1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Clod Games (32) - Werewolf!

Discussion in 'General' started by Clodia, Dec 4, 2019 at 2:35 PM.

1. Clodia

Clodia Ultimate Cat Lady VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    737 523 579
    Leads:
    Grim Lord Sakura

[​IMG] WELCOME WELCOME[​IMG]

Hello dearest forum! It's that time of the month again! ::rudecat12:: This fabulous time where we aaaaaaall gather together to brutally kill each other off!!
    ...well, actually, not we. You. You will kill each other off, I will merely watch and narrate your murderous blood feast of doom. And eat ice-cream.
    That being said, welcome back in a brand new still utterly peaceful village with the greenest grass you have ever seen, the cutest sheep you will ever pet, and the most modest inhabitants you will ever meet! Oh yeah, and three to four blood-thirsty Veritas who are out to kill you dead. Mercilessly. Are you excited yet??

As always, I hope that we will have many participants, and maybe even some new people around! If you never played with us before, don't fret! None of us bite except @TheKillingJoke and we aaaaaall welcome new players with open hearts! ::happy:: Well the Veritas will probably tear your chest open to eat your heart, but that's another story.

Without further ado, let's dive into the rules, presented by Kitty Basch!

::kittybasch::Da Rulez ::kittybasch::
    Mandatory for every man, woman, and kitten to read.
    I will divide this topic into two seperate sections; an explanation of the roles, and the actual rules of the game.

Let's start with the roles!
    Each of you will receive a role, and none of you (besides a few special cases) will know any other role than your own.
    The three main factions will be marked red. Each of you (with the exception of outlaws who don't belong to either faction, but will win together with one) will belong to one of these factions, and your goal is that your faction's victory. Even if you die, when your faction wins, you will win, too!
    Normal roles will be marked blue. These roles go to any villager and make them speshul.
    Additional roles will be marked green. These roles stack with other roles, and can go to anyone, no matter their faction.
    • Villagers: Well, you are just a plain and uninteresting villager :D Haha, nupe, you are very important! You are one of the three opposing forces in this game, and you have to try to figure out who the Veritas are, and try to eliminate them before they can eliminate you!
    • Veritas: Veritas are one of the two antagonizing forces of the game. Depending on how many people play, there will be between two to four Veritas. Your incentive is to kill the villagers and secretly live among them, striking every night.
    • Zombies: The third faction will be an army of the Undead! Zombies are created at night. They will share a private PM, but are not allowed to talk to each other. Zombies are only allowed one combined victim per night (excluding Dr. Lazarov's victims), and Dr. Lazarov will be their only way of coordinating during night. Other than the Veritas who make an elaborated team decision, each zombie can attempt to turn someone individually. If no zombie attempts to turn someone, or if one person is bitten by more than one zombie, or more than one person is bitten, no transformation will happen.
    • Dr. Lazarov: Dr. Lazarov is the creator of the zombies, and therefore, on the zombie team, but doesn't count as zombie himself (making him an outlaw). He starts with creating the first zombie in the first night. He is also the head of the zombie PM and can talk to his zombies and try to instruct them. However, they can't respond. He can create a new zombie every night, and succeeds even if another zombie/a spy is targetting the same person, or if multiple people are targetted. He is the only one capable of turning a spy into a zombie. As additional skill, he can pick a zombie at the end of every other night (starting with night 1) and learn if they are a spy.
    • Otogiri: Otogiri also has the power to identify one player per night, but she is on the Veritas team. The Veritas don't know who she is, and she doesn't know who the Veritas are, unless she happens to identify them. Otogiri is considered an outlaw, and thus, doesn't count as a Veritas, but wins with them. Otogiri can't win on her own.
    • Circe: Circe has the power to see. When you are Circe, you are allowed to learn the identity of every player you like to learn the identity of, one player per night.
    • Evan: Evan can ask every night if a specific person is a zombie or not. If he happens to stumble upon Dr. Lazarov, he will be told so. If he happens to stumble upon a spy, he will be told so as well, including if the spy is active or not. If someone he has checked earlier is turned into a zombie, he will be also told so. Evan cannot be turned into a zombie.
    • Kryla: Kryla has the ability to block one person at night completely. Whoever she chooses can neither be killed by Veritas, turned into a zombie, or fulfill their nightly role if they happen to have any. Furthermore, no action performed on them will work. Following this, every daily action is also blocked, including lynching. She can't choose the same person twice in a row.
    • Locke: If someone with a normal or additional role dies, Locke can steal this role, as long as this role won't make him change factions. It will be announced that the role was stolen, but not by whom. He can steal as many roles as he likes, however, every new role overwrites the old one. He can take the role as soon as the person carrying it died, no matter if at night or at day.
    • Cloud: During the first night, Cloud chooses any player who he wants to copy. If that player dies, Cloud will inherit their role, their additional role, and their faction, copying this player wholly. As long as Cloud's role didn't activate, he is on the villager faction.
    • Spy: A third of the whole player count will be a spy. Spies are either Veritas or villagers and can have any normal role/additional role (excluding seers, Locke, and outlaws), and if they are bitten by a zombie, they will join their PM, but they won't actually turn and still count as either villager or Veritas. They will be counted as zombie in the daily role list. Their goal is to sabotage the zombies. They can also bite villagers, but the villager won't turn. By biting villagers, spies sabotage the zombies, because zombies only succeed if only one zombie out of the whole group bites one person. Because spies are sneaky in nature, they are not allowed to openly share their knowledge about the identities of zombies/Dr. Lazarov in the main thread/ Veritas PM/ Yan and Ang PM.
    • Shera: Shera has the ability to let his vote double-count if a tie occurs during the daytime lynching. He doesn't have to do anything actively, his vote just counts twice if there is a tie.
    • Yan and Ang: Those are two people (probably) madly in love with each other. If one of them dies, the other will follow. Consequently, if one of them is protected or blocked, the other one will be protected or blocked as well. These roles can go to anyone, both of them know who the other one is, and they can chat with each other during all times in a private PM. Depending on their faction and role, the couple may benefit off each other, or try to manipulate each other.
    • Lasswell: If Lasswell is killed by either the villagers or the Veritas, he survives one time. Same goes for an attempt to turn him into a zombie.
    • Roselia: Roselia is sick and highly infectious. If Roselia dies at day, the villagers won't be able to lynch someone the next day. If Roselia dies at night, the Veritas won't be able to lynch someone the next night. If the zombies attempt to turn Roselia into a zombie, they'll succeed, but they won't be able to attempt turning someone the next night, including Dr. Lazarov.
    • Lilith: Lilith can seduce one person per night to vote with them. Her vote counts double, whereas the vote of the seduced person doesn't count. The seduced person won't know they are seduced.
    • Diezell: If you are Diezell, you are not allowed to lie in the main thread ever.
    • Maisie: If you are Maisie, you have to sneak in a lie in every post you make in the main thread.
    Now that this is out of the way, let us dive right into the actual rule set! ::toad::

