1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Bampotmoth and accuracy shenanigans

Discussion in 'Rants, Raves and Accomplishments' started by TheKillingJoke, Jan 13, 2021.

1. TheKillingJoke

TheKillingJoke Doomicorn VIP

Global ID:
    833 586 843
    Leads:
    Total Chads
    Aaaaaaand another powercrept trial beaten into Oblivion.

Team:
    Faisy - Tank, healer, MP Refill, Magic Cover
    Onion Knight - Chains, breaks, accuracy debuff, MP Refill
    Madam Edel - Chains
    Loren - Chains, backup breaks

Thought behind this team:
    - Avoid Behemoths elemental retaliations to not need any elemental resist equipment
    - Avoid the need to dispel Behmoth
    - Low evade equipment requirements, just 50% for eveybody
    - Not many units on the battlefield, to reduce the Death Threshholds and required Raise casts
    - Using Onion Knights triple cast breaks and his accuracy debuff instead of 50% more evade equipment
    - Play the trial as simple as possible, because my math skills are on Baldricks level:

Link to the boss wiki:
    https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Behemoth_K,_the_Maddened_Sage

Link to the team setup in the builder:
    https://ffbeEquip.com/builder.html?server=GL#2295b480-55da-11eb-87f8-c955d1aba12b

King Behemoth deals one heavy magic attack per turn, retaliates every cast from an enemy units with a strong uncoverable physical strike and deals AoE poison physical attacks and uncoverable AoE physical attacks. Under 50% he adds another AoE magic attack and under 30% he deals 3 strong magic attacks. Additionally he casts resistable but uncoverable Death attacks on the unit slots in subsequential manner. First spot 1, then 2 and so on. If a spot is empty the threshhold Death cast is skipped. His elementless AoE physical attack can not be covered by a tank. If you attack him with elemental damage he will buff himself with a resistance for that element and imperils your team by 120% for that element.

So to counter and minimize Behemoths Attacks and effectiveness i just didn't deal any elemental damage. To avoid his physical damage it is suggested to equip the whole team with 100% Evade, which is possible but you would have to be able to do so and it decreases the unit damage. The solution to that was NV Onion Knights Shift LB, which decreases the enemy Accuracy by 50%. That means the units just need 50% Evade, which is a lot easier to achieve. Onion Knight just had to cast his Shift LB regularly every 5 turns above 50% and every second turn below 50%.
    Not a problem with an LB stone fill build and two additional chainers. Technically Faisy could have chained with the other units but if she wasn't casting and buffing herself she provided much needed MP refill and Raise to the team.
    Another problem was, that Behmoth has a 30% resistance to breaks, that was solved by Onion Knight too, because he has a triple castable SR frame chain with 80% allstat breaks. So if his LB breaks got resisted, there where three other chances to break his MAG stat, which is the critical one. His accuracy debuff is not affected by Behemoths break resistance.

I put the 3 chainers on the first three slots, so the first three death Threashholds would be out of the way in the later fight, which allowed Onion Knight to cast his LB without fearing he would be incapacitated by Death. Faisy can cast Raise on one unit per turn, which is all that is needed. the important thing was to refresh breaks with Onion Knight and have his accuracy debuff runningas long as he is dead - and have his LB filled to refresh it after his revive if needed.
    Same goes for Edel and Loren. Their CD ATK buffs where up and running when they where needed. Faisy was Death resistant so her placement didn't matter too much.

Originally i tried this with Onion Knight, Firion, Regis and Lilith. It worked good until Behemoth reached his 50% Threshhold and added more magic attacks. Until then She healed back up with her LB, additional regen and was helped out with barriers and mitigations from Regis. But Lilith just doesn't cut it here. Maybe if she would have gotten enhancements. Still cool that such an old tank got so far. It would probably still work if the player nukes Behemoth from 50% to Zero.

So, Onion Knight and Faisy. Good combination in this trial. Theoretically you could beat this trial with Rizers as additional attackers. Took me 15 turns to get him down but the team was never in danger at any point.

