1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  3. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  4. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

News FFBE Video Update - Merry Xmas to...Tiana...seriously?

Discussion in 'News & Events' started by Sartre, Dec 20, 2021.

1. Sartre

Sartre Esther is my Goddess Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter News Announcer

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther...that is all...
    H7

Because this is what we all asked for this christmas?

It's moments like these where I feel like Gumi has really lost touch with the playerbase at this point, and I'm honestly not at all excited about the upcoming banner, event, or even the CoW against yet another "[insert boring general monster type here] of Unknown Origin". Even better, I highly recommend you watch the part at the end where Shaly says "we're still here, still kicking, still making content..." as though nothing is wrong with that picture. If you have to tell the community that the game is still alive, then something's up.

But I don't want to wander down the rabbit hole of conspiracy and "this game is dead" memes. Frankly, I'm getting a little tired of waiting for some good news, and so to keep my sanity I'm going to be taking a break from the news and the game for a while. This time of year is always busy, and with daycare closed for the next 2 weeks, my 2yo is going to be consuming most of my time, with whatever is left devoted to my family and friends, as well as a much-anticipated trip to the Tablelands to get away from this dreaded summer heat.

I fully intend to return mid- to late-January (probably around the time of the CoW after this upcoming round). This means I also will not be able to devote the time to the regular CoW Guides that I've been doing since Kyros, which I must sincerely apologize for since that is typically much more helpful than my news posts. If I can find the time one day next week to do it, I will, but with the maintenance happening the day before xmas eve, there's a good chance I won't even get to play the CoW event within the first week.

So if anyone wants to carry the torch this round of CoW, please feel free to do so. You won't be stepping on my toes, believe me.

I doubt I'll even bother trying to rank this upcoming CoW, but I will try to get at least a lvl 90 clear to pick my last NV unit from the shop. I already have the Magisters Regalia so I honestly don't need the xenoshards.

With that, I will bid you happy holidays, and may the rest of your year be full of good cheer and warm memories!

See y'all next year!

Wdiggums, Phinny, Fishreca and 13 others like this.
  2. Xshock

Xshock Wait for NV Fryevia -s2- VIP

I'm saving lapis for .... THIS , NO WAY. I will do Fragments summon (my Sep need 30 fragments more) and done , wait for Lunar Newyear (mostly disappointed again). Btw Sweet Christmas to everyone.

Eynskaet and Sartre like this.
  3. LurkerRamza

LurkerRamza Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther, Xeno, TT, LM Fina, SSC, Bonus
    Happy Holidays, enjoy the kid, they don't stay small forever.
    We'll still be here, and so will the game (though content may be getting questionable)

The thing that concerns me most is the rediculous amount of quality control errors in this last event. It was just sloppy.

Hopeful positive, I'm curious about the unit reworks at least.
    Kryla is a long time favorite of mine. ::salty::

Kaladin, Eynskaet and Sartre like this.
  4. hotaru251

hotaru251 "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    also doesnt help they yet again buffed former NVA holiday units instead of give us new NVA holiday units <_<....

DaMadDogg, Danziger and Sartre like this.
  5. iBuko

iBuko “Common sense is not that common” VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    868 418 572
    Someone is preferring real life to FFBE?!

I am shocked! Lol

enjoy your life mate!

6. Thiago Amorim Neves Reis

Thiago Amorim Neves Reis "Hall of Fame" Member

I felt that one coming, bud. Take your time, I am taking mine too. Gonna make my things today, was not letting pressure pile up or mess my things for a game. The sidekick for now is Dynasty Scrolls Conquest, if feels like Might and Magic Era of Chaos but more F2P friendly.
    This month was slow, SLB units are usually unfun. What I wanted? A Tiana in a white chocobo balloon, or a Fryevia riding a Christmas cart, or a Frenzied WKN beast like a Behemy, maybe a green Beryl with elf ears.

