1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Asura 2*

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Xshock, Jul 31, 2020 at 4:48 PM.

1. Xshock

Xshock Fryevia Big Fan ! VIP

I'm pretty sure that almost veterans already beat her. I just try to beat her yesterday then still don't understand the mechanic, her preem 4 turn 95% mitigation is really annoyed, i'm prepare to burst her on turn 5 then this 95% mitigation still apply every turn. Is there anykey for this ? Sealed or something could remove the mitigation? Thank in advance.

2. Unpossible_1

Unpossible_1 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Zenaida, WC Ace, Vaan, WH Raegan, Noel
    I just cheated and used Zenaida against her about 15 minutes ago for the same reason lol

3. Jatabo

Jatabo Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Karten, A. Fryevia, Zargabaath
    As you´ve mentioned, even her 2* form has been heavily powercrept, so most recent DPS should take care of her quickly. Her 95% does go away on turn 5, so if you´re dealing low damage, it´s possible the first stance she adopted right away was the one that grants her a 40% DEF/SPR boost.

For more information, you can always read her trial´s entry in the wiki. It´s quite the reading, though: https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Asura's_Palace/Trial_of_Asura

4. Xshock

The problem is her mitigation still keeping up after turn 4 , and it keep every turn , i don't understand it. I wait 4 turn and intend to burst damage and i checked again , the mitigation still there.

5. Jatabo

Jatabo Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    The mitigation can´t go on forever, that´s impossible. Unless one the last updates has somehow messed with the AI script of Asura, which I doubt since they had no reason to tinker with it.

Don´t just wait until turn 5, then. Try drawing out the fight a couple more turns and then go for the kill.

6. Xshock

Yesterday she keep it up at least 10 turn for me , i'm too tired and abandoned.

7. Jatabo

Jatabo Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Hm... Tell you what, gonna go and fight her again. If I find the same issue as you, I´ll let you know.

8. Xshock

Ok thank.

9. Unpossible_1

Unpossible_1 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Zenaida, WC Ace, Vaan, WH Raegan, Noel
    She definitely didn't follow her typical rotation for me either. I took a real nasty turn when I missed her being in Retaliation Stance on like Turn 4.

10. Jatabo

Jatabo Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Just finished dealing with her. Her buff effectively goes away at the beginning of the 5th turn. At that point, I was able to damage her normally and continue the fight. The AI script works as intended.

Xshock and Unpossible_1 like this.
  11. Xshock

Just deal with her again and it's really easier than the first one. Wh raegen x2 , zenaida and an aoe rerise >>> 2TKO. Thank you all for your advice. I still don't understand the first time , 10 turn and my team could take only 1% hp of asura dual to her mitigation.

12. Jatabo

Jatabo Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Oh, well. What matters is you finally took her down and got that sweet damage + LB bonus materia. Congrats!

Unpossible_1 and Xshock like this.
  13. bwnyc

bwnyc "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    WH Raegen, WC Ace, Elena, Kryla, Event
    I had the same problem with that stupid mitigation re-applying...couldn't figure out why...so I gave up that fight. I guess I should go back and do it and see if it was just bad RNG...and now that I have Zenaida, WC Ace, BB Rem on my roster, I'm guessing it should be easier.