Video:

The music in this one is from Andrew Hulshult, who makes nearly every first person shooter soundtrack that is worth to be played, most prominently Doom. His channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7aHrlS_AuO_XfOrelhswXg

Unrelated bonus quiz:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  2. Pristan

Pristan "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Hmmm, the bottom right one is a actually a cannelloni and the rest are either a Lasagna or a Doom level. Am I right?

3. MikePro

MikePro Elly la besto waifu Spooky VIP

Faisy is so op its funny...i remember my lucas having hard times ::rudecat2::

4. TheKillingJoke

Global ID:
    833 586 843
    Leads:
    Total Chads
    Hm... are stacked Canneloni called Cannelasagna? I'd be willing to test that theory.
    Yeas, she is made for another meta than Behemoth. It almost doesn't matter what other units you use for damage. I bet she could even cheese that trial alone, given enough time.

MikePro likes this.
  5. Pristan

Global ID:
    Me too. I think I need to add some stuff to the next grocery list.

More on topic... you said Faisy is death resistant, but I don't see a Safety Bit or Genju Shield or Floating Hearts or what have you in your builder link. What did you use for Death Resist?

TheKillingJoke likes this.
  6. TheKillingJoke

Global ID:
    833 586 843
    Leads:
    Total Chads
    Safety bit. The build in the link is not right. Adding safety bit didn't impact her survivability in the least.
    I'll update the link in a minute.

Edit: Done. Thanks for pointing it out :)

Pristan likes this.
  7. Pristan

Global ID:
    I decided to try out the part where this is powercrept. RNG recently gifted me Sea Dragon, NV Locke, and NV Shadow...

I figured that I had enough native evade to be able to equip four people with 100%.

But I'm slightly confused.
    Tifa, by fourth based on the need to finish the boss with a limit burst, was still taking damage.

With Faisy covering and 100% evasion both per the builder and the in he screen, why was she taking damage? Is there uncoverable STa magic damage I'm not seeing or something fixed or unevadeable?

8. TheKillingJoke

Global ID:
    833 586 843
    Leads:
    Total Chads
    The only thing that can damage a 100% Evade Tifa when Faisy covers is

Heave ST
    [​IMG] Remove all buffs and debuffs from one enemy
    [​IMG][​IMG] Instant KO (100%) to one enemy

It's unprovokable and used on threshholds:
    • 85%: Its sights are set on its target! on Party Slot 1
    • 70%: Its sights are set on its target! on Party Slot 2
    • 55%: Its sights are set on its target! on Party Slot 3
    • 40%: Its sights are set on its target! on Party Slot 4
    • 25%: Its sights are set on its target! on Party Slot 5
    • 10%: Its sights are set on its target! on Party Slot 6
    if she was not hit by Death she probably didn't have 100% Evasion. Did you eqquip both forms with evasion?

9. Pristan

Global ID:
    So I forgot to take a screenshot, and I have since unequipped, but here's the how the builder had her. I swapped "Eva Junction" for "Evade" since I didn't want the provoke, but both provide 10% phys evasion and the ingame screen did have the evade number in blue. Locke -Neo Vision--Assassin Shadow-Shoreline Fina & Daisy-Tifa BS.png

The damage was not usually fatal... which was almost the stranger part. It was towards the end of the boss's rotation. She would take 0 to 2 hits each turn for between 2000 and 5000 damage... enough to hurt but not enough to kill as long as I was healing.
    I do not own The Subservient nor a cursed ring and again, both forms had the in game screen with the evade number in the blue 100%.

Edit: I forgot that she was using Mad Dash instead, because I just got some cactus cards and was able to feed another card to 10th level meaning that I could equip all damage dealers with 100 ATK cards, but since I knew that wouldn't make a difference to setting up the evasion part, I didn't bother fixing it in the builder. Still Mad Dash shouldn't change the Evade as Physalis's card doesn't supply any.

10. TheKillingJoke

Global ID:
    833 586 843
    Leads:
    Total Chads
    According to the wiki Behemoth has no accuracy in any of his attacks. Tifa is also poson immune and behemoth doesn't lower poson resistance. He shouldn't be able to hit her with any physical attack. It can very well be one of these never mentioned minor Gumi bugs that appear and disappear between two maintenances.

Edit: poson is a kind of strong poison. Not a typo. Ahem.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021 at 8:20 AM
    Pristan likes this.