1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

End of 2019 Gil Question

Discussion in 'General' started by Lorne, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Lorne

Lorne Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Hi Everyone,

Im not plugged into whats current and Im a very casual player. Ive just figured out if I run Chamber of Riches Elite, with Montana, I get 170k gil a run. Its a good way to spend my NRG when Im doing nothing else. I also hit the raids up when theyre around.

Ive tried seaching here for gil, and google for ideas, but its not working out. Gil is too short, or results are outdated.

Is there anything else I can do to maximize gil per run? Some TMR or STMR, I havent stumbled across that will help? Xons Waylay is noy even worth the buttons for what I get out of that.

Thx for the assistance.

Seven likes this.
  2. Arkadi

Arkadi Ludicrous Speed! VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Something relevant for current events
    Xon, every raid run. He steals 3K and that gets doubled by his passive, but the raids give another 3K innately so it's 12K gil every ELT run. Then the gil snappers from the raid summons. That's your best source of gil in FFBE.

3. Lansote

Lansote Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    whatever is bonus unit for King Mog
    NotMax
    Just do raids and try using multiple gil pliers as i havent seen them cap. Specially good in hidden chamber runs (montana, lara and xon gices 600k)

Also the raids give tons of gil snappers. Try hitting the max damage per run for 300 tp 200 additional raid coins for more summoning goodness

I dont really recommend the gillionairr runs as gil per nrg there isnt so good. E

Cylian likes this.
  4. Lorne

Global ID:
    Im running the raids. Its still the best source of gil hands down. Not near as hard as I used to, but over the two weeks, I get halfway to 3/4 through the king pots. Next time hidden comes through Ill try that team. 600k aint bad.

Gil pliers? Talking about Montana ( Paul n Chow also) Gil Farmer and Pirate Jakes X Mark the Spot? If so, those two dont stack. Only one per party.

As for Gillionaire, Im not doing anything with the energy anyways. I dont do the exchange events anymore. I havent done any of the trials in months, and story events are what, bout once a month. Raids are their own energy. I rarely use the energy and Gillionaire is quick and fairly profitable.

I was mostly curious with the hundreds of units and thousands of gear and abilities, if I had missed something. I greatly appreciate yalls help. :)

5. hotaru251

hotaru251 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    25NRG 3+ bonus units and ELT ghost for raid summon coins.

raids and the other stuff that give u raid summon are best source of income. make millions throguh em.

6. Seven

Seven Mildly Active Member VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    None; this may be a hard case to crack
    Well actually...you get 1 raid orb per hour. 1 per hour gives 12,000 gil, plus up to 3,000 raid coins that up to maybe 6 king gil snappers and 3 gil snapper families out of the 30 summons. All in all, that's:

(12,000 + 6 (5,000) + 3 (30,000)) = 12,000 + 30,000 + 90,000 = 132,000 in 1 hour = 2,200 per minute

The King Mog's Lost Maps Gil Map costs 1 NRG, which is 5 minutes. It gives a single Gil Snapper Tower, which sells for 500,000 gil.

500,000 in 5 minutes = 100,000 in 1 minute

So...yeah. Obviously you still need the maps, but I'm getting a reasonable amount, plus, I always buy the gil map. You only need to finish that 6 times to get enough gil to awaken a unit to 7★, for 3,000,000 gil. To awaken 100 units to 7★, you need 300,000,000 gil, and you can get that much from 600 runs of this. I'm already at around 40 units awakened to 7★, so for my last 60 I still need 360 more runs, ignoring my current 18,000,000 gil which can awaken 6 units.

If only we'd actually get Expert Missions...

Cylian, Sefiros and Arkadi like this.
  7. Arkadi

Arkadi Ludicrous Speed! VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Something relevant for current events
    I forget we have those maps unless I want to rush a rank up for some reason... That said, I've got over 100 7* units and I 7* a unit as soon as I can (unless it would make an STMR I want instead). I've got over 68 million gil with some more raid summons from both the Halloween event and the raid to do yet... Gil hasn't been a problem since a long time ago now and my gil never really deteriorates that much that all these spam raid or raid like events they put out can't keep up in refilling it and then some.

