1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Dark Visions #3 2-2 - Golden Bear help

Discussion in 'Arena & Quests' started by Mikon, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Mikon

Mikon Ascended Member

Dark Visions: I'm stuck in 2-2, the Golden Bear

Formation: AWoL, Regis, AC Tifa, Elephim, Ai Katy and Maritime Strategist Nichol.
    Strategy:Buff with Elephim, Imbue and Imperil Water with Tifa and w-cast with Ai Katy (1850 Mag) and Nichol (1650 MAG).

Problem is: I'm only able to do 5% of damage, and I don't know why, as the Bear, apparently, has no buffs!

Help, please!

Nixilu likes this.
  2. TheKillingJoke

TheKillingJoke Doomicorn VIP

Global ID:
    833 586 843
    Leads:
    Wedel Kadaj Yshtola Rizer XWQL
    There are your problems. You need stronger mages. I guess you use Sweet Nichol?

Mikon and Nixilu like this.
  3. Kaladin

Kaladin "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Maybe try using Hybrids to chain and Quistis to finish on turn 6 with her massive 48x cooldown skill

Edit: Or anybody to chain I guess since most of the damage would be from Quistis anyway ::up::

Mikon and TheKillingJoke like this.
  4. Mikon

Mikon Ascended Member

I actually have better mages, but none of them are from the same chain family. I think I have Tsukiko somewhere. If I imbue with water, does the magic turn to that element?

5. Mikon

Mikon Ascended Member

Problem is that in turn 2 the Bear utterly destroys my team by using some eletricity magic. Although... I haven't tried using a Magic tank! I will try! Thanks!

Kaladin likes this.
  6. TheKillingJoke

TheKillingJoke Doomicorn VIP

Global ID:
    833 586 843
    Leads:
    Wedel Kadaj Yshtola Rizer XWQL
    Unfortunately not. Tsukiko makes even less damage than Sweet Nichol :-(
    Xuan Wu & Qing Long can be imbued, Circes LB also and Selphies Booyaka. Though i wouldn't recommend pulling for Selphie just for DV.

Mikon likes this.
  7. Kaladin

Kaladin "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    According to the wiki, the bear uses lightning physical attacks so you would need a physical tank.

Regalia and Mikon like this.
  8. Regalia

Regalia Professional Cat VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    ACloud, MI Lass, Kuja, Bonus
    Mikon likes this.
  9. Mikon

Mikon Ascended Member

With this, I can survive up to 6th turn, the turn that Quistis heavy damage dealing can be activated... BUT... stil only getting 10% or so. Still can`t understand why so low.
    Even using her as finisher for a chain between Elena and Aurora Fryevia.

10. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Any chance you have Lulu ? She is a good Water Finisher (3x Raging Water). Find a pair of AR chainer to chain and cap with finishers work for most stages. The AR chainers are there just to build up the chain. They don't need to be high-end. Beef up your finishers instead. If you don't have or cannot chain AR frame, other family still do, but you may not be able to reach 100 chain counts.

Mikon likes this.
  11. Mikon

Mikon Ascended Member

I actually have Lulu! I will try this trategy!

AR chainers... I do have Ester, Elena and...Aurora Frievya so... hope it goes well! Thanks!