1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Banner Review: Karten & Godrea (Final Fantasy Brave Exvius)

Discussion in 'Unit Reviews' started by Memel0rd, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Memel0rd

Memel0rd Forum-Crash-L0rd Staff Member Administrator Forum Manager VIP Supporter Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    GL: Warrior of Light Bartz
    Hm... how do I break down the unit kits?
    Seriously, they are very complicated.

As I promised, the review schedule has been updated and that's why you're reading the halloween review on a Saturday! Not a Monday or even Tuesday. And it's quite a surprising banner with many ups and downs. Frankly I'm very surprised how both Karten and Godrea turned out.

With Halloween knocking on the door I just wanted to wish you a happy halloween, don't be afraid to take a sip or two from your favourite drink or beverage!

Enjoy!

Banner Review: Karten & Godrea by Memel0rd

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Karten:
    [​IMG]5*
    [​IMG]6*
    [​IMG]7*

TMR: Scarlet Moon (Clothes) - 35 ATK, 30 DEF, 50% ATK with Knuckles

STMR: Wildfang (Knuckles) - 170 ATK, 50% TDW

Overview:
    Remember Elena's kit? Well, hehehe. They got me. Karten has a very very weird kit in a way that I found it hard to fully understand for a while. Thanks Gumi.

Karten only doesn't stand for the german word for Cards but also has huge base ATK with high HP/DEF and decent SPR. With his own TMR Karten ends up with a total of 90% HP, 50% MP, 70% DEF and a very impressive 220% ATK with 150% TDW as well as the 6x chain cap! This makes him easy to gear for almost all players. He perfectly tops off his TDW through 2x Colorful Lei, which even puts him at 50% phys evasion. On top of the double IW enhancements Karten can become one tanky boy for a damage dealer. He even has a 100% guts passive. Additionally, once he drops below 20% HP he gains a temporary 50% physical damage reduction.
    Sadly he has no innate SPR passives and might die to SPR based attacks quickly.
    He's resistant against blind, sleep, confusion, petrification and charm while also having a few elemental resistances. These are great innate resistances and leave almost nothing major with the exception of paralyze out.
    On top of that, he has innate 100% killers against humans, demons and undead monsters, which are awesome ones as those are one of the more common enemy types.

Frankly I'm not sure how to break down a lot of his abilities as he has a ton of them with secondary effects. Even with these secondary effects many abilities STILL are quite bad or very niche, so let's first list the abilities that are not good and don't have a particularly practical niche:
    - Full Moon - Bestial Wrath
    - Full Moon - Bestial Slash
    - Full Moon - Ravenous Appetite
    - Blood Cleanse

Now those with a practical niche and brief explanation:
    - Full Moon - Feign Weakness, for an Evasion Tank Build or emergency provokes
    - Full Moon - Shadow Fire, after Savage Awakening has an AoE 100% Fire / Dark resistance buff, might come in handy
    - Full Moon - Dark Side, if you have no elemental claws the imbue can be useful
    - Full Moon - Frenzy, if you really want to chain Aureole Ray
    - Full Moon - Cursed Blood, ST Dark Imbue to an ally (not as big as you think on a unit like him as you'll see later on)

Now, my apologies for cutting out 10 abilities of his kit but they really do not play a major role in his kit and especially due to a later ability unlocking extra effects on many of these abilities that still don't do much, it'd be a huge wall of text for nothing.

With that being said, Karten can W-/T-Cast all of his Full Moon abilities. This is very important for his rotation as he doesn't use the same ability too often in the same turn. He also starts off with an instant mirage, which is great for enemy ambush as well as T-Cast on Turn 1.

Since Karten's damaging abilities have three different chain families it's recommended to run two of him for the best outcome, though there is a certain situation where you really don't have to use two copies.
    His first ability, Full Moon - Terrifying Howl, which is more utility than anything, has a 600% modifier with a 75% ST 3 turn imperil. After using one of his CD abilities, Savage Awakening, the imperil goes up to 100% and he heals himself for 2000 HP. This is his main source of dark imperils so make sure to use it after the CD ability.

To set up his main chain he has another move called Full Moon - Wild Slash. It's a simple 1000% Bolting Strike chain that increases the modifier of Full Moon - Bestial Barrage by 200% for 3 turns. Simple but very effective as you'll see.

