1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Armeggedon Help!!!

Discussion in 'Team Help' started by Xacques, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Wdiggums

Wdiggums VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    depends on event and on request baybe
    You need the dps to one shot him, breaks-buffs high attack and stone killer. Leave the tanks out of elite. :) ftko ftw!

gatnom likes this.
  2. gatnom

gatnom Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Zeno, Siggi, Auron
    OMG thank you so much. That worked perfectly! Not every time, but like 90%. I can’t believe I tried tanking up when I should have just sniped him away.

Wdiggums likes this.
  3. Wdiggums

Wdiggums VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Now prepare your tanks for legend ;-) magic cover tank ( Charlie if you have her for mitigation and the hero tank 4* base earth veritas whose whole job is provoke and earth resist 100% rnd 1 provoke rnd two earth resist rnd 3 provoke etc etc. he might have a few more things to do skip the earth resist but keep provoke up ) 60% threshold when crossed you must have a unit dispel him ( can be from an esper ) break and heal as needed, quick side note don’t use white magic healing cause egghead will then heal himself ( if you have her fid is a godsend in legend for heals and breaks ) if esther is your dps use her breaks att/mag at first if two esthers including friend have their esther break def/spr. Really good in this spot are esthers because for two rounds at 59% creepy dude is immune to damage. Make sure cover and provoke are up. Down to 4% threshold he can be damaged next round and if he hits your esthers they will most likely counter him to death if not just bolting strike. One final thing esper golem with stone killer on your dps you want your mag cover tank to have 300% earth resist . Lightning weapons if possible just remember though if using esther her cool down imperils lightning and imbues esther with lightning, if not available at time needed esther has a separate move that imbues herself with lightning and then bolting strike.

4. pete146

pete146 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Yeah but just just how much attacking power is needed here? I've tried Elite 6 times using different teams - my most successful is:
    Friend Esther - 2800 attack
    Akstar - 2700 attack
    Sylvie
    Loren
    CG Charlotte

Turn 1
    I broke with Loren
    Gave Akstar Lightning and Bunny hop with Sylvie
    Buffed attack
    double bunny hop and double esther attack
    Did 15 % damage
    Turn 2
    Attacked with Loren's lightning
    Esther LB
    Akstar double bunny hop
    Did 20% damage
    Died!

I can't imagine how much attacking power is needed to one or two shot him?

5. gatnom

gatnom Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Zeno, Siggi, Auron
    At ELT I used the following units:
    Auron (has ~1.800 DMG)
    Zeno (~2.600 DMG)
    Karlette (~1.800 MAG)
    Sylvie
    [random unit, ideally DPS as well]
    Friend Esther with at least 2.200 DMG

Turn 1:
    Auron - Entrust the future
    Zeno - Perfect Void and TMOER
    Sylvie - Imbue Lightning for Auron and Zeno
    Karlette - Spear Style
    Esther - Shock Embrace

Turn 2:
    Sylvie imbue lightning for Karlette and other random DPS
    Auron 2x Hellstorm (to chain with Zeno)
    Zeno 2x TMOER
    Karlette 3x Cosmic Creation (to chain with Zeno)
    Ether 3x Bolting Strike

pete146 likes this.
  6. Masvroh

Masvroh "an elder brother" VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Trance Terra, A2, Hyoh, Lilith
    Hmm... What is your Loren build? Loren + Esther from friends should be enough to do it.
    Though, you need to build Loren as TDH unit instead of DW or else Loren + Esther chains will break. And of course, the correct units to support your damage (buffs, breaks, Imperils, imbue)

Something like this,
    ::rudecat5::

Screenshot_2019-07-22-13-52-55-058_com.miui.videoplayer-680x1209.png Screenshot_2019-07-22-13-54-28-251_com.miui.videoplayer-680x1209.png
    FTK strategy
    Barbie : Imperil lightning (120%)
    Nyx : Sacrifice for LB fill
    Sakura : imbue lightning to Esther
    Myra : breaks DEF (70%) + entrust to Esther
    Loren : Tempest Flash
    Esther : LB

Loren's build
    Screenshot_2019-07-22-13-55-48-468_com.miui.videoplayer-680x1209.png Screenshot_2019-07-22-13-55-59-972_com.miui.videoplayer-680x1209.png

I used @BigNBald5 's Esther. As long as the friend's Esther is strong, it should be fine.

If you don't have 7* Nyx, there's another way. You need to bring one Entruster with auto-LB build with at least 8 LB per turn. Example of fast Entruster, we have Bartz. This will allow you to clear it on turn 2.

Example team,
    A provoker
    A healer
    A magic tank
    Bartz
    Loren
    Esther.

Turn 1
    Provoker, healer, and magic tank do their jobs.
    Bartz uses guard to survive.
    Loren uses her CD to break.
    Esther uses Shock Embrace + Bolting Strike to imbue herself with lightning and Imperil the boss with 100% lightning and buffs herself with 250% ATK.
    Shock Embrace + Bolting Strike fill her LB with 40 LB stones. Still needs 33% to full.

At the end of the turn, Bartz who has 8 auto-LB will have 50% his LB filled.

Turn 2
    Bartz entrusts to Esther. With his 50% LB filled, it should fully fill Esther's LB.
    Loren uses Tempest Flash
    Esther uses LB.

GG

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
    epath and pete146 like this.
  7. pete146

pete146 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    I think I just give up!
    So thank you for the advice. I rebuilt Loren with a TDH build with Ultima weapon - got his attack to 1800. Akstar is at 2800. Friend Esther were all over 2700.

