1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

extended again...

Discussion in 'General' started by Zilla731, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Zilla731

Zilla731 Her Royal Highness THE Princess Anistasia Valkyrie Æsir Spooky Chocobro VIP Supporter Account Trade Moderator

Global ID:
    Leads:
    GL 2booty, OK, Oldmandude, Tilith etc
    who'd have guessed. maintence extended by 2 hours again this week

fffan, Skye and Magoya like this.
  2. Chrizz

Chrizz "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    154 176 245
    Leads:
    Elena, Charlotte, Circe, Foltra,
  3. Skye

Skye Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Regina, Kryla, Nyx
  4. JimmyL

JimmyL Sleepless VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Double Zeno Double Sylvie
    Free lapis yay

5. RAO0823

RAO0823 Well-Known Member

Leads:
    A2, Cilka, Malph, NG Jake, Charlotte
    Nothing new here... ::rudecat10::

6. AnnieMae

AnnieMae "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Kurasame/Sophia
    I’d be surprised if it weren’t extended

7. Hillgigas209

Hillgigas209 Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Bonus unit/tmrs/Xon farm
    Extended Maintenance! giphy.gif
    Because...aliens

8. Lótus Haddock

Lótus Haddock "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Free lapis to pull another Step of Charlotte Banner \o/

9. dazzky

dazzky Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    K.Fina, Regina, SSC
    Life is harsh, some kids are starving, imagine waiting 2 hours >_<

10. Sefiros

Sefiros You can add me VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Bartz/Bonus/Circe/Charlotte/Esther
    Someone forgot to mention the game is up already...

11. JMC

JMC Active Member

Global ID:
    It's the principle of set expectations that keep constantly not being met.

Imagine if you went to a restaurant that was supposed to be a great experience but got crap service, so you got your meal at a reduced cost. But every time you went there, the same thing happened despite the manager telling you things would be improved. Sooner or later, you have a choice: either start asking that they fix the issues before something worse than bad service happens so it's worth your time and money to go there, or accept that the crap service is the new standard of the place and be complacent with how things are now (so long as you're still getting that discount, of course), at which point the company loses incentive to improve, and eventually those discounts are gonna stop.

I don't know about you, but I'd rather have decent expectations set and exceeded than compensated for what at this point is a trend of extensions that shouldn't be happening. No other game I have has issues with their maintenance this routinely to the point of predictability.

It may be two hours to you, but it can make the difference between an improved and stable product worth spending money on or just letting it go so you can get that free stuff in perpetuity. I'd rather have the improved product, personally.

Then again, I got ran off of Twitter yesterday and told I would make bad business decisions just for saying I didn't like the name of the Switch Lite (not even the concept, just the name, which isn't even a dealbreaker for me), so take my opinion for what it's worth.

12. Kaladin

Kaladin "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Sophia or event
    Wouldn't it be nice if one week they said "Due to unforeseen circumstances, maintenance was completed early" hahahahaha

DarkCobra and JMC like this.
  13. JMC

JMC Active Member

Global ID:
    And that's the point. When you've set the expectations low enough that maintenance being completed on time is cause for celebration, that's not exactly a good thing for the long-term.

Kaladin likes this.
  14. Kaladin

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Sophia or event
    Except by this point, it IS the long term.

15. Sonmon63

Sonmon63 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    I do not see the point of everyone complaining here. You do not like free lapis?

16. Sefiros

Sefiros You can add me VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Bartz/Bonus/Circe/Charlotte/Esther
    Time zone my friend, some ppl would like to burn their energy and orbs before going to work.

JMC likes this.
  17. Kaladin

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Sophia or event
    Well, it's like @JMC said above. They have created an issue of us expecting a bad result and us being okay with it rather than them striving to improve their product/image/pr/etc.

JMC likes this.
  18. JMC

JMC Active Member

Global ID:
    I prefer a stable program whose maintenance is completed when the company says it will be over constantly being compensated for extended times that weren't expected. The problem is, the latter is happening to the point where whenever they say it's four hours of maintenance, I assume six by default, and in the video game industry in general, that's generally not a good thing. I can only be compensated so many times before I start questioning how well the planning of these maintenance periods are executed.

How many times would you accept free food from a restaurant if you were constantly told that the meal would be done in 30 minutes, but it really took 50 every time?

19. JMC

JMC Active Member

Global ID:
    Exactly. I don't exactly have the option of wasting my full day on the game, so I want to get that stuff done ahead of my work shift. When these maintenance periods get extended, that's no longer an option for me, and it throws off the entire rhythm.

20. Sonmon63

Sonmon63 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    I tend to disagree, if they did not compensate then i will complain or just move on to another game.

No one is perfect and there is no perfect game out there. We can compliment Gumi for the fast reaction and the compensation but asking them to be perfect is asking the impossible. They can only test so much in the game before releasing and the programmers act on a deadline. I recall a past thread where a 6-8hour announced maintenance encountered complaints, thus, not everyone can be pleased.

What we are experiencing now is nothing that what happened before. Note that I used to recall getting free 10+1, lapis on their f-ups and these are more than just "free meals". The "Hack" has the game down for a day and i am very happy with that free 5k lapis. Having played this game for almost 3 years now, a 2 hour extension is nothing. I much rather wait out the extension and enjoy the freebies.