1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

DV Teams (WIP)

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Fabell, Jun 30, 2020 at 11:35 AM.

Tags:
  1. Fabell

Fabell "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Elena,Sylvie,Zeno,SS Charlotte,Olberic
    Disclaimer: I don't know much about DV! But I wanted to put up a document that I can edit and make known to others (if it's helpful), to show which units are really good at certain kinds of damage.

There's probably better stuff out there. Feel free to let me know other resources that are better.

(I'm focusing on magic first since physical attackers can be imbued, and few magical attackers can utilize imbues in their damage.)

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Masvroh and Infreus like this.
  2. seilaoque

seilaoque VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    DPS for latest trial.
    19x
    so far, it really seems that the correct way to go in mage stages right now is using Monks with Elly....
    imbue them the same way you do with your physical attackers and be happy.

they will oudtdamage almost every single mage.

3. Backosteel

Backosteel "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

No monks or Elly... DV magic stages are not kind to me. But holding out for Ace/Rem soon(tm)!

And by "no monks," I have A Fry, Kurasame, and Choco Fina who can be "monks," but they are not even Elena level... let alone XWQL...

4. Regalia

Regalia Professional Cat VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    ACloud, Lezard, Paine, MI Lass, Bonus
    Okay, first off, put elly in ALL you magic teams. Both her LB and her CD can be imbued, so she'll work as a finisher for ANYthing.

Focusing on CW and CWA (and excluding a few oddballs like Noel and Quina):
    Fire and dark magic are two of the most common elements, with 9 CWA and 12 CW chainers each. The rest of the elements are much harder to find, especially light.

THUNDER: Hein has CWA, as do A Kefka, W. Shantotto, BM. Vivi, and Lezard Valeth (Limited). Not that many, but better than some. CW is limited to just three: Y'shtola (L), A. Kefka, and Livid Shantotto.

Water: CWA is basically Sweet Nicky, W. Shantotto, 4W Physalis, and eElly (L). CW is Livid Shantotto and Y'shtola (L). The upside, of course, is that you can use flood chains to support a finisher like eLulu, and that's much easier to put together.

ICE: Hein has CWA ice, as do A. Kefka, Sweet Nicky, and BM Vivi, but none of those are terribly popular units. The only other units with CWA ice are all limited/seasonal. And aside from Vivi, Levinson (L), Gilgamesh (L), and Sweet Nicky, none of them are anything close to meta, either. You could drop down to regular CW and get more options [Christine (L), K Fina, L Shantotto, Gentiana (L), Y'shtola (L)], but none of those are particularly powerful by today's standards, and most of them are limited besides.

EARTH is a pain. Regular CW gets you WLDF, Y'shtola (L), Xande (L), Circe, and Exdeath... but none of those are terribly good options except for WLDF. CWA is hardly any better: WLDF, DD Vanille, Serah, and eElly (L). That's it.

WIND is no better: CW is kinda common, but mostly weak: Y'shtola (L), L Shantotto, Exdeath, MW Terra, and Morgana. Yeah, nothing really powerful there... CWA is a bit better, but most of the good options are new: eElly (L), Yunalesca, MW Terra, Mystina (L), 4W Physalis, DD Vanille, Serah. So the best options are a pair of limited units (Elly/Mystina) and two brand new mages (Serah/Physalis)

LIGHT is the real bitch. Three CWA units. Just three: Serah, MW Terra, and DP Fina. That's it. CW is the same: K Fina, Sol, and MW Terra. Only three.

The problem is, how many monks do we even have? WXQL, and who else?

EchoEchoPotato likes this.
  5. Skye

Skye "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Edel/Yun, Regina, MWTerra, Rab
  6. BigNBald5

BigNBald5 CG Caius Ballad, please! VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    open
    Guess you gonna just skip the most important mages: Finishers. That is the real focus on mage stages since the AOE chains dont overkill. Finishers are the way to go.

The big finishers are:
    Fire (Roy Mustang), Dark (Vivi), Thunder (Sakura of the Delta Star), Elly (any element).
    Decent finisher include water (LuLu)

Sweet Nichol is an exception because his Chains are ST, so they can overkill as well.
    Serah can do light, earth, and wind ST CWA frames at 48X damage for 1 turn if you can pull off all of her pre-requisites as well.
    Good option if you can pull off Tcast AR chains for them to "finish"

Hybrids/monks/supports to build ST chains up that can overkill, with big finishes by those listed. Not too many choices at all.

7. Regalia

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    Go back and re-read the very first sentence in my post. ::eyeroll::

8. hotaru251

hotaru251 "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Lila <_<...

9. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Imo, I don't think any other chain family beside AR matter much here. You are going to have to use 3-4 chainers in those other families to each doing T/Q cast to reach 100 chain counts anyway which in turn limit your dmg instead of slotting in 2-3 finishers along with 2 AR chainers.

Once you use 2 AR chainer to make a chain, you can pretty much throw in any other chaining move into the mix without having to worry about chain family anyway.

Of course, if you aim only for completing the event, not for scores.

10. Regalia

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    Yeah, but the AR chains aren't doing much actual damage on the magic side of things, and I don't have many magic finishers. I have SoDS for thunder, Lulu for water, Elly for whatever I can imbue... So I have, at best, two finishers.

And I'm having trouble gearing them. Like, I look at my stuff and go "awesome," and then it takes me 5 turns to kill something that y'all are killing on turn 1 or 2. CWA is a pain, but I can at least get that to actually kill stuff.

11. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Sure, if you don't have other options, going with 3-4 chainers is probably what you have to do.

But, if we are talking about the direction you should develop your roster t, you go for finishers. (As in, pull for them, UoC them, etc.)

imo, to put it in the other words, there is no point pulling for top-tier CWA/BS/CW standard chainer with moderate burst dmg for DV. Instead, the next time there is a AR mag chainer being released, it is an option to think twice about for DV.

Beside chain count, getting score based on burst dmg is another reason to go for finishers.

May be I misunderstand OP's point. I'm thinking about DV team template and good options. May be the OP is talking about what compromising options player can do.

12. BigNBald5

Global ID:
    Leads:
    open
    you only mention 1 finisher. that is not focusing on finishers as a whole. I read that. Your post lists chainers pretty much

13. Regalia

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    Because, as you pointed out, there is a distinct lack of magic finishers. 5 total, and two of the better ones are limited units. And if you have Elly, a TDW, like OP does, you can easily imbue or equip an offhand elemental weapon for any of the four elements she doesn't cover already. One stop shop.

Now, Type-0 is supposed to have a couple of Elly style finishers, and those banners are supposed to be coming soonish. For multiple finisher shenanigans, that's what you want to focus on, not using UoC or other resources on units that are only going to work 1/16th of the time.

BigNBald5 likes this.
  14. BigNBald5

Global ID:
    Leads:
    open
    that is how i play anyways, figuring things out. mages have always been at a premium for me, let alone good ones. Ive had to rely on Hybrid way back from the original Bloody moon battle with 2 Lightlord as my dps.

Regalia likes this.
  15. Cygnes

Cygnes Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yes
    Quistis with Homing Laser is also a budget Elly for anyone that doesn't have her.

Regalia likes this.
  16. Regalia

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    Ouch. Yeah, only hybrids I have are Lightlord (STMR), Fryevia and Elena (6 copies each). No, scratch that, just got Kurasame to 7* (pulled both this month), and I have a 6* A. Fry who's been sitting there forever. No Nagi, though. Wish I had her...

On the other hand, I'm overflowing with mages, despite never really pulling for them. 7* Lezard Valeth, Mystina, SoDS, Elly, Wizard Shantotto, Lulu, WLDF, MWT, Hein, Circe, L Shantotto, Morganna... and then I have a 6* Yunalesca, BM Vivi, Pal & Por, 4W Physalis, K Fina, A Kefka, and Sweet Nicky.

...and aside from the VP and XG units, they're all off banner. Heck, the first couple of Elly I pulled waaaaaay back when she first came out were from a handful of tickets I threw at it. Seems to be working for me so far.

So yeah, the pain is real. I've never felt pressured to pull for Hybrid because my mage game is so solid, but then DV rolls around and I can't ask around for someone to put up a dupe... and I've been neglecting finishers in general as a waste of resources when chainers work so well for me on trials...

Ugh. DV is forcing me to ::shudder:: learn and grow as a player...

TY for reminding me! That's a good point.

17. Prime2u

Prime2u Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Choco Fina is similar to WXYZ, but a lot weaker.
    For light, Rena might be interesting, will take some fiddling to figure out... she might element chain with hybrids fairly well though.

18. BigNBald5

Global ID:
    Leads:
    open
    As for now I do have 4W Physalis but there is nothing to use her power on. Her, a dupe, and Elly will put some big hurt on shit. Maybe ill be able to use her in the Veritas trial

19. Cygnes

Cygnes Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yes
    I wouldn't write off FW Physalis for DV. She may not be able to get a full multicast off but her CD burst is still pretty good. I lucked into a 2nd copy and added 300m damage on 2-5 by adding her.

20. BigNBald5

Global ID:
    Leads:
    open
    I use her for water and wind stages, gotta use her on minimum turn 3. I know how to make it happen