1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Clubs' Gamehouse! - Week Three

Discussion in 'General' started by SlightlyDubious, Feb 13, 2019.

1. SlightlyDubious

SlightlyDubious A Wild Dubs Appears! Spooky Chocobro Valkyrie Æsir VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    eTT, Event/Trial units
    [​IMG]

Here we go again! Happy Hump Day! (For those if you not familiar with that term, it's generally used to mean reaching the middle of the week and closing in on the weekend, and nothing to do with that other thing. I get how that might be confusing, but STOP DOING THAT TO THE COUCH CUSHIONS @Hollis!) I'd make the usual shpeel about MAINTENANCE being a dark, scary time, but we've proven in the past few weeks that we can turn that into a bright, happy, WEIRD place we can all enjoy! We're BIG kids now! We're not afraid! (But just in case can you keep the hall light on and the bedroom door open a crack? I don't want the Fujimonster under my bed to get any bright ideas...and maybe this time I won't run into the wall on my way to the bathroom because I'm too lazy to turn the light on myself) That being said, we're still getting the Baschkitties! Because I said so.

::kittybasch::::kittybasch::::kittybasch::::kittybasch::::kittybasch::::kittybasch::::kittybasch::::kittybasch::::kittybasch::::kittybasch::::kittybasch::

Nyah nyah. You're welcome.​

Aaaaaanywho, we're back again with this week's activity! This fresh, new one's brought to you by the lovely @Clodia! We're switching it up a bit this time around and making it a competitive experience, so get your nerd-clobberin' wifflebats out! (by that I mean brush up on your FFBE character knowledge and not the FFBE Battle Royal to the Death that I may or may not already be selling tickets to. (All proceeds go to the Feed Dubs Fancy Japanese Food and Ice Cream fund, truly the noblest of causes.))

Take it away, Clod! ::rudecat11::

Magoya, TheKillingJoke, Breno and 3 others like this.
  2. Clodia

Clodia Ultimate Cat Lady VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    737 523 579
    Leads:
    Grim Lord Sakura
    Helloooo, ladies, gentlemen, and cats of the forum! ::happy:: You know, the ones that are still left after... last week's... massacre...

Before we dive into the rules of this week's game, a little introduction of the game our game is based on!
    The game in question is called "Who am I" and you may or may not already have heard of it. It is usually played with a group of people (check) in a cozy place (check) with two lovely game masters (check ::rudecat5::) and loooots of paper on your forehead (che- wait.) In the real world, you know, the scary place outside of this forum you may or may not have heard of, the rules are like this: People usually sit in a circle together and each of them gets a piece of paper with the name of any famous person written on it. It is important that no one sees what is written on their own piece of paper, so they are usually stuck on their forehead for everyone else but themselves to read. Yes I lied about the two lovely game masters as in the real world there are usually none, but who cares!!! Here you get them, and there is nothing you can do about it! Mwahahaha Everyone then proceeds to ask the group questions about the person on their forehead, with the objection of learning who this person is! The person who gets it first wins! Sounds like fun, right? ::rudecat1::It totally does!! So we created a forum friendly version of the game! Tadaaa:

1. As we play online and not in this ominous real world place, these are how our game will be like: In comparison to getting your own character on your forehead, we, the lovely game masters, will think of only one character (any unit featured in BE) at a time, and all of you will ask questions for that one character until someone gets it right! If you want, you can still stuck a piece of paper on your forehead though, no one is stopping you!The person who got it right will get a point! ::toad:: More to the point system in a later rule~
    2. Everyone is allowed one question per post. Double posts are allowed, however, only after 30 minutes have passed after your last posts. Playing against yourself would be pretty boring after all, right? ...actually, there won't be double posts in the literal sense anyway. Becaaaause:
    3. After a question was asked, you will have to wait for the lovely game master's reply. Having multiple questions at once would basically defeat the purpose of the game, which is to see how fast someone is able to guess the character right! So the posting order is always: Question --> Answer --> Question --> Answer. Pretty easy, right? ::toad::
    4. You are at any point allowed to make a guess of who the character is! But you have to choose if you want to post a question or a guess. So the actual posting order is: Question --> Answer --> Question or Guess --> Answer. Still pretty easy, right? ::toad::
    5. If your guess is wrong, the 30 minutes waiting rule will apply until you are allowed to ask another question again, unless someone else posts a question (in which case there is no waiting rule).
    6. Questions have to be yes/no questions! Any yes/no questions are allowed (like, "Am I a female?"), whereas every other question format is forbidden (like, "How old am I?) Also yes, when asking, you basically ask in a way as if you are the character!
    7. Depending on the participation level, we will go through several characters! Unlike non-competitive games which are open forever and ever and ever and ever and ever, this one will last one week until we officially close it! That is, if you are interested enough to play for a whole week. You are, right? You TOTALLY are, right? ::rudecat1::
    After that week, the winner is chosen! Yaaaay!! The person with the most points will be our rightful and glorious winner, forever engraved in the forum's history and- ... well, something like that.
    As for getting points, each correct guess nets the guesser a point! Wooo! But! BUT! Every wrong guess makes you lose a point (yes, there are minus point, too). So be careful with guessing!
    8. All the fundamental stuff from the other games is still important, like no derailing, not too much tagging, no Memel0rd tagging, stuff like that, thank you very much ::rudecat5::
    9. CATS ARE STILL ALLOWED! ::rudecat1::But they still won't net you any extra points. Even though this game actually really has points. But you can't bribe me with cats! I am strong! Don't even try! I may not look like it, but I can resist tiny fluffly kittens when I need to! I swear!

