1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Boss Rush Survival - ADV...

Discussion in 'General' started by bwnyc, Feb 22, 2021 at 10:12 AM.

1. bwnyc

bwnyc "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    NV Terra, NVA Tifa, Event...
    So, I know I should do this, I just haven't done many trials to date. I know I have the units to do it. Any tips or is it just watch a bunch of @Sinzar videos and get to it?

2. DarkCobra

DarkCobra King in the North Arena Runner Up S3 VIP Supporter Arena Runner Up S2 Arena Runner-Up S1

How do you get pass malboro queen? They rock my faisy.

TheWillAndTheWay likes this.
  3. Losstarot

Losstarot Active Member

for marlboro you need a unit that chan immune to all that status ailments. i use kairi for instance. Then i go AOE, you can use light for exemple, if u have KH units it works well : 1 turn 3 spell then 1 ult sora.

personnaly, im stuck on tiamat, she destroyed my team even with mitigation so i dont know how to ajust my team comp for now.

TheKillingJoke likes this.
  4. DarkCobra

DarkCobra King in the North Arena Runner Up S3 VIP Supporter Arena Runner Up S2 Arena Runner-Up S1

I have Rena to give the team full immunity turn one. It still reck my faisy.

TheWillAndTheWay likes this.
  5. TheWillAndTheWay

TheWillAndTheWay Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Relevant event units.
    Check the Wiki for elements being used and resist it.

Are you using faisy provoke which gives her high gen mit and stack with either mag/attk mit then don’t forget to break em all.

TheKillingJoke likes this.
  6. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    My Faisy works fine. It does non-element dmg and start of the turn with ST dmg as well, so some bulk/break will help (I use Kunshira's 75% break).
    Builds (same for both forms):
    Shoreline Fina & Daisy.png

Edit: The builder seems to ignore 30% Fire/Ice/Light elemental resistance extra from the VC.

7. DarkCobra

I break and use her cover and element resist for the team. It’s like some laser beam they shoot that hits faisy for a lot. I have faisy built auto provoke and fully evasion too.

8. DarkCobra

I break with van lb. I think it’s the non elemental that hurts so much.

9. Shr

Shr Arena Grand Champion Arena Grand Champion Spooky Arena Runner Up S3 VIP Supporter Monthly Arena Champ S2 Monthly Arena Champ S1

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yes
    Gunso
    How?
    Tbh, I got stuck in the last fight with stupid orthros
    But my faisy takes no fatal dmg and I didn't build her specially for the fight.
    Not sure how she would fare on later fights but she does fine against the marlboro
    Screenshot_20210222-133636_39daf876cb606443ceece37664196531.jpg

10. DarkCobra

I don’t know. I wish I know why my faisy wasn’t strong enough.

11. TheWillAndTheWay

TheWillAndTheWay Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Relevant event units.
    Use her manual provoke.

12. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    iirc, the non-elemental dmg come from the little ones. I can kill all of them on turn 2, that may accidentally help me bypassing it. Not sure though.

13. DarkCobra

The 5 man mission is so dumb on adv difficulty. I just don't have enough dps to one or two turn them. I door potted faisy so I hope that will help a bit more.

I will use that as well. Thank you

14. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    It is not so bad if you go with hybrid though. In fact, I think this rush is designed for hybrid dmg more than mages.

Edit: I chained in house with Kunshira and Eldryn, and everything but Tiamat melts very quickly.

Cylian likes this.
  15. Wdiggums

Wdiggums VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    depends on event and on request baybe
    Poo on the 5 unit and if you have him add yoshi perhaps? Mitigate on demand and boost all stats on demand and when can be used his lb boosts all elements on demand while stat boosting 250%. I buggered off the 5 team thing but then I am notoriously lazy on gearing and regearing units I used vaan provoke/evade and faisy... if you use vaan and faisy make sure you click on draw attacks as well even auto provoke because the damn thing makes faisy auto provoke as well. ( use faisy auto reraise aoe when needed )

16. DarkCobra

I tried Eldryn with my NV terra for the first attempt at malboro and it didn't seem like he was dealing any damage. Not sure why. My friend unit had him geared in both base and bs.

I only have Yoshi on my last account. I will go back and see if faisy potted will work better with her provoke on demand. I don't have NV Yunishara so I am using faisy and rena as support.

Wdiggums likes this.
  17. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    I guess, here is my bragging video. May be Charlotte/Physalis contributed to the dmg more than I thought.

RaagisEd likes this.
  18. RaagisEd

RaagisEd "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Varies
    Malboro's are the hardest trial. If you clear that, it gets easier. (Except for the lightning ambush with octo bosses, that could hurt) If you can survive until turn 2, for me Terra melted the queen extremely easy. Except she is pretty useless against tiamat.

I did not autoprovoke faisy, i had vaan autoprovoke and evade. Only one of the 5 bosses had accuracy or something uncoverable so i used her provoke on that. Had build her for 100% fire/ice/lightning and 60% earth/wind. (you'd also want something like 100%+ water and 40% dark resist but you probably can't build 100% fire/ice/lightning without getting those)

Also i used 2 Elena NV's for hybrid damage. Its slowish but works on all bosses.

DarkCobra likes this.
  19. DarkCobra

Yea no NV elena. Wish I had her. This is why a 6 man team would been great. I could use sora, nv terra, and friend eldryn. that was my plan but didn't realize gumi had to do a 5 man party on adv difficulty. Like so uncall for. Or even the no death on the first 2 stages of adv.

RaagisEd likes this.
  20. Jerry

Jerry "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    NV, NVA, event
    That's only up to ADV-3. For 4 and 5 you can take full team.