1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Banner Review: Warrior of Light Bartz & Lenna (Final Fantasy V)

Discussion in 'Unit Reviews' started by Memel0rd, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Memel0rd

Memel0rd Forum-Crash-L0rd Staff Member Administrator Forum Manager VIP Supporter Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    GL: Warrior of Light Bartz
    So, the Olberic & Primrose review didn't came but they will!
    In case anybody noticed: I got sick for about an entire week but sadly it's almost impossible for me to inform my reddit audience. But I'll post their review tomorrow or on wednesday.

Now... I did pull some on this banner and I myself got Bartz 7* and one Lenna! Pretty happy and I already used Bartz through many trials to play around with him some.

Time to establish how good they are!

PS: In one of the last reviews, I accidently said to equip the strongest damaging weapon in the LEFT HAND for TDW units with W-Cast. I meant the RIGHT HAND. The right hand in-game is in the left weapon slot.

PSS: In case you were ever interested, I left my PayPal in my signature. Just wanted to let you know, off to the review.

Banner Review: Warrior of Light Bartz & Lenna

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Warrior of Light Bartz:
    [​IMG]5*
    [​IMG]6*
    [​IMG]7*

TMR: Hermes Sandals (Accessory) - 40 ATK, 50% TDW, 2 Auto LB
    STMR: Bartz's Blade (Sword) - 167 ATK, Wind elemental

Overview:
    Our goofy Butz has joined the fray and I can ensure you that he did not need a damage buff.

Warrior of Light Bartz or rather just Bartz since the original versions are mostly unusable starts off with allround amazing base stats. High HP/DEF/SPR and even higher ATK. His passives aren't shabby either. Including his TMR ability and two of his Hermes Sandals equipped, Bartz stands strong with 60% HP, 30% MP/DEF, 50% SPR, 130% ATK and 200% TDW as well as the 6x chain cap! Keep in mind that TDW units are often tankier due to having access to two Itemworld enhancements!
    Due to a global buff one of his Latent Abilities is a guts passive, which makes him a lot safer to use. He's also resistant against sleep and confusion, therefore most likely needing a ribbon buff from e.g. Lenna or Folka or a ribbon equipped onto him.

If you haven't noticed yet: Bartz is able to equip basically... everything! He's missing a few weapons such as Guns and Harps, but in general he can be geared for many different elements and builds. If you have a nice STMR Greatsword, use that! If you have a really good STMR Katana, go ahead! If you want him to tank a lot more and have Wilhelm's STMR, feel free to use it.

Bartz, as usual, has a few niche or self explanatory abilities but they aren't entirely useless. They can all be multi-casted.
    > Time Mage: Haste and Monk: Chakra are both pretty meh.
    > Geomancer: Wind Slash is decent for quick AoE clearing.
    > Gladiator: Bladeblitz is his only AoE chaining option, but decently weaker than his ST options, should only be used on easier content or if there are a lot of enemies.
    > Blue Mage: White Wind can be useful for its 100% wind resistance buff and a slight 3000 HP Aoe recover

Normally I would have included his Entrust as well. We all know and love it, however there is something you have to point out about Bartz:
    Since he is a CG Protagonist, he will always have his Limit Burst up at Turn 1. It will always be filled up all the way. This makes Bartz very unique as he can Entrust Turn 1 onto your e.g. Charlotte for that amazing LB. There are many different cool combos you can pull off while only sacrificing one turn and still having an amazing unit!

Cannoneer: Silver Shot is also very useful as it can be multi-casted and has a dispel effect. Its additional 50% DEF/SPR break afterwards can mostly be ignored, but being able to fit in a Dispel within your combo and applying your imperil afterwards can make your trial clears a lot easier.

In case you do not have any good wind weapons or simply want to go non-elemental in order to imbue him midfight with a different element or just more stats, you can imbue him with wind quite easily. There are two methods, one of them comes from Mystic Knight: Hurricane Tomahawk. It's a 450% AT wind chain (1300% after all buffs except LB) and imbues himself for 5 turns. Imbuing himself will delay his burst combo by a turn however.

