1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Even though I got Zenaida... I disapprove of what Gumi has been doing

Discussion in 'Rants, Raves and Accomplishments' started by Senturion, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Senturion

Senturion VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    A2, 2B, Aileen or Tidus usually
    Yes, Am one of those who got Zenaida quite easily through tickets but even so I can understand the frustration of many.

Enough about how much a cash grab recent events have been but everything starting from Anniversary has been disappointing.

Firstly, we didn’t even get a proper anniversary like the last ones. This one felt rush and unplanned. Gumi blames it on Covid etc.

Then they start rushing and skipping content to bring in Neo Visions. But not without milking the fan base by introducing big banners after big banners with little content in between.

The game is not supposed to be like that. We spend money / lapis for units and we are supposed to enjoy them for awhile with content to match.

But in the recent weeks we have been pulling unit after unit with no content to use them on. Before they become redundant the week after. My Irvine just got made redundant by Phoenix Jake who is now redundant because of Zenaida. That’s wrong.

the 36,000 lapis no guarantee banner for Zenaida is also wrong. It’s plain greedy. If Zenaida was released the way it was in Japan as a free unit, there will be no way to spend money to get Zenaida. Yes, some may get lucky but some don’t. But still, no way to “pay” for Zenaida. And gumi obviously put a lot of effort changing that by introducing this new banner type. Yet, so much effort to milk $$$ but zero effort to introduce content. We haven’t seen stories for a long time. So many banners skipped.

I don’t want to support this game anymore.

2. Vatenkeist

Vatenkeist c[_] VIP Supporter

Leads:
    Mugs to the chair.
    Well, quitting time is it?

Joke aside, the points are pretty valid - and its annoying, to say the very least. Wait until the shitshow folds out. We re not done yet. Pone well is a big if but kuja sure will come.

3. Senturion

Senturion VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Imagine fully potting Irvine and even before he can be used Phoenix Jake comes. Fine . F you gumi. Pulled Phoenix Jake and fully potted. I 7 star him after DV as the banner was still running while DV was on and I only UOC at the end.

Before I can even use Phoenix Jake, zenaida !

Same story from Elly to Selphie to Ace/Rem and then UDD.Fina straight after.

lakshimi Lid and Vaan.

It’s BS !

EchoEchoPotato, Sefiros and BigNBald5 like this.
  4. Talien

Talien Element resistl0rd VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    130/200 all resist SS Charlotte
    gumpi is trash.

encelor and EchoEchoPotato like this.
  5. seilaoque

seilaoque VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    DPS for latest trial.
    19x
    unit releases always have been faster than content.
    I agree it seems even faster now.... but still.

6. Hollis

Hollis The toxic JP elitist VIP

Japan ID:
    Leads:
    who knows?
    N/A
    no you don't disapprove this... you're still playing global ::rudecat10::

7. Senturion

Senturion VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    I can’t read Japanese

Infreus likes this.
  8. Hollis

Japan ID:
    Leads:
    who knows?
    N/A
    who said I'm inviting you over to jp? ::rudecat10::::rudecat10::
    I said you're still playing global thus you don't disapprove what gumi did...

9. ExHaseo

ExHaseo "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    If you really disapprove, stop whaling so hard and pulling every unit.

Weekendlover, encelor and Sagranth like this.
  10. Zilla731

Zilla731 Her Royal Highness THE Princess Anistasia Valkyrie Æsir Spooky Chocobro VIP Supporter Account Trade Moderator

Global ID:
    Leads:
    XWQL
    i thought you were FTP.
    why dont you just quit.
    either quit the game or quit bitching.

Weekendlover and FaRFrOmPoOpIn like this.
  11. illy

illy i'll make a cup of coffee for your head VIP Supporter Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    what support?

12. Veralian

Veralian Magenta Mmmm VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    FAV Yun, Event Rosa, NEM1 Eleven
    Everyone, EVERYONE knows by now NV is coming soon and Gumi is rushing banners FAST.
    When Irvine was here, he was a STMR unit ( Cloud was better and the LB was super long)
    When his banner dropped I pulled for him for the sole reason of his STMR and never used him.
    Phoenix Jake was deemed as a finisher that will be powercrept very soon ( which happened )
    There is literally no reason to pull for Fina if you had Ace and Rem. Again NV is soon.
    If you can't control your pulling habit then that's your problem.
    Vaan's banner was so obvious many knew it was the next banner after Lid. I'm sure you knew that.

Concensus here, we have the luxurious crystal ball to know what's coming and what's not pretty accurately most of the time.
    Gumi needs to make cash, and with the rush of NV they will keep bombarding us with a good banner after the other until NV comes. I wouldn't be surprised if Kuja is next week.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
    ExHaseo likes this.
  13. Swafnir

Swafnir "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Demon Rain by default
    Gumi did a really bad job with this anniversary so far. I also understand @Senturion being salty due to very frequent meta-banners. However, I think it is absolutely gumi's decision and if this way of rushing banners is their new business strategy, players can decide if they support this by playing and/or paying or if they quit. If one decides to still play this game, gumi's new business decision may require overthinking pulling strategies, but I cannot blame Gumi for anything; yet, Gumi has to deal with the consequences of making the playerbase salty.

Still even with Zenaida, imho Jake is by no means "redundant". We had this discussion several times and I do not see much sense in another one on this topic because one "side" cannot convince the other.

neoDanz, Infreus and Scheich like this.
  14. Unpossible_1

Unpossible_1 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Zenaida, WC Ace, Vaan, WH Raegan, Noel
    None of the units you mentioned are redundant. The current content is still easy enough to be tackled by them all, even DV. Will you be Top 10 in DV without *the* most current units? Probably not, but that's the whole point of ranking and chasing units...to get people to spend money to be on top. Otherwise, you don't really need to upgrade with every new release. Not needed one bit.

15. Hollis

Japan ID:
    Leads:
    who knows?
    N/A
    You're wrong... Senturion quits everyday and coming back the day after
    He's really quitting::ink::::ink::::ink::

16. Zilla731

Zilla731 Her Royal Highness THE Princess Anistasia Valkyrie Æsir Spooky Chocobro VIP Supporter Account Trade Moderator

Global ID:
    Leads:
    XWQL
    ya right. @Senturion quits every day just like he's FTP. all lies