1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  3. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  4. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

[CoW Guide] Treshen the Hydra - Hints, Tips, and Clear Guide

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Sartre, Nov 21, 2021.

1. Sartre

Sartre Esther is my Goddess Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter News Announcer

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther...that is all...
    H7
    As I did with Kyros and Morturrim, I'm going to start this little guide for Treshen. Thankfully, the wiki crew has once again done an amazing job mapping out Treshen's skillset and attack pattern so I won't have to go into nearly as much detail this time around! Treshen is also much more straightforward than Morturrim, but has some quirks that make him much more dangerous than previous bosses if not dealt with properly.

So I'll start with the basics that will hopefully help just with the clear and go from there. Feel free to help out by adding your own tips, guides, team compositions, etc. and I can link your posts directly.

Wiki page: https://exvius.fandom.com/wiki/Hydra_of_Unknown_Origin

THE BASICS
    • Boss Type: Beast & Dragon
    • Elemental Weaknesses: -30% to Earth, -10% to Light and Dark | 85-95% resistant to all other elements.
      • Treshen does not buff any of its elemental resists, and only absorbs lightning and wind on a conditional basis.
    • Status Ailment Resistance: Vulnerable to Disease | Resists all other status ailments
      • Will not become immune, so you can inflict disease an infinite number of times.
      • It is pretty important that you make sure you disease Treshen once you start dealing damage, as it casts a 10% heal any turn that it is not diseased!
      • Sources of disease: https://exvius.fandom.com/wiki/Status_Ailments/Disease
    • Breaks: Vulnerable to All Breaks
    • HP: 1,100,000,000 at Level 99
      • 1.925 billion with 75% HP bonus (~950 million to kill from 49% threshold)
      • 2.75 billion with 150% HP bonus (~1.3 billion to kill from 49% threshold)
      • 3.575 billion with full 225% HP bonus (~1.7 billion to kill from 49% threshold)
    • Ailments Used:
      • ST all ailment inflict to highest HP unit on turns 2, 6, 10... (unprovokable)
      • ST paralyze (provokable)
      • If your morale is at 165% or lower for 4 turns it will proc its morale skill that inflicts poison to the party. It will continue to do this every 4 turns as long as your party morale is below 165%.
      • If your morale stays below 100% for 4 turns it will do an AoE Stop
    • Standard Attacks Used:
      • On Physical Turns (1,2 | 5,6 | 9,10...)
        • Will have 100% accuracy for all attacks!
        • Multiple AoE non-elemental physical attacks (Note: Treshen dispels its debuffs every time it switches between physical/magic damage so the first round will always be without breaks!)
        • ST non-elemental physical attacks (can be covered but not provoked!)
        • 2x ST MP drain (unprovokable, however damage can be covered while the MP drain will still hit the unit with highest MP)
        • Chance of ST Lightning-elemental physical attack with paralyze
        • Chance of AoE Earth-elemental physical attack
        • Chance of ST non-elemental physical attack
      • On Magic Turns (3,4 | 7,8 | 11,12...)
        • Multiple AoE Lightning/dark and/or Wind/Earth magic attacks (Note: Treshen dispels its debuffs every time it switches between physical/magic damage so the first round will always be without breaks!)
        • Chance of ST lightning/earth magic attack
        • Chance of ST wind/dark magic attack