For imperils he also is on a high level. Again, two methods to get his imperil, though his most commonly used one will be Dancer: Sword Dance. It's a backloaded 550% AT chain with no element (2150% after all buffs except LB) and it imperils the enemy's wind resistance by a whopping 120% for 3 turns. Huge imperil on a strong chain, thumbs up from me.

His last ability that he can multi-cast is his Latent CD ability, Fragments of Inner Courage. It's available at Turn 1 with a 20 turn cooldown and increases the modifier of all of his damaging abilities by 200% for the entire fight until death. This modifier boost can't be dispelled and also increases your damage output by a lot. Use it!

Which brings us to the crucial part about his kit: Job Levels!
    They work very similar to his Latent Ability.
    There are three levels to his jobs and each of them take a turn to level up. After you use on, you'll gain access to the next one until you die. So there is no hurry if you want to throw in an Entrust or two between them. The boosts are as following:
    Level 2: 120% all stat buff + 300% modifier
    Level 3: 150% all stat buff + 400% modifier
    Job Mastered: 200% all stat buff + 500% modifier
    All of these buffs last until death and CAN'T be dispelled. This means you'll have a unit with 200% all stat buffs and a 500% modifier boost to all of his damaging abilities! This makes Bartz not only incredibly strong but also fairly tanky.
    (The modifier boosts do not stack with each other)

Time for his CD abilities!

Winds of Pursuit is available at Turn 1 with a 12 turn cooldown and can be used for resistance buffs or if you don't want to damage the enemy.
    It is an AoE 5 turn 120% wind imperil as well as a self 5 turn wind imbue and an AoE 100% Earth / Wind resistance buff that lastst 5 turns. Generally it doesn't save time to use it but if you want to imperil the enemy to set up the next burst but don't want to accidently trigger a threshhold, this is useful.

His second CD ability is by far his most important ability in his kit: Dual Spellblade.
    It's available at Turn 4, right after all your set up is complete, and is a backloaded AT chain with a 750% modifier (2450% after all buffs except LB).
    However, it grants access to Brave Blade (FFV) on the next turn! And also boosts its modifier by 100%.

Now... Brave Blade might seem horrible at first sight. It's split in 3 parts, a 25% modifier chain, a 50% modifier chain and a 500% modifier chain. These all have 50% DEF ignore so they are ramped up to a total 1150% AT chain in total, which... is awful.
    BIG BUT(T): Keep in mind that we have a total of 850% modifier boosts for Brave Blade. Since this ability is split into three parts AND has 50% DEF Ignore, we end up with a total modifier of.... 6250%.
    I can already tell you this: Bartz has by far the strongest burst chain out of any current unit. By far.

His Limit Burst is completely optional and results in a very small drop off in average damage of about 3~5%.
    It's a weak-ish AoE finisher that increases the modifier of Dancer: Sword Dance and Dual Spellblade by 300% for 4 turns. It increases your damage per turn in succession slightly, so if you want to deal lots of damage back to back to back, this might be interesting to use. But you don't have to max it.
    I'd just skip it.

How does he fare in the meta?
    Warrior of Light
    Bartz does wonderfully well. He can become tanky quite easily and now has a guts passive to ensure his precious buffs won't be taken from him.

All of his buffs except for the imbues can't be dispelled and last for 9999 turns, therefore (unless you die) you will not lose them. Which makes him very safe against many self-dispelling turns or dispels coming from the boss.
    It's also entirely optional to use his buffs, you aren't forced to use them. This is important for event trials and story bosses as they usually don't require a lot of damage to be killed and he still has decent amounts of damage with his buffs being skipped.

His damage is a tiny bit behind Radiant Lightning, which for many people meant he needed a buff, but he has a lot more utility in his Entrust and his undispellable buffs as well as massive burst turns.
    Once you are done with his set up, his average damage increases by a lot each turn and will eventually outperform the others in longer fights. If you do not care about the set up turns, his average damage is also far above the others.

Through his massive burst damage that is very easy to get to (simply use his Dual Spellblade CD and you're there) he can control many fights quite easily and often even take down bosses in a single turn.

