1. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

2. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

EX points discussion.. how does it make you feel?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sustainer, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Onejah

Onejah Honey Boo Boo's fan VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Tidus
    72/81
    This !

A little bit of thread but it irritates me when people are saying "i need to roll for Orlandeau" or "i need to buy lapis to get this"... You need to breath or drink water, but you don't need to roll for something or buy lapis. You do it because you want to do it.

Yx and DRock like this.
  2. Sir Vincent

Sir Vincent The eternal student Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter

Leads:
    Shadow 200 ATK
    A game is always a luxury. And there's no NEED in a luxury.
    Well said.

DRock likes this.
  3. Kidwiz

Kidwiz Member

I have more fun playing the game now, rather than debating the non 100% guarenteed outcome of the future for Global. Plenty of changes and adjustments can be made to this Brand New system if/when it is ever implemented into Global.
    As a f2p I know it won't effect my game play at all, so it is an afterthought for sure. I have no 5* base since playing from launch , and really have had no problem with any content w/o whale friends or tmrs. For me the best reward is clearing the content with a mid quality team with strategy involved.

Wreckd likes this.
  4. Sustainer

Sustainer The Engineer Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Orlandeau, Noctis
    Not necessarily, I tend to spend a fair amount of cash on the game - I don't go into various aquan creatures hierarchy, but it does consume a reasonable amount of my disposable income.

Currently I have.. a virtually full pokedex (2-6 of most 4* base units, missing Ramza/Delita/Gilgamesh for 5* base, rest of pokedex is full except Duane lol..) - once enhancements start to hit my current unit box will continue to be able to carry me. I see no real point at this stage in sinking more cash in the game for getting either nothing, or more of the same.

I just fail to see value when my current unit box and further TMs will carry me, along with unit enhancements until the above feature comes out. I may open my wallet for Rikku, but Noctis takes away some of my desire for Tidus and 2x Tilith (I have 5..) will carry me for Healer/support for a long time.

The 500 point unit is extremely strong, guaranteed - and if I buy 18000 Lapis now, I am missing out on ~30% of the way to get said unit.

5. Revenge

Revenge Dark Messenger VIP Supporter

Leads:
    Chizuru
    Every whale can have every char. Do you know some hard whale that missed a char?

The only point here is that this char's will start to become exclusive to whales. Even dolphins will not have a chance.

6. S3PHIR0TH

S3PHIR0TH You need more HP :3 VIP Supporter

Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Onion Knight | Tidus
    Is this just me, or do I feel that global will implement this thing soon because of the extra money potential.

On another note, keep in mind that f2p can be just as good as whales. You just have to grind TMs to make your units OP, whales just can do it quicker.

K.Abuse likes this.
  7. Sikkun

Sikkun Well-Known Member

I have a 5* Duane pull from the first Lightning banner I will gladly trade you for any character.

8. Sustainer

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Orlandeau, Noctis
    Its a function of their revenue - myself and a # of people who spend a similar amount are reconsidering our current spending patterns based on this announcement.

9. Sefiros

Sefiros Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Tidus
    Yup and they will increase the number of points which you need, so probably this strong unit for 500 won't be for 500 but for 1500 points... don't forget its global

10. Sustainer

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Orlandeau, Noctis
    Looking at global 180 points would be similar.

We appear to have 3x the rates of JP for 5* base on banner and ARPU is about 1/3 - following that trend we would expect the costs to be reduced by 1/3 as well.

11. Sefiros

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Tidus
    Lets hope for that, with missions they gave us half of the lapis comparing to JP so anything could happen but lets be positive.

12. Killerdemon

Killerdemon Well-Known Member Supporter

Leads:
    WoL, Chiz, Cecil, Kef and Len
    I have thoughts/issues about this.
    first I'll start with the "negative ones"
    -having this the p2w component of the game , which until now it is relatively mitigated, will be a reality. And on a online game with some strategy component included might create some frustration among players. the" Big "rewards could put you really one step ahead of other players, not really having the talent/brains or deserving it;

-although the whales are who support the game, f2p are really what make a game big. the number of players, its community and consequently its vitality is what makes a game of this genre alive and interesting. forgetting their role, although they don't spend a dime, is a recipe for oblivion. and that's also a reason why these "f2p" games with in game purchases became so popular, surpassing the revenue of many established console franchises. Besides many f2p ultimately become p2p.
    -again the gap between who pay and who doesn't, might enlarge.

