1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

eBeatrix Breaker Rotation

Discussion in 'Unit Discussion' started by Arkadi, Mar 16, 2019 at 10:08 AM.

1. Arkadi

Arkadi Ludicrous Speed! VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Something relevant for current events
    So I've been thinking about the best rotation for eBeatrix and came to the conclusion that Climhazzard isn't worth bothering except in a pinch or at the start of a fight. The optimal rotation would be:

Turn 1: LB (74% ATK/MAG AoE break and 30% AoE damage reduction)
    Turn 2: Sword of the Clear Mind (Self 200% ATK/MAG buff and 30LB fill + ability unlock)
    Turn 3: eStock Break+ (70% DEF/SPR AoE break)

With Beatrix's TMR equipped this results in permanent 74% ATK/MAG and 70% DEF/SPR breaks that doesn't require LB gear because Sword of the Clear Mind always keeps her LB gauge full. Now, the biggest deal with this rotation is that it's kind of rigid in that unless you can get by with 55% AoE breaks you cannot deviate from this order of operations.

I was hoping eBeatrix would be similar to Loren and Auron in that she could LB break and chain in off turns, but they locked eSaint Bringer behind Sword of the Clear Mind to unlock the + version (with no alternate like the breaks unlocking each other). So she ends up just a breaker with damage as a side benefit if you can fit it in a chain it'll help.

As for chaining, it seem's like just spamming eSaint Bringer+ while keeping up eSword of the Clear Mind's buff is the best bet as trying to do anything else would be just be swapping eStock Break+ for eSaint Bringer+ in the above rotation (losing DEF/SPR breaks).

Anyone else see anything better than what I've outlined above?

Luffy, aa25 and TheKillingJoke like this.
  2. Barroth

Barroth Excessivlipoor VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Take your pick
    How does she lb on turn 1? ::thonk::

encelor likes this.
  3. Regalia

Regalia Member Supporter

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    KH Cloud, TT, 2B, KM Units
    Okay, aside from this, I think the rotation itself is pretty solid, if you're focused on breaking.

You could Clear Mind -> Climhazzard+ -> Stock Break+, since the enhanced "+" moves keep each other unlocked, but that's trading 4% ATK/MAG and 30% mitigation for an extra 1.5 modifier on the Climhazzard. And switching from two physical moves to a physical and a hybrid.

I'd take the extra break/mitigation over the damage.

Seven and Luffy like this.
  4. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Rena/Barb/Lilith/Christine/2B
    That's what I came up with as well. If we want to include stuffs from turn 1, you probably have to use Climhazzard for that 55% ATK/MAG for three turns, like

Turn 1: Climhazzard (55% ATK/MAG break)
    Turn 2: Sword of the Clear Mind
    Turn 3: Stock Break+ (70% DEF/MAG break)
    Turn 4: LB (74% ATK/MAG break)

Turn 5: Sword of the Clear Mind

and so on (main rotation in bold).

That being said, she can reach 2500 ATK easily with Sword of the Clear Mind. She can actually hit pretty hard with her LB (13.5x AoE phy attack) and Stock Break+ (5x AoE phy attack). Although, they both are quite slow. Not sure if you can always fit all the hits in a single chain. She also offers 30% gen. dmg mitigation on her LB as well. That helps a bit with role compression.

PS: Anyone know the dmg weight of her LB ? nvm, just check it out. It looks like 15-15-15-55.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019 at 11:34 AM
    Arkadi, Seven and Luffy like this.
  5. Luffy

Luffy "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Who would be better her or 6* HT Lid?

Seven likes this.
  6. Regalia

Regalia Member Supporter

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    Only place I can think of to look is Memel0rd's reviews, and he doesn't mention it in either the 6* or the 7* batch.

Seven likes this.
  7. Regalia

Regalia Member Supporter

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    Like, comparing an enhanced 7* to a 6*? I'm pretty sure the 7* wins this one.

Edit: Yeah, okay. I hit the wiki, 7* eBeatrix wins.

7* eBeatrix:
    70~74% all stat AoE, with a three turn rotation

6* HT Lid:
    3-turn 50% all stat AoE,
    or
    5 turn 60% all stat ST.

The upside to 6* HTL is that she has a free turn each rotation, while eBeatrix doesn't.

6* to 6*, HTL wins, hands down.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019 at 11:40 AM
    Seven and Luffy like this.
  8. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Got the numbers. I thought it was more than 4 hits which is quite easy to map out.

9. Wdiggums

Wdiggums "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    depends on event
    Nyx dies xD

rtt, Ranzo, Double and 1 other person like this.
  10. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    She still needs 2 extra LS.

