1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Dark Visions #12

Discussion in 'General' started by Tena, Apr 3, 2021.

1. Tena

Tena Ascended Member

Nobody talks about Dark Visions anymore? :)
    Always nice to share strategy!

Atm I’m rank 163, lack a little damage on Dark Diabolos, I’m afraid I won’t do better as I would need some materia dupes like Force Mysterion to improve small points.

Though I think I’ll try Dark Asura another time because atm I haven’t found a safe strategy for the no damage received bonus, so there is a little more points to get there I guess ^^

Hope some of you still enjoy this feature!

2. TheKillingJoke

TheKillingJoke Doomicorn VIP

Global ID:
    833 586 843
    Leads:
    Total Chads
    What strategy? Read Wiki -> Use builder on Terra and Lasswell (or whatever is your strongest magphys unit) -> Frag what you can.

Jianto, Cylian, r00t61 and 2 others like this.
  3. Matri

Matri "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    477 960 603
    Lost interest since we can't cap.

DarkCobra likes this.
  4. Weekendlover

Weekendlover Well-Known Member

Cant hold onto top 100 spot dropped 30 spots or so since thursday ended cba anymore not sure how much use vinnera will see if final boss stat passive stay at 60% like asura. Should have been 50% if we got that cactuar

5. DarkCobra

DarkCobra King in the North Arena Runner Up S3 VIP Supporter Arena Runner Up S2 Arena Runner-Up S1

DV is becoming more and more whale area. Just wait until they update to JP rewards. It'll be even harder.

6. RamenRan

RamenRan Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Eat it while its hot H7
    2XX
    Just clear and go, is the usual thing to do in DV (at least for me)
    Too much of a headache on capping
    Too much resources thrown off the window
    You’d lose more than gain anything out of DV
    Simply view it as “free stuff”, just cap what you can or clear them
    Don’t bother with trying to cap the last boss, they’d always make them stupidly chunky, what’s next 90% stats increase?
    Don’t even think about reaching Top 1, Rewards ain’t worth it, too much effort etc
    The cap is absurd, so screw it
    Just Sleep on DV like the rest of us Zzz

frithsblessing and Cylian like this.
  7. Tena

Tena Ascended Member

Ok... Joie de vivre spotted everywhere ...

I have fun with this, cleared Asura 2.44b with no damage in three turns, currently rank 161
    Team was :
    Faris, Assassin Shadow, Lassgen, Vinera, Bartz and Akstar/Cleomee full human killer build and as much katanas as possible thanks to Assassin Shadow’s katana resistance decrease skill
    If it can help ^^

8. RaagisEd

RaagisEd "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Varies
    Now imagine somebody using the same units (possibly not aShadow, but i don't know who instead) doing 4x your damage mostly by having better gear.

I myself don't have the CleoStar so there is "no hope" for me. Ranking #11 or #999 is just about the same in rewards. (Its not, but the difference doesn't matter to me.) If it ever was about the rewards. Being able to cap everything meant is was part of the gotta catch 'm all. Fully complete the event.

Now this is isn't possible, i don't see me getting anywhere above 5B on turn 3 even if i "invest" unlimited €/$. I didn't use any UoC's this event, no STMR tickets. (Also i now probably lost interest in getting units for the 'because they might be good for DV' reason. Much easier now to skip on future banners. So thanks gumi ::up:: a smart and for once moral move ;))

If you can think of a setup that could cap this last Asura boss, or better yet make a video of it, that would impress me. (Is there one out there allready?)

9. Tena

Tena Ascended Member

Oh i guess it’s impossible to cap it this time, even video makers are far from the cap, so at least for me, now that rank 1 is unaffordable, it’s more a matter to do the best I can with what I have!
    As you said there is less pressure to get every unit for DV situational purposes, easier to fully enjoy the feature also ^^

I earned 267000 pts on my first run, only 5000 more pts with the second with Cleostar, and it was with a team like Faris, Bartz, Edgar, assassin Shadow, Raegen and MMXon. Except Faris, all of them are long run units, no need to grab every unit in game to perform well in DV but it requires patience for sure ...

Hope there is still people enjoying it

RaagisEd likes this.
  10. RaagisEd

RaagisEd "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Varies
    There is 3 players that managed. So far. Maybe with jumping or hiding to prevent the DoT. Or maybe there is a (bugged?) dispel-ability that clears it.

I am both disapointed and enjoying it. I cannot "complete" the event, but i don't "have" to anymore . I'm sure there are more like this.

Oh i would have expected them do have more of an impact. ... checking.. i got 272.488 without them. But +5k points would not even put me in top 100, let alone top 10

Tena likes this.
  11. DarkCobra

DarkCobra King in the North Arena Runner Up S3 VIP Supporter Arena Runner Up S2 Arena Runner-Up S1

If we get the lapis rewards like JP then we have to get everything to compete for that top price. Which not everyone can. Like you said, will result in more loss than gain even with more lapis given out.

12. Tena

Tena Ascended Member

If guys like Sinzar do less than 3b I honestly don’t see how this would be possible to reach 9.9b, he is so accurate in term of strategy I don’t see him failing with such a gap ^^

RaagisEd likes this.
  13. Rafaelfras

Rafaelfras Member

I play DV to clear at first, with an S+ if possible. Nothing besides that.
    I like doing bosses generally so I enjoy the event. But I really think that they should desing, at least the final stages, fights that need tanks and healers. So people can employ different strategies and units other than damage dealers

14. DarkCobra

He's not a whale. He is super smart about using his resources and who to pull for. Plus he plays on JP server as well so he understand new mechanics and who is needed for what. But it shows you. No matter how smart at this game you are, if you don't have all the units and gears you can't compete in the end.

15. Tena

Tena Ascended Member

I agree totally with you, but even with the best units at their 3* NV and best STMR build I don’t even see what can make you reach 9.9b this time ...

I mean I haven’t seen a video over 3b yet not only speaking about Sinzar, the gap is more than huge with 9.9b, I wouldn’t be surprised we all climb 3 rank at the end ^^

16. TheKillingJoke

TheKillingJoke Doomicorn VIP

Global ID:
    833 586 843
    Leads:
    Total Chads
    Envy you for that a bit. Maybe i get the lust for trials and dv back when i play lowkey for some more months. Would be nice.

Hillgigas209 and DarkCobra like this.
  17. DarkCobra

Oh, I haven't checked to be honest. But I figured those top rank 1-10 are either cheaters or they have hit over 10 bill. Guess I been wrong.

But maybe this is why Gumi this did. Was there a buff to Asura? Maybe gumi made it so no one can cap it and making whales whales even harder going forward if they want to cap the last boss.

18. Tena

Tena Ascended Member

They surely did it in that purpose, but honestly what’s the point of a ranking with nice rewards top 1 where there are 2000 players top 1 :-|

Never saw that in any other games, and if I loved gathering so much STMR tickets DV after DV, it’s now the way it should have been since the launch of DV imo ^^

As I have no purpose and mostly no way now to rank first, I feel even less pressure to get every units and to reach the cap like before, so it’s even more enjoyable! Too bad for the STMR tickets but we get some anyway!

DarkCobra likes this.
  19. Weekendlover

Weekendlover Well-Known Member

All three of those guys are cheaters lol

20. DarkCobra

the top 3 ranked players right now?