1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Barbaricia, STMR or dupe 7*?

Discussion in 'Unit Discussion' started by VINH, Oct 11, 2018.

1. VINH

VINH Well-Known Member

As per title, i got 4 barbie and i was using it since day 1 from my return.i got so much love from barbie that i keep pulling her as off banner unit. I have been using 2 6* barbie even until today's content. But her STMR is an essential kit for her, so i dont know which i should go for..

Need some advice, thanks

2. Balthier

Balthier Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Hyoh
    Stmr. It makes her magic stronger.

VINH and Seven like this.
  3. Senturion

Senturion VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    A2, 2B, Aileen or Tidus usually
    I'm going for the STMR.. it looks damn good

4. Fenix808

Fenix808 Mr. Aloha (^o^)/ VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    252 911 038
    Leads:
    Olive for Omega
    Not sure if you have any other way to cast tornado using your own units. If you do, definite STMR. But even if you don’t, more and more units are gaining tornado/tornado chaining abilities now, like Rem and Malphasie, so you have a better chance of having friend units that fit that need. :)

VINH, Seven and Russian like this.
  5. fayleen99

fayleen99 Lost soldier, serving for Emperor itself VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Mostly Hyoh and 5 star event units
    Don't worry there will be many barbie friend out there (i'll set you 1 if you need it ::raegen::)

6. TheDude74

TheDude74 King of Figaro VIP Supporter Monthly Arena Champ S1

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Hyoh
    I'm hoping I end up with one more Barbie sometime in the near future - I have five of her and one more will give me two 7* of her plus an STMR ::kefka::

I really need more gil lol vJQTMjR.gif

Shr and Wdiggums like this.
  7. Wdiggums

Wdiggums Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    depends on event
    This sounds familiar about the gil

TheDude74 likes this.
  8. Shr

Shr Monthly Arena Champ S2 Monthly Arena Champ S2 Spooky VIP Supporter Monthly Arena Champ S1

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yes
    Gunso
    I think Gumi should gives us permanent raids, lol. This awakening has taken all my Gil again. But Rem is so cute and her stmr is so nice::rudecat5::

TheDude74 and Fenix808 like this.
  9. Fenix808

Fenix808 Mr. Aloha (^o^)/ VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    252 911 038
    Leads:
    Olive for Omega
    Same here. Used everything and I haven’t even started leveling Barb or Zarg! But so worth it, haha.

Shr likes this.
  10. Xshock

Xshock Fryevia Big Fan ! VIP

Why ppl have problem with gil ? My gil b4 7* release is about 30 mil now after some 7* batch and abilities awaken batch it's still up to 55 mil. Have nearly 10 7* unit , i not up a units to 7* if it not useful.

11. Shr

Shr Monthly Arena Champ S2 Monthly Arena Champ S2 Spooky VIP Supporter Monthly Arena Champ S1

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yes
    Gunso
    I have 38 7* right now, I could probably go up to 50 if Gil wasn't an issue. In my case sometimes I upgrade a unit just to get the stmr like Gilgamesh or queen even though I don't plan on using them and they sit at lv101 unenhanced. I also upgrade some units for arena shenanigans even if they are not useful for almost anything else. I have 11 elfreedas waiting for their 7* awakening just for that.

12. VINH

VINH Well-Known Member

I have Dark Fina 7* and kid rydia future 7* ready who can serve as a tornado chainer

Fenix808 likes this.
  13. Nimbus3

Nimbus3 "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Hyoh, Fryevia, Grim Lord Sakura, A2
    Its been said, but I feel its important to reiterate this fact. If you have 4 or more Barbie, you should absolutely grab her STMR as it literally does nothing but help her damage and survivability.

First of all, having another MAG +50 accessory is amazing, especially not on a limited unit like Christine and WKN (glad I have had those TMRs, but I like options). This accessory gives anyone who uses it HP/MP 20% and boosts damage of many common magic Wind moves used by Barbie herself.

You can literally give this to any Tornado user and boost their damage further. As far as sacrificing 2 Barbie for the STMR, you'll have so many Tornado chaining families, which now also includes Rem and Malphasie, that aside from abusing Aeroja or the new move she got, there is no need for 2. And if you really want 2 7* Barbie, bring a friend unit. Hell, I'll lend you a hand if necessary as I have her 7* + STMR.

TL;DR - Her STMR is a very solid, magic accessory with extra bulk and added damage to Barbie's own moves. I didn't even blink before I grabbed it.

Side Note: There is no mention of whether or not Winds of Chaos stacks if you were lucky enough to have 2. I do not, and therefore cannot test. If this stacked, just.. wow.

Fenix808 and VINH like this.
  14. VINH

VINH Well-Known Member

Wow i was just decided to get her STMR and is half way during the process then i saw ur MSG pop up.

Just like u said there are a lot other chaining option i can get and i have dark fina 7* up and ready, therefore getting her STMR probably a better option. So i am getting the STMR.

I am sorry for all the troubles and is really appriciate for your time and effort for writing the advice. Thank you very much!::toad::

Fenix808 likes this.
  15. Nimbus3

Nimbus3 "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Hyoh, Fryevia, Grim Lord Sakura, A2
    No trouble at all, I am always happy to be able to help others and give feedback. This 7* batch was dropped on us with no prior warning. Inside this batch, we got 2 GLEX units who were previously a mystery (7*), so your question is absolutely valid. I hope this helps others as well.

I was never a huge Barbie fan, although I did not dislike her, but I am very happy with her 7* form and design. And to think, she still gets enhancements... that's pretty nice as she is perfectly fine the way she is and many are even still using her 6* to date. I think Barbie has a bright future. She does now what she did then, but so much better. I'm not worrying about comparing her to units like Ultima or Elly, I'm simply looking at her right now as is, and I am finally happy to have 4 of her sitting around.

VINH and Fenix808 like this.
  16. VINH

VINH Well-Known Member

Aside from DPS, barbie has a lot of kit that makes her stand out from other unit:
    Cyclone Shield - MAG/SPR (100%) for 3 turns, Negate 4 physical damage, provide so much survivability
    Storm Ward - 70% lightning and wind resistance
    Refreshing Winds - HP and MP restore
    She was already so good with these skill, now she is even better with self auto revive and reflect.
    In the coming ability awakening, she can also provide damage mitigation, become a set up finisher with her sunder 20x
    all these, just wow!
    I am happy to have her with me::rudecat17::