11. Regalia

Regalia Member Supporter

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    eh, there's auto LB stuff out there. Sub optimal for damage, but lets you get that extra 4% break on turn 1.

Is it worth it the res and the opportunity cost of the equips? I dunno. It can be done, though.

12. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Well, that was a joke about Nyx's sacrifice. If you want to get her LB up on turn 1, Auto-LB won't help since it applies at the end of each of your turn. You have to go for another entruster, ability that fill your LB gauge, or units that fill your LB gauge at the beginning of your turn.

Regalia likes this.
  13. Regalia

Regalia Member Supporter

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    Frak. I need to pay more attention to when shit pops up. I thought it was the beginning.

14. toooskies

toooskies Ascended Member

Global ID:
    My combo for turn 1 LB would be CG Ignacio giving her 20 LS on turn 1, then an Entrust from CG Fina.

(But I don’t even have her.)

Also, on fights with dispels, you may be better served storing her LB for dispel emergencies.

15. Arkadi

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Unless the dispel happens on the Sword of the Clear Mind turn you'll have a 70% or 74% break available for ATK/MAG at all times. Even if it happens on the Sword of the Clear Mind turn you have a 55% ATK/MAG break to fall back on. You just sacrifice the DEF/SPR break to get it.

Edit: Actually, in this scenario, it's pretty easy to keep the rotation going because the two + breaks unlock each other, so you can just pick up in the rotation with a 55% ATK/MAG break then go straight to the DEF/SPR break at 70% which unlocks the 70% ATK/MAG break if you don't have the LB ready at that point. That is unless you need to re-break ATK/MAG every turn in which case you'd be using the 55% break or the LB 74% (when up) every turn.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019 at 2:41 PM
  16. Arkadi

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yeah, I plugged my Beatrix into ffbeequip and came up with something along these lines too, even using her sub-optimal TMR with a Light element sword equipped. That said, using a light element weapon isn't necessary if someone else is imperiling while Beatrix breaks, she can use that other element since none of her attacks are typed except Rose Finale and Thunder Slash.

Beatrix 7★
    Right hand: Lightbringer HP+10%, ATK+96, ATK+15% (IW :ATK +10%, ATK +5%, HP +10%)
    Left hand: Save the Queen (FFIX) ATK+135
    Head: Prishe's Hairpin HP+10%, MP+10%, ATK+45
    Body: Hyoh's Clothes ATK+28, ATK+30%, DEF+42
    Accessory 1: Colorful Lei ATK+45
    Accessory 2: Desch's Earring ATK+45
    Materia 1: Awesome Swordsman ATK+30%
    Materia 2: Dream of the Fayth
    Materia 3: Hero's Vow - Dark ATK+60%
    Materia 4: Large Sword Mastery ATK+50%
    Esper: Titan HP+163, MP+53, ATK+123, DEF+98, MAG+49, SPR+76
    Total: HP:9098, MP:466, ATK:2073, DEF:419, MAG:637, SPR:373
    With eSword of the Clear Mind:
    ATK:2601

aa25 likes this.
  17. Regalia

Regalia Member Supporter

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    Yeah, I was gonna say that the Clear mind buff is to keep up the LB for the extra 4% and mitigation. Well, that and the 200% self buff. Once you've enhanced the "+" moves, they unlock each other as long as you cycle back and forth. In a pinch, you can shorten your cycle or jumpstart it with a smaller break.

That said, that's a 2 turn rotation that costs 60 mp per turn, while the LB is a three turn rotation costing 60/60/0, allowing your mana battery more time to keep her topped off. You lose some damage from extra chaining on the Clear Mind turns, but I think that would be at least partially offset by the extra 200% buff on the other turns. Plus, you know, the constant 30% mitigation is pretty attractive by itself.

Another thing to point out:
    Stock Break+ and her LB+ are both physical while Climhazzard+ is Hybrid. I don't know her BiS, but it probably looks a bit different depending on if you're going for the LB or the Hybrid damage.

18. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Agree. She is not locked to light element for that role. I feel like she can adapt pretty well with your choice of chainers. There are no Wind or Earth element weapon for her though.

19. Frosty Toast

Frosty Toast Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    511 684 224
    Leads:
    Event, Rem, 2B, Raegen, M. Ramza
  20. Arkadi

Global ID:
    Leads:
    ??? Swords cover every element if you're willing to sacrifice a little ATK (counting limited gear).
    Take the Lion Saber for instance. It's both Wind and Earth elements! That said, if you're not counting limited gear, Wind is missing, but Earth is covered by the story gear: Rock Saber Check here for a list of all swords to find an element you need. That said, while not optimal, both Katanas and Daggers have Wind element covered if absolutely needed.

aa25 likes this.