In my opinion, despite his slightly lower damage than Radiant Lightning, all of his other aspects are ahead of hers and I'd put him at the #1 spot.

His TMR is also particularly useful for any TDW unit. Now I haven't included it but Radiant Lightning was only able to hit 170% TDW, with the newly added Hermes Sandals she can get to 200% TDW with one accessory slot or with the newly buffed Aloha Lasswell TMRs she can get to 200% TDW with two accessory slots.
    Either way, Hermes Sandals are amazing TMRs with high ATK, high TDW and 2 Auto LB and also do great on many future TDW units as well as on.. TDW Cid!

His STMR can open up many opportunities for Bartz himself. He has no accessory slots to play around with naturally but through his STMR and Radiant Lightning's TMR he can free up both accessory slots for stuff like e.g. Safety Bit or Awakened Rain's STMR.
    It's also by far the best Wind sword and (unless resisted) always BiS for himself. It's not unreasonable to go after it if you will use Bartz.

The next unit to overcome him is a spoiler unit I can't tell you and while he's better and while there will be many future damage dealers down the road like Madame and CG Onion Knight, Bartz still does the job well enough as shown by Sinzar.

Build + Maths:
    Longinus (FFBE) (190 ATK)
    Air Tempest (125 ATK, Wind)
    Obsidian Helm (42 ATK, 20 DEF, 20% MP)
    Catastrophic Vest (30 ATK/SPR, 50 DEF, 15% HP)
    Hermes Sandals (FFV) x2 (80 ATK, 100% TDW) + 30% ATK, 20% HP, 50% TDW
    Devourer of Shadows (60% ATK)
    Dragoon's Pride (60% ATK)
    Past Regrets (60% ATK, -10% SPR)
    Chosen One (10% HP, 50% ATK)

Stats with Odin 3*:
    9989 HP
    515 MP
    2846 ATK
    418 DEF
    395 SPR

ATK post 200%: 3265 (Right Hand) | 3200 (Left Hand)
    Assuming spark chains

Rotation:
    Turn 1: Gained a job level - Level 2
    Turn 2: Gained a job level - Level 3
    Turn 3: Gained a job level - Job Mastered!
    Turn 4: Fragments of Inner Courage II + Dancer: Sword Dance
    Turn 5: Dual Spellblade
    Turn 6: Brave Blade (FFV) 2.65
    Turn 7: Dancer: Sword Dance x2 3.9325
    Turn 8: Dancer: Sword Dance x2
    Turn 9: Dual Spellblade 3.9325
    Turn 10: Brave Blade (FFV)

Turn 1: 0
    Turn 2: 0
    Turn 3: 0
    Turn 4: 3265^2 x ( 9.5 x 3.9325 x 1.6 + 13 x 6 x 2.2 ) = 2,474,053,260
    Turn 5: [ 3265^2 x ( 9.5 x 3.9325 + 15 x 6 ) + 3200^2 x 24.5 x 6 ] x 2.2 = 6,298,496,447
    Turn 6: [ 3265^2 x ( 17.5 x 2.65 + 45 x 6 ) + 3200^2 x 62.5 x 6 ] x 2.2 = 15,867,783,105
    Turn 7: [ 3265^2 x ( 9.5 x 3.9325 + 13 x 6 ) + 3265^2 x 21.5 x 6 ] x 2.2 = 5,730,822,362
    Turn 8: [ 3265^2 x ( 9.5 x 3.9325 + 13 x 6 ) + 3265^2 x 21.5 x 6 ] x 2.2 = 5,730,822,362
    Turn 9: [ 3265^2 x ( 9.5 x 3.9325 + 15 x 6 ) + 3200^2 x 24.5 x 6 ] x 2.2 = 6,298,496,447
    Turn 10: [ 3265^2 x ( 17.5 x 2.65 + 45 x 6 ) + 3200^2 x 62.5 x 6 ] x 2.2 = 15,867,783,105

Average Turn 1-10: 5,826,825,708

-> 141% of Esther's damage ( 4,145,746,483 )
    -> 137% of Regina's damage with 50% imperil ( 4,260,956,857 )
    -> 116% of Elena's damage ( 5,039,010,533 )
    -> 102% of Zeno's damage ( 5,696,282,500 )
    -> 99% of Radiant Lightnin's damage ( 5,892,729,985, but more like a ~5% gap due to higher available TDW )

