1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Building Riku (KH)

Discussion in 'Unit Builds' started by Regalia, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Regalia

Regalia Professional Cat VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    RCloud, RAerith, NV Lasswell, Tifa
    So I pulled 2 Riku during the banner, and I'm loving it so far. He's a big upgrade from Esther and Elena, but he's also my first TDW unit. So I guess I'm basically asking if I can get people to look over my build and check if I've screwed anything up. This is the build before applying an esper, as that would naturally be switched around for optimal killers.

Riku 7★
    Right hand: Muramasa (FFBE) HP+20%, ATK+172, ATK+20% (IW :Rare lvl4)
    Left hand: Soul Eater HP+20%, ATK+160, ATK+20% (IW :Rare lvl4)
    Head: Obsidian Helm MP+20%, ATK+42, DEF+20
    Body: Storm Bunny Jacket HP+800, ATK+40, DEF+10
    Accessory 1: Colorful Lei ATK+45
    Accessory 2: Hermes Sandals (FFV) ATK+40
    Materia 1: Disparate Swordsman ATK+70%
    Materia 2: Power of Id ATK+50%, DEF+20%
    Materia 3: Hero's Vow - Dark ATK+60%
    Materia 4: Chocobo Adventure! HP+20%, MP+20%, ATK+30%, DEF+30%, MAG+30%, SPR+30%
    Total: HP:12759, MP:693, ATK:3017, DEF:538, MAG:226, SPR:319

Now, I'm still working on some of the TMRs, but that's just a matter of time. I also don't have the IW enchants yet, but as long as I get 20% ATK each, he'll be right at 400% ATK and 205% TDW. Yes, I know the last 5% TDW is wasted, but it's either that or leave him at 180%.

So equipment slot by equipment slot, here's my reasoning:

First, do I have the weapons in the right hands? If I've got this right, it calculates the ATK of each hand separately, deducting the base ATK of the other weapon, but including passives and the boost from TDW? And that the right hand (left on the screen) is the one that's actually used for multicast? Soul Eater is his TMR, so that's a no brainer, and then Muramasa is actually my highest raw ATK weapon (plus that mankiller!).

Obsidian helm is solid BIS, I think. I don't have anything with more ATK (at least until I can pull a fourth Aileen), and I don't have a Prishe. That 20% MP and 50% hightide are mighty enticing as well.

Storm Bunny Jacket is another no brainer. It was either this or KH Seph's Longcoat, and the HP on both is roughly the same, but the Bunny coat has more raw ATK and he'll be hitting the ATK caps without the longcoat's 20% passives...

Colorful Lei and Hermes sandals are my only available TDW gear, so no contest there.

Disparate Swordsman is 70% ATK with clothes and a Katana, so that's obviously BIS. Here's Vow - Dark is 60% with a mixed set of any two weapon types Riku can equip, so that's got to be a really strong option as well.

Here's where I get less certain.

Chocobo Adventure looks like a nice fit. I need 80% to hit the cap at this point, and while CA only offers 30%, there are lots of 50% options. It also offers 20% HP/MP, and 30% DEF/SPR, so it's a big boost to bulk and sustainability. It looks good on paper.

Power of Id is kind of an odd one. 50% ATK is exactly what I need, but it's easy to come by and the 20% DEF is nice but not vital. What's drawing me here is the extra 5% MP/Turn, which bumps the actual regen up to 103 per turn. Now, his MP consumption averages 164 per turn over his 9 turn rotation (lifted from Furcula's list), so this would cut it down to 61 MP lost per turn, and this build has 690 MP, so it should be enough to see him through a full rotation without needing a refill.
    I did a thing that lets me input the cost of each move in the rotation (up to 12 turns, and up to a penta-cast), the Max MP, and the MP regen of the unit, and it'll highlight at what point the unit can't keep casting. Instructions are on the sheet, make a copy if you want to play around with it.

So, does anyone see where I'm making a mistake, or have a suggestion where I can improve things?

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
    Seven likes this.
  2. wardaddy

wardaddy Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    818 074 888
    Leads:
    me
    I think for your equips you should be good lol. I liked using power of Id on Esther for the regen mp and extra defense, it’s a solid pick.

Regalia and Seven like this.
  3. Regalia

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    I reworked the spreadsheet a bit to show MP at start of turn, since MP regens at end of turn. That's a more useful way to tell if you can cast that turn's rotation than what I was using before.

Yeah, that extra MP regen can be a huge factor. I need both the 20% MP from the helm and the extra 5% MP from the materia to make it all the way through the rotation. Otherwise, he's going to run out by turn 7 rather than turn 12.

Well, I'm running Folka, so it doesn't reaaaally matter, but still.

wardaddy likes this.
  4. wardaddy

wardaddy Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    818 074 888
    Leads:
    me
    Yeah I mean if you take into consideration other sources of mp regen you should be fine, I feel like most people squeeze in an mp regen with Folka here and there anyways, I know I do lol

Regalia likes this.
  5. Regalia

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    And then you get Regina... "MOAR POWER! Muahahaha... more batteries, please."

wardaddy and Seven like this.
  6. Ayuzi

Ayuzi Ascended Member

I can help u out building riku, i know everything about him, lots of theorycraft, my riku is sitting at 3.05~3.1k with killer, can be improved way higher like 3.4k with more stmrs, U want just a good build to not need a mp battery, or max dmg?

Seven likes this.
  7. Seven

Seven Mildly Active Member VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    None; this may be a hard case to crack
    @Regalia don't forget killers exist! I'd always keep Power of Id on because of survivability/sustainability, and Disparate Swordsman + Hero's Vow - Dark is about the best you can get before STMRs. Your equipments look fine, too. However, for the next few trials you might want to change it as follows:

Shinryu's Trial
    Use Dragon Killer+ and Odin and enough water resistance to survive the preemptive

Scorn of the Legendary Stag
    Use Stone Killer or Beast Killer and Ifrit

[FFVI] Kefka
    Use Man-Eater+ and Diabolos

8. Regalia

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    Geez, I just finished Greg Kai a few weeks ago. But yeah, the stats above are pre-esper, and I can swap out the Chocobo's Adventure for a killer materia no problem. As long as I don't need the killers on it, I could then swap in KH Seph's longcoat for the bunny jacket to bump the ATK up a bit more. Not sure how much that would help, though, I'll have to check the builder.

Thanks for the offer, but I'm not sure how much tweaking I can do. I'm at the highest point I can really get without pulling a new 5*, so that's not really my issue. I'm really just looking to make sure I'm not doing something stupid like not using LB damage gear on Esther, or something.

As is, I've got him to 2900 ATK with a free materia and no Esper, so I think I'm pretty solid in that regard.

Seven likes this.
  9. Spathotan

Spathotan Ascended Member

Global ID:
    That's a pretty standard build for somebody that doesn't have 50 STMR's at their disposal. In fact your build is almost identical to mine. He has good base stats so that gives him some flexibility in his gear for things like extra HP, DEF, SPR and killers without sacrificing too much ATK.
    RIku1.jpeg RIku2.jpg