Turn 1
    Loren CD break
    Esther shock embrace, Bolting strike
    Sylvie Bunny kick and lightning element for Akstar
    Akstar 2x bunny kick
    CG Charlotte magic cover

Turn 2
    Loren Tempest flash
    Esther LB
    Akstar 2 x bunny kick
    Sylive stone resist
    Charlotte - dispel

Damage still only down to 68%!!!!!

I then tried dropping Charlotte and adding a 2400 attack Hyoh. Gave him AND Akstar lightning from Sylvie, and chained with Esther - damage down to 65%!

8. Wdiggums

Wdiggums VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    If you’re doing enough damage turn one, turn two he’s immune to phys and mag damage for 2 rounds.

9. Wdiggums

Wdiggums VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Ask for Regina friends with stone killer, if you’re doing elite you don’t need any tanks and that can be the slot you swap out for new units to get all the prizes. The strat would be take your time and only goto eggheads trial when a friends Regina shows up. The strat would be everything you’re doing now except setting up reginas pentacast. ( pentacast-2 cooldowns-offense-speed-regina cannon ) touch Regina and wait till she flashes three times then slam your chainers asap. The real damage coming from Regina chain cap.

epath likes this.
  10. Masvroh

Global ID:
    Leads:
    ::thonk::
    How did it fail while your Loren is stronger than mine?
    Some questions...
    Did the chain break when Akstar attacked while both Esther and Loren chaining their AR frame?

How much damage you dealt during turn 1?

And why Charlotte used dispel?

11. Arkadi

Arkadi Ludicrous Speed! VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Something relevant for current events
    This turn 1 and 2 and gearing all makes no sense.

Loren is a dual wield unit. She does by far the best dual wielding as it's natural in her kit and boosted by her passives. Akstar is a TDH unit, give him that gear instead. Akstar also has an Aureole Ray damage skill (Thirty Slash Combo) that can chain with Loren's Tempest Flash and Esther's LB. Try this instead.

Turn 1:
    Loren: CD break
    Sylvie: 170% buffs, 74% DEF/SPR break + 200% ST buff ATK/MAG on the stronger Esther
    SS Charlotte: Magic Cover
    Akstar: Perfect Void + Mirror of Equity Supremacy
    Esther: Shock Embrace + Bolting Strike
    Friend Esther: Shock Embrace + Bolting Strike

Turn 2:
    Sylvie: Lightning imbue Akstar and SS Charlotte, buff earth resist
    SS Charlotte: Knight's Luminous or Glacial Blade
    Loren: Tempest Flash
    Akstar: Thirty Slash Combo x3
    Esther: LB
    Friend Esther: LB

If that turn 1 hits a threshold making you need to dispel then don't chain the units fully, just enough to fill LB gauges for Esther's, changing Akstar's single attack to Thirty Slash Combo to generate more LB crystals instead (and do less damage).

epath likes this.
  12. epath

epath Active Member Supporter

Global ID:
    561 054 393
    Leads:
    Zeno, zarg, barret, lm fina, ms nichol
    yes. it totally works. i use tornado or water splash chaining for regina. it is much faster this way. ::up::

wtf.png
    and this happens ::joy::

Wdiggums and Masvroh like this.
  13. Masvroh

Global ID:
    Leads:
    It does make sense to build Loren as TDH unit in this case precisely to chain with Esther. Esther's LB is single-cast AR but DW Loren's Tempest Flash is dual-cast AR. Chaining single-cast AR with dual-cast one will result in chain breaking. Significantly reducing their damage potential.

Screenshot_2019-07-23-10-53-47-556_com.android.chrome.png

Even with Akstar's Thirty Slash Combo, he needs to single-cast it.
    Problem is... He only mentioned friend Esther so we don't know if he has an Esther of his own.

14. Wdiggums

Wdiggums VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    A bit more dps instead of taking Jake along in that spot would probably knock out that last 1% ( dkc if enhanced or cloud finisher type one shot boooooom! )

epath likes this.
  15. Masvroh

Global ID:
    Leads:
    I can only think 2 reason why it fails.

1. Unnecessary attacks.

To be honest, adding Akstar and Hyoh is unnecessary while Loren + Esther alone is enough. You probably initiate Akstar and Hyoh attack while at the same time both Loren and Esther chaining their attacks. Combining two attack with different frame will result in chain breaking, reducing your damage. Esther's LB + TDH Loren's Tempest Flash should be perfect chain but adding Bunny Hop would tear it apart. Perfect chain matters.

2. Chosing the wrong Esther.

You probably chose wrong build Esther for the Egghead. Pay attention to her build.
    The correct one is two-handed non-elemental/lightning great sword. Choosing Esther with one-handed GS or two-handed GS with light element will significantly reduce her damage. Even 2.4K ATK Esther with correct build is stronger than 2.8K ATK Esther with those example of wrong build for this trial.

Another proof. 2TKO

What I did there is basically what I have mentioned before.

Loren only has 1.4K ATK.
    Friend Esther has 2.4K ATK and no additional stone killer.

My point is... Anyone who has Loren should be able to one-shot it as long as they pair her with Esther.

16. pete146

pete146 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Done it!

Thanks guys for all the help. I was picking the wrong Esther friends. As soon as I switched to non-elemental it became easy! I had assumed that giving Esther Lightning from Sylvie would fix this, but apparently not.

Anyway - now to try the even harder mission!

17. Arkadi

Arkadi Ludicrous Speed! VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Something relevant for current events
    If you chain 2x Akstar's Thirty Slash Combo with Loren's Tempest Flash while dual wield, it doesn't matter that they cast it 2x since they will chain together for both casts and not break the Esther's chains.

Masvroh likes this.