        • Lightning/dark elemental magic attack (fixed HP damage: 29,999)
        • AoE non-elemental magic attack with magic DoT (only on second round: Turns 4, 8, 12...)
    • Bring your strongest tanks and lots of mitigation! (Evasion will not save you this time)
      • Treshen has 100% accuracy on all of its attacks (even magic attacks) so there is no evading these hits. Treshen will also dispel any debuffs before dealing damage on Turn 1, so ATK/MAG breaks will not save you, either. Surviving the Turn 1 attacks are the biggest hurdle unless you can pass the 50% threshold on your first turn.
      • Tanks with high general and physical mitigations in their kit are the most desirable, even if they're only good for 1 turn. Tanks like Gabranth, Snow, Behemy all have skills with 90% general or physical mitigation, and units like Diverti can grant 90% general mit for 1 turn while Shadowlord can provide 95% physical mit for one turn. Bulwark also has 85% physical/magic mitigation.
    • You can imbue Treshen to survive the physical damage!
      • Currently, there are only two units that can do this for you: Cressnik and NVA Sieghard. Both must be EX+1 to get the imbue in their Brave Shift forms.
      • Cressnik can imbue light for 3 turns so building a tank with 200-300% light resist will null all physical damage for 3 turns.
      • Sieghard can imbue Earth for 1 turn and he absorbs earth damage so you can at least survive that first turn. After that, however, Sieg will need help to survive (even with breaks!) at higher echelons unless you can pass the 50% threshold on Turn 2.
    • For the Magic Turns, you'll need 350% lightning, earth, wind, and dark resistance (after buffs)
    • Treshen reduces your lightning/earth/wind/dark resist by 250% any turn that a unit has a full LB gauge, which these days means pretty much every turn. Thankfully, it will never dispel your party so as long as you can maintain your resist buffs you should be okay. You can try to unload your LBs to avoid this, but using LBs also triggers a conditional ability (see below) so be careful with this.
    • Full Moon Karten can help turn the dark magic damage into heals with his Normal Form LB!
    • The magic DoT on Turns 4, 8, 12, etc. could be lethal to your team the following turn unless you have strong MAG breaks, so having a way to dispel your team (e.g. Bushido Freedom) might be necessary, but only if you can't kill Treshen before this happens.
    • Use your Limit Bursts wisely!
      • Using LBs will cause Treshen to drop your morale by 10% and after 3 separate turns of LBs being used it will use a powerful AoE wind/lightning hybrid attack!
      • If a unit uses an LB on the turn that you cross the threshold it will KO that unit (unavoidable)
      • If multiple units use LBs on the turn that you cross the threshold it will KO only the unit with the lowest HP that used an LB that turn.
      • If you did not use an LB on the threshold turn but used one while its HP is below 50% it will KO that unit.
      • Note that Treshen will only use this ability (Serpent Deathstrike) once the entire battle.
    • Guarding will cause it to increase its damage to humans by 50%
      • You might think it wise to have your tank guard on turns when you expect some big attacks, but this will only piss Treshen off!
    • Dealing more than 100,000,000 damage in one turn will cause it to reduce damage by humans by 50%
      • It will not use this ability on the turn that you cross the 50% threshold!
    • All of the Threshold Attacks are hybrid-fixed HP damage!
      • Which means high general/physical/magic mitigations will all help reduce the overall damage, making this the easiest turn to tank. Even Esther can tank it :)
    ATTACK PATTERN

