1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Decisions Decisions - Advice regarding unit investment

Discussion in 'Unit Discussion' started by KylarHaern, May 22, 2020.

1. KylarHaern

KylarHaern "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    WL Raegen, AC Cloud, WoL Lenna, PCecil
    Hey folks - back again for an advice thread on a variety of topics.

Topic 1
    I landed Raegen today - he's lvled up but not potted yet because pots are so dang scarce and I used all my atk/lb pots on AC Cloud last week so that'll take a while.

Here is my dilemma for consideration. I only have enough cactaurs to lvl up 1 more 7* to 120. I am set for trials currently especially now with Raegen/Cloud/M.Edel/BM Vivi.

I landed 2 Tifas last week randomly. She is 7* but not 120 and obviously I don't have the pots to get her atk up. But everything I was reading said she was worth the investment although now that I've got Raegen I'm not sure.

I also landed 1 Physalis on the Raegen banner.

Options I'm considering:

1. UoC Physalis to chain with BM Vivi for DV (my best CWA mage is MWTerra).
    2. Omniprism (2 in stock) Physalis although most people say to save these for limited units
    3. Forgo Physalis and lvl up AC Tifa (doubtful as I have a well invested Kadaj who can chain with my Raegen)
    4. Is Rampaging Wolf Edel worth investment considering my current options?
    5. Any other advice along these lines

Topic 2 - STMRs

So I'm considering the value of AC Cloud's STMR for his lb build and also Raegen's STMR.
    I have 1 STMR moogle available.
    I have 1 extra AC cloud unit. (#3)

Options I'm considering:
    1. UoC Cloud's prism -> 7* > STMR
    2. STMR moogle Cloud's STMR
    3. STMR Raegen's STMR
    4. Shut up....keep your dang moogle for a meta-breaking STMR and hope Cloud #4 drops

Topic 3 - Breakers

During the Raegen pull - I landed K.Edward #2.
    Is he worth the investment for his LB break if I already have Rikku/eElephim/Fid/Kryla available?

Thanks for taking the time to read and consider it all. Thankfully Raegen has brought me a bit of joy even though it cost my whole horde of lapis. Hopefully he'll be good enough to see me through for a while.

2. Vetur

Vetur Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    IF Rain, Kitone, UDD Fina, DP Fina
    What? No. Don't do that. Physalis and Vivi use completely different elements, they won't work together for DV. MW Terra, on the other hand, will help clear magical Wind areas with Physalis.

No STMR is worth wasting a moogle on unless it's a limited unit, or you REALLY can't clear a trial without it.

3. ExHaseo

ExHaseo "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    1. Physalis doesn't work well with Vivi, since they have different elements, so I wouldn't bother. I certainly wouldn't even think about investing in her until DV is out at the very least. Since she's not really needed otherwise. If you have XWQL, you're way better off using him in DV anyway. It's much easier to chain with him and he can take advantage of physical killers.
    One thing to keep in mind about chaining partners, is what each individual chainer's damage looks like. And then look at the two of them together. Even though on his own Raegan is considered stronger than AC Tifa, if you have AC Tifa and Ed chaining, you should be doing more damage than Kadaj and Raegan chaining. And if you're using AC Tifa and Edel, you're looking at about the same. I don't know who you have, but it's something you should look at if you really want to decide what would be the best. There may be no real reason to invest in Raegan until you have a better chaining partner, if Kadaj is the best you've got. It may be better to invest in Tifa. Like most of this game, there isn't a clear answer for everyone. It entirely depends on who you have and what gear you have.

2. Cloud is really only a truly great unit if he has extra LB damage from STMRs, like his own. Otherwise, he's solid for short fights, but there's better options. So if you plan on using Cloud, you should get at least his STMR. Since you already have 3, the easiest option would be to UoC or use an omniprism. I would probably UoC instead if I were you though.

3. Rikku is better than K. Edgar in almost every way. It's incredibly difficult for him to keep the 84% breaks up, and even when he can, literally all he can do is use LB. When compared to the utility and uptime of Rikku's 80% breaks, he's clearly a worse choice. So there's no reason to invest in him.

Last edited: May 22, 2020
    Wdiggums, Nixilu, Shr and 1 other person like this.
  4. Isaac

Isaac "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    702 220 272
    Leads:
    KRain, eTifa, Godrea, Physalis
    190s

I don't agree with this. I think spending STMR moogles on non-limited units perfectly fine, but only if they the following: Gilgamesh WOTV, Malphasie, Magi, AI Katy, Elena, Xon, Kaito, or Locke. These STMRs are super versatile, an accomplish a lot on a lot of units. Most limites units have STMRs that are good but not game changing (Gilgamesh and AI Katy notwithstanding). Also I broke my own rule and used an STMR moogle on Sabin (after getting Elena and Gilgamesh with my other STMR moogles), but have no regrets!!

Scheich likes this.
  5. BigNBald5

BigNBald5 CG Caius Ballad, please! VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    open
    note: you said 2 limited units in your list. (just me being a sarcastic butthole, dont mind me) At this point Cloud AC STMR is pretty awesome as well, and I dont know who Magi is (I know you are saying Nagi, but since im already being a butthole I gotta keep it going)

Chaining with Vivi is perfectly fine. Yes their elements dont match, but DV chaining on CWA is not easy to find. the whole thing is to ramp up the damage by any means necessary, and if that is the best way for you to do it based on your resources, then go for it. chaining with Vivi might even do more than Terra because of the powercreep involved as well, as long as you have the large imperil on, using an off element in magic will still do pretty good damage, you just wont get the 50% more damage boost from the main element, and you do lose damage on not having an elemental chain as well unfortunately. You just said you dont have many resources, so do what you can.

Edel is really good for SR chains, she isnt top notch, but 20B bursts are more than enough for most of the DV challenges, especially if you can fit in finishers into your team. Dont forget the Esper units come with killers that pump their numbers up even higher than what the sheets show.

I personally think Physalis is a better investment than that of Raegen because the Magic trials are where most people falter at. I was able to get high scores on pretty much ALL of the physical challenges. Magic challenges pushed me out of top ranks, but I was still able to hit top 1000 on the first round of DV.

If you are low on resources, dont forget you have your ARENA tix/medals you can summon with. A LOT of people forget about those arena benefits, so you can get a bunch of pots out of that. I have over 2k arena summon tickets, plus my arena board medals are at 183700. Every 7140 arena medals will net you 40 King Metal Minituars, 26 metal gigantuars, approx 10 of each mini stat pot 1 of each regular sized pot, and 100 more arena summon tix.

I hope this helped

6. Elrond

Elrond Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    AC Cloud/M. Edel/Op Zyrus/Elena
    Do you plan to pull on the 11 rainbow 10k summon? If so, any decisions should be made after that :P

Jerry and Cylian like this.
  7. Jerry

Jerry Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Frost Veritas, Knight Rider Daddy
    Yes, this should be taken into consideration. I'm waiting with the FFVII prism coin for this summon.

Aeris likes this.
  8. Elrond

Elrond Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    AC Cloud/M. Edel/Op Zyrus/Elena
    Yup, me too. Sitting on 3x Cloud, 3x Seph, 3xTifa, and 2x Aerith. Probably go with 2 Aerith for her STMR unless I get any of the units on the summon.

9. Aeris

Aeris Active Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    AC Tifa, UW Edel, event bonus units
    Absolutely. Hard as it is, absolutely no decisions made until after 11 rainbow pull, not even FFVII prism ::joy::

Cylian likes this.