1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Being stalked by... certain... IW enhancements...

Discussion in 'General' started by Clodia, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Clodia

Clodia Ultimate Cat Lady VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    737 523 579
    Leads:
    Grim Lord Sakura
    It all started relatively harmless. I felt safe, I mean, how bad could it be, it only was a 10% MP enhancement that kept reappearing sometimes, I mean, this in itself wasn't that bad, it happens! RNG! It... was just a little bit too... often, but RNG is RNG, right? R-right...?

But... it got worse. This 10% MP enhancement started acting kinda... off. I rejected it over and over, but it came always back, as if it wouldn't be able to understand. Was it sad I didn't wanted it on my weapon? Was it... mad I didn't wanted it on my weapon?

I said to myself, okay, maybe it is lonely. Maybe it is a bit clingy, but eventually it will understand and go away. Plunging back into the pool of normal RNG rates. Being... normal. It had to happen, right? It was only temporarily confused... right??

But... there was no point in keeping up this lie to myself. I had to accept the bitter, utterly disturbing truth. The truth of that enhancement being a stalker. It... it just wouldn't understand! 10% MP kept reappearing, no matter how often I rejected it. Almost every run. Sometimes twice a run. It kept scaring away more useful enhancements, especially ATK enhancements got so concerned for their safety that they ran away and were never to be seen again.
    But 10% MP stayed. It stayed until the end and still, it is there. Lurking withing IW, waiting for me to return. I don't know what it is capable of. I don't know what to do. It will always find me. It crawled straight into my head. It won't stop until all of my weapons will have three 10% MP. You say this is impossible. You say you can't have the same enhancement thrice. You don't know 10% MP! You don't know its determination!

A-anyway. If you are also victims of stalkerish enhancements, please share your story! I will read them from my hiding spot.

[​IMG]

Ferax, Yunny, Luckenzio and 19 others like this.
  2. Shinobi_SAC

Shinobi_SAC "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    959 392 578
    Leads:
    Acc1: 7 Lucius Acc2: 7 Wilhelm
    159/45
    mag/atk +10% keep trying to force themselves on my Midnight Star (Lilith tmr), constantly being rejected, but there they are, again and again...

SlightlyDubious and Clodia like this.
  3. Nouk

Nouk "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Event related
    @Clodia There is only 1 thing to do: ::run:: run, run ruuun IW as much as you can until you don't need to run it again! ::haha::

4. Matri

Matri Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    477 960 603
    Any 1% enhancements stalk me hard

Kaine Lovasz, Eureka, Gladio and 3 others like this.
  5. Redtide

Redtide YoRHa No.2 Type E VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Shadow
    In addition I am stalking you.

6. Xacques

Xacques Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Reberta, VD, Tidus,Lila, Barba, Mateus
    100<x
    Somebody do a yuno gasai meme posing as 10% mp pls XD

7. Just Marty

Just Marty Active Member

Global ID:
    Oh?

I thought we didn't believe in conspiracy theories.

8. toooskies

toooskies Ascended Member

Global ID:
    I kept rerolling Beatrix's TMR hoping to get over 22% ATK on it. I literally got 10/7/5 ATK three times before finally getting something higher (just a 15/10 ATK, 10 HP roll, but still).

9. Frosty Toast

Frosty Toast Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    511 684 224
    Leads:
    Fryevia, Eiko, Raegen
    It all started one fateful evening when I was enhancing my Fryevia's Needle. I started off hopeful, sure that I would get some MAG. The first floor gave me DEF 10%, SPR 5%, and MP 1%. Wow, I thought. Good start. Sooo I grabbed the DEF and went on my way. Finished the run with 10% DEF, 5% DEF, and 7% DEF. Grrr, I thinks. There is still time to fix this. 3 runs later I get my first sight of MAG on the 5th floor of run 4. WOW I thinks as I see "MAG" emblazoned on that button. Hopes rose...and fell as I saw the horrible sight of MAG 3%. I was determined to get some MAG. So I kept going. Floor 10. DEF 10%. What? I think. Again? But I doggedly pressed on with a stubborn determination to get my MAG.
    Fast forward. Run 8. Floor 5. MAG 5%. Gumi, are you giving me MAG now?!? I thought. Floor 9. DEF 10%. NOO. NOT. AGAIN.
    Fast forward again. Run 16. DEF 10% on the first floor. Gumi, this isn't funny. But MAG 7% on floor 10. My luck is improving.
    Fast forward a final time to Run 24 on Fryevia's Needle. Ugh. I don't wanna do this anymore. But I must. So. I. Kept. Going. Floor 2: DEF. 10. Percent. AAAAAAAAAA. However. 20% MAG in total from that run. 10. 7. and 3. Gumi, you made me die in the process, but I got. My. MAG.
    Moral of the story?
    Actions are always rewarded if you just put in a little effort. (that's what they want you to think, you actually have to invest a total of seven hours farming IW to get some noice enhancements. ::ink:: )
    [​IMG]