***Note: this is laid out very nicely on the wiki page, but there isn't too much to cover so I will copy the attack pattern here for your convenience.

Pre-emptive
    • AoE 250% lightning/wind/earth/dark imperil
    Treshen follows a fairly straight-forward 4-turn rotation, switching between physical and magic attacks every 2 turns.

Physical Phase (Turns 1,2 | 5,6 | 9,10...)

Turn 1
    • Dispels all debuffs
    • Between 4 and 8 AoE non-elemental physical attacks (Tail Barrage)
      • There's a 70% chance for each additional attack beyond the 4th
    • 2x ST physical attack with 70% ATK break (unprovokable: targets unit with highest ATK)
      • The damage is coverable but the break will still apply to the target
    • 2x ST physical attack with 70% MAG break (unprovokable: targets unit with highest MAG)
    • 2x ST physical attack with MP drain (unprovokable: targets unit with highest MP)
    • The damage is coverable but the MP drain will still hit the target
    • Any remaining actions may be a combination of the following:
    • ST lightning-elemental physical attack with Paralyze
    • AoE earth-elemental physical attack
    • ST non-elemental physical attack
    Turn 2
    • Between 4 and 8 AoE non-elemental physical attacks (Tail Barrage)
      • There's a 70% chance for each additional attack beyond the 4th
    • 2x ST physical attack with 70% DEF break (unprovokable: targets unit with highest DEF)
    • 2x ST physical attack with 70% SPR break (unprovokable: targets unit with highest SPR)
    • 2x ST physical attack with all ailment inflict (unprovokable: targets unit with highest HP)
      • The damage is coverable but the ailments will still hit the target
      • ST lightning-elemental physical attack with Paralyze
      • AoE earth-elemental physical attack
    Magical Phase (Turns 3,4 | 7,8 | 11,12...)

Turn 3
    • Dispels all debuffs
    • 90% SPR break to unit with highest ATK
    • 7x any combination of the following:
      • AoE lightning/dark magic attack with 200% imperil
      • AoE wind/earth magic attack with 200% imperil
      • ST lightning/earth magic attack
      • ST wind/dark magic attack
    Turn 4
    • AoE Lightning/Dark magic-fixed attack (29,999 HP damage)
    • AoE non-elemental magic attack with non-elemental magic DoT
      • ST lightning/earth magic attack
      • ST wind/dark magic attack

Conditional Abilities
    • If not inflicted with disease: will do a 10% HP heal.
    • If any unit has a full LB gauge: will AoE imperil lightning/wind/earth/dark by 250%
      • Note: it will do this before dealing any damage!
    • If a unit uses an LB while above 50% HP: decrease party morale by 10%
    • If a unit uses an LB at or below 50% HP: Unavoidable Death (will target unit with lowest HP if multiple LBs used | will only do this once the entire fight)
    • If LBs are used on 3 separate turns: AoE lightning/wind elemental hybrid attack
    • If a unit guards: will grant itself a 50% human-killer buff (does not affect King Behemy or Noppy!)
    • If dealt 100,000,000 damage in one turn: will put up 50% human-typed mitigation (does not affect King Behemy or Noppy! Also, will not use this if you hit the 50% threshold!)
    Threshold at 50% HP (49% Hardlock starting at Echelon 5!)
    • Will not do any of its normal actions this turn!
    • 5x AoE lightning/wind elemental hybrid-fixed attack (2,999 HP damage)
    • 6x ST lightning/earth elemental hybrid-fixed attack (9,999 HP damage)
    • Note: This will not skip the Turn actions in the rotation, but rather delay them by a turn.
      • Example: crossing the threshold on Turn 2 means it will perform the Physical phase actions for Turn 2 on Turn 3 instead.

Dealing With Turn 1 Damage

This is by far the biggest hurdle for the vast majority of players that can't hit the 50% threshold on Turn 1. For me this happened around level 85 and I realized that I was going to have to start actually tanking the hits on Turn 1 before I could push the threshold. To say the least, it was a struggle and that was with a tanky AF Gabranth using his 90% physical mit and Diverti using his 90% general mit. Clearly, Gumi is trying to sell their new tank with this boss, and indeed having Maeve makes surviving this round much, much easier. But even Maeve can easily die at Level 99, so it's important to know of a few ways to get around this.

Option 1 - Tank it Out!

So you can try to just tank the Turn 1 damage, and with the proper buffs and mitigations there are a few tanks that can still pull this off, although at the expense of a unit slots for supports dedicated to keeping your tank alive.

