1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Do we know, roughly, what NV banners will look like?

Discussion in 'General' started by Realityfelon, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Realityfelon

Realityfelon Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Xuan Wu and Quin Long, Tifa, Karten
    I'm trying to plan out my Lapis spending and I'm debating if I'm going to grab this 10k STMR moogle or not. Basically if The only way you can get NV units is to throw Lapis at 10+1 summons, I'm going to stick with the older units that get Brave Shift Versions.

But if there's some kind of improved odds for NV units, I might save my Lapis for that. Anyone have any idea? I've watched some JP version pull videos and honestly it SEEMS like there's no system, it's just spend for a 10+1 and take your chances.

2. Regalia

Regalia Professional Cat VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    ACloud, MI Lass, Kuja, Bonus
    Ummf. AFAIK, the normal rate is like, 1%, and it seems like normal banners and step ups, but I don't know how the banner rate affects things. And now that we've confirmed that Limited units can be NV as well, some kind of guarantee is almost MANDATED.

3. victor sant

victor sant "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    437 540 226
    Leads:
    Edward, XuanWu, Kryla, Physalis
    JP banners have 10% rainbow. It have been 1%~2% for base NV (starting at 1%, increasing as the pool expands. with 1% featured and the rest off-banner), 1.5% for 3 units (that can be either old units awakened to NV, or new units without NV), the rest of the 10% being off-banner rainbows only.

JP has no step ups, but had some random promotions:

- each 10+1 gives a tickets, for 8 you can get the banner NV unit.
    - for each 3x 10+1 you do, the 4th is free.
    and some others less relevant

Those are the two I remember

Also, they gave unit shards for free through some methods (daily rewards, event rewards...), If you do everything you are guaranteed at last enough shards to EX+1 a unit.

One thing to notice is that for some of the old units, if you don't pull for them, you will be only able to get them from the EX pool, as most of them aren't part of the refined pool.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
    ShinJay likes this.
  4. Realityfelon

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Cool, thank you, I appreciate it. Might end up sitting on my lapis for a while instead of chasing another STMR Ticket and 10 Random rainbows.

5. Ashlag

Ashlag Avoid political talk here, it's a landmine Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Great shit, I swear
    19x
    That should be the 40k lapis safety net I heard of. So yeah, quite expensive, but afaik there are more lapis in circulation too currently in JP.

6. Matri

Matri "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    477 960 603
    So when old units get NV awakening, they aren't released with some kind of rerun banner?

7. ShinJay

ShinJay Ascended Member

Global ID:
    I really want a NV Gilgamesh.
    OMG! They need to have separate banners so we can at least still summon old 5* units or maybe slowly add units to the 5* Select Ticket Summon Pool. But I guess the bright side is that we at least get dailies and event rewards that will help in the NV Era.

8. Vosler

Vosler Ascended Member

Global ID:
    955 681 277
    Leads:
    Ed Elric, Randi, Karten, Event Units
    I've not done this as I hoard units, but this has to suck for all the people who have sold 5* units to the Trust Coin shop.

9. Matri

Matri "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    477 960 603
    Thats their own fault if they didn't listen to people when we said DO NOT sell 5* units... but yeah it also sucks that a 7* copy WITH its STMR is apparently only worth a regular 7* copy. Makes absolutely no sense at all. Especially for units that have decent STMR's....like my 9 BSS's right now is 2 7*'s with STMRs but apparently I might as well only have 7 BSS's.

Vosler and DarkCobra like this.
  10. Isaac

Isaac "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    702 220 272
    Leads:
    KRain, eTifa, Godrea, Physalis
    190s
    My thinking was that the stmr moogle
    Is super valuable for the NV. If you have 5 tifas, add a stmr moogle and you have 7 tifas, which you need for nv+1. My understanding is that a guaranteed nv is 40,000 lapis, and you may need more lapis than that to get it +1. I would not use lapis on a new NV until the unit 2xs free units or is a god level support

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
    Cylian and Realityfelon like this.
  11. Ender7477

Ender7477 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    They are dropped on the banner of the new NV unit they are released with. So you have a better chance of pulling them at the time they are new. I think 5* that get NV are also added back to the summonfest/refined pool.

12. Talien

Talien Element resistl0rd VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    130/200 all resist SS Charlotte
    What will they look like? Trash.

SadPanda and Isaac like this.
  13. Realityfelon

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yeah that was where my mind was going too. Really I'm just being indecisive.

14. victor sant

victor sant "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    437 540 226
    Leads:
    Edward, XuanWu, Kryla, Physalis
    It is something stupid to do. If 7★ should have teach something to people is to never discard 5★ dupes, you never know when they will become useful. And such a small reward as 500 trust coin is totally not worth the possibility of disappointment.

Vosler likes this.
  15. Cylian

Cylian "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    XWQL main.
    198ish
    Actually just here to say that I still dont have OG Gilgamesh, FOUR years later. ::joy::
    In my case, my mind was made up in the opposite direction - would basically stop pulling for any NV banners, and go for value-for-lapis deals like 11r + STMR pulls. Because ...
    Yah, in this sense the STMR moogle is like 2 extra units. Will urge people to use them wisely.

Without a guarantee like GL on NV banners, it can be a pointless exercise. I still didnt regret not going for Xon on Black Friday for this reason. I repeat, when NV hits, I may stop pulling entirely. This FoL could be the last one I buy then.

For the Hoard~! ::toad::::cactuar::::doink:: (best looking "orcs" I can find in the forum).

EchoEchoPotato likes this.
  16. Vosler

Vosler Ascended Member

Global ID:
    955 681 277
    Leads:
    Ed Elric, Randi, Karten, Event Units
    Yes, it is rather stupid how they are making it almost a bad thing for you to get the STMR instead of saving them all for NV fusion purposes. Having the STMR should put a flag up that it requires less remaining units instead of making it equal to a regular 7* without the STMR.

Cylian and Matri like this.
  17. SadPanda

SadPanda Ascended Member

They'll all have an image of a black hole with our lapis getting sucked in. :)

Talien likes this.
  18. thesodox

thesodox Ascended Member

Global ID:
    002 352 690
    no idea tho XD
    but i know for sure that, even you hoard 100k lapis, you still can't get the NV.

its like hopping 99% hit chance to miss...

DarkCobra likes this.
  19. daima

daima "Hall of Fame" Member

It's your soul and the one of your now-totally-slim wallet.

20. Avengerx

Avengerx Ascended Member

I think right now we have no real way of knowing how Gumi will implement it. Seeing as we got a totally different "summon fest" our NV banners might also be totally different than the JP counterpart. I would be satisfied with a global 10% summon rate in itself, both on EX and banner summons.

Realityfelon and BurningKarma like this.