10. Treyblud

Treyblud "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Varies see sig
    Sounds like my EX lol. Seriously, I can’t get rid of Auto-Regen. If I wanted it that’s one thing or if I was running weapons I thought it would be nice for....but I am not.

It’s presence is strictly unnecessary. I wish it would take the hint and rejection well. I may need to consider the authorities at this rate.

Ferax, SlightlyDubious and Clodia like this.
  11. leemanho

leemanho Religiously F2P VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    950 921 563
    10% MP is not too bad, take it.

12. victor sant

victor sant "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    437 540 226
    Leads:
    2B
    This item world must be rigged. I've run Greatswords since day 1 and couldn't get a single ATK bonus higher than 7%. I did mace ONCE (fangbreakers, aiming for HP) and got ATK 10%, 12% and 15% on floor 8, 9 and 10. And I could've made several MAG 30%+ greatswords if I wanted to.

13. PhaseShifter

PhaseShifter Ascended Member

Global ID:
    362 169 161
    Leads:
    LOREN for chains and breaks ATK 1720
    105?
    I feel your pain. Lightbringer....12 runs.... HP, SPR, MP +15% comes out every run. And then some ATK +3% passive comes out at floor 10, like the game is actually mocking me.

Oh wait...

14. Elysee

Elysee Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Trance Terra
    Shhhh, don't reveal everyone who is stalking her. (AKA me)

Redtide, SlightlyDubious and Clodia like this.
  15. Prospekt

Prospekt Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Raegen, Dark Fina
    Funny. At the beginning of this time's IW, I focus on enhance all of my top-tier katana, and received no ATK+. Most of them are DEF and SPR.
    I even thought about post this ituation on the forum to see if it is a common issue.
    Until yesterday, the max ATK I received was +3.
    And last evening, I got rare enhancement on 3 of 4 runs.
    Funny.

16. Ztupid

Ztupid Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Mine is almost the same.
    I enhance thunder God's sword, and MAG +10%, 12% keep coming over and over and over again. About 20+ runs. Never gote rare. I'm getting sick of that.
    I said, f u this mag on L sword enhancment. I WANT %ATK, NOT %MAG.
    I keep going and THAT FCKin mag still there..
    Finally , after almost 40+ runs, i got rare, 15+3 atk. +38% ATK I AM DONE.

17. TheKillingJoke

TheKillingJoke Shameless VIP

Global ID:
    833 586 843
    Leads:
    Killberta Sieghard Raegen Lilith Chow
    I can relate! Got 6 rares in this IW. They haunt me. It's terrible. The dreams they give me...
    Let me quote Lovecraft:

“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the Item World, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.”

18. Clodia

Global ID:
    737 523 579
    Leads:
    Grim Lord Sakura
    ::rudecat7::
    You, you feed of my pain! But I'm not scared! You hear me?! I AM NOT SCARED!

[​IMG]

Takit, SlightlyDubious and Scoustar like this.
  19. Clodia

Global ID:
    737 523 579
    Leads:
    Grim Lord Sakura
    Nice try, 10% MP! I know it is you! Sneakily trying to convince me by concealing yourself as forum member! I won't fall for this! You won't get me!!

@everyone else, thanks for your input! @Treyblud, yes, contacting the authorities would be a wise step! But do you know the phone number of the Knights of Grandshelt office? I can't find it anywhere ::rudecat4::

You are an evil, evil, little sloth.

Hillgigas209, Nouk, Treyblud and 4 others like this.
  20. TheKillingJoke

TheKillingJoke Shameless VIP

Global ID:
    833 586 843
    Leads:
    Killberta Sieghard Raegen Lilith Chow
    [​IMG]
    Gnyaaargh, gnyaaargh, gnyaaargh, gnyaaargh, gnyaaargh (laughing slowly, for obvious reason). :D

Hope you people wil get a rare or two today. Can remember, the first three item worlds have been full of 1-3% for me and everybody around bragged with rares.