Other than Maeve (Gumi's choice), using physical tanks like Gabranth, Snow, or Behemy are potential candidates here:
    • Gabranth has 80% physical mitigation (with reraise!) that he can use 3 times along with his 75% general mit. However, at higher levels that 75% general mit will not be enough, so bringing Diverti with his 90% general mit Grandis ability will help. Diverti also comes with an Earth Amp field so he's not a totally wasted slot!
    • Snow comes with 90% general mitigation, however it requires that he has 48 LB crysts on Turn 1 which isn't always easy to do. He'll still need external physical mitigation from someone like Bulwark (85%) or Shadowlord (95%)
    • Behemy has 90% general mitigation in his Brave Shift form, but like Snow will need Bulwark or Shadowlord for the high physical mitigation
    Keep in mind that you'll also need some hefty DEF buffs (at least 250%) so if the tank you're bringing doesn't come with their own DEF buff then you'll want to have a support unit for that. CD Aerith is great as a support buffer for those 400% buffs, but also because she can also imbue/amp light-element if you're choosing to go that route! Even if you don't use light-element, her Brave Shift LB will still provide the nice 400% full-buff.

Having some elemental-resist may also be important here, due to the last few attacks which can be lightning and/or earth elemental attacks. The earth resist is probably more important here since it's an AoE attack and will do more damage than the ST lightning physical hits.

Option 2 - Imbue the Bastard!

Even though Treshen will dispel itself on Turn 1, it only dispels debuffs and imbues are coded as buffs! So you can stick an imbue on it and build your resists to that element. Currently, there are really only two units that can do this:
    • Cressnik (EX+1 or higher): In his Brave Shift form, he can imbue Treshen with light element for 3 turns, meaning your tank can null all incoming damage with high enough light resist. Do note that your tank is still imperiled to the elemental physical attacks so you may need upwards of 200-300% light resist to make sure your tank takes minimal damage!
    • NVA Sieghard (EX+1 or higher): In Brave Shift form, Sieg can imbue Treshen with Earth element for 1 turn, and since he absorbs Earth element all the incoming damage will simply heal him. Sadly, this only last for the first turn, and Sieg is just not tanky enough to survive beyond that without external support unless you intend to push the threshold on Turn 2.
    Option 3 - Gamble Your Life Away!

Hats off to the mad mind of soul_u_say over on reddit who came up with a risky, yet brilliant strategy using Vossler to survive Treshen's full rotation of physical and magic damage! I won't write out the whole strategy here as I can't say it any better than they did. See the post here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExv...lers_meme_tanking_for_hyda_theoretically_for/

Sinzar demonstration video:

The "I Just Want to Kill This Thing" Strategy

So if all you're wanting to do is kill this thing up to Level 90 for the last xenoshards (or if you really want those last few pots and STMR tix up to level 99) then here's what you need to know going in.

Treshen is about as thicc as Morturrim and hits as hard as Kyros. So if you struggled against those two then prepare yourself accordingly. At least the MP drain is only ST this time! You'll want to employ one of the three options I listed above in the "How to Deal with Turn 1 Damage" unless your DPS units are strong enough to push the 50% threshold on Turn 1.

If you have Lara, Karten, and an EX+3 Sephiroth then you will probably be able to push the 50% threshold on Turn 1, meaning your tank can literally be almost anyone with decent mitigations. All the threshold damage is hybrid-fixed HP damage, meaning a 75% general mitigation along with physical/magic mitigation and the inherent cover mitigation is usually enough to reduce the incoming damage to a manageable load for any contemporary physical tank built with high HP without having to worry about imbues or ATK breaks or elemental resists. If you can manage this all the way up to level 99 then this should actually be a cake walk for you, but if you're like me and you don't have a strong enough team to do this then continue reading.

There are actually a lot of "clear only" strategies floating around out there and I've listed a few of them in this post. All of these strategies revolve around first figuring out how you intend to tank the incoming damage for the first few turns, followed by when you intend to push the threshold. If you think it'll take you longer than 3 turns to push the threshold then you'll need both a physical and magic tank. If you can push the threshold on Turn 2 or 3, and subsequently manage to kill it by Turn 4 then you'll only need a physical tank.

