1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Clubs' Gamehouse! - Week Nineteen

Discussion in 'General' started by SlightlyDubious, Jun 11, 2019.

1. SlightlyDubious

SlightlyDubious A Wild Dubs Appears! Spooky Chocobro Valkyrie Æsir VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    eTT, Event/Trial units
    [​IMG]

S'up, awesome nerds! It's Mainten-wait, hol'upaminute....

HONEEEEEY? What day is it? ::raegen::

Yes, today.

Because apparently maintenance is happening in-game tonight? And all of the events are starting tomorrow instead of Friday. ::search::

I read the dates right. Maybe the announcement guy is dipping into the sauce a little too early in the week?

I KNOW. HOW. TO READ. DATES. ::damn::

I have problems with timestamps BECAUSE TIMEZONES ARE HARD. ::rudecat15::It's not the same thing.

I dunno, I guess we do it anyway. It'll just be a longer game this time around if they go back to the normal Wednesday schedule next week and Clod's up for it. ::rudecat11::

Yeah, I know this is kind of a weird bit to do considering I live alone, but no one in the forums knows tha-ah shit. ::rudecat4::

Well, OF COURSE I'm still gonna post it anyway. ::rudecat2::

Flintzer0, aa25, Nina and 5 others like this.
  2. Clodia

Clodia Ultimate Cat Lady VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    737 523 579
    Leads:
    Grim Lord Sakura
    Hellooooo! ::happy::
    I present you a brand-new game this week! Because of your eager participation in brutally killing off voting off a bunch of defenseless characters GOOD JOB, how can you sleep at night?! last week and the week before, and then proceeding to let our poor characters suffer even more by putting them through daring movie set-ups, this time, I will throw a totally harmless and character-friendly game at you, in which you don't harm the poor poor characters, but merely each other. I mean, I'm okay with that. ::blind::

In other words, it's a competitive game again, and you will play against each other! ::toad::
    As we have one additional day this week, I decided to make a game that requires a set amount of participants, using that extra day for signing up to the game. There is no limit as to how many people can participate, but when the game has started, no more people can participate anymore. Maybe if there will be a second round, but that depends on how fast you are, you slow-pokes!

This time, we will play a card game! Are you ready for da rules? They are important. If you don't read them, little kittens will cry.

1. The objective of the game is to acquire four cards of the same type. To achieve this goal, you have to take cards from your dearest participants each round, and give them cards. Winner is the person who loses all of their cards first.
    2. Each participant gets the same amount of cards via PM, so that no one but themselves and me can look at them. When I say "cards", I mean simply the names of the card, but it sounds way fancier when we pretend they are actual cards so don't interfere with my illusion! The actual sequence of your cards is important, too, and it will look like this: 1. Akstar, 2. Siren, 3. Joker, 4. Ifrit, 5. Grandshelt.
    3. There will be different types of cards, which will belong to the same category. Each category will be obvious and hopefully self-explanatory. As of now, I don't know yet the actual amount of categories, because I have to see how many participants we will have first, but they will be things like "unit", "esper", "weapon", "town" etc. In addition to that, there will be one joker card which can complete any set, and one misery card which you can only get rid off by giving it to another player.
    4. Once every participant has their cards, you are taking turns at giving and receiving cards. Participant A has to choose another participant who has to give him a card randomly (by choosing the card number). I'll update the cards for everyone accordingly via PM. At the same time, he has to give away a card of his choice to the same person. Best way to get rid off your misery card. After that, it's Participant B's turn. And then C's. And then D's. You get the gist.
    5. Each turn, there is a chance that an extra rule will take place (randomly generated). It can either benefit you (e.g. by being able to see the cards of the person you wanna choose from and pick the one you wanna have) or disadvantage you (e.g. not being able to actually choose the card you want to give away but having it randomized as well)
    6. If you achieve four cards of the same type, you can lay them out in front of everyone and therefore, don't have them anymore.
    7. Kittens.

This is a highly experimental game, so there probably will be mishaps and adjustments, and maybe it won't function the way I want it to function, but let's find out!

You have one day for signing up, which means you'll stick around until the end and have to expect wild kittens scratching your face me prodding you super nicely whenever you may take a while to respond ::happy::

List of participants:
    1. Noctisftw
    2. joshvengard
    3. Flintzer0 - 1
    4. KeybladeMaster97 - 2
    5. FrostyToast TheKillingJoke - 1
    6. Magoya
    7. Nina

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019 at 12:12 PM
    aa25, Nina, TheKillingJoke and 3 others like this.
  3. Regalia

Regalia Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    Esther, Elly, Bart, 2B, KM units
    Uhhh, i'm uncomfortable with experimentation on inanimate-but-somehow-sentient-objects. BY said objects is fine, but not ON. I think I'll sit this one out.