Speaking of his main chain, Bestial Barrage starts off with a 450% modifier with two parts. The early part even has DEF ignore, effectively trippling every mod boost it gains. The second part of the chain stacks up to a 800% modifier and would leave it at a total of 900%.
    Once we use Wild Slash, its modifier already goes up to a total of 1500%.
    If you get lucky, one of his counters is a 400% ST Divine Ruination chain that boosts Bestial Barrage by 100% temporarily.

Bringing us to his CD abilities! All of them are available at Turn 1, but Full Moon - Savage Awakening has a 5 turn cooldown. It's yet another Bolting Strike chain with a 1000% modifier but also a self 51% HP sacrifice passive, which immediately triggers his permanent 100% undead killer buff that he gains once dropping below 50% HP.
    Other than that it grants him a 3 turn 30% mitigation, which by today's standards really isn't special, but its most important component is the 4 turn undispellable modifier boost to Bestial Barrage. Yet again a 200% modifier boost. With Wild Slash and its own effect, Bestial Barrage already goes up to a 2100% modifier.
    After using it you'll have access to T-Cast on the 2 following turns.

His second CD ability is not only meant to boost Bestial Barrage again by 200% for 4 turns, but also has a 2400% modifier with a Bolting Strike chain. This time, Full Moon - Crimson Blitz has a 6 turn cooldown so it might be hard to plan out both CDs efficiently.

Before we get to Karten's main selling point, I want to talk about his Limit Burst, which is purely optional. It's quite weak and doesn't chain but grants himself a 300% ATK buff for the next turn as well as T-Cast. The 300% ATK buff can make his incoming burst even scarier.

But... which burst am I talking about?
    Well.... His last CD ability, Frenzied Rampage, can't be multi-casted and also isn't used twice with Dualwield.
    It has a 9900% modifier with an Aureole Ray frames, a self 1 turn Berserk before the damage and also grants him T-Cast for the following 2 turns and 3 counters on allied team members.
    It has a 11 turn cooldown but can be used on Turn 1.

How does he fare in the meta?
    Karten's
    average damage is mediocre at first compared to our top tier units, however he is capable of really dishing out some serious Turn 1 or Turn 2 damage. However since my rotation tries to push his burst as early as possible and not to optimise his T-Cast output with it, I can only recommend you to take a look at Furcula's damage spreadsheet where he did give him a higher ATK buff, some external imperil love and an optimised rotation! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...b5ayvCMy4A7A19U7Gs6aU4xtQE/edit#gid=401847216

Through these simple means that really aren't too hard to achieve, he can easily rise up in terms of damage and challenge the top dogs, even go beyond many of them.

EDIT: I have updated my average rotation to include the exact same 10 Turn Rotation as Furcula, but additionally kept the Turn 1-2 Burst rotation. However that shows exactly my point that different assumptions can lead to a massive damage difference in these cases even if it's "only a 50% ATK buff" difference and 2 turns of free imperils.

With the right team composition, you can have him deal a Bartz's burst level chain on Turn 1! Give him a high ATK buff, an external 100-120% dark imperil and a chaining partner. Most current bosses will not withstand the monstrous amount of damage coming from it despite only being casted once. A 9900% turn 1 chain with self-beserk and 6x chain cap is nothing to laugh at.

However in my calculations Karten does fall a bit short since I'm only assuming a 100% ATK buff at most. Since Karten has no good ATK buffs himself that last long enough to be maintained, he does lose out on a good chunk of damage.

After his massive burst he does fall off significantly and can't keep up as well. That's where he really loses his appeal. His damage isn't close to any of our Top 10 once the burst came through. Please keep in mind however that his damage can be increased by a good chunk by giving him higher ATK buffs from external sources. Or even permanent dark imperils that he doesn't have to apply.

I have to say it again though, most bosses will not survive the initial burst on a proper team composition, except for those bosses who play around with HP threshholds. The best examples would be Lich and Emperor as of right now. If you burst them down they will not go past a certain HP threshhold (Lich basically has 3 HP bars in this case). In that case Karten is not a great damage dealer unless the HP threshhold is so low that the follow up turn can manage to take out the boss.

