1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Esper Training / Esper Skill Tree Recommendations

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Sexwulf, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Sexwulf

Sexwulf "Hall of Fame" Member

My non-FD 2B loves Bahamut tear

but yes if you decide to use non-meta units who use katanas then the katana meta is now. ;)

2. Galuf the Dwarf

Galuf the Dwarf Skilled Orator and Internet Scribe VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Loren/event unit
    1/2
    Two things:
    1) How soon before you think you'll have Alexander updated? I haven't beaten 3* yet but was curious as to what perk changes you would make.
    2) Why DEF after all the ATK perks for 3* Ifrit? I don't understand how that's supposed to help, especially outside of Arena. I know what MAG you can get there would be miniscule, but I was curious whether or not it would aid a spellcaster unit that needs fire resist and Plant/Beast Killer +.

3. Carnefix

Carnefix Moderator Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter German Moderator Arena Runner Up S2 Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    416 022 660
    Leads:
    Zeno, Esther, Circe, Cid
    1) Did you look for it/read the thread? It is already there.
    2) Just to round up some stats. You can play with the builder to see that they don't make that much difference.

4. Carnefix

Carnefix Moderator Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter German Moderator Arena Runner Up S2 Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    416 022 660
    Leads:
    Zeno, Esther, Circe, Cid
    @Sexwulf The Esper skills do count as passives now (was changed with the last version update). That means that passives like the +50% Stop resistance from Shina can stack now.
    Perfect for Merc. Ramza.

Scheich likes this.
  5. Scheich

Scheich "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Leads:
    Event / Trial Units
    @Sexwulf whyed u take on Odin Option 2 rather Bladeblitz for 30 SP instead of the 40 Atk node to reach over 8.6 Atk? Bladeblitz is just outdated. Even for just clearing the story it’s not worth it really.

6. Sexwulf

Sexwulf "Hall of Fame" Member

Eh. Force of habit. May help newer players.
    The increased attack makes his esper damage slightly higher but has no impact on the stats it gives your unit.
    Tweak the builds as you will.

Scheich likes this.
  7. bwnyc

bwnyc "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    NV Terra, NVA Tifa, Event...
    Honestly, I still use Bladeblitz on Odin even though I probably have better ways to add an AoE attack on units with main skills locked into ST. Orlandeau was always paired with Odin back in the day because of this.

8. heimdall

heimdall Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    @Sexwulf where's Asura's build, slacker???!?!?!?!?!?!! hehehehe. Now being serious, she's still 1star in JP also, right? Couldn't find that much info on it and my japanese is as good as my mando'a...

9. Scheich

Leads:
    Event / Trial Units
    Wouldn’t it be better for hybrid build on Fenrir to go for both Atk/mag % and both St reflections? And just ditch some low lvl stats like hp and what not that doesn’t lie on those path?

10. Carnefix

Global ID:
    416 022 660
    Leads:
    Zeno, Esther, Circe, Cid
    Please check the Esper grid before suggesting builds: https://ffbeequip.com/espers.html
    You can't get them all at once since you would be short on 10 points. You can only take 3 of those 4.

11. Scheich

Leads:
    Event / Trial Units
    Oh. Sorry. Then I miscalculated. My bad. Forget I said anything ^^*

12. cephas47

cephas47 New Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    DW Veritas of the Dark, bonus units
    Honest question: what became of the non-murderbird Tetra tree? I think it vanished.

13. Galuf the Dwarf

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Loren/event unit
    1/2
    @Sexwulf, when it comes to your 3* Odin builds, were you implying Zeno and/or Akstar with the "future katana meta" build? I know Akstar in particular makes good use of katanas, namely his STMR (which I got recently AND ran through IW once so far, now with a 18% bonus ATK). I FINALLY got 3* Odin today, so building Ol' Zantetsuken up is in consideration.

14. toooskies

toooskies "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    I can answer that yes, Akstar was the implied king of the katana meta at that time. (And now Zeno is, how convenient!)

I'm hoping GL gets its spear/axe meta at some point soon.

Galuf the Dwarf likes this.
  15. Galuf the Dwarf

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Loren/event unit
    1/2
    That, and hopefully (great)sword meta, if they haven't yet.

16. Galuf the Dwarf

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Loren/event unit
    1/2
    On a similar note, is it worthwhile at all doing the PRO levels of the Chamber of Crystals at all for Supercites? It is taking FOREVER to get some of my 3* espers up to snuff, especially non-color specific ones like Lakshmi and Odin. So far, the only 3* espers I have at max level are Siren, Ifrit, Golem, Ramuh, Shiva and Carbuncle. Diablos is ALMOST 60 Tetra Sylpid is closing on 59, but Phoenix is only 43, Fenrir is 30, Titan is 21, Lakshmi is lvl 12 and I just got Odin today so he's still lvl 1.

I still have to beat 3* Leviathan and 3* Alexander. I also haven't gotten Asura, but I've been concentrating more on the story and events ATM before I even go after her. Also trying to accumulate enough lapis to try to advance further in my second progression of the Akstar/Zeno step-up to see if I can get a 4th Zeno.

17. Scheich

Leads:
    Event / Trial Units
    Best place are the explorations every day. Buy a lot of tents for 100% success and then pick anyone with bonus. I get slot of great and amazing success with 7* units. Only missing Lakshmi (47) and siren (11 but not lvling any more). Everything else is max.

18. Galuf the Dwarf

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Loren/event unit
    1/2
    Been doing that every day. It still seems like it's taking forever. I'd prefer to get them all leveled before I die of old age. :(

19. toooskies

toooskies "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    It does take forever. But that’s okay, it’s good for the game to have long-term goals like that. No espers need to be maxed to get their main useful abilities.

20. Scheich

Leads:
    Event / Trial Units
    I just did that and like I said. Maxed everything apart from siren 11, and Lakshmi 48. As i give Lakshmi atm everything she climbs at least a lvl every 2 days. Except for Monday. At first it seems to take forever but I works faster than anticipated.