1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Casting Call for Murder Bunny's Revenge: Amon!

Discussion in 'Team Help' started by Sartre, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Sartre

Sartre Murder Bunny Enthusiast VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther...that is all...
    H7
    Alright Murder Bunnies, I have a lot of videos in the pipeline to edit and I have a master plan for how all of these are going to play out, but while I'm working on the next couple of episodes of Guardians of the Farplane, I figured I might as well start working on my strategy for Amon!

This is gonna be a slugfest, and there are a lot of things to account for in this one. The build is actually gonna be a little strict for this one so I hope everyone has plenty of Photon Cores lying around :-P

Here's the build I'm bringing to the fight:
    Esther.png

Yes, that's right, I finally got the Swordbow of Unbreakable Faith!! ::rudecat12:: w00t w00t!!

Oh, that's not what you were looking at? Oh, I see, you were checking out that Bomb Arms materia from the first Bomb trial some 2+ years ago. Hopefully everyone has that materia on hand for this trial, because we're definitely gonna need it!

All I really need for this trial is maxed out killers and high LB dmg with the Bomb Arms materia. Whatever gear you have that make this possible go for it! Photon cores are really indispensable on this one, so hopefully you have at least one on hand, otherwise it's going to be tough to hit 200+ on the killers.

Now there are some things we can't have on our bunnies, like elemental weapons (duh) or anything with human killers on them (sorry Cleostar STMR ::rudecat4::). The reason for not having human killers is due to Esther's fixed damage every turn, and especially on turns after her LB. Here's why:

Esther deals 500 fixed lightning elemental damage every turn, and an additional 1500 fixed lightning element damage on turns after her LB. If you have just 50% human killer that becomes 750 every turn with an additional 2250 after LB turns for a whopping 3000 HP on off turns. Normally, this wouldn't matter that much since we would just put on Storm Kickers so it heals her, or just have some external heals to recover. Can't do that here since any form of healing deals damage, which means we also can't recover any HP Esther loses in this fight. This makes Esther a really tricky unit to use on this trial since she will essentially kill herself without some kind of mitigating factor. Luckily we can cancel out 90-100% of it with elemental buffs, and cover the rest with barriers. But if I'm being honest, I cannot rely on these mitigations for the entirety of the fight, as there may be turns without a barrier or the elemental resistance and this is going to be a looooong fight (I'm estimating ~60 turns).

So just to make things really simple, no gear with human killers of any kind!

Now after a bit of research and a few test runs with some random bunny friends, I think I have my team and strategy ready to go:

7* Ashe - Her 3-stack seal every turn will be essential here. I've maxed out her MP reduction (80%) so she can cast it every turn without running dry. Her 5000 HP barrier every 4 turns will also be essential for our survival! I just can't do this trial without totally losing my sh!t without her. I've already tried ::happy::

Poppy - I actually had to UoC her just for this trial. She imbues water and wind and even gives some elemental amps to both on her LB! She also comes with barriers and a 75-100% lightning resistance buff as well as Break resistance since Amon dishes out a 85% ATK/MAG break every 3 turns. She'll also be my passive provoke and death resistant unit for the fight. Also gave her barrage to whittle away the Amon's mirage every 3 turns.

Faisy - Not only a great mag tank, but she comes with the 3 turn Earth imbue! She'll also be my breaker. She's pulling triple duty. Perfect :D

So you see we have 3 of the 4 elements covered externally, which is why we need Bomb Arms to imbue Esther with fire.

This is going for the 5-man mission, since we obviously won't be hitting the 8-turn mission with Esther. I figure 2 out of 3 is still pretty damn good ::up::

So show me what you got Murder Bunnies! Let's re-dead this un-dead menace!

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
    Sofosaurus, T9000 and Shr like this.
  2. gwa

gwa Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther
    DANG! Another force-cleared trial, omega instantly down, the sole purpose for the murder bunny casting call - requested materia ::haha::
    Ready at fav as always, 100% copy of your request

Sartre likes this.
  3. Sartre

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther...that is all...
    H7
    Awesome, thanks! ::up:: glad I could inspire you to knock out a trial ::happy::

4. Shr

Shr Arena Grand Champion Arena Grand Champion Spooky Arena Runner Up S3 VIP Supporter Monthly Arena Champ S2 Monthly Arena Champ S1

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yes
    Gunso
    Ok i can do this bunny Esther (22).png
    After maintenance is over, tomorrow ::joy::

Sartre likes this.
  5. Hollis

Hollis Celes fanboy VIP

Japan ID:
    Leads:
    who knows?
    N/A
    bunnies are gonna be destroyed!! muahahahahaha

Sartre and Shr like this.
  6. T9000

T9000 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    500 127 564
    Amon, like the Xel'naga?
    I must try this though. Just IV the swordbow and got no one to use it lol

Sartre likes this.
  7. Kaiser_Decimation

Kaiser_Decimation "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    295 801 115
    Leads:
    Sub Account Team 296 712 116
    I’ll see what I can put up after maint

Sartre likes this.
  8. KylarHaern

KylarHaern "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    BB Rem, WHR, ACC, Sol
    All set Nem2 - don't have Undead Killer materia because I haven't done those stupid keys.....gotta do them at some point but they seem so tedious
    So i'm close to your build but not quite there.