With that being said, beside his very weird kit, Karten has a really really good niche in the meta due to his massive burst that is easily accessable to any player. He is very easy to gear and very easy to optimise. All it takes are ATK buffs and an external dark imperil to make him pop off on the enemy Turn 1 or Turn 2.

His TMR is on an STMR level with 35 ATK and 50% ATK with knuckles. For TDW units this has a good chance of changing the BiS builds for many non-STMR builds to knuckle builds. If you have a spare Moogle Container or pulled him, this can be an interesting catch for you.

His STMR as of right now doesn't have a big use and not even his STMR BiS uses it, but for a future chainer that I don't want to spoil rn it is quite huge. If you already plan your pulls then you'll probably know who it is and might have your eyes on the STMR already.
    Other than that it does go well with his own TMR, even on other units.

EDIT: If it comes across that you think I think Karten is mediocre, that's definitely not the case. The Furcula's calcs have different assumption and optimise the T-cast usage whereas mine tries to push the T1 burst without external assumptions ASAP. Why? Because almost no boss will survive it.
    Please keep that in mind!!!

Build + Maths:
    Longinus (FFBE) (190 ATK)
    Claws of Darkness (130 ATK, 30 SPR, Dark)
    Prishe's Hairpin (45 ATK, 10% HP/MP)
    Scarlet Moon (35 ATK, 30 DEF, 50% ATK) + 30% HP/MP, 20% ATK, 50% TDW
    Colorful Lei x2 (90 ATK, 50% TDW, 50% Evasion)
    Chocobo Adventure (20% HP/MP, 30% ATK/DEF/SPR)
    Soaring Heart (60% ATK)
    Long Training Pays Off (60% ATK)
    Adventurer V (40% ATK/DEF/SPR)

Stats with Titan 3*:
    12354 HP
    535 MP
    2948 ATK
    696 DEF
    451 SPR

ATK post 100% buff: 3093 RH
    ATK post Berserk: 3368 RH
    Assuming 100% ATK buff
    Assuming spark chains

Burst Rotation (without external setup):
    Turn 1: 3093^2 x 10 x 4.9675 + 3093^2 x 6 x 6 x 1.5 + 3093^2 x 10 x 6 x 2 = 2139820215
    Turn 2: 3368^2 x 99 x 5.8252 x 2 = 13083387269

Average Damage Rotation:
    Turn 1: Savage Awakening + Terrifying Howl + Wild Slash
    Turn 2: Crimson Blitz + Bestial Barrage x2
    Turn 3: Bestial Barrage x3
    Turn 4: Frenzied Rampage
    Turn 5: Wild Slash + Bestial Barrage x3
    Turn 6: Savage Awakening + Terrifying Howl + Bestial Barrage
    Turn 7: Bestial Barrage x3
    Turn 8: Wild Slash + Crimson Blitz + Bestial Barrage
    Turn 9: Bestial Barrage x2
    Turn 10: Limit Burst

Turn 1: 3093^2 x 10 x 4.9675 + 3093^2 x 6 x 6 x 1.5 + 3093^2 x 10 x 6 x 2 = 2139820215
    Turn 2: [ 3093^2 x 24 x 4.9675 + 3093^2 x 22.5 x 6 + 3093^2 x 24 x 6 ] x 2 = 7619261929
    Turn 3: [ 3093^2 x ( 13 x 4.11 + 12.5 x 6 ) + 3093^2 x 27 x 6 x 2 ] x 2 = 8656478014
    Turn 4: 3368^2 x 99 x 5.8252 x 2 = 13083387269
    Turn 5: 3093^2 x 6 x 4.9675 + 3093^2 x 21 x 6 x 2 = 2695929521
    Turn 6: 3093^2 x 10 x 4.9675 + 3093 x 6 x 6 x 1.5 + 3093^2 x 21 x 6 x 2 = 3402617883
    Turn 7: [ 3093^2 x ( 9 x 4.11 + 12 x 6 ) + 3093^2 x 21 x 6 x 2 ] x 2 = 6906929245
    Turn 8: [ 3093^2 x 10 x 4.9675 + 3093^2 x 24 x 6 + 3093^2 x 27 x 6 ] x 2 = 6805235766
    Turn 9: [ 3093^2 x ( 13 x 4.11 + 14 x 6 ) + 3093^2 x 27 x 6 ] x 2 = 5729083420
    Turn 10: 3093^2 x 22 = 210466278