10. Additional Rules: As this is our first game this complex, please bear with us for not thinking of any possbilities right away! Why do I sound like a gumi employee now?
    As the game progressed with you awesome guys, a few questions came up, which led me to make this additional rule subsection! Yay!
    First off, there is one exception to the 30 minutes rule: If you ask a question, and the answer to your question gives you the character away immediately, you are allowed to make your guess right away! It would be frustrating to see someone else getting the character because your question nailed it, right? We are not that sadistic.

And secondly, questions that can theoretically be repeated several times until you get it right are not allowed, like "Is my unit number, according to in-game guide page, greater than 1000?" Yes, I shamelessly copied that question from @aa25 or "Does my name start with an F?" --> "Is the second later an A" etc.
    If you keep asking these questions, you can theoretically come up with the unit without any other information at all, and this is not how this game is supposed to be!
    Buuut you don't have to be afraid your question may be invalid by accident, as this wouldn't be a problem at all! If you ask a forbidden question, I will tell you and you are allowed to ask another one immediately! As I said, we are not that sadistic ::rudecat5::

There is one thing I want to add: Even though the game is open for one week, we might not be able to be around all the time. This may shock you, but we are indeed two real human beings and no forum bots! No @Shr, I am not a cat bot, I just pretended to be one! Thus, we have two real lives and may be busy, but we will eventually reply!
    Without further ado... You may start! The points will be edited in this rule post ::rudecat13:: I hope this game will be fun for all of us! :3

If you need reference as to how this game would look like, I have a little example for you!
    Let's say the character is Lasswell for whatever ominous reason. Ahem.
    The game could go like this:

"Am I male?"
    "Yes."
    "Do i have blonde hair?"
    "No."
    "Do I live in Paladia?"
    "No."
    "Do I live in Lapis?"
    "Yes."
    "Is my hair black?"
    "Yes."
    "Is Raegen my non-biological father?"
    "Yes."
    "Is it Lasswell?" (This is considered "The Guess" which will net you a minus point if wrong)
    "YEEES!!"

---------------------------------------------

Important rules summary

Since there are people having troubles with the rules, I decided to summarize the rules again in a short version for people who already know how the game works and don't need an extra explanation on that. So everytime I'm screaming to you "GO CHECK OUT THE IMPORTANT RULES SECTION IN THE RULES POST GODDAMMIT" in my nicest voice possible ::rudecat5::, you find yourself here! ::happy::
    • Post order: Post order is always Question or Guess (not both at the same time) --> Answer --> Question or Guess --> Answer. Double questions are not allowed and will get ignored. However, if two people post at the same time, I will answer both questions! But the
    • 30 minutes rule will apply to both people in such a case! That means, if you are the last one to have asked a question/made a guess, you have to wait 30 minutes until you can ask a question/make a guess again in case no one else posts before you. Exception to that is if the answer to your last question made you sure on who the unit is. In this case, you can make your guess right away! If you asked the right question, you should be allowed to make your guess based on it! ::up:: And if your guess is the winner post, you are allowed to start the next round, too!
    • Forbidden questions: While generally every yes/no question is allowed, there are exceptions. You are not allowed to narrow the selection down to a few units by just asking about franchises, letters or unit numbes of the unit compendium. While asking about letters and compendium stuff is fully forbidden, you are allowed to ask if the unit is part of a special franchise when you need to confirm your already existing suspicion based on other information that were gathered already.
    ---------------------------------------------

Here we have our score table!

