1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

(easy tips and easy battle) for Scorn of the Intangir - Xon + any chainers

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Syuri, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Syuri

Syuri ♥ evade prince, kupo!! ♥ VIP Supporter

Hello kupo,

i rarely found any thread related to this trial in this forum -> Scorn of the Intangir
    so idk whether people find this trial easy or hard.. :D (i found it challenging tbh when do it with main team)

so if you still need some insight for this battle -> cheesy method already discovered -> use Xon and at least 2 chainers

What you need :
    1. Xon with enough spr to survive the first meteor
    2. Xon should have DC (sold from previous KM) and enough mp refresh (min 12/turn) and paired with phoenix that learned raise
    3. if you don't have xon that can survive, bring 1 additional healer with high spr to survive first meteor
    4. 2 any chainers (hybrid will be prefered since intangir spr is less than def) that only focus build high atk/mag/spr if based on spr and killer
    5. those said chainers should have petrify resistance and enough mp refresh/turn, or at least unit like orlandu that have lance to sustain his mp, or bring enough mp item -> there is no "no item" mission, so you can spam those hoarded elixir
    6. avoid using ROL, read along to know the reason

Q: and that's it? no tank? no healer?
    A: yes you read it right.. no tank no healer needed, only 1 any additional healer to survive the first meteor and revive xon

Q: and how to do it?
    A: okie, i will continue this wall of text, be prepare kupo

1. xon will survive while other dps probably dead, but if you using unit that have evade fatal damage like fryevia, then she will live with 1 HP... or another option is bring 1 buff spr healer (ayaka for example) that can survive this 1 turn
    --- this is the difference if you have fryevia/friend fryevia, you do not need xon that can survive the first meteor, fryevia can use phoenix down to revive xon
    --- but then again not everyone have fryevia (aka me) and not everyone has farm the ice elemental weapon tmr (aka me again)

2. if xon survive next turn, use DC raise to raise the dps.. if you using fryevia, use her to phoenix down xon.. or use your additional healer to revive xon or all the unit
    3. next turn -> you need to attack with the dps or the healer!! but xon go lie low -> all the unit probably will dead in the end of intangir turn -> !!! in this phase carefully read what the intangir do before he end his phase -> drifting off / dozing off / in deep sleep

next action will branch depend on what intangir do before he end his sleep
    IF drifting off / dozing off -> xon can DC raise the dps, let the additional healer dead since her/his purpose only to revive xon
    IF in deep sleep -> xon do lie low again until he drifting off / dozing off

so the cycle is
    1. xon survive meteor (or one unit survive meteor)
    2. intangir drifting off/dozing off -> xon DC raise
    3. dps attack/esper/LB , xon lie low
    4. back to turn two if intangir do drifting off / dozing off, or lie low if he use in deep sleep to fix the cycle

additional info, if somehow your dps alive by ignore the fatal damage or by luck and this said unit do counter or holy from ROL!! -> xon need to lie low again because it count as an attack and intangir will wake up

and continue this cycle until the boss dead.. near the end, you can use xon twist of fate to steal and dispel the buff from intangir, and do the LB thing to kill the boss..

congratulation, you win..
    hip hip horray..

in my video below, i put another unit which is cedona, because she has 1 turn remove herself and can use raise (white affinity magic), i purposely use her to fasten my battle, but even if 2 chainers, you will do fine, just takes time..

Q: i have chainers but i don't have or can't built the xon..
    A: i can lend you my specific built xon if u need him..

Q: i have fryevia or other unit with evade fatal damage, so i don't need xon that can survive the meteor, right?
    A: yes, correct kupo..

Q: so tell me again this additional healer purpose
    A: the healer purpose only to survive first meteor since healer usually easy to build high spr.. then use the healer to revive xon or all the unit.. after that, let the healer dead..

Q: so the team comp?
    A: xon DC raise from phoenix (mp refresh 12/turn), 2 chainer (petrify resist and have mp refresh/osmose/lance), 1 additional healer just to survive fist meteor

Q: why petrify resist?
    A: because petrify is count different than other ailments. Once the unit is petrify, the unit cannot dead and cannot be raise.. need "stona or specific skill" to release the petrify.. while if the unit paralyze/other ailment except petrify, the unit will dead from intangir attack and can be raise, hence this method lie low-DC raise can be applied

Q: can healer with CC do the trick?
    A: CC have rng 3-5 turns, thus if you keep come out from hiding when intangir use deep sleep, you cannot do anything except keep hiding.. and while you hide, intangir will sometimes heal his hp back.. no good if he alwaya back to 100%.. but if you use it as secondary option along with xon, feel free to bring the unit with CC..
    In fact, u can use (ex ayaka) with CC as lone support, as long as your team can deal more than 20%, better more than 30% or more to overcome intangir heal while ayaka go to hide..