How long it takes you to push that threshold will depend a lot on your DPS units. If they are all morale-based damage (like the ones I used) then you'll want to consider ways to quickly build morale. For me, I needed my morale to be at least 120% to make my Lara, Karten, and Skye strong enough to push the threshold on Turn 2. If you have Sephiroth, then morale may not be as big of an issue for you, as his LB finisher doesn't rely on morale-scaling.

Once you've figured out your tank and DPS situation, then you can bring in a breaker, if necessary, or other support units like Ling for her killer buffs, or Aerith for her 400% full-buffs and 250% LB damage buff.

WHAT UNITS TO BRING

TANK: This might be your most important role to fill here, and depending on how long you need to clear this fight, this could include both a physical and magic tank. If you have Cressnik on your team to imbue Treshen with light, and you think you can clear in 3-4 turns then this tank can literally be anyone with an AoE cover ability. Even Esther can do it, although Noppy would be the better candidate since they can actually do significant morale-based damage in this fight. But otherwise you'll want a tank that can preferably switch between physical and magic cover such as Maeve, Snow, or Vossler (if you're feeling lucky :D). For other viable candidates see my "Dealing with Turn 1 Damage" section above.

SUPPORT: I must fervently advocate for Cressnik in this slot. If you don't have Cressnik, then I actually recommend you buy the 10k lapis bundle to pick him as your UoC because he has time and time again proven his worth in every CoW since he first arrived. For this fight especially, his enemy light imbue makes the first few turns trivial, and really frees up your party to get the job done. His morale skills will also make it so much easier to get your CoW DPS units strong enough to kill this thing in a reasonable amount of time. But he is not the only great support unit here. CD Aerith is really handy for her light imbues/amps and 400% full-buffs, and if you use NVA Elena for a DPS then you have your 130% light imperil ready to go! Ling is also a great support slot here since she can also imbue/amp/imperil light for the team while also serving as a breaker and beast-killer buffer, plus she fills morale! Bulwark can bring a dark imbue/amp/imperil for the team which is great if you're using Sephiroth. Roca is probably going to be your best Earth imbue/amp support if you're choosing to go with Earth element for this fight, but keep in mind you'll still need someone to imperil, like Kaktiria.

BREAKER: If you're using Cressnik or Sieg to null all physical damage before pushing the threshold then you don't actually need to worry about ATK/MAG breaks for this fight. You'll just want your best DEF/SPR breaks so you can kill this thing as quickly as possible. If you're trying to "Tank it Out" however, then you'll definitely want good breaks to survive the second round of physical damage. Treshen will dispel all breaks for the first round of damage, but not the second round. Currently, Kaktiria is probably the most ideal candidate for this role since she also comes with AoE Earth imbue and a 135% imperil as well as 89% DEF or SPR breaks and 90% ATK/MAG breaks and she also deals respectable damage with high morale.

DAMAGE DEALERS: Sephiroth again finds another chance to shine in CoW since Treshen has an innate weakness to Dark element, and he is indeed a great unit for "clear only" strategies. But if you don't have Sephiroth then Noppy probably takes the crown as the best alternative DPS due to high innate beast/dragon killers and a really powerful morale-based damage skill in Kupo Barrage that has been significantly buffed just in time for this CoW. Noppy can solo DPS this fight if you can build your morale quickly. You'll just need a triple SR chain partner. Other than that, the usual suspects of Karten, Lara, and Skye are all viable candidates for this fight, keeping in mind that they all rely on morale-scaling for their best damage skills. You can try bringing Angela if you have her, but you may not be able to stack her LB enough times to make a big difference, and if you don't kill it with her third LB then it'll unleash a powerful counter attack.