Average Turn 1-10: 5,204,473,594
    -> 84% of Dark Knight Leon's damage ( 6,181,486,929 )
    -> 80% of Radiant Lightning's damage ( 6,432,619,393 )
    -> 80% of Sephiroth KH's damage ( 6,436,546,382 )
    -> 78% of WoL Bartz's 16 Turns damage ( 6,633,332,882 )
    -> 77% of Riku's damage ( 6,720,634,445 )

Character Design: 7/10
    Sprite: 9/10
    Chainer: 8/10 || 10/10 on Turn 1
    Trust Master Reward: 9.5/10
    STMR: 9/10
    Arena: 8/10 (can be built for Accuracy)
    Limit Burst: 6.5/10
    Future Proof: 8.5/10 due to his Turn 1
    Free 2 Play: 9.5/10
    Pay 2 Play: 7.5/10
    Personal Rating: 8/10
    Optimal Rating: 8.5/10

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Godrea:
    [​IMG]5*
    [​IMG]6*
    [​IMG]7*

TMR: Photon Core (Accessory) - 40 ATK, 50% TDH, 50% Fairy / Undead Killer

STMR: GE-98 Photon Gun (Gun) - 177 ATK, 2-H
    Increase potency of healing items (100%)
    Enable Ability: Energizing Shot, Restorative Shot

Overview:
    Oof, this sprite man. And this kit. Why Gumi? PLEASE, I just finished Karten's section!

My apologies if I sound a bit tired but the kits on this one are something.
    Godrea's base stats are well-rounded with high HP, MP, DEF, SPR and high ATK. No major complains there and neither with the passives! With her own TMR being a Marshal Glove version, she gets a total of 50% HP, 60% MP, 80% DEF/SPR, 150% ATK and 275% TDH. Not sure why they gave her a 75% TDH passive, looks kind of unsatisfying. Like her sprite. Some of the defensive passives are locked to clothes, so if you don't mind losing out on a tiny bit of ATK you can gain 30% HP/DEF/SPR. The best two TMR ATK clothes rn are both limited with Karten and Sephiroth (KH). Additionally, she has a 40% chance to counter any attack with a self 20% HP recover.
    In terms of MP consumption, her MP costs are quite low despite Quad cast. She has an innate 30% MP cost reduction as well as 10% MP refresh.
    Godrea is resistant against blind, sleep, paralyze, confusion and petrification, taking care of all the nasty ailments for you except for stuff like virus, but that isn't the biggest issue.
    She also has some killers with a 100% innate Fairy / Undead killer and casts a self 20% fairy / undead killer each turn on herself.

As always, the list of abilities that won't be used right here for you brought to you by Meme IV:
    - Charge - Photon Laser
    - Activate - H - 66 Radar
    - Radio Hypnosis
    - Activate - Atomic Energy

With a few exceptions, Godrea can W-/T-/Quad-Cast almost all of her abilities and they often are in groups. That's why I'll explain one of the effects and briefly mention the others for the same group of abilities as they are often the same.

Despite that, Godrea has a very interesting part of her kit that I'm glad got picked up again by Gumi: Item usage.
    She has the ability to use items AoE! The best ones in this case would be Mega Ether and Y-Potion. They aren't that great but boy you'll be glad to see that she quadruples the effectiveness of healing items. This means a Y-Potion won't heal 2k HP iirc but 8k. And the Mega Ether doesn't recover 120 MP but 460! And with her respective ability AoE to your entire party! Pretty neat.
    Where it gets really interesting though is after one of her CD abilities. After GE - 98 Photon Cartridge she can use an AoE Elixir once! This... is an AoE full HP / MP heal, just like Final Elixir. If it existed in FFBE. You can't multi-cast the item usage abilities but they do have a really helpful niche.

Now, let's get to the tons and tons of abilities. From here on she can multi-cast all of them.

Godrea has a ton of different chaining families. All of them have a 750% innate modifier. These chaining families include Bolting Strike, Absolute Zero, Chaos Wave, AT, Disorder and even Divine Ruination.
    The DR chain has a difference though: A 300% modifier with 50% DEF Ignore, making this the go-to ability for our rotation due to a ton of modifier boosters.

