1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  3. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  4. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Break Time??

Discussion in 'Rants, Raves and Accomplishments' started by thosewhofighton76, May 13, 2022.

1. thosewhofighton76

thosewhofighton76 Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    6.5k Av Tifa
    160ish
    So i have basically been playing this game late 2015 early 2016 (Elza OG banner). But since i completed the story (well end of Rain and Lasswell stories), i have basically been doing the odd event but otherwise just getting the login bonus and thats its. I am not a hardcore grinder (doing CoW or Dark Visions), so for me the game has gotten a little bland and boring. I mean i even made a 2nd account during the SS Esther banner to try a redo the story etc...got to Dinardo and couldnt keep going. It seems like its time for the next FFBE (or whatever they want to call it) to be released. WOTV is not the same style of game (more of an ff tactics).

Is there anything big on the horizon any game changing meta shifting units that are coming shortly? I might one day return to the game (maybe anniversary) just out of curiosity.

2. Talien

Talien Element resistl0rd VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    130/200 all resist SS Charlotte
    I hear later this year there's supposed to be an underpaid, overworked intern unit. The LB is kinda like Libertus but instead of a minivan it's a garbage truck that has "gumi mobile hq" painted on the side.

theJanne and Backosteel like this.
  3. Sartre

Sartre Esther is my Goddess Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter News Announcer

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther...that is all...
    H7
    Honestly, this game is in maintenance mode. Clash of Wills was the last big thing to come to FFBE, and I don't foresee Gumi putting in the effort to do anything else like it. It's basically just DV and CoW on 2-week rotations until EoS at this point. They might do the odd story event like they did with SS Esther, and the Seasons 4 story is still being update and pretty decent if you like story content. It's certainly better than Season 3!

4. Cylian

Cylian "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    XWQL main.
    208ish
    A Dawn of the Dragons (DotD) player here, from 2010 - 2020ish (EoS).

Had always written in the DotD forums - FF is a even better franchise. If the devs (or SqEX execs for the matter) are willing to just put in a little more effort, this game can go in and on and on, with 20+ years of characters to play around with.

... Sigh

Sartre likes this.
  5. Leoniaz

Leoniaz Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther, D. Rain
    i trully miss the old days of 12 weapons trial, that was peak strategy RPG moments for me

No overpowerly strong units, Fun (sometimes madness) boss mechanics, SICK SOUNDTRACK, and team building was pretty creative (i think there was a player named Rynal that used all 4* chars for these fights)

I even still remember my very first moment of beating Sheratan with 4* Earth Veritas and capping with Bahamut and i was OVERJOYED..

now that these elements are pretty much gone from this game, i do agree with your statement about the game being bland
    but still i love this game and i probably will still play until this game's closure

6. Barroth

Barroth Excessivlipoor VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Take your pick
    Yeah twas Rynal. The olden days were pretty good. I played 2016-2020 and even then power creep was arriving. In retrospect I think fondly of not owning cloud of darkness and being pawned by xande in the crystal tower.

Leoniaz and Sartre like this.
  7. LurkerRamza

LurkerRamza Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther, Xeno, TT, LM Fina, SSC, Bonus
    Just to make sure OP knows you can go straight to Season 4 skipping Season 3

Sartre likes this.
  8. Clodia

Clodia Cat President of Phy Kappa Moog VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    737 523 579
    Leads:
    GLS, Lassgen :3, Lasswell :3, Physalis
    For me, the game was certainly more fun in the old days as well, but I'm still sticking around because there are attachments. I took a break last autumn (AND MISSED ALL THE HALLOWEEN STUFF ::cry:: And I missed the Trials of Mana event and am still salty about it), which wasn't really a decision I made, I just stopped to log in one day, and that day stretched itself to several weeks. Then I just started being in the mood again.
    There have been periods of time where I just collect the login bonus for days on end, and procrastinate all the grindy stuff until the last day, and then there are periods of times where I'm graced with more motivation.

I think that keeps the game alive for me honestly. I'm not forcing myself to have motivation, and just go with the flow. I know I still have great fun sometimes. I know I still get satisfaction with things, and joy. I hate CoW and just go for level 99 (or sometimes just 95) for completion and not score, but I love DV (even though I always procrastinate) and try my best (which is mostly in the 2000er rank, which is fine with me). Something about capping these stages tickles my brain satisfaction center.

I was hyped when I got Reberta. She is amazing. I pulled for KoG because he is meta and half Lasswell, and THEN the Laguna announcement popped, and I was without lapis, and determined to get as many lapis as possible in two and a half weeks to put all I have into pulling for my favourite FF8 character. I was so motivated to do all the daily things that give lapis (even arena), and to see my lapis count increase slightly.
    ... and then I pulled him off of a ticket ::happy::
    I was hyped, but my motivation dwindled again haha, because my goal was suddenly achieved in a very anti-climactic (but still very satisfying) way. But I know my motivation will be back next Tuesday at the latest when I'll start bugging @Shr about giving me DV tips :D
    And I sure hope I will be able to use my new shiny Laguna ::toad::

I also didn't play any story after the end of season 2 yet, but one day I will. I need all the Lasswell content.

So yeah. My motivation with this game is very swingy, but that's okay. The good thing about this game as a vet is, that you don't need to grind out everything everyday to the fullest in order to not fall off. The game allows you to have motivation lows without punishing you too greatly for it. I missed some stuff back in autumn, but it never hindered me from progessing. I'm pretty content with the irregularities of my motivation.

Shr, LurkerRamza, Leoniaz and 2 others like this.
  9. Cylian

Cylian "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    XWQL main.
    208ish
    Yah. What Ms @Clodia said.

My method is that Exvius became my side game instead, with my focus on Fm2020. Then, Exvius became the casual game that it actually is, to clear raids while waiting for work, etc.

If I cleared CoW lvl90 with my casual approach, I am already contented enough. DVs are FTKOs. Mercifully most units dropped without hard pulling. Can't ask for more. (or rather we asked for the QoLs, and had to wait for a relative forever, ha. The QoLs would help so much. Anniversary is the hope)

Shr likes this.