1. New rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Enfeeblements (Charm/Stop/Death/Breaks) Guide

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Ultimasta, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Ultimasta

Ultimasta Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Current: CG Nichol or TMR Farm Unit
    INTRODUCTION/FAQ

Q: What is the difference between a status ailment, and an enfeeblement?

A: Status Ailments:
    Status Ailments are harmful effects that can be inflicted on both ally and foe. These take effect during battle and provide a detriment to the side inflicted with them. Some monsters are immune to varying status ailments. There are several pieces of equipment that you can acquire for your team that nullifies or increases your resistance to these effects. Some weapons can also inflict status aliments. Various abilities/spells may either remove or inflict status ailments, and nullify or increase resistances.

---Enfeeblement:
    Additionally, there are some effects that are not covered in normal resistance table. They are counted as "enfeeblements" and not status ailments but monsters do have resistance for them. In Arena, these are usually counted as status ailments.

Q: What effects status ailments, and what effects are enfeeblements?

A: Status Ailments: Poison, Blind, Sleep, Silence, Paralyze, Confuse, Disease, Stone/Petrify
    ---Enfeeblements: Charm, Stop, Break, Death, Gravity

I set up this Google Notes page for Enfeeblements after browsing the web and finding very limited information. What info I did find was scattered across different threads, and the Wiki provided no information on Removal/Nullify/Resisted/Infliction.

I am aware that it isn't complete (haven't started on Infliction or finished every section), but I am posting it so that it might help people in the future, and that others may help to make it more complete.

How I will Handle Edits: I will frequently check this thread and the note for any comments/suggestions, and I will format them into the Note correctly.

TheKillingJoke and Bitzpleze like this.
  2. Seven

Seven Inactive Member VIP Supporter

Leads:
    None; this may be a hard case to crack
    You forgot Berserk.

3. Ultimasta

Global ID:
    Leads:
    I will include it. I had Gravity on the note, but I'm not really sure that should be an enfeeblement... the wiki mechanics page has it listed as one, but isn't it just a Black Magic damage spell? It doesn't really leave an effect (does it?)...

4. Talien

Talien Element resistl0rd VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    120/140 all resist Basch
    Berserk isn't really an ailment as it has a positive side too.

5. Seven

Leads:
    Ailments are not a big issue. But other negative effects are extremely annoying. Ayaka covers Stop, CKA and some passives deal with Charm, and Genji Shield and Safety Bit resist Death. As far as I know, percent damage or set health cannot be resisted. Breaks, however, can be prevented. No unit can resistance Berserk although one inflicts it.

6. Seven

Leads:
    It is occasionally considered one. Remember, Petrified units can't take damage. Not everything is one sided.

7. Seven

Leads:
    The other effects are either instant or long lasting.

Charm, Stop, Berserk, and Break are long lasting, while Death, Gravity, Snort, and Set are instant

8. Seven

Leads:
    Set was used by Golbez in MIB to set units' HP to 10. Different from percents, because it is a number adding to 0 instead of subtracted from varying maximums.

9. Ultimasta

Global ID:
    Leads:
    I've added a section for Berserk, even though I still need to add the info to it. I'm not really planning on including Snort or Set, because there isn't really anything that can counter them. I will take a look at CKA and her skills to add to this. Any other units that I should look over? I know that I'm missing a bunch of stuff (other units that can 100% resist breaks, Got VoE and Mystea)
    EDIT: So, should I include Gravity? How does the spell work...Is it reduced HP, or HP DMG?

10. Seven

Leads:
    Gravity and other % based damage are just that. Death is simply a version of either that or Gravity which sets units as dead, which I would count as Set 0 but you could say is 100% HP damage.

11. Ultimasta

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Ok, I am going to leave it out then. There are also elemental debuffs, but I don't even want to start with these yet. They probably have enough info to have their own guide.

12. Seven

Leads:
    Technically, anything that triggers Hex from Kryla is a negative ailment. You should just ignore elemental imperils because nothing resistance them or cures them other than dispel anyways. Hex cannot proceed Death because it's instant, however it can still be resisted.

13. Ultimasta

Global ID:
    Leads:
    I am still trying to keep this updated if anyone wants to help contribute with suggestions, especially now that all these 7* forms are going to start dropping (and I'm still missing content that isn't 7*, like Berserk info)

14. Rynal

Rynal CG Charlotte plzzz VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Awakened Rain
    I'd advice to link Meme's Break thread here to emphasis their powers especially for newbies...

15. Ultimasta

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Which thread are you referring to? I don't mind you sharing it here, anything helps.

16. Rynal

Rynal CG Charlotte plzzz VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Awakened Rain
  17. matt_b

matt_b Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Wilhelm/Fry/Bonus Unit
    Don't forget, Mystea's Clear Veil also prevents STOP, something Exorcise Jade (Jade Moon Pendant) does not.

18. Ultimasta

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Thanks for the suggestion, but I already have it listed under Nullify for Stop. Idk why Exorcise Jade is being mentioned. It prevents Status Ailments, not Enfeeblements.

19. Garald

Garald Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    I tested Dispelling Smile from 3* Lakshmi, and I confirm that it removes Berserk and breaks. I have not tried with Stop yet, but I guess it does too.

Ultimasta likes this.