Speaking of mod boosts, one of them she casts right at the start of the fight. You can technically re-cast it but there is no need.
    Atomic Energy first off only cures all breaks from herself but auto-casts a 130%-170% ATK/DEF buff each turn and also boosts the modifiers from the chaining abilities by 100%-250%. After 4 turns you'll get a permanent 200% mod boost, which we'll take since it doesn't even take up a turn this time.

Godrea has two ways of imbuing herself. One way is through on-demand abilities and the other through CD ones.
    Her on-demand imbues are self 5 turn imbues for Ice, Dark and Water while also applying an AoE 75% water imperil for 3 turns. They also permanently increase the modifiers of the chaining abilities by 200%, but do not stack with each other.

Her CD imbues have the same elements but only a 3 turn duration. They are all available at Turn 1 with a 3 turn CD so you can keep them up. What makes them different is that they also imbue a selected party member, so if you're running a finisher or another chainer on top of her it's very easy to match their elements.
    These CD abilities boost the modifier of the chaining abilities by yet another 300%. So in total we already have 700% modifier boosts!

There's one last modifier boost we can get with her last two on-demand cartridges. They both are very bad by themselves, but after using GE - 98 Photon Cartridge they gain better effects. Either an AoE 3 turn 150% ATK/MAG or DEF/SPR buff with either a 50% undead or fairy killer. Additionally they boost the chaining abilities by yet another 200%, leaving us with a total of 900% permanent mod boosts that can't be dispelled. This makes her Divine Ruination chain go up to a total of 2400% and the other chains to 1650%.

We haven't looked at GE - 98 Photon Cartridge though! It's available at turn 1 with a 5 turn cooldown and boosts her own ATK by 250% for 4 turns, grants her a self 4 turn 75% undead and fairy killer buff, the AoE Elixir ability and Quad cast for the next 4 turns. And also boosts the previously described cartridges.

Last but not least, her Limit Burst. Definitely worth upgrading as our best imperils so far have been 75% at best, but now with her LB we can apply an AoE 120% imperil for ice, dark and water. Those also last for 5 turns. Alongside her low LB cost of 24 crysts it's really easy to maintain these imperils.
    You'll even get a 4 turn triple-cast for the following turns, which is useful each time the CD abiliyt Quad-cast runs out.

How does she fare in the meta?
    Gumi managed to give us a TDH meta unit again that is capable of swapping between 3 elements while providing some really interesting item utility. The AoE Elixir can really make a big difference.

Her overall stats are fine and it shouldn't be too hard to increase her survivability, but sadly she does lack a guts passive. Her first few turns won't deal a ton of damage but at Turn 3 it starts to go up and up and up. Up to a point where at Turn 8 in our rotation she can dish out so much damage that it's comparable to Karten's burst. But three turns in a row. She's a bit of a slow starter and has some low damage off-turns, but at Turn 4 she picks up so so much. Just make sure she doesn't die and you'll get rewarded with the unit who currently has the highest average damage.

Frankly though with the selection of units that title doesn't mean too much. Karten can FTKO incredibly well, other units like Riku and Bartz can deal a ton of consistent damage and partially control fights well and now we have a unit who just wrecks everything at a certain amount of terms.

Her TMR is a slightly upgraded Marshal Glove with 50% fairy / undead killer but not worth chasing for. Godrea obviously wants it but besides Sephiroth KH, Regina and Ignacio there aren't many desirable TDH units currently.

Her STMR also is quite weird. It has high ATK with high damage variance, grants anyone who wields it the two AoE item abilities as well as 100% item boost, which is interesting but I highly doubt you'll want to use an AoE Mega Ether with your Regina for example.
    It's a good STMR for herself and a good TDH Gun, but for other gunners there are better options.

Now this is totally subjective but I could never like Godrea despite her interesting kit. Her sprite I am not fond of. It looks... not fitting. Also kind of ugly. Also kind of atrocious.