MY PERSONAL "CLEAR ONLY" STRATEGIES

So I employed a few different strategies on my way up to Level 99. The first team I built was centered around Gabranth and Diverti as my Tank+Mitigation Support duo. Gabby would use his 90% physical mit while Diverti granted Gabs the 90% general mit in order to survive the Turn 1 damage. This worked all the way up to level 85 for me, although I could have pushed it to level 90 if I had used CD Aerith's 400% buffs. The rest of the team was just Kaktiria for earth support and breaks followed by three DPS units in Skye, Karten, and Lara Croft. My objective was to buff and build morale on Turn 1, push the threshold on Turn 2 and then go for the kill on Turn 3.

Level 85 Team

Team:

• Gabranth (Tank) - Built with 40k HP and 4.2k DEF with 130% lightning and 150% earth resist.
    • Diverti (Support) - Only bothered to build his BS form with standard evoke damage gear. He basically is here to provide the 90% mit on Turn 1 and then use his LB on Turn 2 for the earth amp field. His LB can actually deal respectable damage here, and chains well with 3x BS. He takes the death from the threshold.
    • Kaktiria (Breaker/Support) - Here just to break and imbue/imperil Earth for team. Can deal damage if necessary but only needs gear in BS form.
    • Karten (DPS) - Using Dragon Claw+ from Dark Castle event. It has 1.15x variance, which all one-handed fists will eventually get one day, but for now this is the best wep for Karten. Only need to bother building BS form for damage. Has 300% beast and 225% dragon killer.
    • Skye (DPS) - In normal form, gave her two Conductor Batons for some morale filling on Turn 1. In BS form gave her Equip Fist and Cross Aigaion Arm. Using Karten's card for the 25% LB damage, but Ling's card or Edel's card also work here. Has 275% beast/dragon killer.
    • Lara (DPS) - Gave her Calamity Border in Normal Form for morale fill on Turn 1. In BS form she's full-on damage with 300% beast/dragon killer. Brings the 90% DEF break and morale-based damage.

Team A Moveset.png

Level 99 Team

So I had to make a new team beyond level 85 since Gabs just couldn't keep up. When I started seeing videos pop up demonstrating that you could use Cressnik to imbue Treshen, I immediately thought of NVA Sieghard and his Earth imbue. So I dropped Gabs and Diverti and put in Sieg and Cressnik. I chose Sieg for two reasons: 1) he has a 25% earth imperil field on his BS LB, and 2) because I didn't want to imbue the team with light element right away, since timing the threshold is important here. With this setup I have Sieg absorb all the Turn 1 damage while still using Earth element to make sure I'm doing maximum damage on Turn 2. Then, if necessary, I could imbue Treshen with Light to keep Sieg alive a bit longer. I only needed that back-up light imbue at Level 99, so I actually have two separate strategies with this team.

Team:

• NVA Sieghard EX+1 or higher (Tank) - Doesn't need any special build, just high HP and perhaps Wisdom of Hess for physical/magic mitigation for the threshold damage.
    • Cressnik EX+1 or higher (Support) - Built to have the highest MP and also full 80% MP reduction along with Galbana Lilies. This is to make sure he is targeted for the MP drain, and Galbana lilies gives him just enough MP to use Arcane Stimulant or to use Reraise, as long as he has the MP reduction. Alternatively you can use Philosopher's Stone Seeker if you have it.
    • Kaktiria (Breaker/Support) - Here just to break and imbue/imperil Earth for team. Can deal damage if necessary but only needs gear in BS form.
    • Karten (DPS) - Using Dragon Claw+ from Dark Castle event. It has 1.15x variance, which all one-handed fists will eventually get one day, but for now this is the best wep for Karten. Only need to bother building BS form for damage. Has 300% beast and 225% dragon killer.
    • Skye (DPS) - In normal form, gave her two Conductor Batons for some morale filling on Turn 1. In BS form gave her Equip Fist and Cross Aigaion Arm. Using Karten's card for the 25% LB damage, but Ling's card or Edel's card also work here. Has 275% beast/dragon killer.
    • Lara (DPS) - Gave her Calamity Border in Normal Form for morale fill on Turn 1. In BS form she's full-on damage with 300% beast/dragon killer. Brings the 90% DEF break and morale-based damage.
    Team B1 Moveset.png

