1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Chinese New Year Banner Review by Memel0rd

Discussion in 'Unit Reviews' started by Memel0rd, Feb 12, 2019.

1. DarkCobra

DarkCobra King in the North Arena Runner Up S3 VIP Supporter Arena Runner Up S2 Arena Runner-Up S1

Did you guys enhanced everything on chow and max his lb?

2. Ainmelypse

Ainmelypse Ascended Member

Wit why you didnt like bai hu and zhu que name? It's a chinese name okay,and are you racist?

3. Zilla731

Zilla731 Her Royal Highness THE Princess Anistasia Valkyrie Æsir Spooky Chocobro VIP Supporter Account Trade Moderator

Global ID:
    Leads:
    XWQL
    holy necro-revive

Fabell, Jianto, DanM and 1 other person like this.
  4. Jianto

Jianto Ascended Member Supporter

As a chinese man myself this is not a big deal, he doesn't need to like the names everyone has a different opinion you have to respect other people opinions ::thonk::

Cylian likes this.
  5. Ainmelypse

Ainmelypse Ascended Member

Owh so there's not only one chinese here, hmm respect other opinion? Shouldn't you say that to someone? Well ok

6. Treyblud

Treyblud "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Varies see sig
    Whew ok thought I missed something but ok...

Cylian likes this.
  7. Cylian

Cylian "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    XWQL main.
    198ish
    I thought it's about possible Ang latent abilities too~! LOL~! ::joy::

DISCLAIMER - I am also Chinese. Look at my beautiful picture. ::blackmage::

Treyblud likes this.
  8. Fabell

Fabell "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Elena,Sylvie,Zeno,SS Charlotte,Olberic
    They obviously made the unit for Taiwan (which has a large FFBE playerbase), but since Taiwan is part of GL, it would have been a silly idea to use the translation of the names (White Dragon and Scarlet Bird), since no one uses English names like that in the game unless they are titles, like "White Dragon Rain" or something of that nature.

However, to the ear of most people who don't speak Chinese, Bai Hu and Zhu Que are incredibly difficult to say (or remember). So I think Meme's criticism was valid. It's a mouthful if you don't speak Chinese, and while using Chinese names is consistent with Gumi using Japanese names in-game (like Sakura, Ayaka, etc)., Japanese has a far kinder romanization system to non-Japanese speakers than Chinese does to non-Chinese speakers.

Jerry likes this.