1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Brought down that bloody moon!

Discussion in 'Rants, Raves and Accomplishments' started by Sartre, Nov 10, 2019 at 8:24 PM.

1. Sartre

Sartre Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Elena, Karten, Fid, Esther, Cilka
    Yeezus this one took me more tries than I'd like to admit, and mostly because I'm too stubborn to use cheese strategies that skip entire phases. I have this masochistic need to feel like I earned a win no matter how frustrating it is.

Anyhow, I had seen some vids on ppl using Cilka to take down the moon and I liked her kit for this particular trial, especially the fact that evoke damage bypasses the damage mitigation so I don't have to wait around every time I pass a threshold.

End result (after many, many, many failed attempts)

Screenshot_20191111-140312.jpg

I wish I could say this was a clean victory, but this trial is messy as hell once you get below 40%. The key was to pass the 20% threshold on a turn when the moon unloads everything but the kitchen sink, as it effectively negates that turn so you avoid all the damage. I passed the 40% threshold on turn 26, then the 20% threshold on turn 29. Moon went down on turn 35, leaving a single minion which kidnapped Willy. This trial is all about timing. Keeping 40% general mitigation along with Sylvie's 25% mag/phys mitigation up at all times along with hers and Fina's LBs whenever possible.

I also wanted to prove that you don't need SS Charlotte to win this trial the hard way (since I'm still bitter about never pulling one, much less two of her). Big Willy handled everything, though he ate dirt quite a few times. He was a passive provoke so he was basically guarding the whole time except on turns when I expected two physical AoEs.

I have my Cilka up in Nemesis slot 2 if anyone wants to give it a go. Thanks to @Chrizz for your Cilka which I used many times (I think I have 3 Cilka friends total). Wish it could have been yours that I ultimately won with as that would make 2 trials in a row that I've beaten with your units. But nevertheless, thanks for having a badass unit for me to use.

Person, Kurogane, Ferax and 8 others like this.
  2. volcom

volcom "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Sora,Ang,Kurasame,TT,Malphasie,etc
    allright kiddo,dont go near those mad Red psycho ever again.
    they even abducted an oldman.

anyway, CONGRATZZZ!

Sartre likes this.
  3. Sartre

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Indeed, I will never so much as look at this trial ever again!

Seven and volcom like this.
  4. Skye

Skye Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Regina, Kryla, Nyx
    Nice!

How much tougher was below 40% compared to over 40%? I skipped it, but I did look at the list which looked super random and had quite a few very crammed turns (as well as some pretty empty ones).

Seven and Sartre like this.
  5. Sartre

Global ID:
    Leads:
    It was pretty rough, and was always where I ended up getting wiped. After I got my team comp and rotations down, getting to the 40% threshold was easy. But it goes out the window below that, and it becomes a race to the finish line.

If you time it right you can avoid the worst turns, and hopefully all the adds are dead (or nearly dead) when you first break through. I had the wiki up the whole time so I could see what was coming and know when to push the 20% threshold (turn 29, in my case). It was a lot of AoE reraising and bringing Willy back from the dead pretty much every turn. The nice thing about Cilka is she doesn't lose anything like ability stacks when she dies, so as along as she's alive she can keep pumping out damage without regard for the Moon's mitigation. Since she's built around SPR she can handle most of the magic damage, and she even off heals when Fina needs to focus on reraising.

Skye likes this.
  6. Chrizz

Chrizz "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    154 176 245
    Leads:
    Elena, Charlotte, Circe, Foltra,
    Good job!!! I wanted to clear with Cilka but just couldn't do it... After like 5 or 7 tries I decided to take the "easy route" and clear with Circe instead..

Sartre likes this.
  7. Armando

Armando Active Member

Global ID:
    350 092 443
  8. Qlitus

Qlitus Active Member

Nice. Tsukiko made this trial easy

Sartre likes this.
  9. FaRFrOmPoOpIn

FaRFrOmPoOpIn "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya........" VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    ill wait itl im stronk enough to cheese it.

Sartre likes this.
  10. Sartre

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yeah, didn't pick up one of those. My strongest mage is Christine, but I don't like that she's restricted to ice for all of her dmg. I could have used Sylvie to give her a non-elemental chain with weak mods, I suppose. I was close to dropping Cilka after a while and just cheesing it with Christine, but I'm glad I stuck to it.

Qlitus likes this.
  11. Qlitus

Qlitus Active Member

Just makes the victory all that much sweeter. Congrats again

Sartre likes this.
  12. Skye

Skye Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Regina, Kryla, Nyx
    I did it with Christine and it was surprisingly easy, I did exactly the magic chain imbue with Sylvie for the ice apostle. It was somewhat funny in the sense that moon took 14 turns, and the ice apostle took further 13 (only pressing "repeat", though). But since I had his provoke up, Rain got kidnapped, so Sylvie and the Christines were safe.

Sartre likes this.