1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Event FFBE Unit Design Contest 2019 | List of selected units | Voting has started | Winning Units

Discussion in 'News & Events' started by Carnefix, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Carnefix

Carnefix Moderator Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter German Moderator Arena Runner Up S2 Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    416 022 660
    Leads:
    Zeno, Esther, Circe, Cid
    And this were the support says that it is okay to use original FF characters and inspiration: https://old.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/d6cjmh/unit_design_contest_again_entries_picturing/

Still they same team that said the opposite a few weeks before. Always contradicting themself like they did over the years.

2. Ashlag

Ashlag Avoid political talk here, it's a landmine Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Great shit, I swear
    19x
  3. Avengerx

Avengerx Ascended Member

How can you not choose Buppo? A dog on a levitating book O_O.
    Too bad about Pandora, love the art and would really love another scythe using female caster.

4. House of Anchors

House of Anchors Ascended Member Supporter

I feel a little less bad for having to miss the deadline since someone else did a behemoth character (although I was trying to design a mage-wannabe green magic/phys chainer but unfortunately timed family emergencies, oh well).

No bangaa characters in the running though. What would people think about a counter-healer phys tank? Really wanted to submit a white monk-/templar-inspired phys tanker... I even learned how to use my tablet to "draw" things. Disappointment in myself. ::rudecat4::

Pandora: What about Sice (ugh), Elza, and GLSak? I think all the scythe users are female as it is? They're also all at least vaguely goth and super pale. Do we really need another one? I'm actually glad this one is out by being plagiarized.

For the Debuffers, Kaktiria at least has an interesting-sounding backstory, despite a costume almost entirely divorced from it. (Credit for the haniwa face on the glove which can only be seen on close-up and what I assume are glowy cactuar needles surrounding her in the rest of the drawing.) It would also be nice to have a female character without an entirely typical female haircut.

Buppo: I think that's exactly why I would avoid it - it's literally just a dog on a book. Could've had a wand made to look like a bone, and have him holding it or perhaps the parchment in his mouth, maybe have the parchment ends be the front and back ends of a dog or something, but... no, it's just a normal dog with some absolutely normal "magical" accessories.

For the Buffers, I like Dandara and Lilianne myself, the artists decided on a theme and stuck with it for a coherent and cute result.

I realize belatedly no one actually asked for critique on these but boy do I have some. ::spoony::

5. Avengerx

Avengerx Ascended Member

We have exactly 1 female goth spear user caster, GLS that is limited. And the emphasis was on spear using casters, doesnt even have to be female tbh. Just that with the buff to GLS's Reaver TMR it's a pity that we only have like 2 characters able to use it (and out of that 1 is still considered at least semi-good).

(I'm just salty that I got the rare trait on Reaver and it gives atk :D)

6. House of Anchors

House of Anchors Ascended Member Supporter

I'm also kinda sad that spears are stuck without a rare Mag enchant, too. At least you got HP out of it to make her more tanky, though, that's a plus.

7. Avengerx

Avengerx Ascended Member

Aye, I have no idea why we can't have the rare traits as "highest weapon stat " +X% instead, would be a huge QoL upgrade.

8. KeybladeMaster97

KeybladeMaster97 VIP VIP Supporter News Announcer

Global ID:
    Leads:
    AC Cloud AC Tifa Mystina DPFina Cecil
    Winners has been announced on the livestream.

The Winners are:
    • Physical Attacker: Noppy
      • [​IMG]
    • Magical Attacker: Ygni
      • [​IMG]
    • Healer: Cressnik
      • [​IMG]
    • Buffer: Bulwark
      • [​IMG]
    • Debuffer: Kaktiria (Won due to original winning design withdrawing from the contest)
      • [​IMG]
    • Tank: King Behemy
      • [​IMG]
    • Boss 1: Kyros
      • [​IMG]
    • Boss 2: Mater Caelestis
      • [​IMG]
    • Boss 3: Auhlsotho
      • [​IMG]

9. hotaru251

hotaru251 "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    2 moogles, a male healer, a chocobo/cactuar/moogle/tonberry unit, behemoth tank.

look forward to them all (especially behemoth tank~)

10. KeybladeMaster97

KeybladeMaster97 VIP VIP Supporter News Announcer

Global ID:
    Leads:
    AC Cloud AC Tifa Mystina DPFina Cecil
    I couldn't agree more, I'm prepared to go broke on lapis for these units (Especially for King Behemy,)

Hillgigas209, Danziger and hotaru251 like this.
  11. AgriasOaks21

AgriasOaks21 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Shui Yu, NV Loren, Faisy, Event
    Upside to almost none of my picks winning is I'm gonna be able to save a lot of lapis/tix lol

12. Hollis

Hollis Celes fanboy VIP

Japan ID:
    Leads:
    who knows?
    N/A
    The winners look disgusting ::rudecat10::

13. blaQ

blaQ Ascended Member

honestly... i would LOVE a Jaina Proudmoore

14. Dragoon87

Dragoon87 Ascended Member