However!
    Average Turn 5-10: 11,158,840,765

Character Design: 8.5/10
    Sprite: 9.5/10
    Chainer: 9.5/10
    Trust Master Reward: TDW nice/10
    STMR: 9/10
    Arena: 5/10 (can be turned into a W-Cast TDH user...)
    Limit Burst: 6/10
    Future Proof: 9.5/10 (Our fav Sinzar cleared up-to date JP trials with him!)
    Free 2 Play: 9.5/10
    Pay 2 Play: 9.5/10
    Personal Rating: 9.5/10
    Optimal Rating: 9.5/10

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Warrior of Light Lenna:
    [​IMG]5*
    [​IMG]6*
    [​IMG]7*

TMR: Tranquil Healing (Materia) - Increase SPR (50%)
    Increase modifier (1x): Cure, Curada, Cura, Curaga, Curaja, Regen
    STMR: Judgement Staff (Staff) - 60 ATK, 163 SPR, 30% SPR, Grants: Dispelga, Light Elemental

Overview:
    Did you like Folka? Well here you have Folka with a touch of Aerith and a touch of LM Fina!

Warrior of Light Lenna's (or just Lenna) basestats for a healer are pretty good with decent HP/DEF, high MP and huge SPR. Her passives overall aren't as amazing but still pretty good with 20% HP, 60% MP, 30% DEF and a total of 210% SPR! Through her latent abiility she even has 20% decreased MP usage.
    Lenna is resistant against silence and confusion, which isn't going to be enough and thus it's highly recommended to equip something ribbon related onto her.

Lenna only has one ability I wouldn't consider worth using, which is Purifying Waters. Well obviously a few spells, but you get the idea.

Something that already makes Lenna quite unique is her Triple White Magic! This means we finally have a meta healer with three casts on their magic. Since Lenna has the full set of healer spells with Dispelga, Full-Life, Curaja and Reraise you can really do a lot within a single turn. Reraise on three different party members? Curaja + double reraise?
    On top of it, her Curaja has higher modifiers than usual through passives, making it very easy to top off your tank, too.

Lenna can W-Cast most of her abilities except for some CD abilities and Entrust. Entrust is self explanatory but always nice and her LB can be filled up quickly due to her innate 100% LB fillrate, relatively low LB cost and 30% chance to counter any damage with 2 LB crysts.
    While we're at it: She can also heal a lot through counters. In this case it'd be a 20% chance.

Speaking of LB filling, she has both a decent AoE Heal and AoE 40 MP recover that both also fill 1~4 LB crysts! A double heal can easily recover the entire party, so if you want some slight LB filling, here you go.

If you require some damage mitigation for the first 1~2 turns until Sieghard or Charlotte have their LB up, Lenna can fix that too with Guardian of Tycoon. It cures all status ailments, which isn't too important, but also buffs damage mitigation by 30% for 3 turns. Good for emergency situations or early starts but if your team isn't tanky enough might be too weak.

I'm glad to say this but Lenna took one of the best traits from Folka and made them her own with a little twist.
    She has both an AoE 5 turn Ribbon as well as an AoE 5 turn break resistance + stop / charm resistance. It doesn't have the same split as Folka, which potentially saves up an action and these two buffs come with extra effects.
    Her Ribbon buff automatically casts pretty much half of a Curaja on the next turn and her Break resistance buff automatically casts a 60 MP recover on the next turn.
    If you didn't receive a lot of damage on the turn prior, this might top your HP off and therefore save you additional actions!

As usual, she also has an AoE 100% HP revive but also grants herself a 20% HP reraise. If she dies and comes back through this, she immediately starts off with a 1 turn 30% magic mitigation buff... I'd rather take the almost full HP Reraise tbh.

In need of fire / water resistance buffs? Lenna got you covered! She has an AoE 70% fire and water resistance buff that also applies a decently strong HP regen on your party. Can be helpful.

