1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Dietlinde Viability for Newbies

Discussion in 'Unit Discussion' started by Enzo, Dec 6, 2018 at 2:22 AM.

1. Enzo

Enzo Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Fryevia, Lilith, Olive
    https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Dietlinde

She looks like she's very viable for people who are just starting out, or are lacking a 7* chainer.

She has 2 chaining abilities, both of which with Onion Slice frames. While relatively difficult to chain compared to DR frames, it's still not as difficult as QH. It's also a relatively large chaining family as of now, with Hyoh and Loren as commonly found friend units as chaining partners. The damage multiplier is definitely lackluster at 4.5x (with 100% lb fill buff to herself) and 5x respectively, but it's what you can expect from a 4* base.

What makes her stand out as a good partner for those friend units (for me, at least) is her LB. It's an aoe 9-hit attack with a 3-turn 84% def break at a mere 20 cryst cost

She does have 2 flaws, though. The first is her very limited equipment selection. This, at least, can be resolved with some trial gear and some 3* base and 4* base tmr. The second is a much bigger flaw. It's her abysmally low stats (even compared to other 4* base chainers like aura and even agrias).

Of course this is all assuming the wiki details are accurate. I'm still really impressed by the 84% def break (on a 6* max, 4* base unit).

Anyways, I just got to making this post because I'd been looking at "help me" threads of returning players or newbies with no meta chainers yet, and I really didn't want to recommend those people enhance Agrias (when she's the best they've got for chaining with the top damage dealers).

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018 at 2:38 AM
  2. Carnefix

Carnefix Newsl0rd Staff Member Moderator Arena Runner Up S2 VIP Supporter German Moderator Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    416 022 660
    Leads:
    TDH Hyoh, Nyx, Tidus
    Too add to this: It requires the LB to be maxed out. :)
    The base value is still a 60% Def break a 6*.

Enzo likes this.
  3. fayleen99

fayleen99 Lost soldier, serving for Emperor itself VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Mostly Hyoh and 5 star event units
    She's low budget Option to pair with OnionSlice chaining family and great breaker for OTKO with physical DD

Enzo likes this.
  4. Manveru

Manveru Well-Known Member

Global ID:
  5. RavenZ

RavenZ Well-Known Member

she chain with Loren ...give more option to team for play a finisher or another role without use pods, her sub optimal damage(without her stmr) is very good,i own fryevia and kurasame but she is going to be my new main character in 2 days.

6. Talien

Talien Element resistl0rd VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    120/140 all resist Basch
    I wonder who proofread that. A female character having a name starting with "diet" is just asking for gumpi to be made the butt of even more (well deserved) jokes.

7. Scoustar

Scoustar VIP VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Tidus/Trance Terra/Whomever you need
    140ish
    What does diet translate as from german to english? (assuming it's german)