1. After each one of you received their role in secret, I will set up PMs for every nightly role. Everyone will use this thread as a substitute for a Villager PM, because everyone pretends to be a well-behaved villager of course! Banter and teasing are allowed as long as they are part of the play strategy, but for once, no off-topic talk when the game officially starts! Use the Off-Topic Thread for this, which I will create once the game has started. There will also be an Announcement PM in which I will announce potential changes, phase changes, or rule clarifications. Or I will yell at you.
    2. The game starts with the first night. The Veritas will decide on someone to kill (they must all agree on someone), and every other nightly role can do their nightly thing. I will ask every nightly role in person. In this variant, this is also when Dr. Lazarov creates the first zombie.
    3. After the first night, day will rise! And oh no, most probably, someone is dead. It is important to note that if something doesn't seem to add up (no deaths, more than one death etc), I won't tell you what has happened.
    Now the villagers, including everyone pretending to be a villager, have to discuss on someone to lynch. There are three steps to this:
    1. Discussion. Analyze, strategize, talk to each other, and try to find out who is most suspicious. This phase will end when I see the discussion fizzling out, or no new improvements being made. Everyone has to at least say something once before I will move the game forward.
    2. Nominating. Following this, each of you have to nominate up to three people who you think are most suspicious. During the nomination phase, further discussion and changing of nominations are allowed at any time, until the last nomination was made.
    3. After the last nomination was made, the three (or more, depending on the vote distrubution) most nominated people will be put up for the final vote. Villagers vote in secret (= sending me their votes per PM), and when every vote was made, I will reveal everyone's votes. The most voted person gets lynched and night will come again. Rinse and Repeat.
    4. Roles of dead people and current number of people inside factions will be revelead at the start of each day.
    5. Winning conditions are as follows:
    • The Veritas win if they reach parity with the villagers/zombies.
    • The Villagers win if they kill off all Veritas and are in the majority.
    • The Zombies win if they reach a majority at any given time with the condition that at least half of the Veritas are dead.
    6. You playing style is up to you! To achieve your goals, you can lie, deceit, mislead, as much as you want. You can claim to be any role at any given time. But you have to work towards your own goal, and are not allowed to suddenly switch alliances and decide that as a villager, you suddenly want to help the Veritas out.
    7. For the sake of pace and progression, there are time limits for each phase of the game (Night Phase, Day Phase 1, Day Phase 2, Day Phase 3). Each phase will last 24 hours, unless someone notifies me they won't make it in time. In that case, I will extend the phase for a bit. If someone doesn't participate 5 times within the time limit without notifying me, I have to consider removing them from the game. Participation in each day phase is mandatory for every player, and at the night phase for each player who it may concern.
    8. Reading the whole main thread is mandatory! If you for time reasons are not able to read the whole thread, please notify me and I will provide a summary for you. I don't want to provide summaries just in case, and only when you really need them, so please make sure to either read the whole thread or requesting the summary.
    9. You are not allowed to message anyone but me privately about any contents of this game. If you do this, you are out immediately.
    You are furthermore not allowed to write into the main game thread anymore when you have died (you can write into the Off-Topic Thread still), or provide any hints or suggestions. You are also not allowed to use any meta knowledge, such as displaying your private messages, or using people's online activity as hints.