now the positive aspects:
    -spending your hardworking (at least for some) money having the huge risk of getting nothing is one of the problems with the current model. getting these rewards is actually fair. Sometimes, even with what I above mentioned, we forget that we're talking about money so there's nothing to joke about it . if I spend money I expect something in return.;
    -I don't really know about the future but if the gameplay remains like today, some envy aside when one finds a team with 5 noctis, there's really nothing a f2p couldn't do different than p2p. the trials and story content are achievable. even with enough grinding and patience after some TMR a f2p can also surpass dolphins and small/medium whales.;
    -by receiving those tickets, even the 5* ticket, one is still rng dependent. and that might satisfy and /or mitigate some f2p player base and the point above mentioned.

all in all, I believe that it might be a good thing taking the general picture into account. I don't see myself whaling for the top prizes since I only spend small amounts from time to time. One thing I'm not sure about, if it's a good thing or not, it's that although the top rewards are nice, it might not be enough to motivate one to spend much more and having pots as mid rewards are anything but stimulating... Maybe exclusive equipment would be a better move.

lets see what the future brings to us

13. Sir Vincent

Sir Vincent The eternal student Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter

Leads:
    Shadow 200 ATK
    I rather miss Lorraine. She is just another OK. And everyone can get OK already, or achievable.
    Exclusive items are more valuable because it normally won't be outdated or very slowly.

14. Killerdemon

Leads:
    You're basically thinking inside the box. thinking outside the was when someone thought that a starting f2p game could end up generating more income than many of the more elaborate, with heavier production costs console games.
    every day a game like this comes out, while we're seeing a lot of old developers going out of business.
    think that the ff7 had a gross sale of over 8 million copies and was one of the most successful... today smaller "f2p" games with easily get over a million downloads worldwide. does that mean that all of those who downloaded are playing and paying? obviously not, only a small percentage actually, but considering the very small production/distribution costs it is very worthwhile.

the f2p community are maybe leaching in your opinion. But actually they are what make these games expand, attract more gamers and increase their revenue. thus the bigger the community is, the bigger is the longevity of the game. actually many of these games fail to perform and end up closing servers because of not thinking about the f2p community. The developer com2us is a nice example of that, having shut down a lot of servers because they made that mistake at the beginning. now they're thriving with games that are strong f2p friendly but also p2w friendly.

So basically p2p are right when they emphasise their importance but so are the f2p. Think about the fb campaigns for example. They "made" advertise on our fb and ff xv. think about how many f2p did it and how much SE saved on publicity on fb and other platforms with that.

If there were no f2p as well as no p2p, either way these games would be dead

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  15. Killerdemon

Leads:
    that's exactly what I'm thinking about.. for something like this they shouldn't make an unit that would completely change the meta, but something like you said "everlasting"

but they did gave magitek terra as pre-order prize , or something like that, and we all know her worth lol

16. GranZon

GranZon Ascended Member

Btw, did this ex poin going to stay forever like that or. there's a time limit like until 1 banner end???

17. Slevi

Slevi Well-Known Member Supporter

The issue with exclusive ex point units is that is sets a dangerous precedent for free players.

Whats to say they wont lock futre fan favorite units like Cloud and Sephiroth behind an Ex pay wall?

Im glad that whales get a chance at a free 5* ticket for their contribution. The deserve that free 5* ticket, but barring those exclusive units unless you pay 450$+ is a slap to free players.

18. Sefiros

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Tidus
    It will stay, that's a permanent change until they decide to remove it but that won't happen.

19. Sefiros

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Tidus
    If they do that then f2p players will show their anger and quit this madness and I would be one of them probably. The most important thing is are those bonus units will be a game changer if not then it's grand.

20. Lhetos

Lhetos Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Fryevia
    As a f2p player I don't like the fact, that there are units behind a pay wall. It's okay for me if all player can get all units trough normal summoning and p2w can get these units faster trough money. But on the other side..I understand the p2w player as well (the current system with the troll rainbows is just bad).
    If it's just this unit "lorraine" and it's for p2w player only..i can live with that. But I think this unit is just the beginning. I think there will be more and more units behind a paywall. Maybe i'm just pessimistic. It's is just my experience in other games: At the beginning it's just 1 oder 2 units but soon there are new units each month or each 2 weeks (all behind a paywall). As soon as companies start hiding things behind a pay wall..a lot of the f2p playerbase gets angry and maybe quit. I mean what if they deciding to implement trials or events where u can participate with EX units only?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017