For whatever reason (including Latent Abilities), Lenna was given 5 CD abilities!!! She can W-Cast 3 out of 5, so I'll have to include it for every single one.

Let's talk about her W-Cast-able ones first, shall we?

First up is Dance of Glimmering Water. Available At Turn 1 with a 7 turn cooldown and an AoE 30% magic mitigation buff as well as 100% water / fire resistance buff that both last 4 turns. This can be used for strong threshholds or when you just got dispelled and can't cast e.g. Charlotte's magic mitigation. Ofc if you do not have any magic mitigation and approach a threshhold this can be helpful as well.
    EDIT: Dance of Glimmering Water is generic mitigation, not magic... *sad face*

Prayer of Devotion is also available at Turn 1 with a 5 turn cooldown and might be interesting for some mages that lack strong self MAG buffs. It's an AoE 100% HP recover alongside a 200% MAG buff that lasts 3 turns. This buff can't be dispelled. If it wasn't multi-castable it'd be a lot worse.

Waltz of Tycoon II also is a good source for magic mitigation. It's available at Turn 1 with a 9 turn cooldown and buffs the SPR of your party members by 200% (can't be dispelled) and also, yet again, magic mitigation by 30% for 3 turns. Without any dispels she can maintain her magic mitigation buff for quite some time.
    The first 4 turns through Dance of Glimmering Water, then 3 turns of Waltz and then another 4 turns of her Dance. So for 11 turns in a row (excluding dispels) she can keep up her magic mitigations without any interruptions. Most fights don't last that long except for trials.

Lenna's last two CD abilites can't be multi-casted and should be used on turns where no heavy healing is demanded. But they are worth using.

Pure Healing is available at Turn 1, increases all party member's LB gauge by 7~10 as well as their LB gauge fillrate by 200% for 3 turns. It also applies a strong HP and MP regen for 3 turns that will... let's just say heal a lot. It has a 6 turn cooldown but won't be spammed most of the times.

Genuine Generosity makes a really good combo with WoL Bartz if you ask me.
    Unlike her other abilities it costs 27 LB crysts, which is her full LB gauge. It's available at Turn 1 with a 10 turn cooldown and increases the LB gauge from every party member except for her own by 30! Since Bartz can entrust on turn 1 you can fill pretty much all LBs except hers on Turn 1!
    With teams that have Charlotte and strong breakers you can be off to a really really great start with this.

Or.... you use her own Limit Burst instead.
    It's a 50~79% AoE HP recover (depending on the LB level), cures all breaks and applies a 4 turn 100% HP Reraise to your entire party. Since she has LB fillrate passives and many ways to increase her LB gauge, it's very easy to get and spam this. Considering it almost fully heals and applies the best reraise.... this is hella good.

How does she fare in the meta?
    Similar to WoL Bartz, I'd say Warrior of Light Lenna does really well up to the point where I'd put her at the #1 spot.

Now, this might upset a few users since they like Myra more, and frankly I can see why you like her more. She has 140% AoE buffs she can maintain, many different HP barriers and a really good Entrust that she can multi-cast. She almost has the same Ribbon / Stat break utility but not quite.

I have both Myra and Lenna and the reason why I think Lenna is the better option is because she feels a lot lot safer. She has both ribbon and stat break resistance in one go while already preparing to heal on the next turn. She has a really easy to fill LB with a huge % HP heal and AoE reraise as well as the option to AoE entrust and fill almost all LBs fully in one go.

She doesn't offer the same stat buffs nor the same offensive utility, but most of the time 75% imperils will be outperformed through breakers and the 70% DEF/SPR breaks, too.

Now, if you are a fan of HP barriers, Lenna got none of them. But instead she brings several damage mitigation buffs as well as a few ele resistance buffs and most notably TRIPLE white magic. Don't you dare underestimate that.

Her TMR isn't super exciting and her STMR feels like a great addition for a healer like Folka as she lacks Dispelga. Folka through her enhancements got a legitimate niche through HP barrier spam and makes a really good secondary healer with 30% type mitigations every other turn. Both aren't worth chasing for though.

