1. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

2. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Featured Summon - FFBE Dark Fina Revealed 1/6 - 1/19 (Dark Fina, Elle, Luka)

Discussion in 'Old News & Events' started by Jose, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Jose

Jose Purple lord VIP Supporter

Leads:
    GL: MAH BOI CECIL JP: Bronion Knight
    [​IMG]
    Personal evaluation

Dark Fina - New best global mage for a long time. Best magic boosting TM
    Luka - Good healer. Refia is still better
    Elle - TM unit

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
    Abudaman, Vayhn and JChunks like this.
  2. Vash426

Vash426 VIP VIP Supporter

So excited for Dark Fina! Just hope Orlandeau is not right after this. Lol.

Tryma likes this.
  3. Syuri

Syuri Ascended Member Supporter

Is refia still better?
    I mean i know my chance of getting dark fina is like.. 100% as an ally.. ^^ not as my unit.. so if refia still better, i think i stick to daily pull..

4. Arngrym

Arngrym Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Dark Fina, Cecil, Noctis, CoD, Luka :D
    I'm excited for Luka pulling for her shouldn't be too tough and still a chance at Refia when I do, as for dark Fina she's cool but her only appeal is finally replacing Exdeath for me personally. Wouldn't complain to get her though, Elle though has a nice tank ring >_>

5. Vash426

I am only doing daily pulls too for now. I have a feeling Gumi is going to pull the "screwed players on purpose" trick again. Basically release a must have unit... Dark Fina... then people (whales) burn all their lapis and tickets to get her... then release Orlandeau right after forcing said whales to buy tons and tons of lapis to do the same on his banner.

6. Khidir

Khidir Well-Known Member

It's like they give us the crappy banner and extra tickets to save for the better banner!

I'm cool with that.

7. Vash426

Dark Fina is really an op mage but in another thread recently it was pointed out that in jp physical damagers is the really popular way to go because they are easier to gear out. And I can see that and agree. I would love her but wont put much effort into pulling her. My goal here is to do dailies and hope to get lucky and if not get some of the other units for their TMs. Then go all in on Orlandeau banner because he is still top tier only coming second to Onion Knight. Besides I would prefer a strong physical team anyways. Dark Fina would rule but odds are so small and she isn't top damage or top rated. All the top rated units are physical dps.

TooLegit50 and Baboo22 like this.
  8. Nina

Nina Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    CG Nina
    Luka lacks Curaja, Esuna and Full Life. So she is missing rather significantspells for a healer.

9. Jose

Jose Purple lord VIP Supporter

Leads:
    GL: MAH BOI CECIL JP: Bronion Knight
    She has skills to make up for that. One being the same as tiliths' heal skill (that cures aliments + heals) and the other being a quite great regen move that is 1.5k regen/turn for all allies for 3 turns

TooLegit50, Sparkle, Nouk and 2 others like this.
  10. seilaoque

seilaoque Ascended Member

Dark Fina seems pretty crazy, TM is great, Distress will be bananas in the Arena, Physical Fall is an absurd break ability, not sure on how Dystopia works, but probably will be crazy.

she basically has Exdeath damage (slightly higher in fact), can use proper Mage gear and has some damn good supporting skills.

Issue here is, the weaker characters on her banner are kinda lackluster.
    Luka is alright, but I already have Tilith and Refia... so, I don't care.
    her TM is cool, though, crazy good for Tilith.

Elle is pretty meh, TM is cool for tanks, but not really top tier, I guess I'll be fusing my Elles together and if I somehow pull 21 of them through the ages, I'll have his TM, lol, I don't really see me grinding that TM, it would be FAAAAR behind in the queue.

TooLegit50 likes this.
  11. down&dirty

down&dirty Well-Known Member

Naaaah... will skip this one, for all i know exdeath & refia still in the game.

12. dariakyl

dariakyl Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    I will skip this banner, got Exdeath and Refia/Tilith, so no real need for this.

13. CrovaxSK

CrovaxSK Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lightning
    Oh gawd. This is a trap for sur. Once the banner ends they will relase Orlandu.... Probably only going to go with daily pulls and hope for the best ...

