1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

AT Frames are even better than I thought they would be

Discussion in 'Equipment & Abilities' started by Isaac, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Isaac

Isaac Ascended Member

Global ID:
    702 220 272
    Leads:
    7 kurasame, Hyou, Dragon Lrd, Barbi
    160s
    Hope everyone is well. Like pretty much everyone on this board, I have been posting way less because the game has been underwhelming, and even more importantly, real life has had a lot going on.

In any event, I have been rocking kurasame as my main and hyoh before that (and still rock him sometimes for LB stuff), and really had no AT frame experiences until this week. DR frames I could get to chain uninterrupted once in a while by hand, but not that much. It often broke in the middle. For Quick hit Kurasame frames, Nox is a must to perfect chain. It is a disaster by hand. So I use Nox for hard stuff often.

For the recent witch trial, she was weak to light (I know technically she resisted all elements but light; shut up, dork!), so I figured it would be time to gear my 7 Fayt I lucked into and chain him with my Firestarter (RIP) Lasswell. I got perfect chains everytime! It felt so good to do hard trials on the phone again. Anyway, I think I am now resolved to spend my "horde" (well, about 30K lapis, and growing) on an Akstar.

TL;DR: AT frames are awesome.

2. Manveru

Manveru "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    ATATATATATATATATATATATA!

3. Frosty Toast

Frosty Toast Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    511 684 224
    Leads:
    Event, Rem, 2B, Raegen, M. Ramza
    YES THEY ARE! :)
    Do you want to be friends @Isaac I have 7* Rem up right now but I use Daddy Raegen a lot!

Isaac likes this.
  4. Isaac

Isaac Ascended Member

Global ID:
    702 220 272
    Leads:
    160s
    Sure. My # is in my posts I think.

Frosty Toast likes this.
  5. LawsOfWoo

LawsOfWoo Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Fryevia/Reberta/Ace
    I just recently ventured into the AT Frames territory myself. I've had Sephiroth leveled and geared, but never used him for AT frames. He was my Octoslash partner for Reberta for 10 man trials only.
    Along came the most recent Hasiko trial, decided to give Sephiroth a go, paired with CG Lasswell. He did fairly well. Chains weren't to difficult to chain, I still prefer Octoslash, but its nice.

Now, Beatrix gets enhanced. Loving the fact she gets a strong chaining family now. She'll be my lead for a while, I'm sure!

Isaac likes this.
  6. Kaladin

Kaladin Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    TT or event
    I bought the A2 prism this morning so she can AT chain with Sephiroth. I know Akstar is coming but A2 is just so cool.

Isaac likes this.
  7. Toonces

Toonces Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Hyoh, Beatrix, BS Sakura, KM event
    I’ve been using AT frames for a few months now. Sora, PG Lasswell, A2, A. Fryevia, and now Beatrix. Works like a charm and the modifiers are pretty good!

Isaac likes this.
  8. Ferax

Ferax Be excellent to each other & party on dudes! Arena Runner Up S3 VIP Supporter

Yeah man, I found that out when I pulled Auron. AT frames are super easy. I’ve got 50K+ saved for Akstar and should finally have another UOC by then. I’ll all in! We’ll go from Kurasame chaining buddies to Akstar chaining buddies (hopefully).

Isaac likes this.
  9. Dajabec

Dajabec Ascended Member

[​IMG]

Tamamo05, Ferax, Poached and 2 others like this.
  10. Isaac

Isaac Ascended Member

Global ID:
    702 220 272
    Leads:
    160s
    Can't wait! Although wondering if Kurasame will still have his uses because he has that insane first turn burst, and Akstar takes a turn to build up.

Ferax likes this.
  11. Dajabec

Dajabec Ascended Member

Poor Kurasame. He never even got to shine in a trial.

Tamamo05 and Isaac like this.
  12. Isaac

Isaac Ascended Member

Global ID:
    702 220 272
    Leads:
    160s
    He helped me clear some hard trials. I use nox for the trials when I use kurasame, and his triple shot of twilight rain spark chained kills the crap out of anything.

Ferax likes this.
  13. Dajabec

Dajabec Ascended Member

Yeah, it's just too bad there have been no new trials released since he arrived.

Isaac and Ferax like this.
  14. Ferax

Ferax Be excellent to each other & party on dudes! Arena Runner Up S3 VIP Supporter

True he didn’t get to take on a true trial, but I did go back and spank Malboro 2.0 and Doll Trial handily once I got him and he FTKO’d pretty much everything else they have released since then.

15. Ferax

Good point, that FTKO Burst is mighty powerful!

Isaac likes this.
  16. Arkadi

Arkadi Ludicrous Speed! VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Something relevant for current events
    I've used Kurasame in just about everything that's come out since he did (bonus stages, 10 man content, bomb trial, calcabrina, etc.) He's even my King Mog carry right now. So there's no way I'd say he didn't get use since he came out. If there's any content that shifts from magic immune to physical immune and/or vice versa, I imagine he'll be quite useful then as well as hybrid damage works regardless. That's probably his niche going forward as Akstar will be purely physical.

nox, Isaac and Ferax like this.
  17. Isaac

Isaac Ascended Member

Global ID:
    702 220 272
    Leads:
    160s
    Kurasame has been able to kill every Mog bad guy and RAID monster without any help from anyone - even a debuff. Definitely makes that stuff so much less a pain in the @$$. Gotta love the K-man

Ferax likes this.
  18. happysavage

happysavage Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Kurasame, Trance Terra, Nyx
    Looks like all of my Kurasame friends are switching to Akstar! Oh well, I was probably going to pull for him anyway, guess I’d better now or I’ll have no one to chain with! He’ll definitely still have a few uses though, but it’s probably going to be hard to find a chain partner once Akstar comes out. Hopefully we get that 5 friend unit patch fairly soon. Anyone know when that came in JP?

Ferax likes this.
  19. Ferax

I’ll def put Kurasame up whenever there’s a trial or mini-boss where he shines better than Akstar, but I’m thinking I’ll mostly have Akstar up if I even manage to pull him. Please no second banner rainbow, Gumi!!!!

20. happysavage

happysavage Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Kurasame, Trance Terra, Nyx
    Yeah, hopefully he comes on a single banner, but I’m prepared to burn UoCs if I need to, so I’ll have him for sure. I’ve been saving all of my UoCs so far, but that’s just because the only role I don’t have at least one meta character in is buffer, and I can get by with that because every unit I have that does damage has their own buff and I usually use WKN to tank. Here’s hoping they single rainbow and we all get him though!