1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Black mage Vivi or dark mage Exdeath

Discussion in 'Unit Discussion' started by bowerman, Jun 29, 2020.

1. bowerman

bowerman Ascended Member

I was wondering which of these twed o you all think is best. I just raised Vivi up to 7 stars and I got an omniprism, so could raise Exdeath to 7. I just wonder which is the best magic dealer. I also have Karlette and high seraph Ultima. I'm at level 35, free to play and just want to spend my coins on the best units.

2. Regalia

Regalia Professional Cat VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    ACloud, Lezard, Paine, MI Lass, Bonus
    First off, one is a finisher and the other is a chainer, so it's hard to really judge. That said, Vivi is doing almost 3x the damage of Exdeath, so...

Also, why you wasting an Omni on a non-limited time unit? That's just crazy talk!

Nixilu and Wdiggums like this.
  3. Person

Person Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Use Vivi. You'll find Fire/Ice/Lightning CWA friends more often than CW these days.
    Since you're early game and F2P, don't bother with Dark Mage Exdeath/Karlette/Ultima. Free units are better than all of them.

Regalia likes this.
  4. Pristan

Pristan Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    The place Karlette and Exdeath might be useful to you is TMRs. Both work well... on Vivi. And while Regalia is correct that Vivi is actually a finisher, that really is the telling part, as he still does more damage as a chainer than Exdeath will as an actual chainer, assuming there isn't an innate weakness to earth/wind or an innate resist to ice, lightning, AND fire, and even then assuming you aren't using him for doomsday on T3.. You'll only miss Exdeath when you specifically need earth or wind and since others (for example, off the top of my head, Four Winds Physalis and Selphie from the current banner) will be able to do those better, you might not even miss him by the time that's needed.

Nixilu likes this.
  5. Wdiggums

Wdiggums VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    depends on event and on request baybe
    Crazzzzzy shit!!!

6. Vetur

Vetur Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    IF Rain, Kitone, FW Physalis, DP Fina
    He just said his rank is 35... so presumably he wouldn't have been around long enough to have any UoC tickets to burn.

And yes, Vivi is better by a long shot.

Nixilu and Wdiggums like this.
  7. Wdiggums

Wdiggums VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    depends on event and on request baybe
    He is but not to waste that kind of resource, in general dps mag or phys is never worth uoc let alone Omni ( odin raegen was king in jp he didn’t last a week till Noel passed him and with the whaling or extreme luck for two of them Rico passed raegen already ) not a massive powercreep but already bypassed! ( go ahead and laugh at me I had one Rico from original and drew 3 more on recent banner and now I have stmr instead of 2 of my own Rico xD bwahahaha @ me xD )

8. victor sant

victor sant "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    437 540 226
    Leads:
    Edward, XuanWu, Kryla, Physalis
    Vivi is a finisher, and is better at chaining than ExDeath, this shows how bad ExDeath is.

While I don't agree with doing that, I understand why some people would spend Omni on non-limited, as there are people that simply don't pull limited banners.

But if you're going to do it, at last do on a top tier unit.

aa25 likes this.
  9. BigNBald5

BigNBald5 CG Caius Ballad, please! VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    open
    since you are new to the game, i guess you dont know how rare an Omniprism is. Do not use this resource without doing research on whatever unit you chose to use it on, it is a Very valuable resource.
    Where you are in the game currently, you dont need to do anything but play story mode so you can get your espers and lapis/gear up. There isnt much you can do at the rank you are currently at, so please remember this is a RPG, things take time to develop. you will get where you need to be in due time.

Nixilu and Cylian like this.
  10. Tedeza

Tedeza "Hall of Fame" Member

Leads:
    Esther
    F2P
    Omniprism for just a mere Exdeath? no no please do not do such crazy thing maam. I suggest you save the Omniprism until you really know which units are the best. You're still level 35 so better don't rush it maam.

Nixilu and Jianto like this.
  11. Cylian

Cylian "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    XWQL main.
    198ish
    To OP - do read this. Welcome, and have fun. ::up::

BigNBald5 likes this.
  12. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Ascended Member

Like all posts here, only do the Omni on very Top unit.

Welcome to FFBE family. Have fun

Cylian likes this.
  13. Jianto

Jianto Ascended Member Supporter

Save your omni prism for better units (especially good on time limited units)