1. New rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Elnath 3rd Phase

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Malik, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Malik

Malik Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    2b Barbariccia
    Can't survive the 3rd phase. At best I have gotten it down to 20%. My team consists of Emperor, Barbariccia, Ayaka, Mystea, VoE, VoD( For breaking only) Tidus, 2b (Both with fire elemental weapons) Xon, Rikku

Can't survive even after the Xon buff stealing. Only VoE n Ayaka survive. Resurgence n the next turn it's same thing. Can't get Mystea beyond 700 Spr. Once Emperor dies, the stack ends there.
    Do I need to change my team? Or may be I need some more TMRs before I go for it again?

2. Isaac

Isaac Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    702 220 272
    I am having the same problem, so not the best person to ask :) but maybe we can both help each other. Are you buffing 70% earth and 70% thunder before the threshold? I was cycling in earth veritas to do the earth buff and koja or kuja for the thunder buff, but it was too much cycling and rant out of mp. I am leveling up an olif, who will be able to dual cast the earth and lightning buff with a dual cast materia in one turn, give MP in another turn, and he has some weird 15 mitigation and 20% elemental buff he could do with a free turn, if there are any. with the freed up space, I am going to bring in maybe ashe (was using christine as damage dealer but gonna try the reflect thunder stack trick with ashe)

Malik likes this.
  3. Malik

Global ID:
    Leads:
    2b Barbariccia
    Hi Isaac. Buffing thunder. 70%? Not sure. Barbariccia has one thunder wind resist move. (Just checked it's 70%) I use that. For Earth I use VoE.
    My team can't seem to stand that Ultima like explosion. It's non elemental I guess.

4. Isaac

Isaac Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    702 220 272
    I think that is my problem too. I had 100% thunder under and 100% earth resit up when I got wiped out. And basch was tank. I was running out of MP, so I wonder if I missed an arms eraser. I think I need to make sure soleil is active next time I go through the threshold.

Malik likes this.
  5. Dino

Dino Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Shin before you hit that final thresh put your 2 2Bs into hiding so they will come out after that first attack phase and with 2 of them you should be able to 1 shot it*should prob add DV with them so he can impact for them*

6. Malik

Global ID:
    Leads:
    2b Barbariccia
    Lol I ll try again with Ramza. My Soleil is not enhanced. The breaks are intact in my case but that hardly helps. May be I ll make use of hypernullall too n see.
    The second problem I have is, since we have to dispel Elnath each turn I also end up dispelling the breaks. To reapply breaks with VoD in every turn is difficult (80mp). I don't have any other aoe breakers.

7. Malik

Global ID:
    Leads:
    2b Barbariccia
    Hi Dino, I'm going for the magic kill mission to get the rewards. In phase 3 neither 2b nor Tidus has anything to contribute. I'm not sure if I understood what you meant to suggest though.

8. Malik

Global ID:
    Leads:
    2b Barbariccia
    I still have no idea how to use the reflect magic damage trick. So if you're considering Ollif then what's your team?

9. Pyrebrand

Pyrebrand Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    I used the reflect mechanic to put it down. I went into the phase with enhanced Trance Terra, Ashe, Tilith, Xon and Soleil. Basically I had Carbuncle on Tilith so had her summon for reflect on the party, then I stole the buff with Xon, buffed/debuffed with Soleil, and then brought the boom with TT and had Ashe cast Thundaja on my party to have it reflect 6x. That was enough to put it down in one shot. TT had about 1100 mag, Ashe was sitting around 900

Malik likes this.
  10. Dino

Global ID:
    shin who do have chaining with Barbie cause I can give you play by play on how I did my magic mission and emp was the hero there cause he can do all the magic until phase 3 with ffb of coarse you bring in the 2 2bs to kill off the 1 arm but the whole time you have Barbie and her chaining partner waiting for phase 3 all you need is 1 unit in the hole with bushido freedom and or dispel and a breaker on spr

11. Malik

Global ID:
    Leads:
    2b Barbariccia
    I have Ashe. Can you please help me know how to use the reflect trick? If I can one shot it in phase 3 then it's a cakewalk.

12. Malik

Global ID:
    Leads:
    2b Barbariccia
    Oh wait! Are we talking about Elnath trial here? I'm a bit confused. 2 2bs? First time I thought it's a typo but apparently it's not.
    Or may be I fail to grasp your idea. Sorry.

I have no problem clearing phase 1 or 2. For phase 3 I'm using emperor and Barbie. Are you suggesting that I should drop Tidus n get a chaining partner for Barbie (Shantotto)?

13. Dino

Global ID:
    yes they come out after the attack and you get 1 shot free and clear to kill it that's why have unit unit with dispel and a breaker if poss and should have no prob killing her

14. Kenari

Kenari Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Mostly eFryevia
    Who is your main damage dealer? Is it emperor?
    If so then you need a sacrifice, i mean once you killed both the arms, use someone else to damage elnath into phase 3
    That way you won't lose emperor's stack

Malik likes this.
  15. Kenari

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Mostly eFryevia
    Also eWoL is very good in that fight
    My WoL only has 430~ def and he didn't die not even once

16. Malik

Global ID:
    Leads:
    2b Barbariccia
    Hmm...this should also do. Thanks for the idea.

17. Malik

Global ID:
    Leads:
    2b Barbariccia
    Been playing this game for over 1 year. Never pulled a WoL on this account lol

18. Seven

Seven Inactive Member VIP Supporter

Leads:
    None; this may be a hard case to crack
    If you have Frozen Hurricane...and Reflect...you could easily get an OTK for Phase 3. That’s the best option, really.

Malik likes this.
  19. Kenari

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Mostly eFryevia
    I still didn't get the whole idea about this reflect thing lol

@Shinigami But if you have frozen hurricane and a shantoto, you will be able to otk it and still get the magic achievement since tornado is a magic

Malik likes this.
  20. Malik

Global ID:
    Leads:
    2b Barbariccia
    Yes. I'm going to rerun with Shantotto, Barbariccia n Emperor.