Build:
    Nirvana (68 MAG, 116 SPR, 1 Auto LB)
    Asfales (45 DEF/SPR, 10% HP)
    Hairpin of Purity (24 MAG, 51 SPR)
    Rainbow Robe (45 DEF/MAG/SPR)
    Twin Bunny Clips x2 (70 DEF/SPR, 20% HP/MP, 4 Auto LB)
    Tranquil Healing (50% SPR) + 40% MP/SPR
    Protecor of Lapis (20% HP, 40% SPR, 2 Auto LB)
    Adamantine (50% HP, 10% DEF/SPR)
    Hero's Vow - Earth (30% HP, 20% DEF/SPR)

Stats with Carbuncle 3*:
    13469 HP
    680 MP
    406 MAG
    567 DEF
    1460 SPR

Character Design: 9/10
    Sprite: 8.5/10
    Healer: 9.5/10
    Trust Master Reward: 7/10
    STMR: 8.5/10
    Arena: 7.5/10
    Limit Burst: 9.5/10
    Future Proof: 9.5/10
    Free 2 Play: 9.5/10
    Pay 2 Play: 9.5/10
    Personal Rating: 9.5/10
    Optimal Rating: 9.5/10

Conclusion:
    This is one of the last really great double banners.
    What we have here is a set of incredible damage dealer that can clear every possible trial even up to JP and a healer that is even apparent in today's JP meta. Both of these units are really good investments into the future and a safe bet whle both having great kits to work with.
    Now, Bartz's kit can be a problem occasionally as trials far into the future tend to have DPS race mechanics and if your gear isn't up to it might prove to be a problem, but the gear limitations aren't too bad. IF you ever have trouble clearing a trial, I can only recommend you to reference to a Sinzar guide as he's pretty much the Bartz master if I may say that.
    HOWEVER i also have to admit that GL made this banner easier to skip than I thought. We have a buffed Folka as well as a really good healer in Myra. We have a buffed Radiant Lightning and also a strong Zeno of the Beta star as well as a still strong Esther, who all do the job really well and will for quite some time.
    If you have too much Lapis or lack these units, I can highly recommend you to pull. Amazing units with good sprites that last for a long time.
    Also I just want to appreciate that Bartz and Lenna have some really cool ability names referencing to their FFV jobs!

[​IMG]

Thank you for reading and GL on your pulls!

Memel0rd out

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
    AIMGuts, Bahamut brave, Bubu and 62 others like this.
  2. Armando

Armando Member

Global ID:
    350 092 443
    Awesome work as usual.

Memel0rd likes this.
  3. Sefiros

Sefiros JOB: Forum member VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Bartz/Bonus/Circe/Charlotte/Esther
    I wonder how well he will be doing with A.Lasswell as chainer companion and Cid as finisher.

4. Memel0rd

Memel0rd Forum-Crash-L0rd Staff Member Administrator Forum Manager VIP Supporter Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    O V E R K I L L

Lyra, Nina, IvaNL and 9 others like this.
  5. The Flash

The Flash Well-Known Member

A. Laswell, 10k Max

Nuff said

6. Memel0rd

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    There's a possibility I'll be writing a review for the upgraded GL units, so I didn't want to take anything away yet.

Cylian, Bryyce, Strokerich and 7 others like this.
  7. Benjuu

Benjuu Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Seph,GLS,Barb,Fryevia,Landu and more..
    Great Review! Glad that I got 3 Bartz and 1 Lenna, I been waiting for this units since were announced on the JP side, i hope to get another Bartz to clear all the content with two 7* Bartz :D

Hillgigas209 likes this.
  8. Memel0rd

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    ... or his STMR + a friend ::rudecat5::

9. Raindah

Raindah "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    esther, sophie, cid... ask for others
    Good job meme, i missed your reviews!
    I was lucky to get lenna to 7* but only have 1 bartz. Time will tell if u should uoc him..
    I hope u are fine!

Memel0rd likes this.
  10. Memel0rd

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Perhaps you'll pull him from ex pulls or the weekly 7%s. (If they can drop him)

I'm doing good :).