10. Extra rule for this specific game: Because they were the first chosen victims last time, @Shr and @Seven are neither allowed to be the first night kill nor the first day kill.

That's it! As always, you will have one full day to sign up for the game! Please sign up inside this thread, and post as many kittens as you like! ::toad::

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019 at 8:29 AM
    r00t61, Pandaranda, Eynskaet and 5 others like this.
  2. KeybladeMaster97

KeybladeMaster97 "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter News Announcer

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Riku Bartz Folka SS Charlotte Tsukiko
  3. 808

808 Well-Known Member

4. hotaru251

hotaru251 "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    guess i'll join or else @Clodia might pester me o3o Im joking)

Clodia and KeybladeMaster97 like this.
  5. Seven

Seven Mildly Active Member VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    None; this may be a hard case to crack
    I think I'll try it out

Clodia likes this.
  6. hotaru251

Global ID:
    you got immunity so 1st night u safe.
    and u were innocent last tiem so they got no reason to lynch you asap

(but keoten killed many ppl so watch their back)

Seven likes this.
  7. Zilla731

Zilla731 Her Royal Highness THE Princess Anistasia Valkyrie Æsir Spooky Chocobro VIP Supporter Account Trade Moderator

Global ID:
    Leads:
    GL 2booty, OK, Oldmandude, Tilith etc
  8. Regalia

Regalia Professional Cat VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    Riku, Elena, KRain, MW Terra
    0xA5
    Cat is cat. And Cat will play.

Seven and Clodia like this.
  9. Noctisftw

Noctisftw Ascended Member

10. Elysee

Elysee "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther / CG Terra / Jade / CG Lid
  11. Shr

Shr Arena Grand Champion Arena Grand Champion Spooky Arena Runner Up S3 VIP Supporter Monthly Arena Champ S2 Monthly Arena Champ S1

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yes
    Gunso
    *arrives while holding a bloody knife*

I am in

Tamamo05, Seven and Clodia like this.
  12. hotaru251

Global ID:
    no. arashi decided it is ducks this game not cats (casue clod slashed the kittens)

13. Clodia

Global ID:
    737 523 579
    Leads:
    Grim Lord Sakura
    I just had to make clear that kittens are sadly not a part of the game ::rudecat4::

Seven likes this.
  14. Clodia

Global ID:
    737 523 579
    Leads:
    Grim Lord Sakura
    I laughed so hard at this. Like, really hard :D

Shr likes this.
  15. Frosty Toast

Frosty Toast Arashi's Clone VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    511 684 224
    Leads:
    Event, 2B, Raegen
  16. Regalia

Regalia Professional Cat VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    Riku, Elena, KRain, MW Terra
    0xA5
    CAT WILL PLAY.

unless you're saying that Cat isn't allowed to play? Cat is sad... ::rudecat4::::rudecat4::::rudecat4::

17. Frosty Toast

Frosty Toast Arashi's Clone VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    511 684 224
    Leads:
    Event, 2B, Raegen
    You're right. Be gone ::ink::

Seven likes this.
  18. Clodia

Global ID:
    737 523 579
    Leads:
    Grim Lord Sakura
    I have to correct myself.
    Kittens are sadly not a part of the game, EXCEPT REGALIA <3

TheKillingJoke, Seven and Regalia like this.
  19. Talien

Talien Element resistl0rd VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    130/200 all resist SS Charlotte
    "Kryla has priority over Kefka"

But there is no Kefka listed.

Seven likes this.
  20. Barroth

Barroth Excessivlipoor VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads: