1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Bomb Family ELT - 5 Turn Method with Cloud & Tidus

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Yilun, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Yilun

Yilun Ascended Member

Squad Setup:
    CG Nichol (with bushido)
    Cerius (with enhanced barfiraga/barblizzaga at 100%)
    100% Evasion Basch (I used friend)
    Cloud (with Ice Needle, Demon Killer, Diabolos esper) 1300+ ATK
    Camille (with fire elemental weapon only) 800+ ATK
    Tidus (with fire elemental weapon only) 1000+ ATK

Turn 1:
    Bomb family will imperil 2 units and summon fire bomb jr. and thunder bomb jr. Ignore this since you won't be able to address it for now and there's no threat.

CG Nichol applies Soulful Stance + Mitigation Stance
    Cerius will apply both fire/ice 100% resistances
    Basch will AOE physical cover
    Cloud will use Meteor Rain (will chip down mom fire bomb and kill fire jr. bomb)
    Camille + Tidus use Aquatic Slash + Jecht Shot to kill thunder jr. bomb

Turn 2:
    Bomb family will attack but no threat to your squad if all buffs/resistances are applied.

Use Climhazzard with Cloud on mom fire bomb (she will be around 80-83%)
    Use CG Nichol's bushido on the rest of your squad to remove imperil + the water imbue on Tidus/Camille (this is important otherwise you won't do enough damage on dad ice bomb later)
    Re-apply resistances with Cerius and cover physical AOE with Basch
    Tidus and Camille with chip down ice dad bomb (be careful not to completely chain or you may break his 80% threshold which we don't want to do)

Turn 3:
    Bomb family will summon fire bomb jr. again and do some attacks. Again, you should be fine as long as you have resistances and cover up.

CG Nichol applies Soulful Stance + Mitigation Stance
    Basch will use Armor Erasor to debuff both bosses DEF stat
    Cloud will use Meteor Rain (will chip down mom fire bomb and kill fire jr. bomb one more time)
    Tidus uses Entrust on Cloud to fill Cloud's LB meter
    Cerius can heal, guard, or re-apply buffs
    Camille can guard or chip down ice dad bomb a bit more if he's not as close to 80% as possible

Turn 4:
    Bomb family will summon thunder jr. bomb and attack again. Ignore thunder jr bomb for now as you will kill both mom/dad bombs on this turn.

Cloud will use maxed LB to take fire mom down (from about 75% to 0%) in one turn
    Camille + Tidus will use Quick Attack and Swift Tidal Attack p.spark chain to kill dad ice bomb from 80% to 0% in one shot
    Cerius/Nichol/Basch - reapply buffs

Turn 5:
    Thunder jr. bomb will imperil and do a few physical attacks, nothing to worry about. Then use Tidus/Camille Jecht Shot and Aquatic Slash to finish off the final jr bomb.

Hope this helps!

PikaJew, fletcha, MrTORGUE and 3 others like this.
  2. Arekusu

Arekusu "Hall of Fame" Member

That’s exactly how I did it except had Cerius use Eccentric to fill Cloud LB in 2 turns. And I used WoL with the exact same setup as your Basch.

Nice simple guide :)

3. Kyoshiro

Kyoshiro "Hall of Fame" Member Spooky Supporter

Global ID:
    Lol I did this today with WoL/Fina instead of Basch/Cerius, I used Nichol's lb fill rate increase buff, kill dad bomb with Tidus/Camille and Entrust Cloud with Fina to kill mom bomb, then kill the fire/thunder juniors.

4. Zilch

Zilch Wolf of the Walltext xD Spooky Valkyrie Æsir Chocobro VIP Spooky Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Whatever is needed
    With physical evasion and 100% resistance buffs you don't need damage mitigation if your units have at least 30% resistance. You shouldn't take any damage.
    Quick guide: cover, resistance buff - do whatever you want the next three turns since you don't take any damage. End of guide :D

But why chipping down mom bomb? If your Cloud has about 1,2k atk you just need cross slash for the junior and his LB will kill mom bomb from 100 to 0. It's more safe not to cross the 80% threshold.

5. Yilun

Yilun Ascended Member

I had 1300 ATK Cloud with Diabolos equipped (Fry's Needle) and had struggled to kill the fire mom bomb for some reason when she was above 80% HP. Which is why I ended up just chipping her past the 80% threshold and then finishing her the turn after. To your point earlier, the 80% threshold is nothing but a more glorified fire AOE magic attack. As long as resistances and cover are up, you shouldn't take damage regardless. But agreed that if your Cloud can 1TKO her from 100% to 0%, then that'd be ideal.

6. Greenito

Greenito Ascended Member

Edit:
    i swapped Tidus and Camille with 2 Onion knights. 1 of them with maxed LB
    used non-elemntal weapons

much much easier.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
  7. fletcha

fletcha ฅʕ•̫͡•ʔฅ . ʕʘˑ̫ʘʔ . ʕʘ‿ʘʔ . (´ᴥ`) VIP Spooky Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Orlandeau, Tidus, Barb, BSS, Lila
    Thanks! I roughly used your method. 1150 Atk cloud friend could LB KO mom bomb from 80% with 45% break and buff. Messed up tidus/camile chain so didn't KO dad until after her, but used hide on cerius until all the other summoned bombs blew up.

Thanks!

8. Kelban

Kelban Ascended Member Spooky Supporter

Great Guide thanks helped me alot although took me more then 5 turns since he killed Nichole with preemptive strike