Sartre likes this.
  7. M!to

M!to ▀█▀ █ █▄ ▀█▀ VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    [​IMG]

My body is also not ready for this Tiana, so many good options...
    Take your time to relax with your family, your guides surely will be missed, but if is better for you, for sure is better for us, ty

Sartre likes this.
  8. Talien

Talien Element resistl0rd VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    130/200 all resist SS Charlotte
    So turdana 2.0 is their big reveal? Trash, as usual.

Sartre likes this.
  9. b3l14l

b3l14l 4|>|>|23/\/7|(3 70 7|-|3 5463 0|= (4/\/(3|2 VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Agreed x1000. I'm not one for "this game is dying" either. I have played several games that were supposedly on their last leg, yet are still around today. One I stopped playing about 14 years ago, was "dead" due to a huge loss of the player base thanks to a very stupid update they did and it still lives. But yeah, something is definitely up.

Anywhos, you do a ton for the community. Take that break, enjoy life, especially enjoy your 2yr old and get out of that blazing, humid, unbearable heat! We'll still be here with open arms when ya get back :D

Sartre likes this.
  10. thosewhofighton76

thosewhofighton76 Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    6.5k Av Tifa
    160ish
    I feel you on this one, for me its been almost since the main story ended that my interest has dwindled pretty much to the point of i login collect daily rewards and log out. I elected to get my fix from Mobile Legends Adventure, its free and i have yet to hit a pay wall which is nice and i have been playing for almost a year.

Anyways Happy Holidays to everyone and lets pray for some new content (or a new game) in 2022.

Sartre likes this.
  11. Talien

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yeah.....thinking about it, story is something this game has lacked since toward the end of season 2. If you want story, there's always Another Eden.

12. Dragoon87

Dragoon87 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Raegen, Zargabath, Yuna, Noctis
    Was hoping for Christmas Charlotte and a boss awakening for Folka

13. RaagisEd

RaagisEd "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Varies
    What they said, happy break and happy holidays! (crazy how summer and winter get crossed around the globe)

Also
    Lets see if i can step on your toes by adding a community dare or something on clearing it with Slime as DPS ::nerd:: (just reading the 50% tresshold has been moved to a bonus mod, so hopefully everyone can clear it again)

Sartre likes this.
  14. hotaru251

hotaru251 "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    jp gets her nva and apparently visuals are ncie but shes useless ;/

15. Avengerx

Avengerx "Hall of Fame" Member

Even if the previous NVA units get crazy good, we will have like 9 5* units on the banner of whom 7 are totally useless.

Eh and I was so looking forward to a WKN NVA...

16. Talien

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Useless to us? Yes. Useless to gumpi? No. They'll make a lot of money for gumpi when people pull and keep digging through the piles of outdated trash to get the good ones.

Basically people will go in on that banner thinking they're pulling for what they want, but really what they're pulling for IS ME, DIO! is the other units that gumpi wants them to have instead.

17. Razgriz

Razgriz "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    GLS / Event / Event / Tifa / Dat Bunny
    X-mas units are not my thing, so i don't expect them... but with this even i am dissapointed ::desch::

Sartre likes this.
  18. Phinny

Phinny "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Chainers, LB finishers, bonus units
    Tablelands as in eastern Canada? That's the other side of the world for you! If you stop into NY, give a good wave, will ya?? Our two year olds will love it.
    Game, shmame, this adventure is what counts! Enjoy it, brotha.

Sartre likes this.
  19. Sartre

Sartre Esther is my Goddess Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter News Announcer

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther...that is all...
    H7
    Would be awesome to see a Slime clear! :)

Expecting nothing, and still getting disappointed seems to be the way these last few weeks.

I wish i was travelling to North America, but I'm just going to the Tablelands in North Queensland. Close enough to home to drive, and high enough in elevation to escape the summer heat.

I'll still give a wave while I'm there tho :)

RaagisEd and Phinny like this.
  20. RaagisEd

RaagisEd "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Varies
    It would... and the good news, it can be done! (i think in theory even a full 3-4* base unit team can clear this, or even a solo unit clear like the old days) But it will take some turns ::zzz::
    Everyone with enough elemental resist gear can clear it.

Sartre likes this.