Build + Maths:
    Lagoa (130 ATK, 2h)
    Power Amplifier (40 ATK, 25 DEF/SPR, 30% ATK)
    Catastrophic Vest (30 ATK/SPR, 50 DEF, 15% HP)
    Photon Core (40 ATK, 50% TDH) + 30% ATK, 100% TDH
    Seraph Comb (50 ATK, 10% ATK, 20% MP)
    Dark Knight's Knowledge (50% TDH, 30% ATK)
    Elegant Gunner (60% ATK)
    Adventurer V (40% ATK/DEF/SPR)
    Gun Mastery (50% ATK)

Stats with Titan 3*:
    7503 HP
    669 MP
    2613 ATK
    594 DEF
    566 SPR

ATK post 100%: 2883
    ATK post 250%: 3288
    Assuming spark chains

Rotation:
    Turn 1: Photonised Ionic Cartridge + Ionic Cartridge
    Turn 2: GE - 98 Photon Cartridge + Radioactive Cartridge
    Turn 3: Photonised Ionic Cartridge + Plasma Laser x3
    Turn 4: Plasma Laser x4
    Turn 5: Plasma Laser x4
    Turn 6: Limit Burst
    Turn 7: GE - 98 Photon Cartridge + Ionic Cartridge + Plasma Laser
    Turn 8: Plasma Laser x4
    Turn 9: Plasma Laser x4
    Turn 10: Plasma Laser x4
    Turn 11: Limit Burst

Turn 1: 0
    Turn 2: 0
    Turn 3: [ 3288^2 x 23 x 3.223 + 3288^2 x 23 x 4 x 2 ] x 1.75 x 1.5 = 7325372679
    Turn 4: [ 3288^2 x 24 x 3.223 + 3288^2 x 24 x 4 x 3 ] x 1.75 x 1.5 = 10368225032
    Turn 5: [ 3288^2 x 25 x 3.223 + 3288^2 x 25 x 4 x 3 ] x 1.75 x 1.5 = 10800234408
    Turn 6: 2883^2 x 25 x 3.814 x 1.5 = 1188779319
    Turn 7: 3288^2 x 24 x 3.223 x 2.2 x 1.5 = 2759618862
    Turn 8: [ 3288^2 x 24 x 3.223 + 3288^2 x 24 x 4 x 3 ] x 2.2 x 1.5 = 13034340040
    Turn 9: [ 3288^2 x 24 x 3.223 + 3288^2 x 24 x 4 x 3 ] x 2.2 x 1.5 = 13034340040
    Turn 10: [ 3288^2 x 24 x 3.223 + 3288^2 x 24 x 4 x 3 ] x 2.2 x 1.5 = 13034340040
    Turn 11: 2883^2 x 25 x 3.889 x 2.2 x 1.5 = 2666743077

Average Turn 1-11: 6,746,544,863
    -> 109% of Dark Knight Leon's damage ( 6,181,486,929 )
    -> 104% of Radiant Lightning's damage ( 6,432,619,393 )
    -> 104% of Sephiroth KH's damage ( 6,436,546,382 )
    -> 101% of WoL Bartz's 16 Turns damage ( 6,633,332,882 )
    -> ~100% of Riku's damage ( 6,720,634,445 )

Character Design: 9/10
    Sprite: Burn it/10
    Chainer: 9/10
    Trust Master Reward: 8.5/10
    STMR: 8.5/10
    Arena: 7/10
    Limit Burst: 9/10
    Future Proof: 8/10
    Free 2 Play: 8.5/10
    Pay 2 Play: 9.5/10
    Personal Rating: 9/10
    Optimal Rating: 9/10

Conclusion:
    Overall this is a good banner but despite Godrea holding the highest average damage on paper, I do think Karten is the better catch.
    He's super easy to gear and can be thrown into almost every event fight and even many boss fights and.... just slaughter them on Turn 1. And it's not even elementally locked, give him a fire weapon and bring a unit who imperils fire. The boss is immune to fire? Swap to a water knuckle and bring someone who imperils water. Throw in a high ATK buff and boom, absolutely demolishing most bosses.
    If you haven't cleared many of the recent trials or if you're a newer player, Karten should encourage you to finally go in and beat them up. Don't expect to clear all missions that way though!
    Godrea is a really strong unit and in longer fights will be a big asset. If it wasn't for Bartz's immense potential in terms of bulk, I'd say she'll be the best unit if you turtle through fights or like to control them and even upcoming ones, but despite higher damage I think Bartz fits better into that niche.
    Great banner, don't feel bad for pulling on it. Let's just not encourage Gumi to make a sprite like Godrea's again.
    Just kidding, o-of course....!