Team B2 Moveset.png

Forum Threads

https://brave-exvius.com/threads/ho...s-that-cant-be-tanked-by-anyone-else-p.57603/

https://brave-exvius.com/threads/community-dare-the-vossler-challenge.57616/

Reddit Threads

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/qwtcz4/threeheaded_hydra_treshen_skillset_cow_s22/

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/qxur14/low_effort_guide_for_hydra_4tko/

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExv...y_level_99_clear_with_no_karten_and_cressnik/

Quick lvl 99 (no mods) Video Guides

High Score Video Guides

Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
  2. M!to

M!to ▀█▀ █ █▄ ▀█▀ VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    This game stands just because it is a "Final Fantasy" but it becomes an amazing game because of its fantastic community, thank you

Cylian, Razgriz, Sartre and 1 other person like this.
  3. Thiago Amorim Neves Reis

Thiago Amorim Neves Reis "Hall of Fame" Member

Well, noppy and behemy arent human so technically they can enjoy guard benefits::ink::

Last edited: Nov 22, 2021
    LurkerRamza and Sartre like this.
  4. Isaac

Isaac "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    702 220 272
    Leads:
    gonna be powercrept in a week...
    Thank you for this!

Sartre likes this.
  5. Omega.Prime

Omega.Prime Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Ibara/OK/Tifa/Ed/Bonus
    Awesome write-up! Thanks for this!

I think this one will be harder for me since I don't have Karten, Angela, Roca, Maeve or even Cressnik EX1...
    Got to lvl 59 with minimal effort with CD Aerith, WD Ling, Lara, King Behemy, Kaktiria and Seph, but seems to be a tough wall to get over now.

Sartre likes this.
  6. Omega.Prime

Omega.Prime Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Ibara/OK/Tifa/Ed/Bonus
    Ooh, found this one! Replacing Noppy with Seph and I'm good to go :D

Bahamut brave and Sartre like this.
  7. Sartre

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther...that is all...
    H7
    The community does indeed make the game so much more :) thanks for your support!

This is actually a good note! Behemy won't take the extra 50% damage if you guard, so that might be useful to someone, I'll add it in. Noppy can also bypass that 50% human-typed mitigation which is also quite useful, thanks for the tips!

Nice one! ::up::

8. Diceman

Diceman Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Luna,Bonus,ElriCros,Lassgen,Ibarra
    Question about the ST death attack when using a LB: Are there any safe turns to use LBs to avoid death? I'm asking because on Turn 1 if I imbue with light using Cressnik, I don't receive the death attack when using LBs. I used this opportunity to stack Skye and use Karten's BS LB for mod bonuses. Turn 2 I filled their LBs again and other supportive moves. On turn 3 I pushed the 50% threshold - using Skye's LB. The boss is still imbued with light at this point so that doesn't have anything to do with it. Was hoping to get the a second stack here and fill with Ling on turn 4 to cap again.

Sartre likes this.
  9. Sartre

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther...that is all...
    H7
    You can use LBs any turn except the turn that you cross the threshold if you wish to avoid the ST death. Keep in mind that Treshen will unload a rather powerful AoE hybrid attack if you use LBs for 3 separate turns. It will only use the ST death move once per battle. If you need an LB to cross the threshold (like using Skye, for example) then try to have another unit that you don't really care about also use an LB and make sure that unit has lower HP than Skye. Treshen will target the unit with the lower HP for the ST death and leave Skye alone.

Diceman likes this.
  10. Diceman

Diceman Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Luna,Bonus,ElriCros,Lassgen,Ibarra
    Thanks for the info mate, appreciate it :)

Sartre likes this.
  11. Toonces

Toonces Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Ed Elric, DP Fina, Lucas, Karten
    So I got it done, but I am confused at the threshold. Had a pretty decent burst (1.5 B) to get below the threshold. Ling and Kaktiria and Elena died during the attack and barely held on for the kill with Noppy and Lara. For the threshold attack, should Vossler remain in magic cover or switch to physical cover?

team: Vossler, Lara, Elena, Ling, Noppy, Kaktiria.