Raindah likes this.
  11. Arkadi

Arkadi Ludicrous Speed! VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Something relevant for current events
    Thanks for the reviews Memel0rd, they're always an interesting read! I noted one discrepancy here in that Dance of Glimmering Water is generic damage mitigation, not magic damage mitigation. Here's a screenshot that shows that from in game. Also the wiki says the same.

upload_2019-9-2_18-51-6.png

12. Memel0rd

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    OOps...

13. SummonerBWM

SummonerBWM VIP VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Morgana, Elena, Yuna, LM Fina, SS. Cha
    I love Myra but even I wouldn't dare say Myra is above Lenna. The main debate is always going to be between Myra and Folka but Lenna is going to be #1 for life unless Myra gets an awakening that is unbelievable that surpass WL Lenna. WL Lenna is #1 over on JP as well and WL Lenna is not going anywhere at all. If I get WL Lenna, great. If not, I'm not so concern because I'm fine with Myra. I'm just pulling because I need some units for the KM events.

Scheich likes this.
  14. BigNBald5

BigNBald5 Smashing trials the bald way VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    open
    yeah im pretty torn between who to invest in, R. Lightning or Bartz. I only have 1 Lightning and no Bartz, but I have esther and eCid. Hell my 3k PG lasswell is doing more than enough for me currently on top of of course Esther. Also now triple chainers Ellesperis and Reberta. SMH This is why i cant invest in dps, they just keep getting stronger but we dont even need them for now.

I give up. LOL .

Great review as usual

15. Magoya

Magoya The Leading Mustache Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter Spanish Moderator

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Bartz, Lenna, Summer Whip Fina, Zeno
    Great review! I was looking forward to it. I got them both, door potted them, SBB upgraded them, everything. I'm very happy.
    I'm glad you're feeling better :)

16. Shr

Shr Arena Grand Champion Arena Grand Champion Spooky Arena Runner Up S3 VIP Supporter Monthly Arena Champ S2 Monthly Arena Champ S1

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yes
    Gunso
    I have been thinking about this as well. On one side most FL units are hopeless to the point my own secondary units are stronger, on the other side espers can't be duped and trials like sbb don't allow to bring your own 6 units.

So I am still undecided on what to do with my 4 bartzs after the km event ends. Might just put him back on the unused toys storage ::rudecat9::

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
    Hillgigas209 likes this.
  17. Marcus.mvs

Marcus.mvs Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Hey meme my man. Thanks for the review as always!
    You know, I pulled one Bartz within like 15 tickets, but I was really looking for Lenna. I just got #2 Folka two days ago, was really in need for other healer than LM Fina. Since I only have her and not Myra, do you suggest me to keep trying to pull for Lenna? I'm really low on resources

18. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lilith/Evt/Evt/Esther/Yuna
    Thanks for the review. I still can't decide what to do. Kinda running low on Lapis to go for Bartz, but surplus with UoC to get R.Lightning (already have a half of her) .

I personally feel disappointed that they released Bartz without any buff which essentially has almost no impact on the meta (like Jecht, et.al. during Hyoh meta). He is still a strong unit for sure but leads me to the dilemma above.

19. Hollis

Hollis The heretic VIP

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    who knows?
    N/A
    I got both at 7* so I can skip lots of banners ::rudecat10::::rudecat10::
    Got to be honest, I have folka, I have zeno, Myra and LM Fina...
    I still pull because I know these two are awesome even in JP meta nowadays...
    I know some might argue with "GL is different game" excuse (it is getting old, I told you... And somehow what caused me to mock those people as "GL'ers")... It is true that GL's powercreep race is steeper than JP at that point and I got to say that I skipped butz in JP while proudly owning lenna...
    Personally, I consider Lenna to be "the best" for all occasions... But in some trials, you might find folka's niche being able to outperform lenna... But of course Lenna is still a great choice nonetheless...

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
    Masvroh likes this.
  20. Benjuu

Benjuu Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Seph,GLS,Barb,Fryevia,Landu and more..
    Too late ::innocent:: I got another Bartz for one step, and I full enhanced/awaken + pots. Now I have two 7* Bartz and I happy with them ::rudecat3::, no second Lenna for me but I have 12 UoC ::rudecat17::

Seven likes this.