1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

BE Vs WOTV "Auto"

Discussion in 'General' started by LurkerRamza, May 23, 2020 at 6:50 PM.

1. LurkerRamza

LurkerRamza Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther, Xeno, TT, LM Fina, SSC, Bonus
    Please don't hit me with the default Macro stance hammer. I haven't macro'd since Samsung took it out of the normal legal default programming.

BLUF: If WOTV encourages the use of Auto Battle, Auto Repeat, and Story Skip; why shouldn't similar features be brought into BE?

O.K. it's not that we need it anymore with TMR moogles galore and expedition farming, but I cant the the only one using the auto repeat and the story skip functions on one game, while manually doing everything on the other closely related platform. The grind is currently more needed on WOTV (ew, yellow memory mats) but still.
    We follow the terms or service where any sort of rapid fire replay is risking a ban on one game, while the other offers you auto reply at 2x speed if you pay into royal rank...

This week I did all the objectives in 2 days except boogeyman. I spend the weekends with my kids so things I can do to burn down NRG fast (KM, Wave, Etc) are welcomed. This weekend it's just burning a hole, I'll IW every few hours but that's about it.
    Meanwhile, WOTV is getting me item crafting recipes all by itself.
    I'd consider running something for rank xp, gil, or maybe old fashion TMR just because if it was an option...

Why the two so very different legal stances from the same host company?
    Just saying.

Seven likes this.
  2. Talien

Talien Element resistl0rd VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    130/200 all resist SS Charlotte
    You answered your own question. I'm sure if gumpi could come up with a way to add an auto battle function to BE they'd do it and have it as a paid feature, but as we all know gumpi is utterly incompetent and the game's code would probably catch fire and explode if they tried adding anything like that.

Scheich, Seven and Shr like this.
  3. ExHaseo

ExHaseo "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    I think any game that has an auto battle, that does anything more than basic attack, is pointless. If the game literally plays itself, then all you're really doing is paying to watch a game get played. And when it comes to mobile games you're just tapping a couple times while you do something else. So what's the point? Really, if I'm going to watch a game being played, I'd rather watch Twitch. It's much more entertaining with commentary and the chat element.
    It also takes away any real satisfaction from the game. Can you really be proud of something you didn't really do anything to get?
    It's one of the many reasons I don't play WotV or DOO, and if full auto battle ever comes to FFBE, that's when I stop playing. And I think Gumi knows this. FFBE is around to appeal to old school fans, while WotV is for new players.

leytachi and Sagranth like this.
  4. illy

illy i'll make a cup of coffee for your head VIP Supporter Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    in most games, wotv included, you need to 3 star the level first before being able to auto, eg. you need to complete all missions of a trial to have auto enabled
    so you would still need to play the game

auto is just there to replay a stage/event/trial, mainly cos you want to farm it a billion times
    if i needed to replay a trial in ffbe 10 times, i wouldn't mind an auto feature

5. victor sant

victor sant "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    437 540 226
    Leads:
    Edward, XuanWu, Kryla, Physalis
    Different from most other gacha rpgs, FFBE have HUGE emphasis on skill sequencing (Using skill A, then B, then C in a certain order) and timing (for chanining).
    There are many technical aspects that makes a good auto battle not viable on FFBE.

Though an auto-repeat would be nice. When farming I just go Repeat > repeat > repeat all stages, so if the game did that for me I wouldn't complain. But anything beyond that would be hard to make it work.

Last edited: May 23, 2020 at 8:46 PM
  6. Sotoy_yuk

Sotoy_yuk Ascended Member

At least reduce the number we need to connecting the game. Especially in iw. It is 10 battle and we can't change the team. Why we need to re enter the stage from the first iw screen? Make it a wave battle with 5 wave so we need to only enter iw 2x
    If they won't give auto repeat function for simple task, at least make some optimization

And please make all update is on 1 file download. Why it need to download 3-4x every maintenance? It is not like we can play the game if we skip download 1 file::rudecat15::

7. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    From gaming point of view, any gacha games will not want all players to reach the end point of the game too quickly and they cannot keep releasing too many new stuffs either. Essentially, the developers will need to balance out the amount of new contents and the speed for which players can progress.

One thing to note is that the 'grinding/farming' aspects of FFBE and WotV are very different. WotV grinding/farming is very very intensive. While FFBE is not centered around grind/farming that much at all. (Don't get me wrong, there is grinding/farming in FFBE, but not at any level near WotV.) Farming/grinding WotV is pretty much everywhere, leveling up characters, leveling up character's job, crafting/leveling up weapon, leveling up character's LB, leveling up Esper, event currency, and so on. Each of those requires different type of 'materials' too. The game even uses 'being allow to farm fast' as a benefit of paying customers. (granted, it is still very early in WotV and I started playing FFBE after it had been released for a year.)