Sartre likes this.
  12. Sartre

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther...that is all...
    H7
    The threshold attacks are all hybrid-fixed attacks which means they can be tanked by both physical and magic cover. I assume from your post that Vossler was in magic cover at the time? He should have covered it since his magic cover has a high cover chance. The threshold turn is generally the easiest turn to survive because the damage is fixed HP damage which means most tanks with all of their mitigations will reduce the damage to almost nothing.

13. Bahamut brave

Bahamut brave Ascended Member Supporter

Thanks for this great information :)

Sartre likes this.
  14. Toonces

Toonces Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Ed Elric, DP Fina, Lucas, Karten
    Figured it out, it was the damage over time. Dispelled with Ling after pushing the threshold on turn 5 and then reapplied cover with vossler. Put up some basic buffs, breaks, imperils, and imbues for turn 6 kill. Thanks.

Sartre likes this.
  15. Jatabo

Jatabo "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    NV Tifa
    Are we sure Treshen can be diseased as many times as we want? Been using Cressnik and after the 3rd time or so, he can´t make the hydra sick anymore at the beginning of my turns.

Sartre likes this.
  16. Sartre

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther...that is all...
    H7
    I'm not 100% sure, actually. I assumed because I haven't had any issue with inflicting disease and hadn't seen anyone say otherwise until now. So the third time is not inflicting?

17. Vetur

Vetur "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lara, Skye, Louise, NV Luna
    I can confirm that disease stops working after a certain point. I had my Lara equipped with a Hisame Clan Shuriken for 100% disease. Successfully diseased the first turn (around Turn 2 or 3 is when it expires naturally... man, that doesn't seem to last long), but after that, she can't seem to reapply it anymore.

It seems the weapon keeps "attempting to apply" even when Treshen's already diseased, so it eventually builds up immunity after X amount of applications (probably 3?) like any other boss. I think Toxic Rain's a better idea, so you can at least *control* when the application occurs (when you're ready to kill and not during your prep turns).

M!to likes this.
  18. RaagisEd

RaagisEd "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Varies
    I've had problems with using the Hisame Clan Shuriken, also with the summer whip whatsitcalled. Disease 100% never sticks, but i was using magic dps with physical attack, possibly non-elemental. Chaosgrenade has been 100% guaranteed to work, but most my runs only needed it for 2 turns so i don't know if it can be extended/re-applied.

19. Jatabo

Jatabo "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    NV Tifa
    Wait, so...Considering the disease can´t be inflicted nonstop, and whenever it isn´t diseased the damn thing regenerates 10% of its health EVERY round...Either you kill it quickly while it´s vulnerable or it´s an impossible battle. Oh, and clearing whatever breaks you apply every 2 turns doesn´t help, either.

Gee, Gumi. First time I don´t think I´m gonna beat any of the Echelon 5 levels. Congratulations. Not that I´m impressed. Since lowly F2Ps like me don´t pull for every shiny, brand new morale unit, I don´t give you any revenue. I´m expendable. Screwing me over doesn´t cost you anything.

Fuck you too.

RaagisEd likes this.
  20. RaagisEd

RaagisEd "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Varies
    It gets worse, because if you damage it for more than 10% hp it puts up a mitigation buff. (which you can dispel) Best strategy is bursting for 50% of its hp two turns in a row. And then there is the part that it deals huge damage every 2 turns after it dispels it own breaks, and it gains a lot of morale per turn towards the AoE unresistable death, so it is hard to survive if you don't damage it enough quickly enough.

(It is however very doable with non-cow units and a 7* tank if you would want to give lvl90 a try)