If I was really strapped for gil some how, I'd probably run the gil cave since I think the snapper weekend event is worse income with a gil bonus unit in the party. That said, the Halloween event gives snappers from the effectively raid summon so it's probably a more effective use of NRG currently assuming you can use the free moogles and cactaurs it gives as well.

Cylian and Seven like this.
  8. Skye

Skye Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Regina, Kryla, Nyx
    I've never seen more than 100% gil bonus. I think gill boosts may technically "stack", but you still have a 100% boost cap, so there's no point in using more than a single 100% gil boost.

Cylian likes this.
  9. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lilith/Evt/Evt/Esther/Yuna
    I don't know if I am a weird one here since I always farm hard on Elemental Wave event. I think I got like 30M gils so far this event (plus a lot of Cactuar and ~3000 Trust Coins). I did spend like 180 NRG pots so far though.

10. hotaru251

hotaru251 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    idk how many others get likely 1M event coins thoguh :eek:....
    im only up to 500k...i hit more bonus wave than not this event.

11. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lilith/Evt/Evt/Esther/Yuna
    Probably bonus units. The lowest one I got was 20M gils or something from Elena event.

Edit: As of now, I've killed 207 Ghouligan's.

Cylian and Skye like this.
  12. Vodka

Vodka Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    329 090 027
    Leads:
    A bunch of pixels with big ATK number
    Number
    The most basic one is Xon Raid trick
    King Mog's Gil Map
    and if I truly desperate for Gil. I sell all previous event/raid currency or material. Have you tried selling them? Might get you an extra million Gil or so.

13. Ashlag

Ashlag Big choices were made, & now I'll do my best Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Great shit, I swear
    Right now, Raid and Grave Exvius. I made more than 30M already this week.

14. Lorne

Global ID:
    A lot of feedback. :)

Ive always known and agreed raids were the best way to get gil. But I dont play as much as I used to. I rarely do events that require bonus units. Im not spending the free lapis I get to chase them. I save lapis for those units I really want on step ups. Going back to raids for a moment, I might hit elite raid 10 to 15 times a day. No where near what some of yall are doing.

So I tend to have a lot of unused energy that doeant get used. For me, the most economical (nrg and effort) is the gillionaire with Montana. Gets me 170k guaranteed each run, I can make 6 runs twice a day if NRG is full and Im active. I like it cuz I can auto and no worries. Gill Snapper Cave cant guarantee that every run. Gil maps are nice but Ive not received a gil map in awhile. Probably one of those events I dont play in.

I am also *7ing every unit I can. No reason or rhyme how I do it. Just bored. 54 of them now with another 12 ready.

Thanks again. :)

Cylian likes this.
  15. Cylian

Cylian Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther and Charlotte?
    188ish
    If you just want to be quick, just do LGD runs. With bonus mobs, they actually have more raid coins. Or so I read on reddit.

I am a (f2p(eF) ) collector of sorts, so I 7* everyone till I hit 100 7*-s too. And then, keep them all. GL tends to do better with 7* units. Plus, Expert Missions, when? ::rudecat1::

16. Lansote

Lansote Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    whatever is bonus unit for King Mog
    NotMax
    Hmmm gil moogle maps are good, I just wish they had those in raid summons even by small chances. An update should be donse we get maybe a 1% chance on those like the big tmr moogles

17. Ashlag

Ashlag Big choices were made, & now I'll do my best Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Great shit, I swear
    I literally made 70M so far on the Halloween farming event. This is good farming spot, as it's basically a raid you can refill with nrg pots.

Cylian and hotaru251 like this.
  18. Kiramon

Kiramon VIP VIP

I had enough for 16million lol

19. Fabell

Fabell "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Elena,Sylvie,Zeno,SS Charlotte,Olberic
    King Mog farming events has on LDG has a chance of awarding Gil Maps, whose snappers sell for 500k. That's been my highest form of income so far. I had a bunch of those, sold them, and awakened around 15 units. Mind you they are just sitting in my inventory at level 101 though...

Cylian likes this.