I have a group project coming up and I need to focus on my classwork. Yeah, that's what I meant.

SlightlyDubious likes this.
  4. Clodia

Global ID:
    737 523 579
    Leads:
    Grim Lord Sakura
    I think an adequate response would be a quote from no one but yourself from one of my Clubs delay status posts:
    "NOOOoooooOOOOOoooooOOOOooooOoOOoO!!!! WHHHHYYYYY!?!?!? Why must you TORMENT me like this?"

::rudecat4::::rudecat4::::rudecat4::::rudecat4::::rudecat4::::rudecat4::::rudecat4::::rudecat4::::rudecat4::::rudecat4::::rudecat4::::rudecat4::::rudecat4::::rudecat4::::rudecat4::::rudecat4::::rudecat4::::rudecat4::::rudecat4::::rudecat4::::rudecat4::::rudecat4::::rudecat4::::rudecat4::::rudecat4::::rudecat4::::rudecat4::::rudecat4::::rudecat4::

Seven, SlightlyDubious and Regalia like this.
  5. Noctisftw

Noctisftw Ascended Member

I’ll join. I love card games and this game sounds very similar to go fish.

Seven, SlightlyDubious and Clodia like this.
  6. Regalia

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    Oh, I love that quote. Such a wonderful turn of phrase, such poetry! The wisdom of the ages, wrapped up in a few, pithy words.

Do go on, finish the quote! I do so love a good quote.

7. Clodia

Global ID:
    737 523 579
    Leads:
    Grim Lord Sakura
    YAAAY! Here is your Dubs plushie:
    [​IMG]

Magoya, Zach2004, Seven and 3 others like this.
  8. KeybladeMaster97

KeybladeMaster97 "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther
    I'm in now that I finally reached the two week break period during my current IT contractor job. 7 days straight of 12 hour work weeks is exhausting.

SlightlyDubious and Clodia like this.
  9. Regalia

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    ..................o_O......................::think::...........::love::

SlightlyDubious likes this.
  10. SlightlyDubious

SlightlyDubious A Wild Dubs Appears! Spooky Chocobro Valkyrie Æsir VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    eTT, Event/Trial units

Omg. ::rudecat2::

Clodia likes this.
  11. joshvengard

joshvengard "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    the hyohlarius man himself :D
    hey! it's josh back again ready to break some rules enjoy the game!

SlightlyDubious, Magoya and Clodia like this.
  12. Regalia

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    But no, I really do need to bow out. Project is due on the 20th, one of our group is out for a week due to obligations, a second has missed all our meetings, and I was the only member to actually show up to class today. I'd be completely screwed, but my prof said he'd give me an individual grade since I got paired up with all the slackers.

13. Seven

Seven Totally Normal Member VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    None; this may be a hard case to crack
    Count me in if we're not too late

14. Clodia

Global ID:
    737 523 579
    Leads:
    Grim Lord Sakura
    FIIIIIIINE, I forgive you. Maybe. If you post a cat I consider it.

Also boooo to those slackers! ::rudecat15::

You can sign up within 24 hours ::rudecat17:: YAY FOUR PARTICIPANTS ALREADY ::rudecat1::

Seven and SlightlyDubious like this.
  15. Zach2004

Zach2004 "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    285 100 700
    Leads:
    Esther, Sylvie, etc.
    School year just started for me doe ::rudecat6:: (7 AM - 4 PM schedule if that matters)

16. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lilith/Evt/Evt/Esther/Yuna
    I'm super-busy this coming weeks (T-T). If the game doesn't assume equally participation from all attendants, I'm in. Otherwise, I will be a spectator sipping my coffee watching the looming smog over the skyline.

17. Regalia

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    pHZWsXB_d.jpg

18. Regalia

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    Okay, I will relent. Have some cats.
    dMDdnm0_d.jpg sUxYV7e_d.jpg BgarEG6_d.jpg 37I8vmA_d.jpg

19. Magoya

Magoya The Leading Mustache VIP Supporter Spanish Moderator

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Summer Whip Fina, evade Sieg, LB Loren
    I think I'll be able to play. I'm in for some strip poker this card game.

20. Nina

Nina Eyes on Me Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter Account Trade Moderator

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    CG Nina
    Count me in. I'm only here for the Dubsy Plushie.