TheKillingJoke: -2
    Shr: 1 karma point (he redeemed himself with cats :3) 0
    Hangman: -1
    Magoya: 1 karma point (for asking funny hat questions XD) 8 ::rudecat7::
    aa25: 4.5
    joshvengard: -1
    Noctisftw: 6.5
    Frosty Toast: -4.5
    SNova42: -1
    Hollis: -2
    Galuf the Dwarf: -1
    S-Love: 2 karma points (for relieving Dubs' stress with mental support) -1
    KeybladeMaster97: -1

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
    Magoya, aa25, TheKillingJoke and 5 others like this.
  3. Shr

Shr Arena Grand Champion Arena Grand Champion Spooky Arena Runner Up S3 VIP Supporter Monthly Arena Champ S2 Monthly Arena Champ S1

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yes
    Gunso
    @Clodia is obviously thinking of lasswell. ::ink::
    giphy (5).gif

4. Clodia

Global ID:
    737 523 579
    Leads:
    Grim Lord Sakura
    I reeeeeaaaally don't know if I should give you a minus point for that or just pretend that you have won ::thonk::

5. Frosty Toast

Frosty Toast Faded VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    511 684 224
    Leads:
    Event, 2B, Raegen
    He wins ::ink:: You know he does

Clodia, TheKillingJoke and Shr like this.
  6. SlightlyDubious

SlightlyDubious A Wild Dubs Appears! Spooky Chocobro Valkyrie Æsir VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    eTT, Event/Trial units
    Pfffffft, minus a point for thinking we'd be so obvious. ::bored::

7. Frosty Toast

Global ID:
    511 684 224
    Leads:
    Event, 2B, Raegen
    B-B-but you are though....right Dubsy?? ::ink::

Seven likes this.
  8. Shr

Shr Arena Grand Champion Arena Grand Champion Spooky Arena Runner Up S3 VIP Supporter Monthly Arena Champ S2 Monthly Arena Champ S1

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yes
    Gunso
    Ohh, I don't know who she has stickied to her forehead, I just know she is thinking of lasswell, because she is always thinking of lasswell.
    giphy (6).gif

Breno, Seven, Clodia and 2 others like this.
  9. SlightlyDubious

Global ID:
    Leads:
    eTT, Event/Trial units
    [​IMG]

Clodia and Frosty Toast like this.
  10. SlightlyDubious

Global ID:
    Leads:
    eTT, Event/Trial units
    Eez fair. ::raegen::

TheKillingJoke, Seven and Clodia like this.
  11. Clodia

Global ID:
    737 523 579
    Leads:
    Grim Lord Sakura
    Sounds totally legit!

Also a little addition for you guys: If the rule set is in any way unclear, please feel free to ask! :) I acknowledge that the rules might be confusing if one is not familiar with the game. I provide a little example for you!

Let's say the character is Lasswell for whatever ominous reason. Ahem.
    The game could go like this:

"Am I male?"
    "Yes."
    "Do i have blonde hair?"
    "No."
    "Do I live in Paladia?"
    "No."
    "Do I live in Lapis?"
    "Yes."
    "Is my hair black?"
    "Yes."
    "Is Raegen my non-biological father?"
    "Yes."
    "Is it Lasswell?" (This is considered "The Guess" which will net you a minus point if wrong)
    "YEEES!!"

You just have to ask the questions and wait for the answer! ::rudecat5::

12. Frosty Toast

Global ID:
    511 684 224
    Leads:
    Event, 2B, Raegen
    Can I ask to get a note on the forehead? 'Cause I want to XD

Clodia likes this.
  13. joshvengard

joshvengard "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    the hyohlarius man himself :D
    allright fellas lets get this game moving ::ink::
    am I a boy?

Clodia and SlightlyDubious like this.
  14. Raelf

Raelf "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Zeno, Sieghard
    When do we start?

Clodia likes this.
  15. SlightlyDubious

Global ID:
    Leads:
    eTT, Event/Trial units
    No ::rudecat5::

16. joshvengard

Global ID:
    Leads:
    what? now im in denial ::rudecat6:: ::ink::

TheKillingJoke likes this.
  17. SlightlyDubious

Global ID:
    Leads:
    eTT, Event/Trial units
    You're beautiful either way, dear. ::rudecat5::

[​IMG]

18. Shr

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yes
    Gunso
    Quick question, can it be any ffbe character? Or FF character as long as it is on ffbe? Can it be anyone, including shopkeeper #3 in a town? Any other limitations or stuff I am forgetting?

19. joshvengard

Global ID:
    Leads:
    oh thx for cheering me up after a tough college day::rudecat5::, now... am i blonde tho?

20. SlightlyDubious

Global ID:
    Leads:
    eTT, Event/Trial units
    Unless Clodia has any specific preferences otherwise (she's asleep right now so I can't ask her), characters who are currently units on the FFBE roster only. ::rudecat11::

Edit: This means FFBE exclusive characters and general Final Fantasy characters (meaning from other games), provided they're currently in FFBE.

Shr likes this.