1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Final Fantasy 7 Batch Review by Memel0rd

Discussion in 'Unit Reviews' started by Memel0rd, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Monkeydancer

Monkeydancer Ascended Member

Leads:
    Penelo, Shadow, Bedile, Clyne, Anzelm
    Maybe it's just me, but a fully decked a2 tears the dragon in KM event to shreds with dual cast Avoid heavy attack. Tifa on the other hand can't, and needs more turns to setup damange. With only one turn available (dragon hits hard without a tank and a team with all bonus units, so need to otko) she hits like a wet noodle.

Not to mention that she needs some exclusive stuff to gear her (TF29, limited unit Adam, 2x aloha lasswel for TDW and Stmr knuckles) just to get her dmg closer to that of A2. The unit in my friend list had 2087 atk and he was quite decked out along with the right esper (TDW gear, only missing stronger knuckles). Tifa is really dissapointing and she time travelled right into the hands of the powercreep...

Hopefully I can find the sweet spot for a team composition with an unit with brotherhood and the water knuckles next week.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
    AustinValentine likes this.
  2. Manveru

Manveru "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Thank god Squall is top meta tho.

XD

It's funny when you realize that GLEX units are all you need and you don't even need to look at JP meta. I bet my ass we will get Akstar-level GLEX dps shortly after his banner.

Cylian and Xhominid The Boss like this.
  3. Leon3456

Leon3456 Well-Known Member

More like they know fan favorites will get the pull regardless so they really have to sell their original BE units.

4. Vamie

Vamie Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    But he is FF8 no?

5. Manveru

Manveru "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Yeah that was the joke, because avatar.. nevermind :(

6. Cylian

Cylian Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther and Charlotte?
    168ish
    OK, following the writing style of the comments here - Got 2 Clouds from dailies and tickets unintentionally (f2p(eF), so thought (T)DW is my future), while was indeed storing lapis for Sephy after watching EvilLaughter's JP pull for him. For the record, Sephy drops as the very last pull of two Step Ups, depleting my lapis then. Not really a fan of FF7 (even though it's the very first FF played), so ... just pulling dailies here.

... Anyway, read about Sephy's JP enhancements while reading about Akstar - https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/8x9wkt/jp_sephiroth_enh_update/

Sometimes I would think - maybe we shouldnt enhance his W-ability if we are sure we want him as a TDW, as weird and crazy as it may sound. It's another +30% attack. Thinking of not enhancing Cloud at all too, but ... quite a waste. He is good enough to clear the Bombs trial as a 6* already, right? ::joy::

7. Garuda1984

Garuda1984 Ascended Member Supporter

I don't mind for this kind of review, this batch review is already very helpful for Me. Thank you very much for your efforts.

Hope all is well in your preparation for the upcoming exam :D

8. snoman2016

snoman2016 Ascended Member

U
    U dont want him as tdw

Cylian likes this.
  9. Cylian

Cylian Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther and Charlotte?
    168ish
    Doesnt make real sense, right? ::joy::

10. Beelzeboss

Beelzeboss Ascended Member Supporter

ex197
    I'll ask this here since most questions on reddit get ignored. Why Thor's Hammer instead of Aigaion's Fist for higher LB fill rate? I can't see any Hammer masteries on her passives OR materias, and Hammer's Rare Ability is 15% HP/DEF while Fist's is 15% Atk/HP.

11. Carnefix

Carnefix Taking a break from News Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter German Moderator Arena Runner Up S2 Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    416 022 660
    Leads:
    Zeno, Esther, Circe, Cid
    The build with Thor's hammer is just for damage non STMR BIS. Solely because she get's more atk from it. IW enhancements are always ignored because it is based on luck.
    Individual build can always differ such as my potential build with Prishe STMR for much more Atk.

12. Beelzeboss

Beelzeboss Ascended Member Supporter

ex197
    How exactly does she get more Atk? Thor's Hammer and Aigaion's Fist have exactly the same Atk, with Aigaion Fist having the advantage of extra 100% LB Fill Rate. There are no items in the build giving any kind of Hammer mastery either, so that's not it.

Attached Files:

13. RedPyramid

RedPyramid Ascended Member

You know what I would love to see done? (Though not know cause your so busy Meme) I would love to see a @Memel0rd most anticipated units list, with like a quick 3 pros and 3 cons for future units. I know with GL upgrades we won’t know exactly what’s in store but it would be nice to have like a monthly updated “here’s what to expect, and what’s good saving for” type thing.

14. Carnefix

Carnefix Taking a break from News Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter German Moderator Arena Runner Up S2 Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    416 022 660
    Leads:
    Zeno, Esther, Circe, Cid
    I was thinking that the hammer was a bit more. The fist is better then.

Seven likes this.
  15. Hero 英雄

Hero 英雄 Ascended Member Supporter

Agree with you!

16. Seven

Seven Mildly Active Member VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    None; this may be a hard case to crack
    Tifa is self-sufficient but I wouldn’t say 4th...Sora, Cloud, 2B, Hyoh, etc.

But yeah, Vincent??? Just use an LB build on HTLid for infinite 70% break using only 6* unit?

17. Frosty Toast

Frosty Toast Chopin Enthusiast VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    511 684 224
    Leads:
    Event, 2B, Raegen
    Great review/overview. 7* Tifa yey, finally 4th chaining DR partner for brachium

18. AceJokerXX

AceJokerXX Active Member

Leads:
    Tidus, Noctis

Is it worth to pull for sephiroth? Or should i wait to pull for akstar?? Can somebody help me :)))

19. Multil8or

Multil8or Ascended Member

Good morning,
    Sephiroth is a Jack of all Chains... He is not the best Damage Dealer (he will be much better as soon he got his enhancements) but he can fit in nearly each team setup and that is something I really like. I got 2 of him when he got released at 6* meta and have now 1 lvl 120 not max potted but he is doing really well. I have only 1 of nearly all important DDs right now and need a good partner!
    You have to decide if you want to wait or not. Do you need someone as chaining partner for nearly all famous chains or do you have a partner for each of your DD?

Have a nice day!

20. Leon3456

Leon3456 Well-Known Member

I thought Tifa is stronger than Hyoh?