[​IMG]

Happy Halloween and embrace the last days of Spooktober!
    Thank you for reading.
    I'm looking forward to keeping this schedule up!

Memel0rd out

Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
    Kujo, Fenix808, Malferus and 48 others like this.
  2. bwompX2

bwompX2 Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Elena / Esther / Circe
    NYAAAAAAA

Frosty Toast likes this.
  3. leytachi

leytachi "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    963 524 267
    Leads:
    Onion Knight
    Still not... pulling... oh that urge... don’t...
    ok... i’ll try some tix... only some... 5 maybe... or 10... or... whatever... no!...
    :confused:

4. Memel0rd

Memel0rd Forum-Crash-L0rd Staff Member Administrator Forum Manager VIP Supporter Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    AND HE PRAYS

Randkin and bwompX2 like this.
  5. TheKillingJoke

TheKillingJoke Shenaniganator VIP

Global ID:
    833 586 843
    Leads:
    Karten, Anti Matsuri Tsukiko, Kryla
    Glad to hear that Godrea is a good unit :)
    I just need to make my phD in her rotation and get a nice gun for her.
    Karten i like despite his mediocre chaining. Because i can take a stronger chainer and wait until the right time to obliterate the left side of the screen. And it's nice that this Glasscannon Wolfman has guts. Didn't see that at first.
    Godreas TMR looks like BFG ammo ::jake::
    Edoit: I have the strange feeling that i will learn to love Godrea.

21er and Seven like this.
  6. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lilith/Evt/Evt/Esther/Yuna
    Thanks for the review.

Quick question, if you want to compare Karten with Bartz's 16-turns dmg and R.Lightning, why don't you delay Frenzied Rampage until turn 3 or 4 so that he will have T-cast up at all time.

Won't rushing casting Frenzied Rampage costs him some dmg from off-burst turns ? It seems to be unfair to me comparing rush-dmg rotation with rotations with slow-dmg (Bartz's/Lighntning's. Leon's is kinda on borderline since his burst is also on turn 2-3. Not sure of KH.Seph since I've never taken a look at his skill sets.)

If you want to compare Karten's rushing-dmg rotation, it should be comparison with 2 or 4 turns rotation for Bartz/Lightning too.

Valmanway, Kurogane and Danziger like this.
  7. Ender7477

Ender7477 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    @Memel0rd Godrea's item usage for healing items does not work as described. Used it yesterday and a Y-Potion healed for 1250 HP AoE. The description states that it isn't full effect. Apparently it is 1/6th effect (then her bonus added on) so that it applies 5/6th of a hp item AoE. The MP items do work as described.

Also, the killers on Godrea's TMR are 50% according to the wiki

Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
    Ashlag, Seven and Barroth like this.
  8. Ashlag

Ashlag Big choices were made, & now I'll do my best Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Great shit, I swear
    Karten 7* and Godrea 6* here. I used tickets, I got one of each, my DPS was not up to date and I liked Karten sprite (even if classical) and burst, so I did 3 steps (I only had those lapis). Well, I even got Tsukiko on the last step, so overall it's a very good deal.

Karten is actually quite easy to use and have the same niche as A.Laswell, evade provoke DPS. With 2 C.Lei, you'll still reach the atk cap really easily and have 1 or 2 slots free. Use Dodge roll... 70% evasion already. Then you have Kaito's STMR or even better Locke's STMR and tadah !

Seven and MikePro like this.
  9. Ffber

Ffber Ascended Member

Global ID:
    I know Godrea has interesting kits and fits well with finisher team, but man, look at her, how can I bring her to the battle field..

Screenshot_20191027-024718_1.jpg

Poached, Cylian, Tamamo05 and 2 others like this.
  10. Vetur

Vetur Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther, Tsukiko
    On the one hand, I'm super disappointed that I only got one Karten after spending exactly 100 tickets (25 of them being 4★). I don't feel gutsy enough to waste my 26k Lapis on the Step-up. No telling how long I'll have to wait to get Karten's prism (if they even do release it) if I don't spend now.

And you know that this annoying Ghouligan event boss is going to appear in Chamber of Vengeance eventually, and these are the only two units really effective on it (barring any future 150+ ATK Dark weapons we may or may not get).

