1. New rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Armor of Oppression guide

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Luffy, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Luffy

Luffy Ascended Member

Global ID:
    This is a very easy one and deserves much lower difficulty than 10.

Here is what you need:
    1. All units must have at least 300 spr and 5000hp after buffs.

2. Tank: provoke and aoe cover preferably 100% evade otherwise highest def*hp.
    I used WoL, but VoE works better due to counter helps with orbs and lb.

3. Breaker: 50 or higher recommended. If you have evade tank then only mag break is needed.
    Used CG Lid, but many others will do like ramza, 9s and tomoothy.

4.Buffer: ramza or soliel will work.
    Used CG Nichole, but any 100% buff will work. Most important thing is to get everyone's spr higher than 300.

5. Healer: any will work.
    Used CG Fina, but didn't need her really. If you have Ramza then the regen will be enough to heal your team.

6. 2 chainers: better to use magic chainers to exploit the boss low spr and because they are easier to gear for spr.
    Used Fry, but any will really work as long as you give them 300+ spr.

If you have the right units the battle will last till you fill your esper bar. Yes it is that easy!
    Start with aoe cover on your tank and rotate it with provoke. If you have free turn then auto attack for lb and orbs.
    Your breaker should be breaking mag all the time unless you don't have evade tank then breaking its atk is more important. Your healer will be healing and dispelling the buffs from the boss and your buffer will be buffing all the time.

Keep chaining till you fill your esper bar. When it is full just summon an esper and finish it off with your chainners! Job done!

Here is the team I used, but it's overkill. The metor just did a max of 500 dmg after applying lid break and nichole buff/mitigation:
    http://ffbeEquip.com/builder.html?server=GL#dc03bff0-7673-11e8-80c1-5d6cf78cf6c1

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
    Rynal, Tamamo05, Goddess Nyx and 2 others like this.
  2. ishmagah

ishmagah Ascended Member

Would eDelita's enhanced meditate be enough spriti buff or am I stuck fitting cradle of horns in my rotation?

3. Luffy

Luffy Ascended Member

Global ID:
    I think it will be enough. If you start with 300 spr for all units, then any buff will do and E.Delita has 65% buff which is great. He will also be able to break def or spr for the finishing blow.

ishmagah likes this.
  4. Tamamo05

Tamamo05 Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    E.Tidus, 2B, CG Sakura, Barb
    Tamamo came back covered with meteor debris...
    *Cough* not as easy as it sounds...
    I'll try again once my CG Lid and CG nichol ready.
    CG sakura is not enough apparently...

5. Luffy

Luffy Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Did you use CG Sakura as solo dps? What others did you use? Did you have full evade tank?
    With full evade tank it felt so easy and straight forward. Just give everyone else max spr to survive the meteor. Also, I'd prefer chainers over one dps since you will end the fight quickly and avoid nrg screwing your fight.
    There is another thing I forgot. Everyone needs paralysis resistance.

6. Galuf the Dwarf

Galuf the Dwarf "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Leads:
    Veritas of the Dark
    1/2
    Apparently Zyrus' Blood Curse does 50% MAG debuff, so you can probably use two of him, one to debuff MAG and both to chain spells, if need be. Between that and 300+SPR, Meteor apparently won't do squat. Combine that with a 100% physical evade tank, and Iron Giant should prove to be too rusty. ::haha::

Seven and Luffy like this.
  7. ishmagah

ishmagah Ascended Member

TRied again with two barbies, SBB with a built up thunder, and Garnetmut and still can't beat it. I get closer and closer each time tho.

Luffy likes this.
  8. Tamamo05

Global ID:
    Leads:
    I got wiped at 40% I guess.
    Used noctis as evade tank, brought i.nichol for covering and dc cura, 9S for debuff, roy as bard and one cg sakura + friend cg sakura.

Everyone's spr was 300+ and geared against paralysis. My roy healing is not enough, so i.nichol cover it.

It is as straightforward as you say, but that 50% below wiped though.

Beside CG Lid and nichol who still benched since their LB is yet maxed, I have k.delita with fully leveled LB though. In a pinch maybe ramza can be enhanced. I also have fully enhance m.ramza

Yet to try barb + lexa

Luffy likes this.
  9. Luffy

Luffy Ascended Member

Global ID:
    If you couldn't survive below 50% with 50% mag break, 30%mag mitigation and 100% spr buff then it's better to use barbe+leca to take it down with one hit from 50%. You can also build 9s for full evade and replace noctis with CG sakura to finish along with barbe and lexa. K.Delita is great alternative, but if u can't get his lb when needed then that would be a problem.

