1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Elytra's reddit message

Discussion in 'General' started by KWFFBE, Jun 13, 2019.

1. KWFFBE

KWFFBE Coffee Monster VIP

Leads:
    Sophia, Esther, 2B, Sylvie
  2. Skye

Skye Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Nyx, Regina, Loren, bonus
  3. Carnefix

Carnefix Newsl0rd Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter German Moderator Arena Runner Up S2 Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    416 022 660
    Leads:
    TDH Hyoh, Nyx, 2B
    My message from the reddit post:

Sad to hear that. The interactions with you were great and perfect for a community manager.
    It could not have been better. Always responding as fast as you could when something happened even through that was GUMI's job. I feel like they will not be able to find a better person for that.

I hope that you will find a better place in the future where they appreciate the great things you can do.
    Wish you the best. ❤

4. TheKillingJoke

TheKillingJoke IA! IA! Yes We Can (be eaten first) VIP

Global ID:
    833 586 843
    Leads:
    Cid Folka Barbi Fina Sieg Chow
    That's sad to read :'-/

Ascalibur likes this.
  5. Manveru

Manveru "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    I'm sorry if I sound harsh but I feel she barely did anything anyway. The actual contact was minimal, mostly "I will forward this to the dev" type of posts. She could be the nicest person in the world but a job is a job, and most of the time I felt like there was no community manager at all.

Beelzeboss likes this.
  6. Carnefix

Carnefix Newsl0rd Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter German Moderator Arena Runner Up S2 Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    416 022 660
    Leads:
    TDH Hyoh, Nyx, 2B
    She was a Square Enix Community Manager, not from GUMI. FFBE was not her main job to keep taking care of and she still communicated a lot when something happened in FFBE. Even much more than GUMI themself.

7. TheKillingJoke

Global ID:
    833 586 843
    Leads:
    At times it felt like she was the Gumi support center.

8. Manveru

Manveru "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    The fact that Scumi doesn't give a shit about us is nothing new, but a respected Publisher company is supposed to handle communication between the dev and the players, if they don't do it themselves. SQEX is not an indie developer from the North Pole, it's one of the biggest video game companies in the world, and they are expected to provide a better community service than they did so far (which is pretty much nothing).

And if they insist on remaining silent to our concerns, then they do not need a community manager at all.

Sagranth likes this.
  9. Hollis

Hollis VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    who knows?
    N/A
    and now I still remember those days when meme was falsely banned, or Donpru was having issues...
    her intercession made it possible for them to play again... at least she's got useful side here...
    now the bridge is burnt, how can we expect to appeal for innocence again?

Cylian likes this.
  10. TheKillingJoke

Global ID:
    833 586 843
    Leads:
    Through the black hole that is the official Gumi support on fb and ingame.

11. Carnefix

Global ID:
    416 022 660
    Leads:
    TDH Hyoh, Nyx, 2B
    There were also multiple streams with her where the devs decided to give out freebies. Many complained about them not being great but she was actively doing something to help the community.
    I also had multiple conversations with her via PMs and such. And she was always one of the first people to respond when something happened in the game, assuring that she also contacted the devs.
    I really have not seen anything bad she has done for us.

Cylian, Kerrigan009 and 21er like this.
  12. Skye

Skye Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Nyx, Regina, Loren, bonus
    A community manager is, more than anything, representing the player base towards the developers, at least this is my impression. So she’d be checking community activity (forums, YouTube, Reddit) and give a condensed feedback about what people talk about. What the developer does with that feedback is up to them. Publishers have some leverage, but as long as the profits are there, they are inclined to let what may come.

The reason it’s rare for a community manager to engage in real-time communication with the community is that most of the actual decisions are taken by the company. So if a community manager gets insufficient/inconsistent information from the company, and if the company doesn’t actually care about the community feedback they report, then of course it will look like they do nothing.

Nouk, bceltics_3, Kaladin and 2 others like this.
  13. Flame_alchemist

Flame_alchemist Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Tidus,eTTerra,Basch,lm fina and noctis
    Now we know what account to stalk ::ink::

Elytra will be missed.

bceltics_3 likes this.
  14. b3l14l

b3l14l "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Man, that sux. I hate to see anyone getting handed the "involuntary job displacement" as my employer calls it. Well, like I have heard a few times before, when one door closes, another opens. Best of luck.

bceltics_3 likes this.
  15. Kaladin

Kaladin Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Sophia or event
    Agreed. And like Elytra said in her post, most of her work was behind the scenes in reports and meetings. So we didn't even see most of what she even did.

Cylian and Skye like this.
  16. Sorwen

Sorwen VIP VIP

I liked Elytra. She got flack for things that were not her fault. Sadly that is the reality of a CM's job. I've spoken with a few from vaious games and it has always been the same. :( She did help a few people here when they had issues with Gumi support and that is a reason to praise her if nothing else. ::bard:: Still I thank for what she did and tried to do for us and hope her the best in whatever she does in the future. ::love::

It is worrisome that it wasn't by choice. ::rudecat2::

Cylian and Skye like this.
  17. KWFFBE

KWFFBE Coffee Monster VIP

Leads:
    Sophia, Esther, 2B, Sylvie

It could easily be a cost cutting exercise by SE... Remember they didn't have a very good financial year last year. It may have nothing to do with her ability, but simply a company fault by overspending or making other poor financial decisions in the last fiscal year...

EDIT:
    Thinking about it, jumping to conclusions here, because re-reading her message again, there could equally be factors within her personal life which could also lead to her leaving.

Either way we won't really know

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  18. Yunny

Yunny Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    In my Status
    >175
    Thanks for sharing the link here.

19. ironphia

ironphia Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Exdeath
  20. Kaladin

Kaladin Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Sophia or event
    Elytra was a community manager for Square-Enix. She basically told the management what the various communities (here, reddit, fb, etc) thought about the game and what we complained about. She intervened occasionally I think to try and help us players and was an all around great asset to us.