But on the other hand, I'm a bit relieved to hear Karten's damage is not meta-breaking, so I won't miss out on too much if I decide not to press my luck.

Tamamo05 and Seven like this.
  11. Danziger

Danziger Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    I don't really get how your damage calculation differs so much from that of Furcula. Because in Furculas Sheet Karten is doing even more average damage than Riku.

The only thing I could think of is that your rotation also differs from his by a lot.

Karten has a 200% ATK buff that you have to use every third turn. So maybe that helps him. You could imbue and imperil, stack the modifiers and chain until his LB is up. Then LB to get his 300% ATK and then use his AR CD.

12. BurningKarma

BurningKarma Ascended Member

Leads:
    Fryevia 1080 mag; Onion Knigh 1258 atk
    I ended up with 6 jiraiya,
    So I got his 155atk dark katana.
    Perfect for your tdw chainer.
    Then DKcecils dark gs on your tdh chainer.
    Boom. Dead.

Tamamo05, Seven and Raindah like this.
  13. Raindah

Raindah "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    esther, sophie, cid... ask for others
    lol i got 8 jiraias....T_T my most repeated unit

BurningKarma, Tamamo05 and Seven like this.
  14. Jianto

Jianto Well-Known Member Supporter

She looks more suitable for a Halloween dress up party than a battlefield lol ::joy::

15. iBuko

iBuko Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    868 418 572
    Leads:
    Karten, Esther, Regina, Zeno
    Imo his LB needs to be part of his rotation:
    1. Unlock 3 cast
    2. Buff Karten 300% atk
    3. Unlock his 80x move

Seven likes this.
  16. Seven

Seven Mildly Active Member VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    None; this may be a hard case to crack
    At least on paper, Godrea is Warrior of Light Bartz + Regina on steroids. I've calculated her second rotation as 22B damage...which is more than CG Rain and probably rivals even units like CG OK (Although I haven't calculated his damage)...it's absolutely bonkers.

For reference, the unit with the next strongest second rotation is Karten at 19B damage. Then Warrior of Light Bartz at 18B damage. After that it just gets lower and lower. She is significantly above "the meta", if you compare her to Esther or Elena, who are way lower at about 11B and 12B, respectively.

And I actually quite like her kit, too. But I don't think I can stand her sprite.

Cylian and Valmanway like this.
  17. Memel0rd

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    I do use a 11 turn R.Lightning rotation tho iirc.

Logically you are completely right and there is nothing wrong about what you said, however when we start comparing units based on each others rotation, it can be a huge mess. How do you determine the length of the turn comparisons? And if you find a way, then you'd rather have them for all of them.

For example, if DK Leon had an e.g. 9 turn rotation and Karten a 13 turn rotation, would you cut Karten down to 9 or extend Leon to 13? One of those two would win or lose depending on the choice.

Besides that, I mentioned in the review that my average rotation isn't optimised but rather tries to get out the burst asap without external help as most content (pretty sure every boss even without hp caps) won't survive the huge burst. So personally I don't see a point to maximise the average damage as of right now.

aa25 and Seven like this.
  18. Memel0rd

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    His 80x move is a 1-hitter and isn't an 80x move. It's a 40x and if it works like Frenzied Rampage then it won't work with DW due to the self berserk part.

Seven likes this.
  19. Seven

Seven Mildly Active Member VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    None; this may be a hard case to crack
    I don't remember there being any indication that you can't Dual Wield it, correct me if I'm wrong if you've tried it. Ofc if it cant be then it's a 40x but that remains to be tested.

20. Danziger

Danziger Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    You just take a complete rotation like that from Leon with 9 turns and divide the cumulative damage from these 9 turns with 9. So you have the average damage for one turn in his rotation. The same with Karten.

I've played around with Excel to have the perfect overview over his skill-up times.

I think this is the best rotation for him right now. And this rotation is kinda easy, because its done after 6 turns. At least without external imbues and imperils.

I could work on a rotation with 200% atk buffs. Would love to see the math on this rotation. In 6 turns his rotation has ended. On the next turn where you would use Frenzied Rampage you just have to use the finisher instead. I tried it out. It goes off twice so its a 80x multiplier or 2x 40x multiplier.

upload_2019-10-27_0-27-24.png

Valmanway and TheKillingJoke like this.