10. Luffy

Luffy Ascended Member

Global ID:
    This is great idea. Zyrus can double up as breaker and finisher, so u can bring 2 chainers. I should've leveled up this fella long back ago::up::

11. Mokujin22

Mokujin22 Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    BS Sak, DV, eTT, exAil, eFry
    Thanks for posting this up. Really tempted to try this. I can just barely get my WoL to 100% evasion without any ROtLs (evade in every slot except for the Hairpin of Purity hat).

Just realized though he should probably be enhanced in order to pull this off. Is he unique in that he's the only tank that can provoke and cover?

While I've got the stupid questions going, I know you can only cover one type of damage at a time (magic or physical for Basch). Can you provoke and cover at the same time (in the same turn)?

Don't mind dropping some crystals into him if need be, but I have most of the other tanks out there (Mustache, Basch, Mystea, Chow, mRamza, Glad) and don't want to waste them on a unit I'll never use again.

Thanks in advance. :)

Luffy likes this.
  12. Luffy

Luffy Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Keep it buddy::up:: you will beat it eventually. Try to nuke it at 50% because after that it can use meteor twice per turn and after 3 turns it buffs itself by a whopping 100% and have a chance to cast meteor after buffing itself. That's bad news and u need to take it down before this happen. BTW man eater+ on your finisher will help a lot.

13. Luffy

Luffy Ascended Member

Global ID:
    I think that we have so far WoL, VotE and Barusa. Both Wol and Barusa can provoke for 3 turns when enhanced while VotE can only provoke for 2 turns. This gives WoL and Barusa 3 turns rotation between cover/provoke/free turn, while VotE is loked in 2 turns rotation. Personally I prefel VotE because of his counters that gives lots of lb and summon orbs. Barusa is better because of the mitigation with his provoke.

The moustace and E.M.ramza are the best provokers as they have 40% mitigation on their provokes, but for this fight you need aoe cover sometimes. You can use illusionist nichol for cover, but that takes another spot on your team unless you double him as breaker.
    Indeed you can, but u need 2 turns to apply them both and then keep up the rotation.
    Congrats! I wanted the mustache so badly for the pull trial, but got it done with WoL. You should max Basch spr, def and hp since he is the best physical aoe cover (not sure about aoe mag cover) and Whilhem's def/hp since he is the best provoke tank. Chow is also superb and can double as healer. I wouldn't care about the others if I have these units. WoL and VotE have niche uses to double as provoke and coe cover, but you don't need them that much.

Mokujin22 likes this.
  14. Mokujin22

Mokujin22 Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    BS Sak, DV, eTT, exAil, eFry
    Thanks so much for the tips! Gonna go give it a shot tonight!

Cheers. :)

Tamamo05 and Luffy like this.
  15. Luffy

Luffy Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Good luck::up::

Tamamo05 likes this.
  16. ishmagah

ishmagah Ascended Member

Yea never got around to do the 10 man battles. FIrst tried Shertan when it first came out, but should really try it since power creep is real. I'm just too lazy to get everyone outfitted.

To the Iron Giant, I tried Basche, CG Nichole, Garnet, BSS, and Two TT recently. I didn't take a breaker this time, because I thought I would survive with CGN's huge spirit boost and sheild but sadly meteor still wiped me. So now I need to either take BSS out for 9s or think of something else. Or I might just do the 10 man battles at this pointl

Luffy likes this.
  17. Tamamo05

Global ID:
    Leads:
    This. I just try tegmine easy and it's a hassle to outfit all of my unit

18. Tamamo05

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Btw done! @Luffy
    Was trying without i.nichol and have trouble keeping the team alive coz 9S using provoke was not enough. But then I realize I can survive a turn or two below the 50% HP threshold.
    Was thinking to use CG sakura but there are no friend using her, so I thought to try with fryevia. Wew.
    Kissed my phone twice for the sweet victory.::rudecat1::
    Screenshot_2018-06-27-05-08-42-984_com.square_enix.android_googleplay.FFBEWW~01.png

19. Luffy

Luffy Ascended Member

Global ID:
    WoW congratulations::up::
    I also did it with Fry. She is a real monster!

Tamamo05 likes this.
  20. Luffy

Luffy Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Using a breaker is more important than buffer. If you can survive first turn without a breaker then you could use basch to break mag. He has 50% mag break. That would be enough I guess if u have CG Nichol. You could also replace BSS with Zyrus since he has 50% mag break. He can double up as breaker and finisher.

Tamamo05 likes this.