1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Events with kill boss with esper Help!

Discussion in 'General' started by Riftur, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Riftur

Riftur Active Member

I have never been able to kill any bosses that need esper kills. I really need help so please list any units, items and equipment that boost esper skills. Please help

2. seilaoque

seilaoque VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther, Elly, event units
    18x
    use it as overkill damage.
    he just has to hit after the boss is already dead.

got to the turn you're going to the kill? fine.
    just call esper and chain like a madman.
    if the esper hits when bosses HP is already 0, then, it works.

Tamamo05 and Masvroh like this.
  3. Absolem

Absolem "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    737 567 686
    Leads:
    Akstar, KM, 2B, HSU, Gladio
    That won't help, you actually just need to hit the boss with an esper on killing turn. Get your esper ready, launch it, then chain the boss to death. You should only use Bahamut that way, longer animation helps for not hitting before boss dies.

Tamamo05 likes this.
  4. Riftur

Riftur Active Member

Maybe my timing was off but I have tried it. I am gonna try it not and let you know. My original plan was using Garnet because I head she gives some type of esper bonus. I also have Congnizant of the truth and was hoping there were other equipment and abilities.

Thanks

5. Riftur

Riftur Active Member

Also, I maxed out Odin, so I assume he is thee best for this

6. MasterBlaster1

MasterBlaster1 Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Diablos or tetra 3* have long animations and are usually good for the last hit.

EVO damage isn’t the easiest to boost from gear, so I would go with the strategy from seilaoque.

Your best bet is to do the nuke with a unit with innately high EVO

But to answer the question:

EVO gear would be evokers horn (I think an event item) Badrosa (STMR). Yunas Clothes (STMR)

Materia: Yevons wisdom or EVO magic 10. I think eiko STMR has some too.

Tamamo05 and Riftur like this.
  7. Andys

Andys Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Diabolos is very good for these missions. Just be wary of dark immune bosses - he won't do damage to them so no bonus mission.
    If you doing story events - equip him on Xon, if you go into tougher fight - on healer/tank/support (not damage dealer)
    Then when you sure your DDs can kill the boss on this turn, summon the esper, wait couple of seconds then attack with DDs. Unless your DD's attack is very very slow it should kill the boss before summon damage lands as overkill and this will fulfill the kill requirement.
    Seriously, if you've just started playing - get Diabolos ASAP. It will save you a lot of headache with those missions.

Tamamo05, Tanatos and Riftur like this.
  8. Riftur

Riftur Active Member

I am still learning about espers so I want to make sure that the higher their level, the higher the manage right?

9. Wdiggums

Wdiggums VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    depends on event and on request baybe
    Hope like hell they aren’t dark immune set diabolos esper on a unit you won’t use on final shot. Touch diabolos first wait half a second or so and then touch off your dps ( diabolos has a long waiting time to proc ) cheers good luck oh and second longest is bahamut I think. Otherwise chip away on boss till one percent health left and then use esper. Those are the two ways.

Tamamo05 likes this.
  10. spada

spada All hail the baconl0rd! VIP Supporter Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Currently Esther
    Overkill with chains and use esper with long animation. If the enemy isn't immune to non element, i suggest bahamut

Tamamo05 likes this.
  11. Absolem

Absolem "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    737 567 686
    Leads:
    Akstar, KM, 2B, HSU, Gladio
    You're misunderstanding, esper damage is irrelevant here. Your chainers will do the damage, you just have to make sure your esper is launched before the boss dies and hit after he's dead - as overkilled damage. Best way to do that is tap your esper, tap your chainers, profit. Odin is one of the worst to achieve that, he's way too fast.

Tamamo05, Matri and Wdiggums like this.
  12. Wdiggums

Wdiggums VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    This^^^ diabolos has longest wait time if dark immune use bahamut.

bwnyc and Matri like this.
  13. Andys

Andys Ascended Member

Global ID:
    I hope it was auto correction kicking it and you meant damage?
    Damage doesn't matter for this mission if you're not aiming to actually kill the boss with summon. Sure, you can take a specialized summoner into battle and try to actually deal enough damage to kill with summon, but it is much harder than just doing overkill damage. You don't have to actually land the last killing blow with summon, it works also if you deal overkill damage with it, that's why you need esper with longest summon delay so your other attackers had time to finish their attack and actually kill the boss. Then the summon damages already dead boss and that's the easiest way to fulfill the mission. Esper itself can be at weakest lv.1, it just need to deal some damage, amount doesn't matter.
    Diabolos can be obtained very early in the game, you just need to be strong enough to win first fight with him, you don't need to level him at all after that.
    Only when boss is dark immune you'll have to use other esper

14. Wdiggums

Wdiggums VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Doesn’t have to be overkill hit either, just the very last hit

15. Andys

Andys Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Well yeah, it's just much easier to outright aim at overkill than try to time your summon for finisher blow, also need to make sure the damage is enough to kill him. If you miscalculate then you're back to empty esper gauge and near-dead boss which possibly could trigger some thresholds

Tamamo05 likes this.
  16. Sefiros

Sefiros JOB: Forum member VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther/Bonus/Circe/Sylvie/Sieghard
    One more important thing to mention, as @Absolem said, first summon the esper and start the chain, if you first start the chain and then tap to summon an esper, esper might be not summoned due to game mechanics.

17. Wdiggums

Wdiggums VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Doesn’t have to be the killing blow either, just the last hit, critter boss could have already be hit with overkill blow so long as esper hits last you get the mission xD

18. Andys

Andys Ascended Member

Global ID:
    I think if it's an overkill hit, it counts even if it is not the last one. I roughly remember when I was still using Shiva her hits sometimes landed inside the chain and I still got the mission because the boss was dead by that time. Could be mistaken though, never actually had this happen since I got Diabolos

19. Riftur

Riftur Active Member

Thats my problem, I can not get him close to 1% without his dying and my esper deals less then 5%. Annoying

20. Riftur

Riftur Active Member

Tetra is the best to use?