1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Dark Kokuryu: my capping clear and general tips

Discussion in 'Guides' started by PrezObama, Mar 8, 2021.

1. PrezObama

PrezObama "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Prez
    First some general tips to help build for capping:
    1. You only need to mirage for the first 4 turns and only a single stack per turn. This means you can use a multi-stack that lasts multiple turns to cover multiples if need be. It also means you can use 10000 Needles for 4 turns or for the first 3 and then use a Fenrir Esper summon or MM Xon's LB to assist on turn 4 (since he's done spreading on turn 2).
    2. You can build for straight DPS because of number 1. Nothing else besides the first 4 turns of mirage is necessary for survival.
    3. You don't need a dedicated breaker. If you are going to cap, any reasonable break from MM Xon or your DPS will do to get through phase 1. Then the boss breaks himself by 90% DEF/SPR for all of phase 2 so any other break is redundant/worse.
    4. All of this means you can load up on DPS units. I used 5DPS and MM Xon because he spreads buffs to Edgar in the air but long lasting AOE buffs from other units may render him unnecessary.
    5. There are a lot of free turns in the second phase so you can build your 100 chain somewhere in turns 6 through 9.
    6. You can grab plenty of Dragon Killers from the Friend Unit summon (use 100% moogles) and if you need more Dragon Killer+, farm them from the Bahamut map. Don't forget Syldra's Protection is another common source of moogling 50% Dragon Killer.

My team on Fire slot:
    NV Terra (Big LB Damage, had Craftsman book for imbue, cast LB in normal form on turn 3 and 8 for LB damage field).
    NVA Edgar (Big Jump damage, nice trick here is to save the LB for phase 2 and use the lower spear imperil in Normal Form on turn 2, then you don't need to worry about refilling it for turn 6).
    NV Sora (Big LB damage, builds the kill 3x AMoE chain with Xon)
    NV Lassgen (Big LB damage, provides active Dragon Killer buff)
    NVA Tifa (Big LB Damage, 10000 Needles the first 3 turns)
    MM Xon (Spreads ATK buffs, fire imbues, Lassgen LB fill rate on turn 2 and 9, provides turn 4 mirage when Tifa is setting up LB, chains with Sora 3x AMoE on kill turn)

Good luck!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
  2. Avengerx

Avengerx Ascended Member

Thank you for the tips, but I would really love to see clears without Terra, and/orLassgen.

Cylian and TheWillAndTheWay like this.
  3. Diceman

Diceman Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    sElena,Bonus,Ibarra,Physalis,NVTifa
    I'm so close yet so far... Best score is 1.97 billion. I have optimized with the builder and it looks like I will only get a better score with good variance.

Did it with Edgar ex1 (775 jump, 300 dragon, 4186 ATK), Lassgen ex2 (300lb, 300 dragon, 4711 ATK), mmXon (150 dragon, 2963 ATK), Raegen ex1 (300LB, 300 dragon, 4187 ATK), Ifrit Rain ex1 (130 esper, 140 evo, 180 LB, 4748 MAG) and Tifa ex3 (300LB, 150 dragon, 3754 ATK).

If I had Terra I think I could do it, but sadly I don't. I've also tried swapping Tifa for NV Locke (SR chaining and 130 fire imperil), that got me to 1.94b. I could use one UoC to get Noels STMR and put it on Tifa but I don't think i want to make that investment if it's not going to make a big difference (25% extra dragon killer).