TooLegit50, Vayhn and Vash426 like this.
  14. Skullkid

Skullkid Well-Known Member

i agree i have a dps team which i prefer plus i have exdeath if i ever wanna use a mage so ill be saving for orlandu

Vash426 likes this.
  15. Vash426

Yep. Dark Fina is like an amazing mage but once you get physical units like Orlandeau and stronge physical dps I figure mages can be skipped. I am happy using my ExDeaths in arena and though I would prefer her they do the same job and with ExDeath I can just chain multiples of that unit together unlike Dark Fina's 5* based self. Lol.

16. Vash426

Actually she is not. She may not be as awesome as Refia's full life revive but she is actually just as good. Reason I say that is even at 5* Tilith is awesome because she has Celestial Light. Its a curaja and ensuna combined into one. So instead of having to choose to heal or remove status with her you get both in one skill. Luka has the same. So actually Luka does have a Curaja and a Ensuna on her but they are combined into one making them even better. So yes I still prefer my Refia but Luka is actually right there with Refia just with a weaker revive.

17. Vash426

I agree. Dark Fina is amazing. She is the Orlandeau of magic dps. See Orlandeau has some op attacks but what helps him is also his mp regen allowing him to go longer. So does Dark Fina. She is better than ExDeath simply because she is self reliant in being able to constantly regen mp. Yes you can get it back with osmose normally but if the enemy you drain doesn't have a lot of mp it is wasted. Osmose is great on bosses but still having an auto regen mp is better than using a move to recover mp because you are out.
    Also Dark Fina's magic is amazing. Where as for ExDeath his best skill to dualcast is meteor, for Dark Fina it is Ultima. Yes! She can dualcast ultima because she gets that as a magic ability. So for her that is a .3 times more damage than ExDeath on her already higher magic stat. Not to mention she can wear magic gear unlike ExDeath who is confined to armors. Also what really makes her really op is her Enhancements later on. She gets a reduced cost on casting Ultima. It cost the less than meteor at 45 mp and its ignore 25% defense becomes a 50% as well as a 7 hit instead of one! So now her Ultima is a chainable attack!
    And to answer your question on how Dystopia works is it is an extremely op attack. It is a consecutive damage attack. Meaning if you use it each round it goes up in damage. It starts as 280% damage. Then on the next turn if used again it goes up 160% each time for 3 turns. Meaning each round it gains 160% for an end total on the third round of 760% damage! Yet in its base form Ultima cast twice each of those rounds would still do more damage each round, but eat up your mp a lot faster. However the enhanced version is a lot stronger in it does 410% base damage with an increase of 250% per round for 3 rounds for a total on the final round of 1160% damage!
    So yeah she is awesome. Not to mention she has status immunities which are really nice as well as a good counter too. Which ExDeath also lacks. Imagine she gets hit then hits the enemy with an aoe magic attack. Also she gets great passives and has one of the strongest TMs for mages. Its the magic version of Blade mastery. Where as blade mastery gives 50% to attack for using a katana for physical units this one gives 50% to mag if equipped with a rod and robes which most mages would have anyways... except ExDeath. Lol.

So she is strong and would be awesome to have but again I bet you anything Orlandeau is just around the corner.... unless Gumi sees him as too much of a power creep and jump in their versions status so they hold off releasing him like they did with the entire Type-O banner and the 24 hour banner releases. After all the 24 hour zidane banner would make this game so much easier if everyone had dualwield. Lol. So I am just daily pulling and saving for Orlandeau for now.

Valmanway, Leinx, Khidir and 7 others like this.
  18. Jeany1234

Jeany1234 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Luneth 1077 ATK
    The only thing you are missing is that chaining is only possible if you can... well chain. Therefore you would need another Dark Fina. It is way easier to get three or four Exdeath 3*-base units to chain DC Meteor than more than one Dark Fina. Still I agree with all you said. Great wrap up of her!

Vash426 and Arngrym like this.
  19. JesterXV

JesterXV Ascended Member

Japan ID:
    Leads:
    JP/GL: Orlandu
    F2P
    If you have ExDeath skip this banner mages has little use in this game, having Mfina is just for bragging rights but shes op mage for arena her counter hurts.::ink::

Veritas of the Wine and Daggoth like this.
  20. Veralian

Veralian Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    OK 1210 ATK and Trance Terra 1088 MAG
    Hope Elle spams as much as charlotte,his TM is decent.

JesterXV likes this.