The way I see WotV right now, is a farming/grinding game (like one of those AFK games) and I am not sure myself how much of the game is actually gaming. On the other hand for FFBE, while not perfect, there is still a decent amount of gaming part in it. While it is true that you can 'auto-farm' in WotV for 30 mins, I seriously doubt how much of that actually improves your team. (For example, I spent around 30 mins this morning farming for books to craft Axe, I got around 4 books from 96 NRG, and I needed 24 more to level up my Golden Axe from lv20 to 30 at +3. And you need like 1500 books to get to the highest level from scratch, and I think I am not even at 10% of that.)

8. GoodBoorger

GoodBoorger "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

There are a shitload of games that have plenty of layers of unbearable grind that adds this feature to make it manageable.
    For example, Maplestory M. It's not the greatest game ever, but it's enjoyable but if i had to farm every character that i like to 140+ by playing it non stop, it would have quitted long time ago.
    And just like Maplestory M, there are plenty of games like that. So it's not really that pointless.

9. LurkerRamza

Global ID:
    Leads:
    I'm not saying I'd prefer to auto all content.
    I always read the story and any quest dialogue, I Libra every enemy I can, etc.

And FFT was my favorite, I've collectively spent months grinding JP in battles to do things like max out every job for Ramza. I think the game had an Auto feature but I never used it. I like the battle mechanics.

It's more a function of, I have 4 small children who deserve my time far more than these toons. If it requires running an old story quest 10+ times to get a few more of the 6 memory sphere things I need, and I can set it on auto repeat and instead play w my family, I'm going to do that.

If I could set BE to auto TMR farm on weekends, I would. Not because I need it, but I'm just wasting the NRG otherwise without a quick burn like KM. And no, hitting repeat on KM 100+ times is not super satisfying either, but getting the free 5* tickets are.

I'm not saying either game needs changes. I just think the two Very different models from the same company is funny.

10. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    I don't think two different models from the same company is funny though. It makes sense, in my opinion. Why would a company release multiple games with the same core-game mechanics ? It is like they are competing with itself over the same piece of pie.

From my observation lately, many recent (past year or so) games adopt this heavy farming/grinding game-core machanics. Many seems to do pretty well too. I am not surprised that any developer would want to jump into that pool for competing some players over.

That being said, I've been playing WotV since it's launch. I don't pick up much of FFT vibe (or rather Tactic Ogre vibe) at all. The battlefield and dmg mechanics are resemble FFT/Tactic Ogre a bit, but the end game is not clear to me at all. All I've been doing so far is farming. I hope this is just still part of the releasing period before they actually release real contents. I guess, time will tell.

11. Avengerx

Avengerx Ascended Member

I wouldn't mind a skip option for grindable battles, make it dependant on battle rating or something. It's not like most of us does anything else than hit the Repeat button in IW or raids for example, but it probably will never happen.

12. Talien

Talien Element resistl0rd VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    130/200 all resist SS Charlotte
    Nope, that's pretty much it. All you need to do is take a look at alchemist code to see where wotv is heading, because it is literally alchemist code with a FFBE-ish skin.

13. Fabell

Fabell "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Elena,Sylvie,Zeno,SS Charlotte,Olberic
    Be glad FFBE doesn't have auto. In WotV it takes months to get a single unit to max level, just because the awakening mats are so rare and expensive. In FFBE, you are expected to start using that unit at max level. Units in FFBE aren't designed not to be at max level, while WotV units are designed to be useful at lower levels.

14. LurkerRamza

Global ID:
    Leads:
    I've also had over three years to hoard FFBE Mats, moogles, cactuses, etc so I'd hope I could max new units quickly.

That was my initial concern with WOTV: when BE first started there was no IW, no Trust Moogles, no far plane trials, no 5 stars! I forget the timeline with Arena and Coliseum. Crafting was very limited and took time. They actually refunded the lapis to people who bought crafting slots. It was almost impossible to level up both story Laswell and story Rain for want of Sacred Crystals. I was shocked at how much grinding there was to do day one of WOTV and PvP pressure to do it quickly.

That is still my concern that with a brand new game we are pushing each other to hard grind/spend and get strong quickly. I feel bad being toward the bottom of my guild since I am very grateful for this community.

Pretty sure if I play this for three years I'll have ample materials stashed up, hopefully...

Those are seperate issues though. My point was just I'm surprised we are scared to even talk about auto macro in FFBE, whereas it's an integral part of WOTV.