Q: can i bring my own xon too?
    A: yes, your xon use twist of fate or use him like i use cedona

Q: is it better to chain or dispel first?
    A: if you have spare unit like in my video, then use dispel then chain, that yield more damage

Q: so if intangir dozing off/drifting off, use xon DC raise, am i get that correct?
    A: yes, absolutely correct

Q: xon rotation is DC raise -> lie low -> DC raise -> lie low?
    A: yes, but if intangir use "deep sleep" before he end his turn, the cycle can change to DC -> lie low -> lie low

Q: any other option beside xon?
    A: cedona or emilia.. but both is not recommended as single DC raise since their 1 remove caster skill will change to other skill if use back to back.. and if intangir use "in deep sleep" you screw because they cannot hide again.. but as additional DC, cedona can equip raise while emilia cannot

Q: why this boss heal his hp back?
    A: yes, he use it sometimes when he awoken from deep sleep, don't worry about it

Q: is it possible to use my own main team? tell me some tips for normal battle
    A: ofc kupo.. it is possible.. need provoke tank, aoe magic tank, aoe or innate null ailments..
    the boss have 2 rotation, mainly after pre-emptive strike, you don't want to damage the boss or use LB/esper.. use this turn to heal/buff/reraise/mitigation.. next turn he do nothing except deep sleep, and this is the turn you attack/LB/esper..
    next turn heal your team and buff again, do not attack/LB/esper in this phase.. next turn attack.. hence repeat..

The end---------- good luck hunting intangir
    kupo~~ ::mog::::mog::

Q: why you don't use evade noctis as always?
    A: erm... this boss have accuracy buff and the threshold 11 hits is too much
    Q: you traitor
    A: sorry, "syuri use run away -> remove caster for unlimited turns"

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  2. Carnefix

Carnefix Newsl0rd Staff Member Moderator Arena Runner Up S2 VIP Supporter German Moderator Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    416 022 660
    Leads:
    TDH Hyoh, Nyx, Tidus
    Great Guide. Do you mind if I link it on the news thread? :)

Master Red, Memnarchon and Syuri like this.
  3. LaFlèche

LaFlèche Ascended Member Supporter Monthly Arena Champ S1

Global ID:
    Still haven't faced him. Will try this this afternoon. Thank you, kupo!

Syuri likes this.
  4. Syuri

Sure kupo..
    thanks..
    hope this will help..

Carnefix likes this.
  5. Syuri

you're welcome kupo..
    good luck

6. Ashlag

Ashlag GLS is love, GLS is life Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    A fairly okay Hyoh, other cool stuff
    That's rather clever. Good guide :)

Syuri likes this.
  7. Forza971sbh

Forza971sbh Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Fire Hyoh / eDragonlord / eTT
    @Syuri : take your "like" !

Xon is the easiest way to get through this trial, I had an unexpected pain to take him down in JP, even with some 7* units, and this thief boy made this fight "kinda" trivial in GL...

bet these tips will prove usefull ::rudecat3::

Syuri likes this.
  8. Backosteel

Backosteel Ascended Member Supporter

This is genius.

Syuri likes this.
  9. Xil

Xil Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    FD Nyx, Fryevia, A.Rain and more
    GL 160
    This is great! I failed so many times trying to tank the hits (I still don't think I know how I could clear it the "proper" way) but I managed with this strategy! Thank you so much for sharing!
    Fryevia and Xon fight intangir shouting "Happy Easter~!"

Syuri likes this.
  10. fayleen99

fayleen99 Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Mostly Hyoh and 5 star event units
    wow really interesting. I'll go try this tomorrow. Thank you so much for the tip, kupo!

Syuri likes this.
  11. Seven

Seven Inactive Member VIP Supporter

Leads:
    None; this may be a hard case to crack
    Can't you just use that camoflauge accessory from that story event on really any healer?

12. Ashlag

Global ID:
    Leads:
    If I remember well, this ain't a 1trn hide right ? Meaning that the control on it will be rather more random.
    After verification, 3-5 turns hide. Meaning that you can't control when and where you go in and out of hiding. So... Nope, sadly. Too long to wait for the right turns, and too random.

Syuri and Seven like this.
  13. Seven

Leads:
    Shouldn't matter. Everyone else is dead. Right?

Additionally you can use Divine Soliel's TMR to reraise all of your units just once to help them survive and repeat until the healer comes back, then they damage? IDK, may have decided a separate tactic...

14. Veralian

Veralian "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Usually Auto LB Nichol
    Gumi just knows how to make good units with long term usability:
    Fryevia is a unique Hybrid unit and one of the few units with 100% evade death, she shines above all units like her
    Xon with twisted fate and waylay
    Reberta is the best unit against dragoons
    Carrie for the only one handed bow in the game
    Kryla for the unique mix&match breaks
    Christine for chaining capability with TT and making any unit chainable with her.
    I.Nichol for the AOE cover ability and awesome LB.
    Demon Rain for best the most efficient provoke tank available.
    and Yan for being a really good support unit and a debuffer at the same time.
    & more...

Syuri likes this.
  15. Caliber

Caliber "Hall of Fame" Member

I used this strat for a 3 man clear
    Xon and 2 sephiroth

Syuri likes this.
  16. Syuri

You mean concealing cloth? Intangir will heal back himself while u waiting for your healer to appear in the correct turn, then it will be endless battle if he end up heal back to 100%

Seven likes this.
  17. Syuri

Yeah sephiroth also has ignore fatal damage, but not 100% proc iirc..

Seven likes this.
  18. matt_b

matt_b Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Wilhelm/Fry/Bonus Unit
    this worked 100% perfectly. xon is for sure mvp. any other units with hide can pop in and help every now and then. was never in danger at all.

19. Ashlag

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Also, care to let me put this in guide section ? With a one week redirection in general, cause that's the most efficient way to clear it and it might be useful for people only looking at general section.

20. Seven

Leads:
    What about...Rico?

Try this. Hide 2 turns, damage, healer casts reraise or whatever, they hide again, and then damage again...