breaker, 1 friend esther and 2 random characters
    first turn use sylvie's earth resistance buff, guard with regina, break eggs atk and mag, use esther's cd ability and guard with the rest.
    second turn imbue regina with lighting and give random character BS chaining, break eggs DEF, chain with esther and finish with regina, this way you can use 2 new characters per run

20. Ferax

I decided to give it a shot with 5 star max breaker Timmy and things got a little iffy, but ended well. Timmy was getting dropped and I didn’t manage to get his LB off the second time on turn 4, so I had to have him use his DEF break skill and Charlotte use her MAG break and then Zarg had to dispel and throw some re-raise on Timmy and didn’t get to Provoke. Luckily Esther dodged the fixed damage with her innate Evasion. That’s three new units (Tim, Zarg and Marie), so just one to go.
    05D45832-CA07-43E4-92BC-8F491F65D7C1.jpeg

Arkadi likes this.