1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Esther looks... good?!?

Discussion in 'General' started by EvilRyu, Apr 1, 2021.

1. EvilRyu

EvilRyu Ascended Member

What sorcery is this? They made Esther half decent

20% amps, Bolting Strike gets an effective 80% mod with 80% break
    Magnus is a 150% LB buff (pretty standard)
    LB is now an effective 110 with 100% LB buff and 300% undispellable atk

I don't care, murder bunny is back as my slot 1 favourite - move aside Solina, murder bunny is back!

2. AQMystic

AQMystic "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Well Esther can be more serviceable now, but the lack of NVA stats and VC still puts her behind the more relevant DPS units, but I guess the increase in mods (BS with 90x mod iirc) and additional static atk of 500 will help remedy that somewhat

Sartre and Rafaelfras like this.
  3. Rafaelfras

Rafaelfras Member

Yeah this I don't understand. Why not make her NVA already? They have changed some of her attacks, make it a new one instead as a brave ability, they change her mods, put that as a passive like they did with Gilgamesh, split some goodies between 2 forms and be done with it. Now you have a unit that can last and be part of the current phase.
    As a 7* she still something that is not relevant in my opinion

4. BigNBald5

BigNBald5 NV Caius Ballad, please! VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    open
    being 7* doesnt automatically make you not relevant. Fang is a damn good finisher if you dont have Edgar, and if global gets those insane Crown Prince Noctis upgrades, he is more than a decent EVERY TURN finisher. As for a chainer, 90X AOE BS chains are more than serviceable, especially against the enemies she is strong against, and she absorbs lightning element (making her AOE cover useful in an emergency if the enemy attacks that way).

Gotta get creative sometimes, my friend... Top damage isnt always everything...

5. Rafaelfras

Rafaelfras Member

Sure I agree with you, but again why not change their base to orange and split some of those upgrades in 2?
    This is a game made by numbers, I can make a 3* unit relevant with 1 attack that deals more damage than anything else. But why would they do that. In the future we will have a 4* that can be awakened to NV. So why not make both Esther and Noctis NVA ? If they are as strong as some NV they could just be NV themselves all along.
    At least in my opinion it seems to be more productive that way instead of trying to prolong something that is behind (7* phase)

DarkCobra and The Light Warrior like this.
  6. Matri

Matri "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    477 960 603
    She's far from, "good" unfortunately.

7. Vatenkeist

Vatenkeist c[_] + ( ( ) = ? VIP Supporter

Leads:
    The Mugs to the chair.
    as suspected. here is your rework and shut the fuck up.

nox and The Light Warrior like this.
  8. Basch

Basch Ascended Member

Global ID:
    With the rework I think she falls somewhere around 20 on the dpt list. Her roll compression is still lack luster as well. Given her treatment in the past and even in her current event, yes I didn’t expect much. Maybe one day lighting buns gets proper treatment.

The Light Warrior likes this.
  9. victor sant

victor sant "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    437 540 226
    Leads:
    2Best, Ibara, Tifa, S.Elena
    She is serviceable.
    Looking at the physical damage dealers she is around top 15.

I'm a bit disappointed with her burst, wich was her main defining feature at first release. I would prefer her to keep the same average damage, but having lower mods on the skills but higher LB buff to give a higher burst.

Sartre and The Light Warrior like this.
  10. Matri

Global ID:
    477 960 603
    Next year's NVA will be the same story. She will fall short in every aspect. R.I.P bunny girl.

11. Realityfelon

Realityfelon Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    NVTerra, NV Elena, Event, XWQL, Loren
    She's about what I expected from a NVA equivalent honestly, and I'm pleased. She's IS lacking the bonus stats from NVA and VC, but she's easily usable for all current content.

fletcha, Sartre, Jianto and 3 others like this.
  12. The Light Warrior

The Light Warrior Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    N.Cloud, A.W.O.L, N.Kryla, N.Fina, etc
    Really? She was my #1 physical damage dealer for a long time till she got passed over by newer stronger units. I'll have to check mine and see what that waskily wabbit is up to, huh huh huh. ::kefka::

13. Mr. Crifford

Mr. Crifford Ascended Member

I don’t know about #1 but she’s definitely better than expected. Per the FFBE Wiki Ratings Damage Spreadsheet, she’s now the 13th strongest physical damage dealer. Not bad at all.

And considering you only need 2 to make her 7* she’s a totally viable option for F2P players. I’m pleasantly surprised. Doesn’t seem like a total trash rework that I expected.

14. Weekendlover

Weekendlover Well-Known Member

You dont need 5-7 copies of esther now for her to be decent or 35k-40k lapis for a new nv unit. Nice for newer players.

DarkCobra and Sartre like this.
  15. Jianto

Jianto Ascended Member Supporter

Kinda weird that's she's not NVA but if she still does great damage I will consider using her again

fletcha and Mr. Crifford like this.
  16. BigNBald5

BigNBald5 NV Caius Ballad, please! VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    open
    Nva damage on a 7 star... Why are people complaining? Smh. Way less resources needed to do the same job

DarkCobra and Weekendlover like this.
  17. Matri

Global ID:
    477 960 603
    We just got Greg NVA for FREE mind you, who has way more utility and damage than Esther. Plus, his insane spear was also FREE.....

And NV units ALWAYS have the benefit of two forms. One form can be full of resists, bulk, LB fill, utility materias.....even evasion. A 7* is now obsolete in that sense. Even if she matched Greg's damage as a 7*, not having two forms severely handicaps her potential.

18. Sartre

Sartre Murder Bunny Enthusiast VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther, Nanaki, Physalis, Moog
    S
    As it stands today, she is the most powerful 7* physical damage dealer in the game by a wide margin. That'll change when (if?) CP Noctis gets his upgrades, ofc, but she'll still be #2 after that.

What this means is going to be different for different ppl (as we can see by the comments here already)

On the damage charts she's in the top 20...as a 7* unit...that's f*ckin nuts!

Now if you follow the meta then you'll find little to no use for a unit like Esther. She's nowhere close to units like Lassgen. She's not even at Tifa or Greg lvl and they were both essentially free units.

But as a 7* that can be UoCd for 18 tix she puts out very respectable damage. For new players she will be a godsend.

I'll ofc make it my personal mission to show the world what she can do in the coming weeks and months so stay tuned :)

19. RamenRan

RamenRan Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Eat it while its hot H7
    2XX
    It could’ve been worst, like way worst than what she could’ve receive
    Esther has a lot of memories with majority of us, well I hope so..
    She carried us through a lot of content and even if she may not be #1 in the damage department, she will remain as one of the best units to show up (at least for me)

Her damage is inferior to certain free units such as Greg and Tifa
    But why only care about damage?
    Bigger numbers doesn’t usually mean they’re better
    The game would be boring as hell if everyone receives a free Lass-Gen / Terra
    Having that sense of creativity by using a unit such as Esther to clear certain trials is way more interesting and entertaining to do rather than just letting bigger numbers do all the work for you

It’ll be uninteresting always seeing clears with just the meta units
    Even if her damage will be foreshadowed by later units, she’s at least stronger than what she was
    Heck I’m pleased with the results and didn’t even expect her to reach the top of the charts, she may not be the best but I will be messing around with Esther and reunite with some of the memories I’ve made with her

Besides, everything we have now will get powercrept one way or another
    So let’s just enjoy ourselves for now

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
    Sartre and Cylian like this.
  20. Sartre

Sartre Murder Bunny Enthusiast VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther, Nanaki, Physalis, Moog
    S
    Amen and H7 (the murder bunny salute)

fletcha and RamenRan like this.