1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

esther vs wol bartz

Discussion in 'Unit Discussion' started by ○●○●○, Feb 15, 2020.

1. ○●○●○

○●○●○ Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Magitek Warrior Terra
    hello, f2p player here. which one is better for now? i have one copies of each and i could use the select summon ticket to get another copies.... and can u pls include the f2p build aswell? thnks for the help and sorry for the grammar :)

2. Kevz

Kevz Ascended Member

3. Clodia

Clodia Ultimate Cat Lady VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    737 523 579
    Leads:
    Grim Lord Sakura
    What are your current damage dealers? Using UoCs for damage dealer is not a really good idea, unless you really really like the unit, because they are very replacable.

Both of these units were powercrept long ago, but they are still viable and sufficient to clean content (I can't say which one is better though, never used either). They are not really worth an UoC.

4. TheKillingJoke

TheKillingJoke old man VIP

Global ID:
    833 586 843
    Leads:
    Rab Event Event Karten XWQL
    answear unclear. ask again after esther enhancements in april.

5. Road Ants

Road Ants Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Bartz Wilhelm Fid Charlotte Lena
    Do not UoC either unit. Save those UoCs for meta support units.

Wdiggums likes this.
  6. ○●○●○

○●○●○ Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Magitek Warrior Terra
    Wdiggums likes this.
  7. ○●○●○

○●○●○ Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Magitek Warrior Terra
    umm u mean dps? actually in my main party im currently using tsukiko and i dont really have any good dps unit... thats why i asked.. thx for the answer:))

Clodia likes this.
  8. ○●○●○

○●○●○ Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Magitek Warrior Terra
    oh? okay then!

TheKillingJoke likes this.
  9. ○●○●○

○●○●○ Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Magitek Warrior Terra
    kayy, will save the ticket like u guys told me, thank you!:)

TheKillingJoke likes this.
  10. Clodia

Clodia Ultimate Cat Lady VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    737 523 579
    Leads:
    Grim Lord Sakura
    7* Tsukiko? She is a good DPS! ::happy::
    Not the best by any means, but she is definitely pretty decent!
    As others have suggested, save your UoC until you really need them (which means, you hit a point in the game where you really need an upgrade to proceed, which usually only really pertains support, tank, or healer units, because almost every fight can be fought slowly with mediocre DPS, whereas if you can't survive the fight, even the strongest DPS can't help you).

11. ○●○●○

○●○●○ Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Magitek Warrior Terra
    noted, thanks for the tips Clodia! i have mwterra and white lily dark fina too, is choosing tsukiko a great choice lol

Clodia likes this.
  12. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lilith/Evt/Evt/Esther/Yuna
    Are they (MW.Terra/WLD.Fina) at 7* ? If so, there are also solid dmg dealers (especially WLD.Fina in term of dmg-wise). As many people above said, I would recommend you settle down your Breakers/Tanks/Healer/Support first, before worrying about dmg dealers. What units do you have on those roles by the way ?

13. hotaru251

hotaru251 "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    this.

buttz beats esther, but esther is also likely to get enhancements soon that will make her better (no proof just assumptions)

14. BigNBald5

BigNBald5 Smashing trials the bald way VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    open
    White lily dark fina is currently the best mage in the game. DPS is damage dealer, whether it is Magical, Physical, or Hybrid my friend.

When it come to UoC Tix, most players are going to advise you to get a top magic tank, physical tank, support unit, Breakers (less common of a choice since some bosses cant be broken), or Healers because they last longer than units designed for damage. Damage units get crept out by another damage unit usually within 2 weeks at this rate... smh. Hell even tanks and support units are being crept out pretty quickly right now as well. My best tanks are still wilhelm and White Knight Noel, very very old units that are still getting the job done.

Main thing is to stay alive. you can figure out if you are doing enough damage, but if your team is dead, the amount of damage you can do doesnt really mean anything...

○●○●○ likes this.
  15. ○●○●○

○●○●○ Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Magitek Warrior Terra
    i could get it to 7*... soo wldfina or tsukiko? as for the team awol, ht lid 6*, yuraisha and folka. wdyt

16. ○●○●○

○●○●○ Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Magitek Warrior Terra
    i read that somewhere too, thats why im unsure and came to ask you guys! thx for the help

17. ○●○●○

○●○●○ Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Magitek Warrior Terra
    noted brother, i understand... i posted my team in someones answer and if you find it care to give me a review? :)

18. ○●○●○

○●○●○ Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Magitek Warrior Terra

19. BigNBald5

BigNBald5 Smashing trials the bald way VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    open
    team looks ok, I dont use lid or yuraisha, but they are solid in their roles. depending on what content you are going up against you should be ok. Any story mode you should crush. As for trials, you should crush early content, but sooner or later that 6* lid will get smushed (yeah I said smushed, lol). Hopefully you can get a 7* breaker soon.

20. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lilith/Evt/Evt/Esther/Yuna
    If you already have a dupe, go with whichever you already have a dupe. Dmg-wise, WLD.Fina is better than MW.Terra who is better than Tsukiko. (ironically, their support sides are in the opposite order. I would recommend you go for dmg though, support can come from other units in your team).

As many others, I, too, won't recommend spending UoC on dmg dealers. The reason is that dmg dealers are featured in a banner very very frequently. You can save up some Lapis and/or tickets and aim for one easily. If you miss one, just save up for a month or two and try again next banner which will likely guarantee a better dmg dealer than the previous one even.

On the other hand, breaker/tank/healer/support are typically quite uncommon to be featured. (For example, if we don't count limited time units, Charlotte was released like 4-5 months before Cecil and there were literally no other mag cover tanks between them). So, depending on what you need for your team, it will likely be more difficult to get those unit roles without UoC off banners.

That being said, if I were you, I would spending the UoC getting 7* breaker first. What other breakers do you have? While Lid is good and solid enough (and usable at 6*), there are better options these days. So I would say try spending UoC in such a way that you get the most out of it.

Apart from that, who do you have as mag cover tank? That is another crucial role to settle first. Your phy cover tank (A.WoL) and healer (Folka) are fine. Yuraisha are also good as a basic buffer.

Hope this helps.

○●○●○ likes this.