Sartre likes this.
  9. Sartre

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther...that is all...
    H7
    I might actually ask you to switch that Sora STMR for undead killer. While your build technically does better on LB turns (I went back and forth on this as I was working in the builder), we end up losing more damage on off turns than we gain on LB turns with your current build. In a longer fight, those off turns are going to add up to a significant difference in the end, methinks. Otherwise that looks sweet! If you had NV Noctis STMR you could trade out the bunny jacket for that last 50% killer and keep the NV Sora STMR to have both maxed killers and LB dmg. I, sadly, only have access to Ardyn's STMR which has the wrong killers ::rudecat4::

We'll just see about that!! ::rudecat16::

Starcraft x FFBE collab when? :-P

Thanks for the bunny build, where can I find her?

Awesome, thanks ::up::

And here I thought the Photon Cores would be the limiting factor ::happy:::-P No worries, tho. I totally forgot that it was from the Raven quest keys, man that was a loooooong time ago ::rofl::.

Do you have NV Noctis STMR by chance? I remember you got Ardyn, but didn't know if you had Noctis. His clothes have 50% reaper-killer on them so if you have them you can trade out the bunny jacket and hit the cap.

10. KylarHaern

Global ID:
    Leads:
    BB Rem, WHR, ACC, Sol
    no dice - didn't get noctis. But I did get my freakin 6th OK and 25263th firion lately

Sartre likes this.
  11. Sartre

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther...that is all...
    H7
    That's a lot of Firion Bows ::joy::

KylarHaern likes this.
  12. Shr

Shr Arena Grand Champion Arena Grand Champion Spooky Arena Runner Up S3 VIP Supporter Monthly Arena Champ S2 Monthly Arena Champ S1

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yes
    Gunso
    I have that too, however you would lose the trust mastery of Esther and that might be important
    What about this bunny?
    Esther (24).png

Sartre likes this.
  13. Sartre

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther...that is all...
    H7
    Ah true, I forgot that all of her most important passives are tied to her Trust Mastery. That one looks great, tho, that should do the trick ::up::

14. Shr

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yes
    Gunso
    Ok, she is in slot 4, best of luck

Sartre likes this.
  15. T9000

T9000 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    500 127 564
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I dont have a second Photon Core.::rudecat4::

Also, somehow my Esther in game has 50% more undead killer with weaker gear? (I do not have ghost eater sense, too lazy)

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
    Sartre likes this.
  16. Sartre

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther...that is all...
    H7
    UPDATE!! AMON IS DOWN!!

This was just my first serious test run, and I wasn't intending to go all the way on this one, just testing the waters but I got hooked and wanted to see how far I could go. When I got to 50% HP I said to myself, "Well let's see how we handle things once he starts using Meteor" so I kept going, and I figured I'd die well before the end. I just kept plugging away, waiting for the moment I'd screw something up and then I was at 25% HP and said, "Well, I'm not dead yet, so let's see how we go with the Meteor and Ultima" and I kept chipping away at it. Next thing I know I'm at this point in the fight
    VideoCapture_20210611-141322.jpg VideoCapture_20210611-141331.jpg
    That was one of the biggest LB bombs I think I had the whole fight. They tended to average ~100 million, depending on the imbue and amp. I wasted all my Magnus abilities early on just trying to get a sense of the damage, so in the future I'll definitely save them for the final push. I get my biggest bang from earth element since Faisy comes with the 25% amp on her BS LB, so I'll probably save my Magnus abilites for that one. That was really the only time Faisy took damage during the fight (and why she's nearly dead by the end) because her Brave Shift form has an innate HP regen that I can't get rid of, so she takes a little damage for a couple of turns during the Earth element phase.

I always like to end on an LB, but I just wanted to get this one over with so here's the coup de grace
    VideoCapture_20210611-141437.jpg VideoCapture_20210611-141444.jpg VideoCapture_20210611-141452.jpg VideoCapture_20210611-141511.jpg

Can't keep a good murder bunny down ::blackmage::and thanks @Fishreca for the awesome bunny, she was perfect! ::up::

Ofc I haven't recorded anything yet. This was a pretty sloppy run and I think I can actually get this one under 50 turns if I do everything right. I'll work on cleaning up the rotation and hopefully have this one wrapped up sometime next week.

Thanks for the buns everyone, and I'll keep you posted with more updates as they come in :)

17. Obstkeks

Obstkeks "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lassgen|NV Terra|Bonus
    @Sartre do you still need bunnies for Amon?

18. KylarHaern

Global ID:
    Leads:
    BB Rem, WHR, ACC, Sol
    Just for you @Sartre - i grinded out ALL OF THE DANG KEYS so now i have 300% undead killer

haha and the stupid raven quest :-P

19. Sartre

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther...that is all...
    H7
    Yes, please :)

Haha, nice! ::happy:: i appreciate your dedication to the cause!

Hollis, KylarHaern and Shr like this.
  20. Hollis

Hollis Celes fanboy VIP

Japan ID:
    Leads:
    who knows?
    N/A
    fighting against the inevitable, still?
    [​IMG]