1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

News FFBE 4th Anniversary Stream Summary

Discussion in 'News & Events' started by KeybladeMaster97, Aug 16, 2020.

1. Xshock

Xshock Wait for NV Fryevia -s2- VIP

Looking for unforeseen circumstances of this week. How many hour extended and how many bug this time ? Btw plenty of free thing include free lapis and info about new exclusive NV unit were good thing Gumi do this time. We could say "Happy Anniversary" now guys ::blackmage::::blackmage::::blackmage::

2. Jerry

Jerry "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    NV, NVA, event
    Here are my expectations ::rudecat12::
    Maintenance: 21-6 + 2 hour extension
    News with issue report: 3
    Overall issue count: 5
    App restart "new data exists": 2

May your summons be
    ::nvcrystal::

3. blaQ

blaQ Ascended Member

Its very natural for a prologned maintenance with an update that will change alot of stuff, introduce quality of life features and new contenent that integrates with it..

btw all EX points will reset :) but it will be compensated with all current achieved ex point rewards..

4. SummonerBWM

SummonerBWM VIP VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    CG Kuja, Foo, Tifa, DB Fina
    I just want to say I find it hilarious at the people here who didn't watch the stream already trying to complain and didn't even let Keyblade finish posting (ALthough I think he should've just wait for the stream to finish and then post everything so there will be no misunderstanding and the like). Can we in general enjoy everything that we will be getting with NV coming? It gets tiresome seeing the same ol' players complaining.

5. KeybladeMaster97

KeybladeMaster97 VIP VIP Supporter News Announcer

Global ID:
    Leads:
    AC Cloud AC Tifa Mystina DPFina Cecil
    That was the original plan but unfortunately because of how I was adding the images to the site after 10 images I wouldn't be allowed to add any more so I kinda had to go with the flow on it.

AustinValentine and SummonerBWM like this.
  6. daima

daima "Hall of Fame" Member

Dont worry, PG lasswell is pretty good on NV and his sprite is a lot more classy.

Nixilu, AustinValentine and Clodia like this.
  7. Clodia

Clodia Cat President of Phy Kappa Moog VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    737 523 579
    Leads:
    GLS, Lassgen :3, Lasswell :3, Physalis
    That's true, but I grew fond of Shiva Lass, and also horsie Raegen ::rudecat4::

Nixilu and AustinValentine like this.
  8. liddokun

liddokun "Hall of Fame" Member

I think they will eventually release 'awakenable to NV' version of the recent new 5* based from the NV era. But it's far ahead in the future when there's another one tier up from the NV units.

You probably noticed that they don't release 3* and 4* based anymore starting from the NV era. And they used old 3* and 4* based as the new 5*-7* units. Basically starts from the NV era the new 5*-7* units is the lowest tier, just wow lol.

As for the older 5*-7* units I also think they will eventually get their NV version too. It's just like the 7* era back then. But I don't recall if they made an official statement that every 5* based will get their 7* form, so I could be wrong here.

aa25 likes this.
  9. RaagisEd

RaagisEd "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Varies
    I was wrong... only 12h maintanance ::cactuar::

10. Xshock

You forget the unforeseen circumstances ::ink::

Danziger and RaagisEd like this.
  11. RaagisEd

RaagisEd "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Varies
    Lets hope Gumi forgets them... or doesn't... or yeah ok. Maybe we'll also get Neo compensations for extendeds.

12. Xshock

Hmm 200 lapis and 10x NRG bottle again ::sarcasm::

13. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    That is the message I am getting from this too. (i.e. new 5*-7* units are replacing 3*-4* units as mostly TMR/STMR fodder. Although, I feel like they are more replacing 4* units from 6* era where they are usable, but likely less effective than a full 5* based.) Then, giving the speed that they release NV forms of some old rainbows, I don't think they will catch up with the amount of existing rainbow. If this really is the case, these NV forms of old rainbows may just be 'transition-smoother'. Then, as you said, by the time some units get their NV forms, they may already be irrelevant to the meta. (Similar to how some 3*-based units got their 6* forms, but were still irrelevant to the meta.)

I guess, if all of these NV forms of old rainbows are indeed 'transition-smoother', the next question would be when the next transition to 'the real NV meta' will occur. By that time, I won't be surprised if they stop releasing new NV forms of old rainbow entirely and focusing on releasing NV-based units. That is, some old rainbow units may already be at there last breath now. On the other hands, if they announce that every old rainbow will get NV forms, that may at least semi-guarantee that some of those units will still get to some place to stand in the meta, may not be at the top, but at least an 'adjustment' to fit the meta.

AustinValentine and liddokun like this.
  14. Lótus Haddock

Lótus Haddock "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    In the last two years I always watch the streams... But I forgot the stream and remembered to confer the news only now. If they talked only about NV it's a little sad =.=

15. Pristan

Pristan Exactly What It Says on the Tin VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Maybe I'm just wrong here, but aren't there some NV you don't really want to awaken?
    I mean, is anyone really upset that Now watch me pick the one rainbow that everyone secretly loves and no one talks about... Shadow Lord hasn't seen NV awakening yet? And I bet we'll all be okay if he doesn't.

And while know people out there really like whatever that guy from FFX's name was and Squall, I doubt people will be devastated if CG FFX Guy/Squall gets an NV and OG FFX Guy/Squall never does. In fact, part of me wants them to do something more interesting with them -- like they make it so that you can turn OG FFX into pearls and shards for CG FFX. Or even just pearls.

Heck as long as they tell us "Squall is dead. Long Live CG Squall," officially so that we know that there's no issue in doing so, I wouldn't be upset if he was just a STMR and trust coin.

The issue is that we will never know that for sure and so we will hold on to Shadow Lord and Delita and Squall until the servers shut down.

(Edit: fixed spelling of FFX guy by removing his name altogether instead of fighting stupid autocorrect.)

Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
    EchoEchoPotato likes this.
  16. SummonerBWM

SummonerBWM VIP VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    CG Kuja, Foo, Tifa, DB Fina
    It's Tidus bro. Tidus. TEA. DUS. XD

17. Pristan

Global ID:
    Autocorrect makes these things not worth fixing, but just for you... :P

Jerry likes this.
  18. Jerry

Jerry "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    NV, NVA, event
    Lol, nicely corrected :D
    Knew from the beginning it's autocorrect just like Reverts (Reberta) for example.

19. Pristan

Global ID:
    Yeah, I have nothing against T I D U S. But also no warm fuzzies for him.
    I take issue with a lot of these fictional people, but I never played FFX and so I never learned to dislike him.

Squall should be called "Discount Dye-job Cloud." Mont is "Discount Rain" which is particularly sad because Rain is "Discount Ramza." Zell is a Chicken-wuss. And Irvine's kit should include, "sit in the corner and think about what you've done" and "write I'm sorry I was programmed 100 times on the blackboard."

20. FaRFrOmPoOpIn

FaRFrOmPoOpIn "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya........" VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Old Cloud will get NV when NV Aerith comes out