1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Dome Exploration Hard... is it though?

Discussion in 'Rants, Raves and Accomplishments' started by Tamamo05, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Tamamo05

Tamamo05 "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Breaker or event
    So... yeah, I should be sleeping right now. Does aa25 already did this challenge... he posted about alexander huh.
    anyway

Turns out I haven't buy all the tickets from type-0 event even though I bought that 15% atk...
    since I'm bored, I decided to tackle the dome exploration. the hard one! no wiki! and no rainbows!

However my WoL and VoE were in expedition, so Wilhelm jr aka Ozetta is available so I put her with I.Nichol in the team. It's chinese new year huh? I also need a breaker to accompany I.nichol... Ling it is, geared to 100% evasion, just in case! Summon mission? Garnet will give her best! ...Xon for the lulz and the mirror of fate. No rainbow means no rainbow, friend list all rainbow? skip! yolo!
    Yep, seriously. You might realize there's no DPS on the team and Xon is geared for utility not DPS.

Midway the exploration, while fighting the first (and only) random encounter, I realized that Xon was originally set to brought Bahamut yet I changed his esper to siren for the angel song. Fortunately Garnet is equipped with grandpa Ramuh. Play the nox divina, Noct! Grandpa scorched the earth and the enemy with the help of Garnet and her evo mags.
    Then come the puzzle section and I wavered a bit. What if I need to redo this puzzle? I just brought a for the lulz team...

When the puzzle ended, it's time for the boss battle. I.nichol order Ozetta to cover the team while breaking the boss. ...cannot be atk/mag broken!? oh no. Garnet uses her LB! Summon gauge is full!
    Ozetta fortunately able to tank the hits and the magic attack wasn't that damaging. whew.

2nd turn, Ling debuff the def/spr (and ele res since it's enhanced) then Garnet summons Ramuh. 57% HP left?? ...wait what?
    "Hmm... what if this boss has threshold though?" I thought to myself, based on the experience of past challenge bosses.

After second summoning of Ramuh, the boss fall to 18% HP and it does get a new move. Fortunately Ling's 100% evasion easily covered the team while Ozetta drawing the mine move from the boss. slowly but sure I filled the summon gauge and summon grandpa Ramuh for the 3rd time on this boss. Third time the charm and it's done. OBAMA...
    Wait what? it's DONE!?
    Sun hold up what.jpg

So yeah. Please challenge this boss without *7 lol. or maybe just a solo *7 maybe? Btw siren's angel song is used and doesn't really hindering.

Unit's equipment:
    Esper: Ramuh *3 lv. 60
    Holy wand (kinda shaky on my no *5 rules since it is chamber of arms weapon)
    evoker horn (evo mag +10%)
    minerva bustier (element resist)
    ribbon
    prodigy google (I consider this free TMR)
    Evo mag +10% x4
    Esper: Fenrir *3 lv. 32
    Geared toward 100% evasion
    vishnu vest (element resist)
    twenty sided die (20% evade!)
    auto limit for entrusting
    Esper: Golem *3 lv. 60
    Frying pan (IW: HP +7%, Spr +15%)
    Aegis shield
    Grand helm (it's easy to do that 2 headed dragon now, right?)
    dragon mail
    Jake pirate's ring
    Wrapped gift (defensive stats and auto provoke)
    True spirit of freedom, mechanical heart, null paralysis, patriotic recall

HP: 8465; Def: 513; Spr: 314
    Esper: Phoenix *2 Lv. 40
    Staff of osiris for hp up
    metal slime shield for ailment resist
    Aria's ribbon
    Doctor Garment
    magic barrier device
    the good chamberlain (counter phys/mag attack with party heal)

mog wisdom
    adventurer IV
    Thirst for Survival
    Imperial Talent
    Esper: Siren *3 Lv. 60
    bowie knife
    Winged Saint
    raven beret
    butler's uniform
    ribbon
    pod 153 (heal and chaining moves to generate LB cryst and summon orb)

Adventurer IV
    MP +30%
    Spr +20%
    World Destroyer (whoops, is this counted as *5 tmr? I mean it came from fighting something which rainbows is needed)

(Image source: Dumb RWBY by Eunniverse)
    (Dumb RWBY contain spoilers for RWBY so you better catch all RWBY episode before reading it)

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  2. Tamamo05

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Breaker or event
    Ya know... 100% evasion unit is not for the lulz if you think about it. But well, I guess I am a veteran?

Obligatory @aa25 summon!
    I don't think it's worth to summon the other kupo...

Frosty Toast likes this.
  3. Frosty Toast

Frosty Toast Lord El-Melloi II VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    511 684 224
    Leads:
    Event, 2B, Raegen
    Wow.....great job! I duoed this with just Fryevia and Ace ::ink:: Ace for MP and Fry for solo damage.....one shotted the boss XD

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  4. Tamamo05

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Breaker or event
    That's two unit clear dude! ::raegen::
    But yeah, I can imagine that monster being frozed by fryev

Frosty Toast likes this.
  5. Tanatos

Tanatos Guest

After some time in this game we forgot that even Sol was hard w a average team. No good gears, no good 5* units... good times.

Frosty Toast likes this.
  6. KWFFBE

KWFFBE Coffee Monster VIP

Leads:
    Sophia, Esther, 2B, Sylvie
    hard or easy tag on the missions isn't really an indication on the difficulty of a mission... if any thing the energy cost is a better indication of how hard a mission may be, but even that too can be misleading

7. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lilith/Evt/Evt/Esther/Yuna
    Redo the boss just for you. Here is my style of doing it. (I usually have different MO though. I use all TMR I have without restriction.)

Hope you enjoy the video :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ooy671m1l4tt2ox/20190211_060047.mp4?dl=0

Tamamo05 likes this.
  8. Tamamo05

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Breaker or event
  9. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lilith/Evt/Evt/Esther/Yuna
    Actually, Dietlinde also does over a half of the job. Her LB at lv24 is 83% DEF break.

Tamamo05 and fletcha like this.